Sign in to follow this  
Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Youth Competition Discussion Thread

Guest drseanfitz

Re: English Championship 106 - Youth Competition Discussion Thread

Just looked at my loaned out list, loaned out 5 players that would have made the starting line up in the youth team.

image1xdx.jpg

but when you look at the wages, I could save in excess of £3mil throughout the season, so it's a sacrifice I'm happy to make.

opps silly old me - heres me thinking to avoid SPAMMING UP the league thread' date=' this was the place for posts regarding the youth competition

B)

[b']pup[/b]

Elliot you just got owned by Long:p

Just looked at my loaned out list' date=' loaned out 5 players that would have made the starting line up in the youth team.

image1xdx.jpg

but when you look at the wages, I could save in excess of £3mil throughout the season, so it's a sacrifice I'm happy to make.

That's bad for you, I have a lot of players who I could do with, but the benefits of loaning out far outweigh this youth tournament. Can you tell me how you can put your loaned out players up, and how you can underline them, or circle them so to speak. Cheers. I could use that in my blog instead of typing about them. And cheers, it's the new version of BG.

Can anyone tell me when is the first round of this youth competition? And also the day for all the group stage fixtures? I've lost track about this competition plus Elliot posted the draw on the league thread which is difficult to search back the post.

Guest 1CapWonder

Can anyone tell me when is the first round of this youth competition? And also the day for all the group stage fixtures? I've lost track about this competition plus Elliot posted the draw on the league thread which is difficult to search back the post.

I didn't post it :o

Sean did the draw, my job was to organise everything before that really. But don't worry about it, he's done nothing wrong because it will be reposted here this weekend with dates of the First Round. No group stages Dean...

It is likely to be in 2 weeks time as we feel 2 weeks notice is enough and gives time to organise appropriately. Teams drawn first will play Away first, and at home Second. This is important, as Away Goals will play a part. The rules of the games will also be posted this weekend, to avoid confusion should teams draw both games etc.

Hope this helps :)

Guest drseanfitz

Is it too late to put a new signing in my squad?

Guest 1CapWonder

I'm afraid it is lads sorry :(

I've saved all the squads now onto a seperate document, and I can see by the posts aswell when it was last edited. Unfortunately if I were to let it happen now, lots would want to do it and it would get me in a mess.

Apologies for the lack of info regarding dates. Im currently on a 2 day coaching course that needs my full attention 8am-6pm for this weekend and next. Hopefully I can get in touch with Sean this weekend or Monday and we can begin to plan for the first round. Cheers lads.

Guest 1CapWonder

YOUTH CUP UPDATE - Read Carefully

Revised Fixture's And Rules

Here is a revised list of the fixtures regarding the Youth Cup which is scheduled to start the week after next. Both Turna (Bristol) and Monty (Bradford) have been given special dispensation with regards to squad lists, due to drop-outs and managerial changes. I will PM both of you this weekend regarding your deadlines. The next fixtures are below.

ALL FIXTURE'S MUST BE ARRANGED BY THE TEAM IN RED AS YOU WILL PLAY YOUR HOME GAMES FIRST.

ALL FIXTURES MUST BE ARRANGED FOR THE 17th SEPTEMBER

If possible, can the team in Black arrange the 2nd leg for the 24th of September?? This is not as urgent but is strongly recommended.

Crewe vs Leyton Orient

Bradford vs Oxford

Preston vs Burnley

Huddersfield vs Watford

Crystal Palace vs Sunderland

Rochdale vs Reading

Northampton vs Peterborough

Wallsall vs Barnsley

(Byes - Charlton, Shorpe, Doncaster, Southampton, Middlesbrough)

Tournament Rules

Games will be decided over 2 legs.

The final will be just one game.

The teams drawn 2nd will play their Home Game first.

If Away Goals don't separate teams then there will be a One Off Play-Off game between the teams a week later.

Still no separation will lead to the Lower Placed Team in EC106 at the time go through (Seems fair... Any other idea's please PM me and this can be changed)

Teams who field ineligible players will be disqualified.

All suspicious selection/team worries must be PM'ed to me or Sean to investigate.

