Holger Badstuber-Bayern's German Sensation

aero scizor

Hi all,

I did a quick search and found no one reporting on him. If anyone has done so, I give my apologies. Anyway, his stats are as follow:

Holger Badstuber

150x180_373bbb8c628c7296cb7ed0312b9e5183.jpg

Holger Badstuber(born 13 March 1989) is a German footballer who plays as a defender or midfielder for Bayern Munich. Badstuber has progressed through Bayern's youth setup and reserve team and signed a contract with the senior team from July 2009, along with team-mate Thomas Müller, having been an unused substitute in a number of first-team matches in the 2008-09 season. He made his debut in the first league game of the 2009-10 season, against 1899 Hoffenheim.

Personal information

Date of birth 13 March 1989 (1989-03-13) (age 20)

Place of birth Memmingen, Germany

Height 1.89 m

Playing position Defender / Midfielder

Youth career

0000–2000 TSV Rot

2000–2002 VfB Stuttgart

2002–2007 Bayern Munich

Senior career

2007– Bayern Munich II 55 (7)

2008– Bayern Munich 1 (0)

National team

2007–2008 Germany U-19 2 (0)

2008– Germany U-20 3 (0)

Stats from Wikipedia.

Please do comment. I believe he would be a great prospect to monitor in coming years, especially when he is favoured by Van Gaal.

Re: Holger Badstuber-Bayern's German Sensation

Though Phil already found him in his scouting thread of the 3. Bundesliga he really deserves his own thread.

Now I want to feed this thread with some more information about Badstuber though I think Phil could tell you more and better about him because he saw Badstuber a few times playing.

Portrait of Holger Badstuber

Badstuber-soll-nicht-an-der-U20-WM-teilnehmen_8cd005355c.jpg

The John Terry of the FC Bayern?

Holger Badstuber is the great winner under Louis van Gaal until now. The 20 year old defender was promoted from the amateurs to the professionals and stands high with van Gaal. And that's no surprise for the responsibles of Bayern Munich.

Early Hermann Gerland - now the assistent of van Gaal and the coach of the reserves of Munich before - called him his model pupil and certified to him occasionally outstanding achievements.

No surprise, Gerland already played a role at Badstubers transfer from the youth department of VfB Stuttgart to Bayern Munich in 2002. Gerland was a good friend of Badstuber's father and from there on his patron.

Two years before that Holger Badstuber moved from TSV Rot to the youth team of VfB Stuttgart. But Badstuber's aim was playing for Munich.

"I allways was fan of Bayern Munich and my father wanted me to play there, too." told Badstuber at his first interview as a player of Munich.

The first year as a player in the youth team of Munich he travelled every day 130 kilometres from Rot to Munich but then he moved to the youth centre of the FC Bayern.

He played in every youth team of Bayern starting with the U15 and was pulled up to the amateurs from the U19. But he played in every team as a midfielder though everyone knew that the 190 cm large beanpole was suited for the central back position.

But they let him play as a defensive midfielder to improve his skills as a technical good player.

In the reserve of Munich he was the fastest player at every sprint tests and he impressed with his strength. Especially his jumping power - he jumps 55 cm high from a standing position - makes the giant nearly insurmountable at headings.

His idol: Terry

He likes the uncompromising and tough way Terry plays and Terry's skills in heading.

"With van Gaal I have a good coach who wants to improve me and who can improve me." says Badstuber.

And now he has a good chance to convince van Gaal because of the injury of Demichelis. In the first match of the season he already played beside van Buyten and made a good job.

-------------------------------------------

Sorry if some phrases aren't written in a good English but I translated this German text for you to get more information about his guy. ;)

Should i buy?

Do u think he will be gettin many games this season??

Yes, you should buy him.

He would be getting plenty of game time because Van Gaal likes to have a left footed player at the left side of centre defence plus Demichelis is out for 2 months.

Should i buy?

Do u think he will be gettin many games this season??

