FIFA 10 Official Thread

Re: FIFA 10 Official Thread

Got the Fifa World Cup 2010 game today via pre-order from play.com (as did Louis' date=' although maybe not from play.com)

Seems to me that some bits are unfinished:

The commentary sometimes messes up. Clive asks Andy Townsend about something, and theres no response. Also, I set my difficulty settings to those from Fifa 10, which are World Class 7 minute halves. With those settings, Man City (my Manager mode team) can thrash the bottom half teams, beat Liverpool but lose to Arsenal, but on the new game, England can thrash Germany 4-1, with Heskey and Rooney scoring twice each. I could have had more shots on goal but decided to pass the ball around to see what the passing was like, but every shot on goal turned out to be a goal.

Finally, penalty shoot-outs! I havent scored one yet. You have to press shoot when the composure bar is in the green, I get that, but how do you choose a corner to shoot in to. I held the left stick as far bottom right as I could (which would score in FIFA 10, and I blasted it well wide. I played it down the middle holding the left stick fully forward, I slipped and blasted it over. How do you score? (Louis, Im asking you here)[/quote']

So is it worth it or should we just wait for FIFA 11?

So is it worth it or should we just wait for FIFA 11?

Only played one game so cant judge it just off that. Havent played the campaign or Story of Qualifying modes yet. They can patch things if needs be. The demo was incredibly small, with only a minute amount of game mechanics tested. It should be sorted once it goes on general release.

Trying to get back into Ultimate team, currently haven't played a game since coming back but so far very happy with what i've done. Sold my old team more or less and thought i'd give the Bundesliga a go and see wether i could build up a good squad.

SO far i've brought Neuer, Dzeko, Robben, Podolski, Aquilani, Petric and Martins with around 22,500. Made a nice 26,000 coins from selling Ashley Young, John Terry etc over night and now on the verge of signing Elia, Naldo, Lahm, Subotic and Farfan.

Currently have no bids on Adebayor, Vermaelen, Kuyt, Downing, Obasi, Modric, Given, Sagna, Ireland, Palacios and many more if there's any interest just ask. Value's i'd say are quiet fair but might consider a part exchange + cash if its good enough.

Finally' date=' penalty shoot-outs! I havent scored one yet. You have to press shoot when the composure bar is in the green, I get that, but how do you choose a corner to shoot in to. I held the left stick as far bottom right as I could (which would score in FIFA 10, and I blasted it well wide. I played it down the middle holding the left stick fully forward, I slipped and blasted it over. How do you score? (Louis, Im asking you here)[/quote']

I can tell you as i think it's the same system as in PES2010.

You need to balance how much you hold the left stick.

Fully Held = Well Wide

Lightly Held = More or less down the middle

So try and hold it in the middle and it should get the positioning right. It's the same thing for power, with what ever button you use to shoot.

Fully Held= Well over

Lightly Held = On the floor

That's what i think it is anyway. Sounds the same to PES2010. Quiet a good system, as it's more realistic then just hitting it in the top hand corner easily.

I quite like the World Cup game but then I'm a complete sucker for International football. Not sure I'd recommend it to anybody who isn't particularly a big fan of that format, at least until it comes down in price a little.

Failed miserably in trying to qualify Fiji from the Oceania section last night after only taking one point off New Zealand over two games, but doing better with Montenegro, Jovetic netting a diving header to snatch a late win in Italy. I agree with Burrow on the commentary, it's a shame because they've made a really good effort to make it a little bit special but it's not quite there. It's great to hear Andy Townsend speculating that Montenegro might struggle to deal with Iaquinta and Toni, but the shine is then taken off it when Italy start with Di Natale and Gilardino.

Quite like this scenario style mode as well. There's something nice about sending Robbie Keane through to knock France out after the Henry handball.

I can tell you as i think it's the same system as in PES2010.

You need to balance how much you hold the left stick.

Fully Held = Well Wide

Lightly Held = More or less down the middle

So try and hold it in the middle and it should get the positioning right. It's the same thing for power' date=' with what ever button you use to shoot.

Fully Held= Well over

Lightly Held = On the floor

That's what i think it is anyway. Sounds the same to PES2010. Quiet a good system, as it's more realistic then just hitting it in the top hand corner easily.[/quote']

Thanks. Ive managed to score by just shooting and not picking a direction, so it goes down the middle, but that isnt going to work all the time. I'll give it a try later.

Currently playing a Man City manager mode and Im into February. Im in fourth place but my team is very inconsistent. We can beat Liverpool 2-0 but lose to Portsmouth 2-0, and draw with Wolves 0-0. One thing that infuriates me is the chairman stopping you from selling loads of people. In previous games, you could sell a few but then if you tried to sell too many, you didnt get bids. Here's my transfers in and out

In:

Holger Badstuber

Jerome Boateng

Oscar Cardozo

McDonald Mariga

Sven Bender

Lars Bender

Out:

Robinho

Benjani

Stuart Taylor

Sylvinho

[some youngsters to free up some space]

Had I known that there would be a limit, I wouldnt have signed fringe players and would have bought squad-changing players.

