Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Youth Competition Discussion Thread

Please Note: In friendly games the following rules apply -

Suspended players can play;

Injured players can play;

Player's conditions are not reduced;

Player's cannot get injured;

Yellow and red cards are not recorded;

A player will start the match with their current fitness.

That's the point i was making J_C' date=' if we play the games on a sun/thurs the 3 first teamers in my squad will at best be what 80% fit?.I won't play them, hence why i did not include them in my starting line-up:cool:[/quote']

Yeah Dave you are right. Although no fitness is reduced the player will play according to his fitness. So if he is 65% fit he will play pap. In most cases I have noticed players play well only if they have a minimum 90% fitness. Injured players suck even more. Wish I had known all of this before my EC106 Challenge cup match with Holt:(

Unsure Red' date=' have we have a proper method in sorting out the groups yet?:confused:[/quote']

Well whatever. If you are still taking entries for about 5-6 days I might have my squad ready if not good luck with tournament.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crewe announce youth squad:

DZHANAEV' date=' Soslan 22 84

FON WILLIAMS, Owain 22 77

KAYA, Semih 18 74

BELLUSCI, Giuseppe19 82

RAITALA, Jukka 20 82

KIM, Kun-Hoan 22 77

KUIPER, Nicky 20 77

RAUL, Guilherme Martins 19 76

MOLLO, Yohan 20 84

DRIVER, Andrew 21 86

SPARV, Tim 22 81

ALLEN, Joe 19 80

DELPH, Fabian 19 80

BADELJ, Milan 20 83

SERTIC, Grégory 20 74

KADLEC, Vaclav 17 74

MORIMOTO, Takayuki 21 86

DIOUF, Mame 21 85

GOODWILLIE, David 20 76

ELIA, Eljero 22 87

Starting line up:

DZHANAEV

RAITALA

KIM

BELLUSCI

RAUL

ALLEN

DELPH

BADELJ

MOLLO

DRIVER

MORIMOTO or ELIAS

average rating 82

Just wondering what we do regarding replacements etc., i.e. if I was to sign Rhys Williams off Crystal Palace can I put him into my team?

ummm... when are you talking about buying him?

When is this supposed to start?

If you have time I might be able to put a squad together:confused: Currently I have

Romero(22)-88

Tosic(22)-86

Zucullini(18)-86

Mata(21)-91

Denisov(20)-76

Herrera(19)-76

Milic(20)-76

It will probably start in the next few weeks

Please Note: In friendly games the following rules apply -

Suspended players can play;

Injured players can play;

Player's conditions are not reduced;

Player's cannot get injured;

Yellow and red cards are not recorded;

A player will start the match with their current fitness.

That's the point i was making J_C' date=' if we play the games on a sun/thurs the 3 first teamers in my squad will at best be what 80% fit?.I won't play them, hence why i did not include them in my starting line-up:cool:

PALACE 21 MAN SQUAD AVE RATING = 80.6

PALACE STRONGEST STARING 11 (4-4-2) = [b']85[/b]

MILLWALL 15 MAN SQUAD AVE RATING = 80

MILLWALL STRONGEST STARTING 11 (4-4-2) = 81.2

Hmmm ok Paul:cool:

Unsure Red, have we have a proper method in sorting out the groups yet?:confused:

i've got 2 ideas..... 4 groups of 6 with the best 6 teams in group onethe next est 6 teams in group 2 etc.. OR make random groups using Random.org

which one do you guys think?

In my opinion Sean, before you do anything about the groups everyone has to have their final Squads sorted. As its the close season and no doubt people will be adding, i can't see how that can be done yet?.Why not give everyone say two weeks to compile a final squad of 15 players, with the understanding that no further players can be added to the group.Then arrange the groups on Squad Average as opposed to a chosen starting 11 or best possible 11.

Guest drseanfitz

It will probably start in the next few weeks

i've got 2 ideas..... 4 groups of 6 with the best 6 teams in group onethe next est 6 teams in group 2 etc.. OR make random groups using Random.org

which one do you guys think?

just thinking in general regarding the transfers, as in can we add to the squad after tournament starts(maybe allow x amount of changes after group stage), and are we going to cup tie the players if we do allow additions.

Personally I think you should go random or squad average, as starting 11's change

In my opinion Sean' date=' before you do anything about the groups everyone has to have their final Squads sorted. As its the close season and no doubt people will be adding, i can't see how that can be done yet?.Why not give everyone say two weeks to compile a final squad of 15 players, with the understanding that no further players can be added to the group.Then arrange the groups on [b']Squad Average [/b]as opposed to a chosen starting 11 or best possible 11.

