Sign in to follow this  
Louis

The Official UFC Thread

Re: UFC Official Thread

Chanting Fedor Fedor and saying at the weigh-ins to Rogers your gonna get knocked out then as soon as Rogers starts to take it to him its USA USA. (Idiots :P)

Yeah I noticed that all throughout the build-up everyone was feeling the Fedor hype' date=' then all of a sudden come fight night, start booing him, and chanting USA as you said, jeeez, make yer minds up already init. :rolleyes: Anyhow I guess Fedor shut em up all the same when he landed that right hand bomb, which dude.. made such a loud bang noise... then they started cheering for him again. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh did you also see Jason Miller's entrance in his fight? WTH! lol He's always got these extravagant kind of entrances, I would've expected nothing less. :D

[YOUTUBE'][/YOUTUBE]

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS WEEK's TUF! ;)

SO... once again the last TUF 'preview of the next episode' shows the possible return of Kimbo, behold though yesterday's TUF episode had nothing to do with Kimbo, and again at the end of this episode in the previews of next week, showing Kimbo... again, if Mitrione pulls out. :rolleyes:

Anyhow onto y'days episode of the TUF fight, Justin Wren vs 'Big Country' Roy Nelson, one where you could tell both fighters would go at each others stand-up game, ended in abit of a controversial decision as many thought it should've gone to a final, 3rd round. Wren was the one who started off the strongest landing some mean hooks, jabs, with force, even at one point looking like he had Nelson rocked, despite this I think it was still questionable to say Wren one the first round, the downside you could see was Wren was completely gassed after. 2nd round was all Nelson, he controlled the tempo, always being in the center of the cage, making Wren pace around him, and dude Wren was so gassed he even had problems just keeping his hands up, his stamina was floored, basically it was easy pickings for Nelson, he landed so many shots, not many with power, but accuracy, just combo after combo, even getting kicks in too. This is where the 'controversy' begins, nearly all the fighters think this it's going to a 3rd, final round, but there is a decision, then as Rashad put it, saying somehting like "they're saying their is a decision, so looks like somebody's getting screwed", winner of the fight, 'Big Country' Roy Nelson by majority decision.

Right I thought about it, and imo I think the judges where right in that there should have been no third round. Nelson hands-down had the second round won, no question to it at all, the first round though, I mean sure Wren landed some wicked shots, with alot more force, power than Nelson ever did throughout the duration of the fight, BUT while Wren got those shots in, Nelson still managed to get knees in, especially when he had Wren in the clinch against the cage, he landed multiple kicks, even got some jabs in too, on top of that out of both fighters Wren looked completely wrecked in stamina, he was just done after the first, maybe that weighed into the judges mind? I dunno. I do know that it could've gone either way, but justifiably I can see why there was no 3rd round, also Dana White said it best, even if there was a 3rd, Wren looked like he wouldn't be able to fight it as he was so SPENT!

Overall an average fight at best, quite boring, which I'd expect everytime Roy Nelson's fights, Wren was the more explosive of the two, Nelson... more-laid back, very much like in the Kimbo fight, and if i'm Dana White, I'm praying Nelson doesn't win the whole gig, otherwise the UFC fans could be in for some more boring heavyweight fights and perhaps some Roy Nelson wins, via BELLY SUFFOCATION, like against Kimbo. :rolleyes::D

I dunno if this has been mentioned (as I cba check back what has been posted)

But Brock Lesnar is in a serious condition and it is very likely that they will have to have a new interim Heavyweight champion.

The offical cause of Lesnars condition has been kept private after it was offically suggested he had the flu, then Mono and there was rumours of Cancer or Aids. But Dana white said in a press conference it wasnt any of these and while he was diagnosed with Mono it was something else much more serious keeping him out.

I think this is sad for Lesnar and the sport, because even though I dindt rate him at first he has improved tonnes and in my view he was now unstoppable, he also attracted millions more fans to UFC because of his name.

It would be good for him to recover and come and smash whoever holds his belt at the time.

