General Gipsy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Atkin

Re: Arab Champions League

Hi mate.

Just had a read and this is defo something I would be interested in if its okay?

Duno if this is for your friends or what ever, just thought i'd ask. :o:D

Sounds good, something diffrent!

Everybody right you SM names to add you, here are the teams that are going to be in the setup:

Al Ahli Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)

Al Ahly (Egypt)

Al Hilal (Saudi Arabia)

Al Ittihad (Saudi Arabia)

Al Karamah (Syria)

Al Masry (Egypt)

Zamalek (Egypt)

Espérance de Tunis (Tunisia)

Al Merreikh (Sudan)

Al Nassr (Saudi Arabia)

Olympique Khouribga (Morocco)

Wydad AC (Morocco)

Club Africain (Tunisia)

CS Sfaxien (Tunisia)

Ismaily SC (Egypt)

Palestino (special guests from Chile)

Here is what the draw got:

1. Al Ahly (Egypt) Nacho Novo

2. CS Sfaxien (Tunisia) Gazza MUFC

3. Zamalek (Egypt) Monorn

4. Al Masry (Egypt) Niks

5. Espérance de Tunis (Tunisia) hamza qudsi

6. Club Africain (Tunisia) ayman wahdani

7. Etoile Sahel (Tunisia) J_B_K

8. Al Hilal Omdurman (Sudan) King Kolo

9. Al Karamah (Syria) General Gipsy

10. Al Ahli Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) david belkevitz

11. Al Nassr (Saudi Arabia) BigGameMo

12. Al Hilal (Saudi Arabia) Noox

13. Ismaily SC (Egypt) MuntasirT

14. Wydad AC (Morocco) we-are-the-people-93

15. Al Ittihad (Saudi Arabia) DannyKingCAFC

16. Al Merreikh (Sudan) Atkin

This is what the draw got to us, I hope that nobody have a problem with this as it really doesn't matter...

Division 1:

Al Ahly (Egypt) Nacho Novo

Al Ittihad (Saudi Arabia) DannyKingCAFC

CS Sfaxien (Tunisia) Gazza MUFC

Al Hilal Omdurman (Sudan) King Kolo

Espérance de Tunis (Tunisia) hamza qudsi

Al Nassr (Saudi Arabia) BigGameMo

Al Karamah (Syria) General Gipsy

Wydad AC (Morocco) we-are-the-people-93

Division 2:

Etoile Sahel (Tunisia) J_B_K

Ismaily SC (Egypt) MuntasirT

Al Masry (Egypt) Niks

Al Ahli Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) david belkevitz

Club Africain (Tunisia) ayman wahdani

Zamalek (Egypt) Monorn

Al Hilal (Saudi Arabia) Noox

Merreikh (Sudan) Atkin

This is what the draw got to us' date=' I hope that nobody have a problem with this as it really doesn't matter...

Division 1:

Al Ahly (Egypt) Nacho Novo

Al Ittihad (Saudi Arabia) DannyKingCAFC

CS Sfaxien (Tunisia) Gazza MUFC

Palestino (special guests from Chile) King Kolo

Espérance de Tunis (Tunisia) hamza qudsi

Al Nassr (Saudi Arabia) BigGameMo

Al Karamah (Syria) General Gipsy

Wydad AC (Morocco) we-are-the-people-93

Division 2:

Olympique Khouribga (Morocco) J_B_K

Ismaily SC (Egypt) MuntasirT

Al Masry (Egypt) Niks

Al Ahli Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) david belkevitz

Club Africain (Tunisia) ayman wahdani

Zamalek (Egypt) Monorn

Al Hilal (Saudi Arabia) Noox

Merreikh (Sudan) Atkin[/quote']

Okay, a couple of observations:

1st, although I didnt get an egyptian team :(, I did manage to get a decent team with an Egyptian player on it, so things didnt turn out too bad :D

2nd, although it doesn't seem like it because these teams are so unknown to everyone, there is a decent gulf in skill between the good and bad ones. Zamalek, Ahli, Ismaily, and Al Hilal are all rather significantly better than the other sides, follwed less by Al Nassr, and Al Ittihad. These 6 teams, followed by the next 2 best teams, perferably not from Egypt or Saudia Arabia, should make up the first division, although since its your league you can obviously choose to just leave things the way they are.

3rd, Olympique Khouribga has only about 12 of its players on its roster, leaving that team at a bit of a disadvantage. You could put in other Arab teams, such as Persopolis from Iran or Etoile Sahel from Tunisia in place in Olympique to compensate for this. And both of those teams are good enough to be 1st division teams, helping solve that problem as well.

