The Official UFC Thread

Louis

Re: UFC Official Thread

All Sonnen has done is hype the fight' date=' never really saying anything thats jaw dropping in terms of offense.

On the other hand Anderson Silva has acted in an unprofessional, thuggish manner.

Heres my problem.

Ive been a fan of this sport for years, I watch it, train it and talk about it alot.

UFC is the flagship show, Anderson Silva is the greatest fighter on this flagship show.

For years the mma community have been trying to justify this sport as just that, a sport and with major help from the UFC i believe misconceptions are beginning to change.

Then the weigh ins last night. The biggest fight of the summer, the greatest fighter in UFC history against his greatest adversary and he does that?

You NEVER strike an opponent when you arent actually fighting, Paul Daley got fired!

So disappointed in Anderson Silva and I really hope Chael P. Sonnen takes the belt away from him.[/quote']

To be fair, it was a bad move from Silva but a lot of the time he is a sound guy and it was most likely because of all the insults Sonnen threw at him, mostly insulting his nation Brazil, thats not just one fighter he is insulting either. Silva hasnt been a bad guy when it comes to weigh ins and interviews in the past. It was a bad move but all I am saying is there is obviously a reason why. Hyping the fight is understandable if done in the right way, disrespecting a nation is another thing. Sonnen as far as im concerned is a disrespectful guy, he also hypes the fight by going personal.

To be fair' date=' it was a bad move from Silva but a lot of the time he is a sound guy and it was most likely because of all the insults Sonnen threw at him, mostly insulting his nation Brazil, thats not just one fighter he is insulting either. Silva hasnt been a bad guy when it comes to weigh ins and interviews in the past. It was a bad move but all I am saying is there is obviously a reason why. Hyping the fight is understandable if done in the right way, disrespecting a nation is another thing. Sonnen as far as im concerned is a disrespectful guy, he also hypes the fight by going personal.[/quote']

This isnt the first time Silva has gone way over the line, in Abu Dhabi he racially abused Damien Maia during their fight.

He is a disrespectful fighter imo, hiding behind a nice guy persona. A little like Jon Jones.

I believe Chael Sonnen is a nice guy away from the camera.

It took Dana 3 hours to persuade Silva to rematch Chael, I think Chael has all the momentum.

I cannot wait.

This isnt the first time Silva has gone way over the line' date=' in Abu Dhabi he racially abused Damien Maia during their fight.

He is a disrespectful fighter imo, hiding behind a nice guy persona. A little like Jon Jones.

I believe Chael Sonnen is a nice guy away from the camera.

It took Dana 3 hours to persuade Silva to rematch Chael, I think Chael has all the momentum.

I cannot wait.[/quote']

He really said something racist? I didnt really read up on that, but cant really say anything about it if he did other than of course he shouldnt have done it. Ive never really liked Sonnen, but cant deny that he is an entertaining guy though. I respect Silva as a fighter. Putting all the things theyve done wrong aside, it should be a good fight. Whoever wins, I think it will open up the MW division a bit more but only if Silva retires after the fight.

Can you imagine Sonnen catching him in a triangle no me either but i'd pmsl same goes if Silva tapped him again by triangle. I personally dont like either fighter and dont care who wins but for all what has happened it better be a amazing fight or epic finish.

Where do you train I have been thinking of it but i'd need to travel really far and thats the only thing putting me off. I cant imagine anything better than stepping into a cage and scrapping.

hmm, abit of an anti climax.

I don't really know what to make of it.

The first round went as I suspected the fight as a whole would go, Sonnen controlling the action and Silva attempting but failing with attacks from the bottom.

Second round Chael had difficulty getting Silva down, what he needed to do was bring him to the centre of the ring and mix his striking and takedowns a little better, tbh he normally mixes it up really well.

He couldn't get Silva down due to not mixing it up and maybe panicked into throwing a ridiculous spinning back fist. Before this time though it seemed like Sonnen had almost gassed a little.

I'll have to watch it again but he looked as if he was flailing around more than a fighter would if he were not gassed.

Silva jumped in with a knee which could easily have been judged as a knee to a downed opponent and finished the fight.

The difference for me is killer instinct.

At no point in the fight was Silva in control however the split second he got he finished the fight.

Sonnen on the other hand spent a full minute in mount without trying to punch Silvas face through the octagon.

Im really disappointed as just before the fight begun my fears about Silvas character was confirmed with him attempting to CHEAT by GREASING his body with vaseline.

Im sorry and I respect Silva and GSP as fighters but when it comes to the antics they get up too, they disgust me. Both greased against their biggest adversarys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

thought it was a pretty hard call in the henderson fight as statistically henderson edged it but actually watching the fight you wouldn't of thought so as edgar did look like the more dominant fighter, all of gotta say mainly about last nights card was the marvin gullard fight, one of most vicious knockouts i've seen for a while, after the head kick he looked about 85% already knocked out, but that finishing punch was just lethal :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

True, stats don't tell the story of the fight at all. At best it was 3 rounds to 2 for Edgar and at worst (for bendo) it was 4-1 Edgar.

Aldo vs Edgar at UFC 153. I'm classing this as a superfight. The best lightweight in the world vs the best featherweight. I think Frankie is likely to outwork Aldo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...