Shaun Wright Phillips has no beneficial attributes. He got out-run by Sylvinho who I sold to Arsenal. Currently play Tevez and Weiss ahead of him. Will be sold in January. Oscar Cardozo will go straight back out after he's scored a grand total of zero in ten games. Playing Santa Cruz ahead of him, but he will most probably be sold.

Adam Johnson isnt good on Fifa. He's not fast, and as far as playing on the wing, Bellamy is better. He has bags of stamina and a good shot. The only goals Johnson has scored have been parried shots from other strikers. I wont sell him, but I will be buying a LW in the Summer.

Heres my starting XI:

Given

Richards

Onuoha

Toure

Bridge

Barry

De Jong

Ireland

Tevez

Adebayor

Bellamy

Hoping to bring in a goalscoring CM, LW and back-up CF.

Is the market on UT dead?

Had alot of good players up on the market for reasonable prices all morning and still no takers. Anyone on here interested lads?

I've got Adebayor, Falcao, Kuyt, Downing, Ireland, Badstuber, Aogo, Bilyaletdinov, Hleb, Mascherano, Palacios, Obasi, Modric, Given and Sagna all for sale at the moment but haven't had one bid placed on them.

Still 40 minutes left on them, club name Cassa United get bidding if interested.

Will only part exchange someone for Ballack, Ribery, Robben (89/87) and Dzeko (86).

I got the World cup game it's better than i thought i would be and i just love it. It's so fun :P

I am sucker for international managment it really all what James has said IMO it's worth the cash. just played the once finshed with 9 men played with Holland in the world cup against Denmark won 4-3. Was 3-2 down with 2 mins 2 go :P.

Starting XI, all brought today:

Neuer, Lahm, Westerman, Naldo, Taiwo, Schweinsteiger, Ballack, Ozil, Robben, Martins, Podolski

Anybody know of another clinical striker like Martins? I currently have Dzeko and Petric on the bench but they're impact players more than first teamers and only fill in when they're needed due to fitness. Any help would be appreciated.

And someone that can rocket shots in from far out would be nice too. Taiwo can do it, but as i play defensive mentality he never gets to far forward :)

I'd be surpised if anyone plays Ultimate team.

I didn't play for awhile, i just played head to head but now i've decided to go back to UT but its still pretty rubbish but hey its something different. If i can get a clinical striker, big defender and a decent midfielder with a good strike my squad won't be too bad.

Cassa United - Arsene Wenger

Neuer - Stekelenburg

Lahm, Rafinha, Vidic, Naldo, Mertsacker, Maxwell, Taiwo

Keita, Ben Arfa, Dejagah, Govou, Schweinsteigher, Blaszczykowski, Ozil, Ballack, Aquilani, Nasri, Hamsik, Spearing, Michel Bastos, Zhirkov, Robben

Martins, Klose, Muller, Podolski, Carew, Chamakh, Schlaudraff

Marks out of 10? ?/10

I decided to play UT today. Only got 2000 coins, which is pretty mediocre, however my team has Ludovic Giuly, Lisandro Lopez, Demirel and a variation of 80+ players. My team is pretty good... :o

Here is the team, (Thanks to the official site :))

team.png?t=1272895141

GK: Neuer, Stekelenburg

DEF: Lahm, Rafinha, Vidic, Naldo, Mertsacker, Maxwell, Taiwo

MID: Keita, Ben Arfa, Dejagah, Govou, Schweinsteigher, Blaszczykowski, Ozil, Ballack, Aquilani, Nasri, Borowski, Hamsik, Misimovic, Spearing, Michel Bastos, Zhirkov, Robben, Ribery

FWD: Martins, Klose, Muller, Dzeko, Podolski, Carew, Chamakh, Schlaudraff

That's my entire squad.

Currently have Niang, Hernanes, Ronaldo (79), Hamsik, Arbeloa, Vargas and Bocchetti on the trade pile if anyone would be interested in buying?

Doing well in the World Cup with Scotland.

On Fifa10 decided to give Man City a go.

Signed:

Andrei Arshavin

Gonzalo Higuian

Daniel Agger

Simon Kjaer

Glen Johnson

Gael Clichy

Lass Diarra

Mareclo

Sold

Barry

Sylvinho

Richards

Toure

Just away to start the league campain. Hope it all goes well and i get 4th play Stoke in the first game

Starting XI

Given

Mareclo

Johnson

Agger

Clichy

De Jong

Ireland

Diarra

Arshavin

Tevez/Adebayor

Higuian

Lol what way are games matched nowadays? I only got Fifa back last night and have played about 8 games (First games in about 3 months). So far I've dominated all and most people left before half-time as it was usually 4-0+. Only managed to finish one game yet..! Quite annoying, but the guys I'm playing suck. I notice it says when searching "Same skill level", whats that all about? Getting bored and frustrated now that all my victorys mean nothing.

Getting UT today

:), just nipping into town to get some points then job's a good un :D, Also how many times have you won the World Cup Online in Fifa South Africa? I've won it 3 times, and also what division are you in online? im in 5 :)

Getting UT today
:)' date=' just nipping into town to get some points then job's a good un :D, Also how many times have you won the World Cup Online in Fifa South Africa? I've won it 3 times, and also what division are you in online? im in 5 :) [/center']

WC is terrible so no one plays it.