Other than that, I'm just excited to get started in the setup! Good luck everyone!

Okay' date=' a couple of observations:

1st, although I didnt get an egyptian team :(, I did manage to get a decent team with an Egyptian player on it, so things didnt turn out too bad :D

2nd, although it doesn't seem like it because these teams are so unknown to everyone, there is a decent gulf in skill between the good and bad ones. Zamalek, Ahli, Ismaily, and Al Hilal are all rather significantly better than the other sides, follwed less by Al Nassr, and Al Ittihad. These 6 teams, followed by the next 2 best teams, perferably not from Egypt or Saudia Arabia, should make up the first division, although since its your league you can obviously choose to just leave things the way they are.

3rd, Olympique Khouribga has only about 12 of its players on its roster, leaving that team at a bit of a disadvantage. You could put in other Arab teams, such as Persopolis from Iran or Etoile Sahel from Tunisia in place in Olympique to compensate for this. And both of those teams are good enough to be 1st division teams, helping solve that problem as well.

Other than that, I'm just excited to get started in the setup! Good luck everyone![/quote']

Thanks mate, about the division thing I did it that way so that everybody get it fairly, after it's not about the performance it's about how you build up your squad, doesn't matter what division you are in, so I prefer it that way (randomly) so everybody can really enjoy it that way, unless we all disagree on that we'll keep it like that, and again thanks for the heads up mate.

The problem is that too many non-arab teams like Iranian teams will really miss the concept of the setup, as we already have the guest team from Chile, I find it enough, but you're right about Sahel as I didn't see it before.

Also I just found out that I missed another one, which is Al Hilal Omdurman from Sudan, it will replace the Chilean team and that way we'll have full setup of Arab teams, with Sahel and Al Hilal Omdurman replacing Olympique and Palestino.

Thanks mate, that was a great help.

Thanks mate' date=' about the division thing I did it that way so that everybody get it fairly, after it's not about the performance it's about how you build up your squad, doesn't matter what division you are in, so I prefer it that way (randomly) so everybody can really enjoy it that way, unless we all disagree on that we'll keep it like that, and again thanks for the heads up mate.

The problem is that too many non-arab teams like Iranian teams will really miss the concept of the setup, as we already have the guest team from Chile, I find it enough, but you're right about Sahel as I didn't see it before.

Also I just found out that I missed another one, which is Al Hilal Omdurman from Sudan, it will replace the Chilean team and that way we'll have full setup of Arab teams, with Sahel and Al Hilal Omdurman replacing Olympique and Palestino.

Thanks mate, that was a great help.[/quote']

Okay, I can understand your position, it does make sense, and after all, there isn't too too much difference between the best and worst teams in this league.

And no problem, just trying to be helpful :D

BTW, you said tommorrow...have you decided on the time yet?

Nacho Novo - Nacho Novo (there are multiple ones, this is him http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=588353)

DannyKingCAFC - Danny King(2)!

Gazza MUFC - Gazza Thomas (Forum)

King Kolo - Liam O'Connor

Hamza Qudsi - Your Friend #1

BigGameMo - Me, Mohamed Al-Hendy

General Gipsy - You, the General

we-are-the-people-93 - Ryan Mcleod

J_B_K - J.B.K

MuntasirT - Muntasir T.

Niks - Sir Niks Ferguson

david belkevitz - david belkevitz

Ayman Wahdani - Your Friend #2

Monorn - Rohit Gautam

Noox - Your 3rd friend?

Atkin - Michael Atkin

That's everyone's SM names. Can we start now? :D

Nacho Novo - Nacho Novo (there are multiple ones' date=' this is him [url']http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?cid=588353[/url])

DannyKingCAFC - Danny King(2)!

Gazza MUFC - Gazza Thomas (Forum)

King Kolo - Liam O'Connor

Hamza Qudsi - Your Friend #1

BigGameMo - Me, Mohamed Al-Hendy

General Gipsy - You, the General

we-are-the-people-93 - Ryan Mcleod

J_B_K - J.B.K

MuntasirT - Muntasir T.

Niks - Sir Niks Ferguson

david belkevitz - david belkevitz

Ayman Wahdani - Your Friend #2

Monorn - Rohit Gautam

Noox - Your 3rd friend?

Atkin - Michael Atkin

That's everyone's SM names. Can we start now? :D

LOL, thanks for the great effort, already got most of them added, waiting them to accept, when they do we'll start so I can send invitations, let us hope they can do it now, already PM'ed them. :)