The Official UFC Thread

Louis

Re: The Official UFC Thread

Hold on, he's the best MMA fighter in the world and he's ducking Johnson by risking jail time? :D My God! Let me tell you something, put your money away though son this is free, that boy ain't ducking anybody ever. Literally trained MMA for a few years and embarrassed the entire division, he's that arrogant he fights fighters at their own game even if it's what that fighter wanted. He's scared of some bloke who's finally got his act together? He should be, but I know damn well he isn't. He's not got that mentality.

Or even never to fight Rumble coz DC will role through him.

So again... DC is just going to roll through Rumble? With his wrestling one would presume? Jones casually outwrestled and BROKE Cormier for Christs sake. So yeah, DC just walks through that boy with his wrestling but Jones and his superior wrestling and everything else he has that's superior to Cormier like strength and his stand up, that ain't going to hold up and Jones realised it so got arrested? :D

My God this is all so tedious.

Jones is an idiot. A bloke fought last night who loves to thump women and pull them around by his hair. Just look at Tyson and many other boxers too. The UFC is that small time they aren't putting this Jones fight on and trying to show like they always do that they're bigger than the fighters, they're showing this by losing several million dollars. It's the fight game, he wasn't arrested in Nevada, do the fight. Whoever wins out of Rumble and DC is barely the number one contender, if that. Should probably also bring up Rumble ain't no stranger to getting himself all kinds of arrested.

So again... DC is just going to roll through Rumble? With his wrestling one would presume? Jones casually outwrestled and BROKE Cormier for Christs sake. So yeah' date=' DC just walks through that boy with his wrestling but Jones and his superior wrestling and everything else he has that's superior to Cormier like strength and his stand up, that ain't going to hold up and Jones realised it so got arrested? :D

My God this is all so tedious.

Jones is an idiot. A bloke fought last night who loves to thump women and pull them around by his hair. Just look at Tyson and many other boxers too. The UFC is that small time they aren't putting this Jones fight on and trying to show like they always do that they're bigger than the fighters, they're showing this by losing several million dollars. It's the fight game, he wasn't arrested in Nevada, do the fight. Whoever wins out of Rumble and DC is barely the number one contender, if that. Should probably also bring up Rumble ain't no stranger to getting himself all kinds of arrested.[/quote']

Can you undoubtedly say he didn't I can't he's so obsessive you think he doesn't do EVERYTHING & I mean EVERYTHING & ANYTHING to get more time for himself or to avoid him. Look how it'[s worked out DC VS Rumble if DC roles through A.J he'll likely never have to face the biggest power puncher in the UFC. Not just wrestling @dc his boxing is crisp as well and i'll place a bet with you right now if your so confident A.J will beat DC?

If you think Jon Jones is afraid of any mixed martial artist in the world you need therapy. That man does not care because he is that good and knows he's that good. It's why he lives the way he lives. It'll be his downfall but he's not ducking domestic violence Johnson.

I'm confident that any fighter would have nerves against A.j but maybe he just wasn't ready for him and it does sound stupid but again i wouldn't put anything past JBJ. Not talking about his failed test or priors he's just a person you look at by how he potrays himself and by what he says and all the fakery that he'd do anything to bide some extra prep time for he knows that AJ only needs 1 punch and not even full force or contact and that undefeated legacy he craves is gone.

Shogun, Machida, Belfort, Glover, Rashad, Gustafsson, Rampage, all guys capable of ending the fight very quickly.

Johnson couldn't finish Phil Davis or knock out Arlovski at heavyweight and his chin went back in 2009.

Johnson is good. He has power. It's nothing Jones hasn't fought before, 2 years ago I doubt you even knew who he was and if you did would probably have referred to him as that guy who was too fat and lazy to make weight.

Jon Jones didn't do this on purpose. He doesn't need any prep time. He was the best light heavyweight in the world after 3 years of training. He's not ducking anyone ever, he doesn't have it in his mindset.

Shogun' date=' Machida, Belfort, Glover, Rashad, Gustafsson, Rampage, all guys capable of ending the fight very quickly.

Johnson couldn't finish Phil Davis or knock out Arlovski at heavyweight and his chin went back in 2009.

Johnson is good. He has power. It's nothing Jones hasn't fought before, 2 years ago I doubt you even knew who he was and if you did would probably have referred to him as that guy who was too fat and lazy to make weight.

