FIFA 10 Official Thread

FIFA10_PackShot.png

FIFA 10 will be released in the UK on October the 2nd.

The game has been totally revamped and many new features have been added including:

360º Dribbling

The first-ever true 360° dribbling system in a football game gives you precise control to skillfully play spaces between defenders that previously were not possible.

Skilled Dribbling

Advanced animation warping technology lets skilled players face defenders and maneuver around them with highly-responsive lateral dribbling, just like the game's legends.

Customisable Set Pieces

Design and record your very own dead ball moves on the training ground for use on match day to outwit your opponent. You have complete control over your players, with the ability to assign a specific role and movement to every outfield player on your team one at a time, and then combine them for the perfect set piece.

New Practice Arena

Work on individual skills in a fully featured practice mode before stepping on the pitch. Select exactly how many attackers and defenders you want in play, and practice set pieces.

FIFA10_PS3_Xavi_002.jpg

Re: FIFA 10 Official Thread

FIFA_10_UK_Cover.jpg

New things:

* The wall defending against a free-kick can be moved using the shoulder button.

* Cross-field passes are now generally a lot more driven and will take about half the time to cross the pitch.

* Players can assign specific stadiums to specific clubs.

* On cold days' date=' players' breath will be visible.

* There will be new crowd effects.

* There will be a new training mode, similar to the one in the PS2 version.

* There will 23 new celebrations; whether or not these are user-controlled remains to be seen.

* There will be a new Arena mode called 'Anything Goes', with up to four players able to play there at once.

* There will be a new gameplay-editing interface named "Custom Set Pieces" in which the player can manually assign the runs/movements of individual players within a set piece.

* More downloadable content will be available via the Playstation Store and Xbox Live Marketplace.

* The goal nets will be completely rewritten.

* The stadium lighting will be more realistic, but not dymanic (e.g. the sun will not move across the sky during matches).

Manager Mode:

* The transfer system will be more authentic, as money is not the monopolizing factor in acquiring a player. The acceptance of the offer will be based on factors such as the amount of players in your squad in the same position, and the promise of European competition outside of the domestic league. Furthermore, obtaining a player's services will be more realistically prolonged as the manager must deal with competition for the player by other clubs. Also, now you can submit bids in for several different players and if the club accepts, then you as the manager has the choice of approving the transfer. So for instance if you submited bids for 3 different strikers, and you only needed one, if the clubs of those 3 players accept the offers, you have the choice of choosing which of the players you actually want to have.

* The financial matters in the game will be based less on a team sponsor and primarily on the board of directors, who will provide two overall budgets: Wage budget (the amount of money provided every year for paying players) and Club budget (the money associated with buying and selling players as well as team improvements).

* There will be a Board Difficulty setting, in which players can decide how "generous" the board is financially.

* The Player Experience and Growth System has also dramatically changed. The manual XP growth from FIFA 08 and FIFA 09 have been abolished; player growth will now be determined by in-game performance, demands placed on the player, and achievements based on the player's particular position. There will also be three categories for gaining experience: Mental XP, Physical XP, and Skill XP. Younger players with higher potential will gain XP much faster (especially in Physical XP) and each player will have an individual growth point, which in turn promises more authentic gameplay.

* Results for simulated non-user matches will be more heavily based on team strength and not appear as "random" as has been the case in the past. This will result in more realism and eliminate instances from the previous title where stronger clubs were fighting relegation and clubs with weaker players were winning the league.

* Pre-season friendlies will be introduced to the next-gen versions of the game, which will be organized by the club's assistant manager for a chance to flatten out any wrinkles in a club's lineup before the domestic season begins.

* A Live Season feature has been implemented within Manager Mode. As players' forms rise and fall based on performance (within Manager Mode itself, not real-world events), players will receive a temporarily higher or lower rating along with temporarily higher or lower stats to implicate the authenticity of player form.

* Kit numbers can once again be edited.

* The fatigue of players will be more authentic and realistic, eliminating the problem in which lower-level teams suffer from incredibly low energy levels throughout a series of matches.

* The AI of other teams across the Manager Mode world has been improved significantly. Opposing clubs will rotate players more often based on factors such as fatigue, player form, and even the relative importance of a match (i.e the lineup for a top team in the early rounds of a domestic cup will consist of lower-level and younger players as opposed to a full-strength squad).

* Total Football Experience will be a new feature in which football news around the Manager Mode world will be visible, including player transfers, fixtures and results in foreign leagues.

* A new mode which has been revealed is the "Set-Piece Creator". Using this, runs can be assigned to specific players for different directions. It is not known yet wheather this will be available on online play, as revealed by producer David Rutter.