Im going to watch the latest TUF tonight, and will post my opinion on it later

Regarding Brock Lesnar, as sad as it is for anyone to become seriosly ill, i really dont like him in the UFC, i just think he could offer so much more in entertainment but he doesnt, i dont like his attitude and i never wanted him to win the belt.

I dont pay to much attention to the heavy weight fights, i do watch them but they are not the best for entertainment or technical ability.

I agree, and when he came into the sport from WWE i said "he may be big but he has no skills and someoen will submit him easy" and they did.

But since then he has developed into a better fighter and while he still doesnt have any submission skils and simply takes down and then ground and pounds, he has worked on how to be technically better and look at the faces of Randy Couture and Frank Mir after he had beat them. They were mashed up.

I dont much like heavyweight fights either because there wasn't any good heavyweights. This has changed really with Brock Lesnar coming and there is some good fighters in that weightclass now.

Anyone watch WEC well if you do you already know but if not then you definetely should and if the last two are anything to go by then you really won't be disappointed.

As for UFC 105 despite getting rocked early on Bisping looked great and Hardy now set to fight GSP not like he will win but if he does :D

TUF winner Pearson looked great Wilks not so great but was really surprised that Matt Brown escaped that Kimura attempt.

Andre Winner's KO was so sweet.

As for the Co-Main Event my thoughts :D:(:eek::confused::mad: in that order

Thiago Silva V Rashad @ 108 oh yes and it looks a good card and Paul Daley fights again after his very impressive debut destruction of Martin Kampmann.

As for Saturday's 106 I was looking at the card just now and Antônio Rogério Nogueira the twin brother of Minotauro Nogueira is making his debut in the UFC. I never even knew he had a brother nevermind twin brother :o

Seems Sm finally got some decent ads with the MMA CLOTHING thing :)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how impressed by Bisping I was. The second round he looked like a man possessed, his take downs were top class and it reminded me of St Pierre in some of his fights.

As for Randy beating Vera. I think the decision was right really. It was a close fight but I was saying Randy edged every round 10-9 too. While 30-27 looks like a dominate win it was simply because Randy controlled more of the fight every round.

Wasn't too impressed by Hardy. If I was him I would wait a little longer before he fights St Pierre. he is improving fast but isnt that level yet.

Brock Lesnar's Mystery Ailment Revealed to Be Intestinal Infection

by Mike Fagan at bloodyelbow

The speculation can come to an end. According to Sherdog, Lesnar's infamous illness is a bacterial infection of his intestinal tract. From the story:

Brock Lesnar is being treated in an unidentified hospital for a bacterial infection in his intestinal tract, UFC President Dana White told the Associated Press on Monday.

"He's in stable condition and should be released soon," said White.

When asked if Lesnar would fight again, White told the Associated press that, “It depends on how serious this is.”

Cursory research provides the following. Bacterial gastroenteritis generally improves with replacement of fluids within a week, though "rare cases of kidney failure or death" have been reported. The infection can be caused by E. Coli, but Medicenet.com states "Enterocolitis caused by the bacterium Clostridium difficile is unusual because it often is caused by antibiotic treatment...Unfortunately, infection also is increasing among individuals who have neither taken antibiotics or been in the hospital."

Antibiotic's are not used to treat mono on its own, but if Lesnar had another illness like strep throat, he would have been prescribed them.

Hope he takes a good while off and gets into some serious fighting shape (loses the titties). This would give us a new heavyweight title fight where the result isnt obvious and then give time for the champion to establish himself for Lesnar to come back and destroy him :D.

UFC 106 tomorrow night, should be good. I know there is no real amazing fights on the card but most of the time I find these ones are the best (similar to UFC 102)

I reckon Tito will want to make a statement and roll over Griffen in 2 rounds.

Also for any betting fans, put some money on Jason Dent. For some reason Soperlopodus (remember the greek guy from the TUF on Matt Serra's team I think who chose to train at home) is odds on to win at 1/5 while he is by no means that great. Dent is a average fighter too but his odds are long and he could easily win.