No team will receive 2 byes throughout the tournament.

No players can be added to the Squad apart from the 1 Un-Named Loan Player, who MUST be Under 21!

so those in red would play away 1st???Or would the club in black play the home game 1st???? :confused:

The clubs in red play at home first, the clubs in black will be at home in the second leg.

Bradford City Announce Youth Team:

Jasper Chan, GK (70) - 20 yrs old.

Scott Jamieson, LB/LM (80) - 20 yrs old.

Sebastian Ryall, CB/RB (74) - 20 yrs old.

Adama Traore, LB (70) - 19 yrs old.

Gavin Gunning, CB (70) - 18 yrs old.

Steven Kinniburgh, LB/CB (70) - 20 yrs old.

Vurnon Anita, DM/CM (80) - 20 yrs old.

Gabriele Puccio, DM/CM (70) - 20 yrs old.

Dmitri Zinovich, DM (70) - 20 yrs old.

Edwin Cardona, AM (72) - 16 yrs old.

Jugurtha Hamroun, AM (70) - 20 yrs old.

Ben Kantarovski, AM (78) - 17 yrs old.

Dale Stephens, RM (67) - 21 yrs old.

Kofi Danning, Wing/FWD (73) - 18 yrs old.

Mustapha Carayol, Wing (66) - 20 yrs old.

Luke Holden, Wing/FWD (65) - 20 yrs old.

Anthony Skorich, Wing, FWD (70) - 19 yrs old.

Carlos Vela, Wing/FWD (87) - 20 yrs old - Loan.

Aaron Taylor, FWD (70) - 19 yrs old.

Costa Barbarouses, FWD (70) - 19 yrs old.

Adam Coakley, FWD (68) - 21 yrs old.

Darryl Knights, FWD (68) - 21 yrs old.

Bradford kick-off the youth tournament on the 17th September with one of the easier ties away against David Belkevitz' Oxford United. The return leg will take place on Bradford turf a week later on the 24th as City look to progress to the next stage. However, Bradford boss Ryan Monteith has warned his team about becoming too confident:

David has done a great job at Oxford, leading them to Div 3 last season via the play-offs when no-one expected them to. He's built a solid team that will drag out narrow results if neccessary and that is why we cant get too cocky. Complancency is something we can suffer from, but our younger players are eager to impress and i'm sure they'll do us proud.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Bradford City Announce Youth Team:

Jasper Chan' date=' GK (70) - 20 yrs old.

Scott Jamieson, LB/LM (80) - 20 yrs old.

Sebastian Ryall, CB/RB (74) - 20 yrs old.

Adama Traore, LB (70) - 19 yrs old.

Gavin Gunning, CB (70) - 18 yrs old.

Steven Kinniburgh, LB/CB (70) - 20 yrs old.

Vurnon Anita, DM/CM (80) - 20 yrs old.

Gabriele Puccio, DM/CM (70) - 20 yrs old.

Dmitri Zinovich, DM (70) - 20 yrs old.

Edwin Cardona, AM (72) - 16 yrs old.

Jugurtha Hamroun, AM (70) - 20 yrs old.

Ben Kantarovski, AM (78) - 17 yrs old.

Dale Stephens, RM (67) - 21 yrs old.

Kofi Danning, Wing/FWD (73) - 18 yrs old.

Mustapha Carayol, Wing (66) - 20 yrs old.

Luke Holden, Wing/FWD (65) - 20 yrs old.

Anthony Skorich, Wing, FWD (70) - 19 yrs old.

Carlos Vela, Wing/FWD (87) - 20 yrs old - Loan.

Aaron Taylor, FWD (70) - 19 yrs old.

Costa Barbarouses, FWD (70) - 19 yrs old.

Adam Coakley, FWD (68) - 21 yrs old.

Darryl Knights, FWD (68) - 21 yrs old.

