The Official UFC Thread

Louis

Re: UFC Official Thread

Nate's out of tonights main event with some tomato can stepping in to fight Story.

Nate cut from the UFC. So much speculation as to why, hopefully it comes out over the next few days.

Barry vs Kongo the new main event. Cannot see Kongo keeping it standing for long.

More than likely it will be Barry leg kick followed by a Kongo clinch followed by a kongo knee to the balls whilst holding Barrys shorts.

The fight will go to a decision with Kongo winning via lay n pray

Roids!!!!! joke

Can't stand him anyway but was looking forward to Story hurting him regardless win lose or draw.

Tonights card bar the main event is great alot of fighters i like on tonights card but they are mainly on the pre lims which are on facebook which is taking the pee.

Roids!!!!! joke

Can't stand him anyway but was looking forward to Story hurting him regardless win lose or draw.

Tonights card bar the main event is great alot of fighters i like on tonights card but they are mainly on the pre lims which are on facebook which is taking the pee.

Could it be roids though?

When roids are concerned the athlete normally gets suspended but cut completely from the ufc is quite a radical move.

HIV is being banded about as you are instantly dismissed if you have it but im guessing this is just internet speculation.

Might be but why would he be taking steroids if he's making a move to welterweight that goes right over my head. I suppose that could help with the weight cut but surely he wouldnt be that stupid he would have should have known he would have been caught if this is the case.

from wiki - The UFC at the UFC on Versus 4 weigh-in announced that Marquardt did not pass the required physical. Required physcial which could be? I don't know maybe it was he just couldn't make weight it could be that simple although I doubt this is what has happened.

Might be but why would he be taking steroids if he's making a move to welterweight that goes right over my head. I suppose that could help with the weight cut but surely he wouldnt be that stupid he would have should have known he would have been caught if this is the case.

from wiki - The UFC at the UFC on Versus 4 weigh-in announced that Marquardt did not pass the required physical. Required physcial which could be? I don't know maybe it was he just couldn't make weight it could be that simple although I doubt this is what has happened.

in his video blog he was already at 172.6 so not making weight isnt the reason. Plus you wouldnt have thought he'd be cut for not making weight.

I suppose we'll have to wait it out.

Out of Roids' date=' HIV and not being able to make weight, HIV seems the most likely reason but do they test for things like that?[/quote']

Just watched Dana's announcement of Nate being cut. The tone in which Dana talks pretty much confirms that Nate wasnt cut for HIV.

OMG what a main event. I was just watching the video again. Kongo has got a decent chin but at the end of the day Barry got caught slippin and was too eager.

true. He'll learn alot from this though.

You cant rush in against a fighter like Cheick Kongo no matter how rocked they are.

Im gutted for Pat though :( i feel he is the better fighter so this sucks.

So it was a failed drug test with Nate but why does that come under a failed physical medical? It's the same thing Chael got done for apparentley and Sonnen's ban just expired so it looks like they needed someone else to pick on.

Anyway got a interesting a e-mail from Strikeforce which is legit and goes like this -

Dear users,

We are struggeling to keep our forums and server running, we are in need of your kind donations!

For the donators we will have a private forum with many extra's!

for donating go to:

http://strikeforce.com/community/payments.php

And click for the 5 year donation payment.

We thank you for your help.

I initially thought it was BS and someone trying it on but come on this is embarrassing a company this size asking for donations to run their forum.

Strikeforce crew!

So it was a failed drug test with Nate but why does that come under a failed physical medical? It's the same thing Chael got done for apparentley and Sonnen's ban just expired so it looks like they needed someone else to pick on.

Anyway got a interesting a e-mail from Strikeforce which is legit and goes like this -

Dear users' date='

We are struggeling to keep our forums and server running, we are in need of your kind donations!

For the donators we will have a private forum with many extra's!

for donating go to:

[url']http://strikeforce.com/community/payments.php[/url]

And click for the 5 year donation payment.

We thank you for your help.

I initially thought it was BS and someone trying it on but come on this is embarrassing a company this size asking for donations to run their forum.

Strikeforce crew!

wont zuffa fund that now?

pretty good event last night. Some surprises I never expected Tito to win that. Shame to see Wanderli Silva carry on like this similar to Chuck. He should have retired while he was still on top, all the years of punishment have caught up with him now. Now a ***** like Leben is going to think he is better than Silva.

pretty good event last night. Some surprises I never expected Tito to win that. Shame to see Wanderli Silva carry on like this similar to Chuck. He should have retired while he was still on top' date=' all the years of punishment have caught up with him now. Now a ***** like Leben is going to think he is better than Silva.[/quote']

this is what annoys me and makes me laugh at the same time.

Leben is rightfully going to be happy but come on Leben, that Wanderlei you fought last night was a tomato can.

Leben wouldnt even deserve to be in the same octogon with a prime Silva.

Wandy, its been fantastic. hang them up now and enjoy your retirement.

Pretty good? It was AMAZING!

Got to be honest I thought Kim would have beat Condit but couldnt have been more wrong. I am glad Leben won one of my favourite fighters I guess Leben is a Wanderlei for people who didn't watch Pride such as myself.

I was surprised to see that Dos Anjos beat George and whats Tito doing winning I would have been glad to see him kicked from the Ufc can't stand the guy.

Again with the judges Wiman won that fight hopefully there is a rematch but I can't see it. I am also glad Cruz beat Faber he says Cruz is cocky what and he isnt?

Got to be honest I thought Kim would have beat Condit but couldnt have been more wrong. I am glad Leben won one of my favourite fighters I guess Leben is a Wanderlei for people who didn't watch Pride such as myself.

I was surprised to see that Dos Anjos beat George and whats Tito doing winning I would have been glad to see him kicked from the Ufc can't stand the guy.

Again with the judges Wiman won that fight hopefully there is a rematch but I can't see it. I am also glad Cruz beat Faber he says Cruz is cocky what and he isnt?

It was fantastic wasnt it. Couldnt be happier to see the lighter weight classes in the UFC. Lets face it WEC was far more entertaining than the UFC so I can only see the excitement factor rising with these guys.

I also had Kim via LnP but Condit did really well. Swept to get back to his feet and then knocked the guy out. He's really improved. Should have the title shot imo rather than bringing in some brain dead pothead from strikeforce.

I agree that Leben and Wandy are of the same mould but that is where the similarities end. Franklin, Leben, Bisping.

In Wandys prime these guys wouldnt even have made the final bell never mind winning the fight. Painful to watch. ALMOST as painful as watching Mirko getting folded over by Schaub.

I also thought Wiman had won that fight too, however it was a close one and definitely wasn't the worst decision ever made. I think the cut in round 2 made it look more in Wimans favour than it actually was. the first and thrid rounds could have gone either way so I don't expect much to be made of it.