I agree with the two weeks thing as it will give everyone time.and when everyone is finished with their squads PM ME THEM instead of posting them on here and i think Random.org would be a good way of doing the groups

just thinking in general regarding the transfers' date=' as in can we add to the squad after tournament starts(maybe allow x amount of changes after group stage), and are we going to cup tie the players if we do allow additions.Personally I think you should go random or squad average, as starting 11's change

i don't get you?

Guest drseanfitz

i don't get you?

if we decide to allow new players to be added to the squad and I buy a player that has already represented another team in the competition are we going to make him eligable or ineligable i.e. cup tied?

if we decide to allow new players to be added to the squad and I buy a player that has already represented another team in the competition are we going to make him eligable or ineligable i.e. cup tied?

Sorry:o

yes he will be cup tied

Just wondering what we do regarding replacements etc., i.e. if I was to sign Rhys Williams off Crystal Palace can I put him into my team?

when i sell him? and im not lol:D

This is what I suggest-

If you have 24 clubs have 4 groups of 6. All clubs play each other once. Whether the fixture is home or away can be decided by random.org. The top 2 in each group go through. So we will have 8 clubs in the next round. There we can have 2 groups of 4 each. Each club plays 6 games both home and away. The top 2 go through to the semifinals. The winner of Group A can play the runner up of Group B and the winner of Group B can play runner up of Group A. That's all about the competition methodology.

Rules

• Give all the clubs participating 2 weeks to submit their squad. Maximum of 20 allowed.
  • The competition Will be an U-22 one.
  • In case a player turns 23 during the tournament he would be eligible for the rest of the tournament.
  • No rating should be imposed.
  • The initial 4 groups will be made using Random.org and NOT based on the average of the starting lineup.
  • A Player cannot play for different clubs in the competition. So if a player for eg plays for Crewe he then cannot play for anyother team.
  • In Case a manager fields any player inelligible for the tournament the opponent will be awarded a 3-0 victory.

Just an Opinion. Feel free the suggest anything new.

This is what I suggest-

If you have 24 clubs have 4 groups of 6. All clubs play each other once. Whether the fixture is home or away can be decided by random.org. The top 2 in each group go through. So we will have 8 clubs in the next round. There we can have 2 groups of 4 each. Each club plays 6 games both home and away. The top 2 go through to the semifinals. The winner of Group A can play the runner up of Group B and the winner of Group B can play runner up of Group A. That's all about the competition methodology.

Rules

• Give all the clubs participating 2 weeks to submit their squad. Maximum of 20 allowed.
  • In case a player turns 23 during the tournament he would be eligible for the rest of the tournament.
  • The initial 4 groups will be made using Random.org and NOT based on the average of the starting lineup.
  • A Player cannot play for different clubs in the competition. So if a player for eg plays for Crewe he then cannot play for anyother team.
  • In Case a manager fields any player inelligible for the tournament the opponent will be awarded a 3-0 victory.

Sounds like a plan Red. I personally think we should go with this before it gets to complicated.

This is what I suggest-

Rules

Let's go with that Red:)

PALACE 21 MAN SQUAD AVE RATING = 80.6

PALACE STRONGEST STARING 11 (4-4-2) = 85

MILLWALL 15 MAN SQUAD AVE RATING = 80

MILLWALL STRONGEST STARTING 11 (4-4-2) = 81.2

Hmmm ok Paul

But that included Gignac(89), Vukcevic(88) and Assman(87) who are 23 and are not eligible anymore.

a difference of 3.8 is close to be fair Dave.

I havent got a U-22 Goalkeeper, will look to try to bring in 1 in the coming days.

SOUTHAMPTON U-22 SQUAD

( will only include the highest rated few in each position)

GOALKEEPERS

NONE

DEFENDERS

Serdar Tasci (22 90)

Johnny Evans (21 88)

Chema Anton (20 78)

Sebastian Faure (18 75)

Martin Kelly (19 74)

Marijan Matic (22 74)

MIDFIELDERS

Renato Augusto (21 89)

Mesut Ozil (20 89)

Nicolas Gaitan (21 85)

Mauro Formica (21 84)

Savio Nsereko (20 84)

Mata Victor Sanchez (21 83)

Ebrima Sohna (21 82)

Sebastian Sciorilli (20 82)

Ramos Jordi Alba (21 80)

Magnus Lekven (21 78)

Mario Ticinovic (17 78)

Miguel Palanca (21 78)

FOWARDS

Mauro Zarate (22 90)

Robert Lewandowski (20 85)

Iker Muniain (16 75)

Pacheco Fraga Guto (21 75)

Jose Anderson Lessa (20 72)

N.B. This list is only tentative, will look to bringing in new re-inforcements in the near future.

(Cant give Starting XI due to lack of goalkeeper)

Guest 1CapWonder

I don't mean to disrupt the flow, Sean if you have the time to moderate all these games and deal with issues then that's fine, but what I will suggest is a simple 2 legged knockout??