Karo Parisyan is out of tomorrows 106 and not just that he's been told he'll never fight in the UFC again by Dana White.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Update-Licensed-Parisyan-Out-of-UFC-106-21058

Meh' date=' Parisyan is tosh anyways, for a while now he's just been used to fit lower cards on the bill, his career wasn't progressing in the least bit.

As for TUF this week, saw it on Wednesday, nothing in the least bit impressive by my eyes on the MMA front, although the volleyball match was ... err.... interesting? :rolleyes::o Next week they got a 2-hour episode lined up for TUF. [/font']

Just watched last weeks UFC heavyweights as I was a little busy and think it was a little boring, the vollyball game was an anti climax after i read on ufc.com forums that they had a big fight.. I must have blinked for it i guess.

I cannot wait to see next weeks though.. After it showed a clip of Big baby Jones starting MeatHead Mitrione. I feel sorry for the guy as if Marcus Jones wants to hurt you he is gonna hurt you, but also I cannot wait to see it :D

Ah man, i come home eargerly wanting to see Marcus fight Mitrione and see what reason he went insane only for the episode i recorded titled The Ultimate Final: Heavyweights to be an old UFC main even where Randy fought Noguera...

What went on?

ok.. thanks for being so helpful.

My reply wasn't exactly directed to your post it was just my own excitement that I would possibly get to see it today. TUF is a double episode this coming week and wasn't shown on TV that week because of Thanks Giving in the America.

did you watch it then?

I e-mailed five about it just asking how come they aired the Randy Couture replay and not the Heavyweigths episode that was listed and they replied

"we do not answer questions that are covered by our FAQs"

So i checked them, and there isnt even a single word relating to anything I asked.

So i e-mailed them again asking could they just tell me if the episode was cancelled or will it be on next week and they sent the same automated response again.

This is my only problem with UFC, they cannot get it right with regard to UK fans. They first sell the rights to Bravo which randomly put episodes on at 2am some days and 3am other days, then Setanta which was good until it went bust. Now ESPN and Five which are worse than Bravo, things are repeated sometimes for 2 weeks then listed but is actually NFL or baseball.

In my opinion Skysports would help make the UFC the biggest sport worldwide but they would then put the events on box office, which I would have no problem with as long as there is a steady and stable source to watch UFC.

did you watch it then?

I e-mailed five about it just asking how come they aired the Randy Couture replay and not the Heavyweigths episode that was listed and they replied

"we do not answer questions that are covered by our FAQs"

So i checked them' date=' and there isnt even a single word relating to anything I asked.

So i e-mailed them again asking could they just tell me if the episode was cancelled or will it be on next week and they sent the same automated response again.

This is my only problem with UFC, they cannot get it right with regard to UK fans. They first sell the rights to Bravo which randomly put episodes on at 2am some days and 3am other days, then Setanta which was good until it went bust. Now ESPN and Five which are worse than Bravo, things are repeated sometimes for 2 weeks then listed but is actually NFL or baseball.

In my opinion Skysports would help make the UFC the biggest sport worldwide but they would then put the events on box office, which I would have no problem with as long as there is a steady and stable source to watch UFC.[/quote']

I can't knock ESPN except with the UFC all access being repeated to much but I think they do a good job. They sorted the ads to minimal - none

and they show old TUF on ESPN classic. As for me seeing it yesterday it never turned up but the next episode (11) turned up and I am watching it now.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: <<<<---- You'll see soon enough what I mean by that. :D

Scratch that both fights were on it and now my picks to win it fight eachother in the semis. <- could sorta give it away.

Yeah I think ESPN isnt that bad for events, but I just don't like how it replayes the same things over and over (like the all access) and then the same UFC unleashed episodes.

Im gonna have to find it online and see the episodes too I guess

Yeah I think ESPN isnt that bad for events' date=' but I just don't like how it replayes the same things over and over (like the all access) and then the same UFC unleashed episodes.

Im gonna have to find it online and see the episodes too I guess[/quote']

I think online players like 'TVU player' have Spike TV on it, that might help.