The Official UFC Thread

Re: UFC Official Thread

Fine mate never saw the Pettis fight but he is the better fighter of the two even if Bendo is my favorite fighter. JDS vs Cain don't don't care about that yet still beaming with Silva losing and looking forward to Jones getting his ass kicked.:D

Against Gus? Will be a good fight while it lasts. I think Gus will get the better of the standup but Jones is to well rounded and will end up getting the submission. Glover has got a good chance though :D.

I was happy Silva lost too, hate it when he start hot-dogging in the middle of the cage.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: UFC Official Thread Don't Spoil I haven't seen it yet atleast wait untill the day after I have seen it which is always Friday.

Re: UFC Official Thread Well just seen her pics (Arianny) can send them to you if you want a gander but I still stand by my previous post that Rachel Leah is perfect.

Re: UFC Official Thread I thought a draw was right. BJ gassed in the third and as a result, did not get the W. Fair play. Got the sunday off for Shogun vs Jones. COME ON! Was happy with a victor

Posted Images

just finished watching tonights card, some real good fights,

jones = gus was epic

but totally disgusted at how the "judges" somehow gave jones the win

i'm a real big fan of jones so no bashing going on here in the slightest but gus beat him all hands down,

there wasn't one area that jones was better than gus and somehow he gets the win, really disappointed with the ufc at the moment as it does seem that they just gave it to jones because of his nationality you could even see it in jones and the ref's face how shocked they were that the fight got called the way it did

just finished watching tonights card' date=' some real good fights,

jones = gus was epic

but totally disgusted at how the "judges" somehow gave jones the win

i'm a real big fan of jones so no bashing going on here in the slightest but gus beat him all hands down,

there wasn't one area that jones was better than gus and somehow he gets the win, really disappointed with the ufc at the moment as it does seem that they just gave it to jones because of his nationality you could even see it in jones and the ref's face how shocked they were that the fight got called the way it did

[/font']

Very close fight i think jones rocking gus gave him the fight unfortunately but id have gave it to gustaffson personally.

wth is with the tiny writing ?

Very close fight i think jones rocking gus gave him the fight unfortunately but id have gave it to gustaffson personally.

wth is with the tiny writing ?

My sentiments entirely.

It was a close fight with the rounds being very close. Whilst I thought Alex won, it certainly wasn't a robbery and wouldn't have been had either man won. It's what you prefer as a judge in very close rounds.

Still a great fight and we finally get to see Jones in a fight. It played out much as I expected with Alex getting the better of the standup but he lasted longer than I expected.

Credit to them both.

• 4 weeks later...

Cain Velasquez is the greatest heavyweight of all time. Ive said this for years, Germ will back me up. ;)

Anything can happen in MMA but who can really compete with Cain? Werdum will be knocked out within 3 rounds and is a farely straight forward fight for Cain unless he takes it to the mat.

Cormier would be a more interesting matchup but they have a tutor/mentor relationship and besides, cain would eat him.

Maybe a superfight down the line with Jones?

Cain Velasquez is the greatest heavyweight of all time. Ive said this for years' date=' Germ will back me up. ;)

Anything can happen in MMA but who can really compete with Cain? Werdum will be knocked out within 3 rounds and is a farely straight forward fight for Cain unless he takes it to the mat.

Cormier would be a more interesting matchup but they have a tutor/mentor relationship and besides, cain would eat him.

Maybe a superfight down the line with Jones?[/quote']

can't see anyone taking the belt off of him for a while now, thought jds stood an outside chance becuase of what went on in the last two fights(inside and outside the cage) but at the moment there's just no one who can keep up with his pace, cormier is dropping down to the 205 weight class for his next fight(atleast thats what he said after the roy nelson fight) he's actually going after jones, something about that he feels jones disrespected him in some interview he gave a while ago, personally think at the moment jones is above cormier by quite a bit but might not be the same story a year or so down the line, the main event was a cracking fight, but gotta say the gilbert melendez vs diego sanchez fight stole the show for me, plus the womens bout weren't to bad either, definetley progressing from the standard that was shown in the first few ufc shows

Right now there is no one at heavyweight who can take him. I once thought Overeem would do the job but he's dropped off completely in recent times.