I know we have it in the Cup and the Shield but the famous FA Youth Cup is known for it's excitement and so on. Basically for the smaller clubs, my youth team will have an average rating in the 60's...

I just think if you make it a straight knockout, or even a 2 legged knockout, there will be excitement, more people will be keen to do these one off match reports on the normal thread and everything will be integrated and exciting.

I fear that a league system almost immediately rules out any real surprises and doesn't give us lower teams a chance. I also fear that with this, and a seperate thread, things start to become seperated. I think it would be nice to hear of seperate one off Youth Cup games on the normal thread, however if we make it a league that won't happen...

Any thoughts on this?

I don't mean to disrupt the flow' date=' Sean if you have the time to moderate all these games and deal with issues then that's fine, but what I will suggest is a simple 2 legged knockout??

I know we have it in the Cup and the Shield but the famous FA Youth Cup is known for it's excitement and so on. Basically for the smaller clubs, my youth team will have an average rating in the 60's...

I just think if you make it a straight knockout, or even a 2 legged knockout, there will be excitement, more people will be keen to do these one off match reports on the normal thread and everything will be integrated and exciting.

I fear that a league system almost immediately rules out any real surprises and doesn't give us lower teams a chance. I also fear that with this, and a seperate thread, things start to become seperated. I think it would be nice to hear of seperate one off Youth Cup games on the normal thread, however if we make it a league that won't happen...

Any thoughts on this?[/b']

I like the idea as it's much simpler but i'll go with whatever you guys decide:)

Guest 1CapWonder

I like the idea as it's much simpler but i'll go with whatever you guys decide:)

Glad to hear it' date=' I thought you might need the most convincing. I know it's simple, but it's so effective and much more exciting. I think with this aswell, then more people will be prepared to stick with the idea and arrange their fixtures. But like you said, it's what everyone wants not just us

:)[/b']

Glad to hear it' date=' I thought you might need the most convincing. I know it's simple, but it's so effective and much more exciting. I think with this aswell, then more people will be prepared to stick with the idea and arrange their fixtures. But like you said, it's what everyone wants not just us

:)[/b']

Im not hard to convince(if you give me a wad of cash;):P)

In all honestly even I would like a simple knockout affair but so far with only about 20-24 clubs expressing interest it would be tough to have a knockout affair unless someone can find a solution. Basically if we have 24 clubs. Then it would be 12 then 6 and then 3 which is where we will get stuck:confused:

Guest 1CapWonder

In all honestly even I would like a simple knockout affair but so far with only about 20-24 clubs expressing interest it would be tough to have a knockout affair unless someone can find a solution. Basically if we have 24 clubs. Then it would be 12 then 6 and then 3 which is where we will get stuck:confused:

What I would suggest is:

Either bunking the forumers up to as many as possible, maybe the highest we could get would be 28, and then add in a couple of clubs chosen at random from the league. That can easily be done over the internet or I can do it in a hat at home, and 4 non - forumers or just random clubs will be put in the draw. Either he can be convinced to join, knowing the (simple) rules or it's a bye and the club goes through.

Sticking with the bye theme, if we end up with say 20 clubs, it can be easily done so that 4 recieve a bye....

Anyway I really do believe that a knockout is the way forward and it would be more fun for everyone, if there is a draw released at the start of the season, fixing up teams so that they know who they play if they win (Like Wilmbledon) again, fairly easy to do.

Anyway Sean, this was your idea, so I don't want to take over and do it for you, but those are my suggestions, and if you need a hand with the draw or anything like that, just give me a shout :)

What I would suggest is:

Either bunking the forumers up to as many as possible' date=' maybe the highest we could get would be 28, and then add in a couple of clubs chosen at random from the league. That can easily be done over the internet or I can do it in a hat at home, and 4 non - forumers or just random clubs will be put in the draw. Either he can be convinced to join, knowing the (simple) rules or it's a bye and the club goes through.

Sticking with the bye theme, if we end up with say 20 clubs, it can be easily done so that 4 recieve a bye....

Anyway I really do believe that a knockout is the way forward and it would be more fun for everyone, if there is a draw released at the start of the season, fixing up teams so that they know who they play if they win (Like Wilmbledon) again, fairly easy to do.

Anyway Sean, this was your idea, so I don't want to take over and do it for you, but those are my suggestions, and if you need a hand with the draw or anything like that, just give me a shout :)[/quote']

yeah that's a decent idea. If we have

20 - 4 receive a bye

24 - 8 receive a bye

28 - 4 receive a buy

knockout is always better. takes lesser time

Guest 1CapWonder

yeah that's a decent idea. If we have

20 - 4 receive a bye

24 - 8 receive a bye

32 - 4 receive a buy

knockout is always better. takes lesser time