Sign in to follow this  
Louis

The Official UFC Thread

Thought i would make a thread where UFC fans can discuss all UFC related news instead of using the UFC 100 thread.

Anyway..UFC 101 is only two days away, theres some good cards, UFC Lightweight Champion BJ Penn will put his title on the line against Kenny Florian, while Anderson Silva has moved up a weight class to Light Heavyweight to fight Forrest Griffin, both should be great fights.

Re: UFC Official Thread

id like forest griffin to win on saturday for the reason that if he does he will fight lyoto machida given that he beats shogun rua (which is easier said than done) whereas silva would probably not fight him due to them being good friends.

im looking forward to ufc 105 in england. i'll be there with abit of luck. rumoured main event is michael bisping v wanderlei silva tho i cannot see this happening. some other of the brit boys will surely be put on the bill dan hardy for one.

shud be a good night

like he was potentially going to die against shogun and rampage. im not saying he would win but you can never count out forest griffin.

I really dislike him , and his style of fighting, did you watch Johnson VS Machida,

I was hoping for a better fight, more even, but how good was Machida.

I hope Kenny destroys BJ I hate the little punk but there's noway that will happen especially after I saw countdown to 101 BJ looks in top condition.

Big fan of Griffin the dude is a legend and has the heart of 101 lions and I think he's gonna pound Silva honestly. The only other fight I am slightly interested in is Kendell Grove and Almeida pretty dull looking cards in my opinion but saying that only because I haven't seen herd of alot of the fighters.

gotta love when two teams batte it out !

No idea what that means :o

Sorry lol, i was in a rish but wanted to post. it was a referance to when two UFC fighters, take the role of coach over amataeur MMA fighters, each team faces each other, and there is a contract in the UFC up for grabs for the winning Amatuer. Also the coaches fight in a UFC after the series finish.

There has been loads of these series, all the guys in the same house, can be carnage lol.

You reckon griffin will pound Silva ? i wouldnt put money on that.

BJ penn looks in great shape, i like him , how come you dont lol ?

BJ agh dude makes me angry he's good knows it and is to bloody arrogant :mad:

Ok he won't pound Silva but Silva won't knock him out that's for **** sure I think it will go to decision and Griffin gets it. Like the man said himself someone has to beat him sometime why not him. :D

i dont think its as 1 way as people are making out for anderson but come on, not a chance in hell that silva will knock griffin out? theres every chance tbh.alot of it depends how anderson handles the physical advantages of griffin.

not a chance' date=' i wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley. Kimbo Slice vs Brock Lesnar that would be a classic![/quote']

Lesnar would knock him out in a instant, just because Slice is strong and we've seen him bang some people out on youtube, doesn't mean he's going to be a beast playing UFC, theres so much more to the game than just attempting to knock your opponent out, if Slice goes into the Octagon and starts swinging his weight around Lesnar would just avoid him and spark him out in one shot.

silva looked brilliant last night, granted griffin made him look good and had the perfect fighting style for silva to expose.

i cant believe griffin was so nieve. i didnt like the way he was running to the ring, always a sign of nerves imo, trying to get away from the atmosphere of the crowd.

i think hendo will be a good fight and if he can build on the first round of last time he could give anderson problems. other than that theres gsp and machida. machida being friends with anderson i cannot see that happening.

dana white claims he makes the fights the fans wanna see so surely gsp v anderson shud be after hendo.

im not sure machida v anderson wud be a good fight. they both like to counter and fight off of the back foot.

He will get destroyed playing UFC.

he is a big brute nothin else aint he pal, he gets caught loads by the amateur fighters let alone a lethal UFC one. he got beat by some cop aswel.

he aint no fighter. ( although i wouldnt like to meet him in a ally lol ), i knew silva would get him.

he is a big brute nothin else aint he pal' date=' he gets caught loads by the amateur fighters let alone a lethal UFC one. he got beat by some cop aswel.

he aint no fighter. ( although i wouldnt like to meet him in a ally lol ), i knew silva would get him.[/quote']

If they trained him up and took him to a good camp, he could become a decent fighter but it would take a while to train him and age isn't really on his side.

Lesnar would knock him out in a instant' date=' just because Slice is strong and we've seen him bang some people out on youtube, doesn't mean he's going to be a beast playing UFC, theres so much more to the game than just attempting to knock your opponent out, if Slice goes into the Octagon and starts swinging his weight around Lesnar would just avoid him and spark him out in one shot.[/quote']

I think you are over rating Lesnar stand up. The guys a beast but he stand up is rubbish. Couture was handling him pretty well up until the second round who's stand up is rubbish.

He tried to stand up vs Frank Mir and almost paid for it before taking the fight to the ground.

I would love to see him fight Couture again.

Kimbo slice has the tools to be a good fighter but needs time in good camps.

Cant wait to see The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights :D Should be great viewing in the house lol

I think you are over rating Lesnar stand up. The guys a beast but he stand up is rubbish. Couture was handling him pretty well up until the second round who's stand up is rubbish.

He tried to stand up vs Frank Mir and almost paid for it before taking the fight to the ground.

I would love to see him fight Couture again.

Kimbo slice has the tools to be a good fighter but needs time in good camps.

Cant wait to see The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights :D Should be great viewing in the house lol

I'm not saying Lesnar is great standing up, but if Lesnar would face Kimbo Slice, and it was Slice's debut in the UFC, Lesnar i think would destroy him standing up, or even more, destroy him on the ground, Slice isn't exp'ed enough to fight someone like Lesnar in his first fight.

I'm not saying Lesnar is great standing up' date=' but if Lesnar would face Kimbo Slice, and it was Slice's debut in the UFC, Lesnar i think would destroy him standing up, or even more, destroy him on the ground, Slice isn't exp'ed enough to fight someone like Lesnar in his first fight.[/quote']

We soon see anyhow if he the real deal or interweb hype

I am currently watching UFC 102 and i have just finished watching the Hague v Duffe fight, what a knock-out by Duffe, a quick left jab which put Hague onto the floor and then a display of vicious G&P, it was a new WR for fastest UFC knockout. 0:07.

yeh was disapointed with maia' date=' he's better than 21 seconds with marquadt. thats the way the sport goes sometimes though.[/quote']

Was a lovely punch though, did you see the way he dropped?, he was out in that one bomb.