Bradford kick-off the youth tournament on the 17th September with one of the easier ties away against David Belkevitz' Oxford United. The return leg will take place on Bradford turf a week later on the 24th as City look to progress to the next stage. However, Bradford boss Ryan Monteith has warned his team about becoming too confident:[/quote']

As Oxford Utd manager David Belkevitz prepares for the up coming youth tournament, which he says is a very welcome addition to their season and will be a good indicator to see how his youth policy is developing. He noticed comments made in the "Bradford local rag" that his side had already been dismissed by the over confident Bradford manager Ryan Monteith. In response to this comment the jovial Jock remarked this morning," Ryan's Bradford City are sitting top of the league and he certainly has a good squad of players at his disposal and doing a fine job, but I hope I can make him eat his words as we down here in Oxford are no pushovers. We are preparing for the two legged affair with some extra training and I am very pleased with the attitude of my young squad. Will we win? Well I'm too long in this game to make crazy predictions like young Ryan :P so I will let my lads do the talking on the field as I know they will give a good account of themselves no matter what happens. I am from the old school of hard knocks and my boys know what I expect from them, and they will be ready for Bradford City come the 17th of this month."

The craggy Scot seemed confident in his youth team, which he assembed in the close season after a whirlwind start to his Oxford Utd career by gaining promotion in his first season with only a squad of 23 players. He has brought in youths from all over the world in what he hopes wil be the dawn of a new era for Oxford Utd FC in the EC106.

Guest drseanfitz

Crewe's Youth Cup side

DZHANAEV' date=' Soslan Gk 22 84

KIREV, Mario Gk 20 74

RAITALA, Jukka LB/CB 20 82

KUIPER, Nicky LB/LM 20 77

ALDERWEIRELD, Toby RB/CB 20 78

XXXXXXXX

BELLUSCI, Giuseppe CB 19 82

KAYA, Semih CB 18 74

MCLAGGON, Kayne Wing/Fwd 18 75

ALLEN, Joe CM 19 80

XXXXXXX

XXXXXXX

SHARBINI, Anas AM/CM 22 86

ALBRIGHTON, Mark RM/Wing 19 74

XXXXXXXXX

AYDOGDU, Soner CM/LM 18 78

KADLEC, Vaclav AM/Fwd 17 74

ELIA, Eljero Fwd/Wing 22 87

MORIMOTO, Takayuki CF 21 86

GOODWILLIE, David CF 20 76

PONTIUS, Chris Fwd/Wing 22 77 (not the Jackass one)

LUKAKU, Romelo CF 16 75[/quote']

Crewe Cup Crisis

Crewe's cup plans have been hit for six following the departure of Delph and Bernardo, and the impending departure of Raul and Driver. With rumours of Bellusci and/or Raitala joining Grimsby on loan, the club could find there squad reduced as low as 16 members.

Im selling Wagner. Can I replace him with Ivan Marcano? Also Paloschi may be signing permanently soon' date=' and I have him down as my loan signing. Would he still be eligible?[/quote']

Don't think so, me and others have requests rejected. As my youth squad is being replaced, i may not even have enough players to take part

Don't think so' date=' me and others have requests rejected. As my youth squad is being replaced, i may not even have enough players to take part[/quote']

I might be selling players as the financial side of my team is struggling.

Guest drseanfitz

Forgot about the competition tonight, had trouble getting onto the site all afternoon and after struggling to get all my teams sorted for my custom set ups, forgot all about it so

Fielding an ineligible player at any time for any reason = match awarded to opponent 3-0

Leyton Orient 3 -0 Crewe

Despite that, an excellent result for Leyton who beat my almost close to full strength side 1-0.

Guest 1CapWonder

Just had a quick glance at the results. Will check them properly tomorrow but as far as I'm aware Mr Holt fielded 2 on loan players, meaning his 3-2 win turns into a 0-3 loss.

Can't complain, I PM'ed everyone the rules! I made everyone produce their squad and I posted and reposted on here quite a bit....

Hope everyone else was problem free with their opposition etc :)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

OXFORD UTD 4-0 BRADFORD CITY

Bradford City get a spanking against Oxford Utd in what Mr Monteith considered an 'easy' tie

:D. Never underestimate the power of my young maestro's Ryan!!!!:P

I never changed my team to under 22's. Anyways, I sold a lot of players and would have struggled a bit in midfield and up front. I won't be able to partake in any youth tournaments unless I can state my team closer till the first game.