Shoudl Britain withdraw form Afghan & Iraq?

.RC

Guest .кєσgн

Re: Shoudl Britain withdraw form Afghan & Iraq?

keep doing what?

bigger war? think about what?

without a job? they getting paid there and here alike? but probably more when they're there??

1) Keep killing innocent people.

2) Think about Al-Queda running that country.

3) EXACTLY, They will be getting paid more so they will be willing to spend more. It helps the economy.

Guest .кєσgн

Absolutely ' date=' as there are now 2 many deaths.. but as jack did say unemployment in the UK will get worse[/quote']

There has been about 300 maybe less British deaths.

There has been about 300 maybe less British deaths.

Still way more than wanted.

Also no i don't just watch the news me Dad told me about it.And if you say what does he know.Well he knew all of the people who dies yesterday as they were in his regiment.Its kinda obvious they would come to Britain.First they would win over Afghan then come gunning for us in Britain.Plus They wouldn't lose jobs if Britain withdraws as theres loads they have to do on their camp.

No we shouldn't.

1. Hunt that Osama Bin laden (if hes alive that is). Do you know what's common b/w 9/11,Madrid bombings and the London bombings? Links were established b/w Al Qaeda and the attacks. But the thing is Al Qaeda has a very vast network spread over many countries.

2.The American govt are are A.Holes. They fully supported Osama Bin Laden when the Soviet were at war with the Afghans in the 70's. Now they have have 25 million dollar prize on him:rolleyes:

Guest .кєσgн

Also on Sky news it says three dead Paratroopers.Its 4.The last one died yesterday in Hospital.One of my Dads friends as well.

All Heros

Heroes

Corrected ;)

according to the soon to be leader of the forces or something we are going to be in afghan for at least another 40 years. :rolleyes:

Wow.Nuke it Nuke it.

The war will still be there for me to fight:o

Withdraw? Pfff...

It's not like it's an economical war (I mean, it's not the oil and stuff like that ofc) and it's not like it's for some people, who are already filthy rich, to get some more money! Nooo... It's about the idealogy and stopping terrorists!!! I mean, it's not like the 9/11 was created by government to invade some countries, it's not like Iraq didn't had a full arsenal of nukes and stuff like that.

Withdraw he says, pffff...

EDIT : And it's not like UK , American and other soldiers are worthless pawns there, about whom no one gives a....

Ideology? The people of Afghanistan dont want your ideology. BT Afghanistan has never been occupied by foreign forces. These guys are bornfighters and no one can win with them.. why are we wasting important lives of soldiers of this country (uk)?

Afghan r no threat to uk and neither is Osama (wherever he is)

Where were all these terrorists before 9/11?

No.

It would show weakness' date=' and they would keep doing it and not get punished, I think some people fail to realise that we are there to stop the Taliban from taking the "government" as it were.

Withdraw from Iraq, Afghanistan is a much bigger war then you think about.

Also, if lets say 500,000 soldiers come back, thats 500,000 soldiers without a job, and thats 500,000 more benifits to pay.[/quote']

The mad thing about all this, is that we put the Taliban in power in the first place when Russia invaded Afganistan, most of thier weapons are either American, British or French and there troops were trained by us.

The invasion of Afgan and Iraq are 2 completly seperate things in reality, but put under the same umbrella by the Goverment led media of the US and UK.

Iraq is about oil, pure and simple, and protecting countries like Kuwait and to a certain degree Isreal. (Why havn't we invaded Iran? they are a much bigger threat to the west and they actually have weapons of mass destruction unlike Iraq who had a pea-shooter)

Afganistan is about ideolgy and was ment to be a show of power by the US and UK taking the fight to the "terroists" which hasn't really worked out and is becoming slowly another debarcle like Vitenam was for the Americans.

Should we withdraw? - yes I think we should as it was a war that was illegal in the first place and circumnavigated NATO to be waged, if this war was the other way around Tony Blair and George Bush would be bought up on war crimes charges along with the Senate/Parliment and other agencies.

Ideology? The people of Afghanistan dont want your ideology. BT Afghanistan has never been occupied by foreign forces. These guys are bornfighters and no one can win with them.. why are we wasting important lives of soldiers of this country (uk)?

Afghan r no threat to uk and neither is Osama (wherever he is)

Where were all these terrorists before 9/11?

Osama's been around for years he first tried to blow up the world trade centre in the early 80's

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

This thread shows quite a lot of ignorance from some forumers, and I'll reiterate what a few other forumers and I have said: this forum isn't the place for intellectual discussion. sonofpluto, consider yourself invited to a certain group on this forum. :o:P

My 2 cents. . .

We would seem weak (as a country) if we pulled out now and would be leaving the Afghans to fight the Taliban which doesn't seem particularly fair after they have experienced decades of war.

We can also have more influence in trying to break down the drugs trade (heroin mainly) which creates unnecessary burden on our society (crime, higher medical costs etc).

You do realise that if we leave the Taliban will take over, thereby leaving a group that has already aided terrorists in charge, combined with the fact they like us even less since we deposed their government, are you suggesting that keeping these lunatics out of power isn't a good purpose?

The Taliban would likely return to power, and Al Qaeda and the Taliban would become much stronger in Pakistan, strengthened by their perceived victory over the British and American mission in Afghanistan. The government in the UK needs to increase spending on defence, as has been recommended by many in the armed forces, and also provide the equipment that the armed forces need. Changing the mindsets of the Afghan people, many of whom have lost relatives and immediate family in the conflict should also be a priority. We cannot win the war in Afghanistan if we alienate the people who will eventually be running the country, and make the regime that the Taliban offers more appealing than the one we advocate. To do this the war requires a change of strategy.

I'm a bit tired after a very long travel from Oxford to Durham (home !) today, so my points might not be total sense.

This thread shows quite a lot of ignorance from some forumers' date=' and I'll reiterate what a few other forumers and I have said: this forum isn't the place for intellectual discussion. [i']sonofpluto[/i], consider yourself invited to a certain group on this forum. :o:P

My 2 cents. . .

We would seem weak (as a country) if we pulled out now and would be leaving the Afghans to fight the Taliban which doesn't seem particularly fair after they have experienced decades of war.

We can also have more influence in trying to break down the drugs trade (heroin mainly) which creates unnecessary burden on our society (crime, higher medical costs etc).

You do realise that if we leave the Taliban will take over, thereby leaving a group that has already aided terrorists in charge, combined with the fact they like us even less since we deposed their government, are you suggesting that keeping these lunatics out of power isn't a good purpose?

The Taliban would likely return to power, and Al Qaeda and the Taliban would become much stronger in Pakistan, strengthened by their perceived victory over the British and American mission in Afghanistan. The government in the UK needs to increase spending on defence, as has been recommended by many in the armed forces, and also provide the equipment that the armed forces need. Changing the mindsets of the Afghan people, many of whom have lost relatives and immediate family in the conflict should also be a priority. We cannot win the war in Afghanistan if we alienate the people who will eventually be running the country, and make the regime that the Taliban offers more appealing than the one we advocate. To do this the war requires a change of strategy.

I'm a bit tired after a very long travel from Oxford to Durham (home !) today, so my points might not be total sense.

A bit later I'll post something, that makes sense. Too tired now.