Sign in to follow this  
Louis

The Official UFC Thread

Re: UFC Official Thread

Adamski, did you watch the 'Big Baby' Jones - Mike Wessel fight yet? Saw it on SpikeTV on Wednesday, won't comment on it if ya haven't seen it yet. :)

EDIT: Just thought I'd mention, even though this is a UFC thread, and this fighter did basically show Dana White 'the middle finger' after contract negotiations to sign him, Fedor, highly regarded as the best 'heavyweight' in MMA who chickened out on coming to the UFC, is set to make his Strikeforce debut this week on Nov 7th, against Brett Rogers. Fedor obviously the fave, but I hope he loses, if he does win, which is most likely, I hope he realises that he's taken the easy way out and that there is much more depth at the 'heavyweight' class in the UFC, joining Strikeforce was a pure kop out!

Yeah i watched it, he is so strong and his frame is mahoosive. Was suprised by how it was eneded, submission and all :eek: Was a massive mistake by Wessel to try and take him down, he just turned around and threw him down instead.

Im not that much of a fan of heavy weights unless they slog it out, but there cardio frustrates me, im a light heavy weight / middle weight kinda man B)

Don't know if you watch this or not but it's Amir Sadollah interviewing Marcus & Mike Wessels it's on every week after TuF.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=tuf10.home

I can't wait for the Mousasi fight as well nevermind Fedor v Rodgers. The first time I seen him was his last fight v Babalu and he dominated and finished him very quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dICQ36rX_LA

PS: Maybe change the name of the thread to MMA Official Thread?

Don't know if you watch this or not but it's Amir Sadollah interviewing Marcus & Mike Wessels it's on every week after TuF.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=tuf10.home

I can't wait for the Mousasi fight as well nevermind Fedor v Rodgers. The first time I seen him was his last fight v Babalu and he dominated and finished him very quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dICQ36rX_LA

PS: Maybe change the name of the thread to MMA Official Thread?

Yeah why not, not my section so i cant do it, but if someone PM'd dai i thin he can change it ! im not that fussed though, and cheers for the links

Yeah i watched it' date=' he is so strong and his frame is mahoosive. Was suprised by how it was eneded, submission and all :eek: Was a massive mistake by Wessel to try and take him down, he just turned around and threw him down instead.

Im not that much of a fan of heavy weights unless they slog it out, but there cardio frustrates me, im a light heavy weight / middle weight kinda man B)[/quote']

It was crazy, I too was also expecting a 'fists of fury' type fight, looked like it was going that way and Wessel then screwed himself going for the takedown, I think I underestimated Big Baby's weapons in this one, no way did i think he could pull out a submission, thought he was gonna go for pure, 'ground 'n' pound' when he had Wessel down. Btw i agree about the 'Heavyweight' div, its not the strongest and well that Mitrione - Junk fight was horrible, i dunno why Dana thought it was such a good fight, big deal they both came out swinging in like the first 3 mins, then they where just gassed, probs one of the worst MMA fights I've ever seen, I think some fighters overlook stamina needed, conditioning, would rather work on attacking styles, strength. I'm more into the Middleweight & Welterweight divisions. GSP! GSP! GSP! :D

I liked how in the previews of whats to come that they show once again the 'possible' return of Kimbo. I'd like to see him come back, just cos his first fight was ... well quite embarrassing that Nelson just sat on him with his big new delhi and pounded his head in, would also maybe show any growth gained, don't think it'll happen though, UFC is just trying to keep the audience grasped.

I'm looking forward to the Fedor fight' date=' Rogers in the underdog, but dude, like seriously how bad would it be for Strikeforce promo's to see their new franchise fighter, regarded as the best Heavyweight fighter in MMA go down in his first fight, obviously I can't see that happening, but all you need is one lucky punch, maybe like a Shonie Carter desperation spinning back-fist. ;) The fight is FREE for those in North America or people with CBS, it's a pay-per-view, but i guess when you've got Fedor signed, in his first fight, this is the time to push your product, especially when imo Strikeforce aren't as big as the UFC by MILES. I hope Strikeforce look at what the UFC did to Pride, and realise at this point the UFC is very much like a monopoly with it's coverage, popularity and tv deals, they went up against a dominant Pride brand, and crushed it into smithereens. Strikeforce BEWARE! :P[/font']

Anderson Silva :D

Always a pleasure to watch' date=' also a fan of Evans, Macheda is a great fighter so he is interesting too. GSP is a absoloute ledge :D!

I reckon Kimbo will fight tbh . . .[/quote']

Awww yeah dude, Anderson Silva is a pure BEAST! His clinch is deadly. I can't still forget what he did to Rich Franklin, his nose..... Silva's kneeee = OWNAGE! :D That was such a gnarly blow.

franklin-broken-nose.jpg

I'd probs say my fave MMA fighters to watch would be; GSP, Anderson Silva, Keith Jardine, Andrei Arlovski (last I heard he was thinking of going into pro-boxing now. :confused:), Diego Sanchez! (probs my fave out of them all). As for Bisping... i dunno, i liked him during the TUF season, but when he came into the UFC, especially after he fought with Matt Hammil, I liked him considerably less, imo a match he should have lost.

after the TUF he fought henderson didnt he ? and got dominated, was a master class by Henderson, he was ruthless.