:)[/quote']

Took this from the other thread for anyone who's interested :)

Sorry Louis but i think your pic/copy of fifa 09 is fake but the one which Sam copied looks the real 1 to me..........

The one Louis posted is the real one.

FIFA 10 marks the fifth year the 23-year-old Rooney has been featured on the UK pack cover while Walcott makes his debut. Lampard previously featured on the UK cover for 2006 FIFA World Cup.

“FIFA is definitely the best football game on the market' date=' and I am delighted to be featured on the cover again,” said Manchester United and England striker, Wayne Rooney. “I play the game regularly online and against a lot of the lads at the club and I’m looking forward to the 360 degree control as it will make FIFA even more realistic than any other football game out there.”

“I’m really pleased to be part of the EA SPORTS FIFA franchise. Being on the cover of this great football video game with such a long history is really special for me”, said Lampard. “

"To join the likes of Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard on the cover of FIFA is a huge honour for me" said Theo Walcott. "FIFA is the game of choice in the Arsenal dressing room so I'll have to keep on top of my game to make sure I’m the best FIFA 10 player at the club."

“We’re delighted to welcome both Frank and Theo to the EA SPORTS FIFA franchise for the 2009-2010 season,” said Trevor Uzice – Marketing Manager for FIFA 10. “Along with Wayne, they represent the very best of English football talent and we’re proud to have them join us for FIFA 10”.[/b']

I watched a Video about FIFA10 this Year, its supposedly a Million Times better than 09. The Commentating is better, and the gameplay is better.

Also Ive heard they are making Manager Mode More Realistic, and That the Center Back's actually come up for the Set Pieces.

So overall, FIFA10 has the potential to be the best FIFA yet :o

To be honest' date=' I think PES will out do Fifa yet again...[/quote']

FIFA has out-done PES for the last four years.

If you want a game where you can run through the defence with ease, yeah, choose PES, but if you want a game that takes skill, FIFA is the one.

Guest Football8

The things I hope it upgrades is shooting from outside the box and hitting the target rather than going bent or miles over. Also the power of free kicks, because when you take them the goalie easily catches them sometimes. The part where players stand in front of your defenders when you take a goal kick sucks as well, which doesn't allow you to pass to them.

To be honest' date=' I think PES will out do Fifa yet again...[/quote']

What,

Fifa 2004 was better than PES

Fifa 2005 was better than PES

Fifa 2006 was better than PES

Fifa 2007 was better than PES

Fifa 2008 was Not Better than PES

Fifa 2009 completely Outdid PES

I Have no life so i know ;)

The things I hope it upgrades is shooting from outside the box and hitting the target rather than going bent or miles over. Also the power of free kicks' date=' because when you take them the goalie easily catches them sometimes. The part where players stand in front of your defenders when you take a goal kick sucks as well, which doesn't allow you to pass to them.[/quote']

Your obviously not good at the game then, i can hit a shot from outside the box and watch it go into the top corner of the net, i've even scored from the half-way line on FIFA 3+ times and scored 2+ 40 yard freekicks.

The freekicks are fine also, if you know how much power to put on them depending on the distance away from goal you are, you will hit the target 9/10 times if you add a bit of curl.

And the bit when players stand in front is just tactics, it stops people from passing short to there defender forcing them to take a goalkick, if the goalkeeper does pass it straight to the striker infront of the defender it's a easy goal for the striker, nothing wrong with that, you just have to remember not to pass it short.

QUICK trailer of PES 10' looks good imo. :)

Pes Sucks :)

Your obviousley no good at FIFA if your posting about the features on FIFA that you cant use properley. Do you use the finess shot at times? apparently not. PES SUCKS. Make your own thread for PES vids and shizz. FIFA FTW!

Back on topic.

FIFA 10 looks awesome, great little features that have been added to give it that extra surreal effect..see players breath in the cold, 360 degree turns, runs, dribbles you name it, all i can is im getting it :)

Guest Football8

Just because you say negative feedback on a thing doesn't mean your not good at it, I'm no longer talking with you heels ! :P

Why do y'all always like doing PES vs Fifa side taking and arguments? I'm assuming that those who think Fifa is better will never be caught with a PES game:rolleyes:.

It depends on what game you prefer but I don't understand why PES was even brought up on the FIFA10 official thread. If anyone wants to discuss PES they should go and make a thread for it like Dan already mentioned.

What the hell? Is it so difficult for them to tell us whether or not it's gonna have another awful soundtrack? The FIFA 09 soundtrack was horrible.

If you're using a 360, just save the music onto your hard drive on the 360 then mute the FIFA soundtrack and play your music ;) better than the music FIFA give :mad: the only thing that ruins the game imo.