Jon Jones didn't do this on purpose. He doesn't need any prep time. He was the best light heavyweight in the world after 3 years of training. He's not ducking anyone ever, he doesn't have it in his mindset.[/quote']

Been watching AJ since 07 why would I not know who he is or is capable of? None of those guys you mentioned hit with the velocity and power of AJ.And everyone referred to AJ as the guy who couldn't make weight because he couldn't derp! Hence the move up as it was draining him and he was gasing in a round but you would know that if you had watched him.

Okay, I will add my 2 cents.

First of all, there's more chance of Santa being real than of Jones having done this on purpose...Bones wants to break records, how can he do that without the belt? Most defences consecutively? That record has now gone for him...

His image, matters to him! There's a reason he acted like a white Mormon for the first half of his UFC career and had videos of him feeding the homeless.

Secondly, yes he is the best in the world, undoubtedly. What ppl don't realise is he HAD to fight the way he did against Cormier because DC was actually winning the standup battle. He is very adaptable.

As for Rumble, I think it was a huge test for both men. I could see either man winning on the night. Jones isn't quite as indestructible as Mr obvious likes to believe ;)

But to get stripped/ suspended / risk of jail time instead of fighting what is basically a 1 dimensional fighter is far fetched.

The end :)

Okay' date=' I will add my 2 cents.

First of all, there's more chance of Santa being real than of Jones having done this on purpose...Bones wants to break records, how can he do that without the belt? Most defences consecutively? That record has now gone for him...

His image, matters to him! There's a reason he acted like a white Mormon for the first half of his UFC career and had videos of him feeding the homeless.

Secondly, yes he is the best in the world, undoubtedly. What ppl don't realise is he HAD to fight the way he did against Cormier because DC was actually winning the standup battle. He is very adaptable.

As for Rumble, I think it was a huge test for both men. I could see either man winning on the night. Jones isn't quite as indestructible as Mr obvious likes to believe ;)

But to get stripped/ suspended / risk of jail time instead of fighting what is basically a 1 dimensional fighter is far fetched.

The end :)[/quote']

Undeafeted is more important than consecutive title defences but everyone fails to see that I said I wouldn't put it past him and they get all butt hurt. :D You really think as far fetched as it seems that you can in now way say maybe he could have not 1%? If so that's just foolish and you're underestimating what people will do to protect something when they are scared it could easily be taken away by a single punch more than any other fight that precedes him. There's noway he's going to jail either no chance.

He's not scared of anyone you moron' date=' has openly said in the past he'd like a fight with Cain :D Anthony Johnson is just another guy he's happily beat up in a cage.[/quote']

Don't say words you wouldn't say to my face and again AJ HITS 1000X HARDER THAN CAIN.

Rumble will tag you and hurt you and most likely finish you.

Cain will ruin your career with just how dominant he is.

I know who id rather face. Sorry SO4, I dont for one second buy that Jones is scared of Rumble. He has holes in his game that can be exploited...also he has mentally broken in the past.

This subject is surely dead at this point. Farcical statements and predictions for why this has happened isn't really MMA.

I'd absolutely call you a moron to your face :D

Jon Jones isn't scared sweetheart' date=' if you don't realise that I'm embarrassed for you.[/quote']

Okay big man, i'll be sure to show you more respect that you deserve in future. :rolleyes:

Jones casually outwrestled the wrestler and broke him. I'm not sure how that's then reflected badly upon Jones for future match ups with anyone. He broke the wrestler using wrestling :D

There was nothing casual about the fight, it was extremely close until Cormier gassed out.

IMO the reason Cormier gassed was because he has to cut down to light heavy after spending most of his career at heavyweight.

Now Cain is bigger than Cormier, he is also better than him with inhumane cardio and a more relentless style. Basically if Cormier ate one of the mushrooms from Super Mario he would become Cain Velasquez.

For the reach discrepancy that Jones had in his favour, Cormier was doing really well for the first 3 rounds (and winning alot of the exchanges) until Jones changed his gameplan (Mark of a champion, no doubt).

Just my opinion having watched the sport religiously for well over a decade, but what do I know. :s

On to last night,

Frankie Edgar is one of the top pound for pound fighters in the world. Of course this was known before, that fight just continued that legacy. Really pulling for him getting that title shot.

If decisions had gone his way (which they could well have done) he could be a 2 time Lightweight champion, a featherweight champion and looking at possibly fighting for the bantamweight belt. Great fighter.

All aboard the Neil Magny hype train :P