I like BJ Penn too, and obviously everyone loves randy couture ! the crop cop is pretty awesome aswel, kicks that would kill :eek:

I really really like UFC, everything about it, i think its only going to get bigger and bigger aswel.

after the TUF he fought henderson didnt he ? and got dominated' date=' was a master class by Henderson, he was ruthless.

I like BJ Penn too, and obviously everyone loves randy couture ! the crop cop is pretty awesome aswel, kicks that would kill :eek:

I really really like UFC, everything about it, i think its only going to get bigger and bigger aswel.[/quote']

Yeah, Bisping got rocked by Henderson's fist, didn't Bisping also fight Rashad Evans? Where they both had undefeated records, Rashad won.

Hmm.. my opinion on BJ is great MMA fighter no doubt, a master in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but sometimes when you get drawn into personalities of certain fighters, that's where I lost the plot with him and was glad to see GSP toy him aside easily, despite all that controversy after with the slippery grease substance GSP had on, regardless he won out.

As for Couture, a very like-able guy, a legend in the sport, same could be said for Chuck Liddel and Ken Shamrock and his 'Lions Den', although I'm sure there would be much debate that Shamrock and 'like-able' don't go hand-in-hand, I found his feud with Tito hilarious, especially when they did the TUF season. Speaking of Tito what do you think of him coming back? I know Dana and him have had problems, especially with Tito's cocky, arrogant side, but they seemed to have hashed things out, he's gonna fight Forrest Griffin, should be a goodun.

I dont like Tito, and the only time iv watched him he has been outclassed :D

If he does come back i have a feeling Forest Griffin will do very bad things to him, Chuck Liddel is a crazy mofo, a good ambassador for the sport. I was actually watching some of his greatest knockouts today, i cant remember if evans and bisping fought, it annoyed me when Henderson won, not because i dont like him, but because Bisping was constantly talking about wiping the floor with him and got dominated

I dont like Tito' date=' and the only time iv watched him he has been outclassed :D

If he does come back i have a feeling Forest Griffin will do very bad things to him, Chuck Liddel is a crazy mofo, a good ambassador for the sport. I was actually watching some of his greatest knockouts today, i cant remember if evans and bisping fought, it annoyed me when Henderson won, not because i dont like him, but because Bisping was constantly talking about wiping the floor with him and got dominated[/quote']

Yep 100% Ortiz is back, that's around the time Dana White was trying to sign Fedor too, who then blew him off for Strikeforce. They had some press-conference unveiling Tito and also the return of Vitor Belfort. I don't like Tito either I think he's super annoying, but i think that was back in his 'bad boy, I'm the main man' days which have passed, he seems to be alot more tolerable now. Ortiz won his last bout against Griffin at UFC 59, in a great match, by split-decision, i think he'll be able to do it again, but here's hoping for a KO or submission. :) Also he looks in great shape, and his conditioning has always been superb, strength on the other hand has been his biggest let down, in his last few fights in the UFC he was taken down so easily.

UFC® 106 ORTIZ vs GRIFFIN 2

Date Time: Nov-21-2009 - 10pm ET / 3am UK

WOW. Good main event by Strikeforce. Brett Rogers really gave Fedor a fight, and could've had it in the first round almost. He had Fedor bleeding like crazy in like the first 20secs of the fight in the 1st round, landing a jab right on Fedor's nose, then later Rogers got some 'ground n pound' going after reversing Fedor's attempt at a submission, looked like he rocked Fedor a couple of times too, but his chin held strong, 1st round defo went to Rogers. 2nd round the hype ended though, outta nowhere Fedor flat-out rocked Rogers with his right hand probs about 1mins 30secs into the round, connecting with Rogers chin, sending him down for the KO, where McCarthy stepped in. Fedor wins in 2 rounds, via KO. Gotta say even though many predicted him to win, including me, I underestimated Rogers, at moments he had Fedor down like a ragdoll, but just as this sport has proven, all you need is one punch, something Fedor has mastered, KO'd him, BEAST! Would love to see him fight with a some of the UFC heavyweights, but won't be happening unless they can work something out with Strikeforce, which would be near impossible

:DWoW Just watched it what a fight I don't know about a rematch though despite Rogers taking it to him and messing him up I really just can't see anything but the same thing happenning again a Fedor KO. I want Fedor v Brock so much more now THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN it HAS TO HAPPEN.

:DWoW Just watched it what a fight I don't know about a rematch though despite Rogers taking it to him and messing him up I really just can't see anything but the same thing happenning again a Fedor KO. I want Fedor v Brock so much more now THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN it HAS TO HAPPEN.