Anything can happen in MMA and all it takes is one submission attempt from Werdum but i just cannot see him beating Cain either.

I honestly think if Jones stepped up, he might beat Jones as well. No one can seem to live with his cardio and pace that he pushes, and we all saw Jones flagging against Gustafsson. When Jones is up against the bigger man who will likely push him around, he'll be flagging even more in those championship rounds.

Cornier is too small, hence the fact he's stepping down. He's too flabby at heavyweight.

If JDS and Cain just keep fighting then yes, eventually JDS will catch him and knock him out like the first fight.

Overeem would give him a problem with his size, weight and striking but i just don't think right now he could keep up with Cain for five rounds. Anyone who's going to beat Cain HAS to knock him out.

An overeem fight would look worse than the JDS fight.

JDS actually moves his head instead of just blocking. That's gonna work even less with Cain.

JDS also has better cardio than Overeem who is blowing like an old goat by the third round regardless of how tough the fight has been.

There is also the issue of Overeems chin being horrendous along with his heart.

Basically, Overeem would have two to three minutes to knock cain out before his career gets ended.

Basically' date=' Overeem would have two to three minutes to knock cain out before his career gets ended.[/quote']

Give or take 5 minutes, that is generally the way Cain's fights are going to go now.

No one can keep up with him for five rounds so you have to be able to take him out early. Even huge punchers like JDS just don't have the power behind their punches after going 4 or 5 rounds with Cain.

• 2 months later...

Anyone pumped for this weekend?

Can't see Ronda lose. That Judo.

Not too sure which way the main event will go. Looking forward to it.

I think Anderson will win comfortably. He was in control easily in the first fight but just took his eyes off the game and got caught. He won't make that mistake again.

I think Ronda will win as well. She's too good.

I cannot wait though. :)

Got the potential to be the best card ever this' date=' can't wait.

Hoping for Tate, Barnett, Miller, Poirier and don't really care who wins in the main event.

[b']Will be interesting to see Uriah Hall in the prelims as well[/b].

Against Leben that's going to be a awesome fight im pi ssed off thought tonight was saturday lol

Lol rogan is funny. Both tate and rousey are hot! Anyway got silva and rousey to win but do i drop £20 on it? Decisions decisions.

Rousey yes. Think Weidman will win again though. Poirier looks a good bet' date=' Brandao missed weight by about 8 pounds and was apparently in quite a bad car crash a few weeks ago.

Link to the weigh-in:

[YOUTUBE']vODCySYFaUU[/YOUTUBE]

Joe Rogan' date=' what a guy.

[img']http://i.minus.com/i35d7zDRQCmIc.gif[/img]

That's brilliant. Rousey looks a lot hotter there than I've seen her before!

In terms of the fight, i just cannot see anything other than a Silva win. Lets not forget how on top he was until he got caught. I have a feeling Silva will take him out early. He'll put the showboating behind him and come out bigger and badder than before.

That's brilliant. Rousey looks a lot hotter there than I've seen her before!

In terms of the fight' date=' i just cannot see anything other than a Silva win. Lets not forget how on top he was until he got caught. I have a feeling Silva will take him out early. He'll put the showboating behind him and come out bigger and badder than before.[/quote']

Tate's better though :)

And I'm not sure tbh. I think Weidman will use his wrestling a lot more tonight. He's already proved he's not scared to stand and bang with Silva, even though he was getting slightly embarrassed. It's weird I am really not bothered who wins. Probably leaning slightly towards Weidman.

Tate's better though :)

And I'm not sure tbh. I think Weidman will use his wrestling a lot more tonight. He's already proved he's not scared to stand and bang with Silva' date=' even though he was getting slightly embarrassed. It's weird I am really not bothered who wins. Probably leaning slightly towards Weidman.[/quote']

Yeah, she's amazing also. Can you imagine what the UFC end of year parties must be like with all the testosterone going round and then you throw the womens division and the ring girls into it?

I'm backing Silva. I got into the UFC mainly because of watching the incredible things Anderson could do (the same way Mayweather inspired me in boxing) and i'd hate to see him go out on two losses. Weidman is certainly not scared to bang with Silva as he proved but i just think Silva won't be as careless as last time.