Yeah dude' date=' it was a good bout, I thought Rogers really had Fedor, especially when he had him on the ground and got those multiple bombs right at Fedor's head, his chin is just too strong for him to be rocked.

As for a Lesnar-Fedor fight, would love to see it happen, but Dana White is SOOO ****** already that Fedor blew the UFC off for Strikeforce, on top of that Strikeforce and the UFC have some bad blood, only way I see it happening is if Lesnar leaves the UFC, which would be highly unlikely, can't see Fedor leaving Strikeforce so soon, nor a falling out happening, can't see SpikeTV, and CBS if they do sign Strikeforce on permanently, coming to a deal over TV rights to the fight, even thought it'll be a PPV if it happens. So much has to go down for that fight to happen, maybe they could do a UFC VS Strikeforce PPV, but I wouldn't hold my breath. :( [/font']

Was just reading on the net about the TV ratings from Strikeforce compared to the UFC, rather than just copy and past I'll summarize it.

The Strikeforce FREE PPV shown on CBS, featuring the debut of Fedor, regarded not only as the best fighter in the world in the 'heavyweight' division, but also as the best MMA fighter ever by some, pulled in an average viewership of 3.79million. Not bad for there first show on CBS....

....however!.. take a look at this right, so the Fedor PPV averaged 3.79mill viewers okay, but the TUF episode on SpikeTV with Kimbo Slice fighting averaged ... 4.8 million viewers! That stunned me. I know there is this whole sensation to do with Kimbo, obviously he was the biggest build up heading into the TUF season with all the hype about him, but dude, a FREE PPV, featuring Fedor, a fighter regarded as if not thee best MMA fighter ever, one of thee best, out-rated by a Kimbo Slice TUF episode, where Roy Nelson stuck his rather oversize new delhi on Kimbo and banged on his head.. wow. I think that shows that Strikeforce has some ways to go if it want's to go out-right and take on the UFC, which is without the dominant brand in MMA. I mean it's not like Strikeforce is a noob organization, they've been around for years.. but they'll have to do a helluva lot of promo and bang down a solid TV rights deal to challenge the UFC, being on the 'Fight Network' isn't good enough, especially in North America, where it's a channel you have to be subscribed to, pay-extra, where as SpikeTV is available on nearly all basic packages I believe. :)

Im not that keen on strikeforce, why watch something thats not as good as something else out there on TV.

I dont think the TUF got more views because Kimbo was fighting , it may of been a factor but this really is great viewing, and if there is a street fighter we have all heard of, ofcourse people are going to watch it. :-)

UFC Rules the MMA world

WATCH THIS SPACE - Dan Henderson is close to signing with Strikeforce after contract disputes with the UFC, he's currently a free-agent so it free game for all. :)

Also TUF tonight. :D The return of Kimbo? I'd sure hope so. B) Just commenting so far on this season of TUF, i defo think it's not one of the stronger seasons, the fights at most have been lackluster, seasons like when Franklin, Hughes where coaches, where Rashad won, the season where Matt Serra won, Ortiz-Shamrock, etc... I found the fights throughout to be much more rounded, enjoyable, but maybe this season because it's highlighting 'The Heavyweights' which has always been the UFC's weakest division and it shows. That's the only division where I think Strikeforce has the advantage over the UFC, is at the heavyweight class. The Big Baby fight was probably my fave so far from this season, as he came out and pulled that unsuspected armbar, also the Mitrone-Junk fight, but only the first 3 minutes as they both went at each other standing up, dropping bombs, then where both completely gassed thereafter which dude just straight up brought the fight down to a drag. Here's to hoping much better fights are to come. ;) If Kimbo comes back and wins... I will LMAO!

I think this season was always going to be boring to be honest , i mean heavy weights, its not the most electrifying of weight classes even at the top end of the UFC let alone people trying to break in the UFC with less technical skills.

Ill watch tonight, and i hope Kimbo loses, think he is a jack ( insert choice word )

I think this season was always going to be boring to be honest ' date=' i mean heavy weights, its not the most electrifying of weight classes even at the top end of the UFC let alone people trying to break in the UFC with less technical skills.

Ill watch tonight, and i hope Kimbo loses, think he is a jack ( insert choice word )[/quote']

You mentioned something about links a couple of weeks ago lol, yer I'm just catching up from then :P

You mentioned something about links a couple of weeks ago lol' date=' yer I'm just catching up from then :P[/quote']

You want some links for some of the more exciting fighters ?

Tis worth a watch pal ! even if its not as exciting as some of the fights iv seen :)

Right well here is it for any of you that didn't get to see it last week, the greatest 'HEAVYWEIGHT' in all of MMA in my opinion, a much debated subject as many feel, including myself abit, that Fedor avoided some of his toughest challenges by avoiding going to the UFC, taking the easier road at Strikeforce, making his Strikeforce debut, with 31 WINS - 1 LOSS, 'The Last Emperor', Fedor Emelianenko VS Brett Rogers. In all a good bout, enjoy!