Firstly, great info Timesle - good english or not! :P:D

Simmy - he's certainly worth a punt. I was disappointed to see him added at 80, seems a bit over the top but then again SM has never been consistant in that regard. Van Gaal likes him and is keen on playing a natural left footed player as the left CB (if that makes sense). Since Van Buyten and Demichelis are both right footed, and with Lucio gone to Inter, the only options open to the coach are Braafheid or Badstuber. My money was on Braafheid pre-season but if yesterday was anything to go by it would be Badstuber who's secured the opening that Lucio left and with Demichelis out for a month or so he will have several games to prove himself. :rolleyes:

If he manages to stay in the team he could be 86/7 by end of the season, maybe even higher!!! :eek:

Just my thoughts ....

Herby

I hate this whole thing... A thread always crops up the day/the day after an unmentioned U21 player appears on the database. :rolleyes:

No offence intended' date=' it's a good writeup Aero Scizor. :)[/quote']

No offense mate but anyone who follows a bit about german football would've known about this kid. I have for quite some time and was annoyed that he was added a few days ago after his debut (hardly 350 mins of first team football). As a result I missed out on him for a few teams ... as usual to managers who just buy ANY new player aged 18 or under. :mad:

Such is life on SM ....

Herby

No offense mate but anyone who follows a bit about german football would've known about this kid. I have for quite some time and was annoyed that he was added a few days ago after his debut (hardly 350 mins of first team football). As a result I missed out on him for a few teams ... as usual to managers who just buy ANY new player aged 18 or under. :mad:

Such is life on SM ....

Herby

I know about him, but threads pop up the day an unmentioned U20 player is added, particularly if he plays for a big club. From the noise emanating from Munich and the few minutes I've seen of him, he should be closing in on Breno's position.

On my GM account, I got him in 6 of the Gameworlds I bid for him in. I have 13 Game worlds and made 13 bids... :(

I know what you're saying about forum threads on just anyone .... part of the reason I rarely post these days! :rolleyes:

Anyway, to stay on topic. IMHO Badstuber has jumped ahead of Braafheid and Breno in the CB pecking order. I'll say it again, and Timesle and Phi can/will support this, that Van Gaal has come out numerous times in preseason saying that we wants a right + left foot CB pairing in the heart of defense.

Like it or lump it, that means either Braafheid or Badstuber will be playing every game (unless the coach changes his mind or injuries force his hand). :P

Herby

Message to a mod:

Are we no longer allowed to ask for more info when the info supplied isn't enough for us to make a judgement call as to whether the player is a good buy or if it's just a glory post?

I'd like to ask which rule I broke.

I know what you're saying about forum threads on just anyone .... part of the reason I rarely post these days! :rolleyes:

Anyway' date=' to stay on topic. IMHO Badstuber has jumped ahead of Braafheid and Breno in the CB pecking order. I'll say it again, and Timesle and Phi can/will support this, that Van Gaal has come out numerous times in preseason saying that we wants a right + left foot CB pairing in the heart of defense.

Like it or lump it, that means either Braafheid or Badstuber will be playing every game (unless the coach changes his mind or injuries force his hand). :P

Herby[/quote']

Yeah, I really support with this. Van Gaal wants to have a left foot CB on the left CB position. So Badstuber's chances to play are very good.

Message to a mod:

Are we no longer allowed to ask for more info when the info supplied isn't enough for us to make a judgement call as to whether the player is a good buy or if it's just a glory post?

And I'd like to know who deleted it! There is no evidence of it even ever being here, so it wasn't a PD mod and I have no clue as to why.

:confused:

Message to a mod:

You didn't break any rules mate :)

Spam was just venting some frustration and I happened to agree, nothing personal.

Back to Badstuber .... can anyone explain why he was added at 80?? I mean, in the history of SM I can only recall 1 youth being added at that rating and that was some kid called Bojan ..... who is supposed to be alright! :P:o

I honestly think that 77/78 would've been ok too. SM need to achieve some consistancy when it comes to adding players and/or youngsters. :mad:

Herby

The only explanation I could come up with is that technically, he's already played professional football for Bayern II in the 3. Liga, where the highest players are rated at around 78/79. Seeing that he's now a higher-rated league (obviously), 80 seems fair.

I've already explained that in my 3. Liga thread, which, despite not only focusing on Badstuber, contains more info, which is why I think that the 'he doesn't have an individual thread yet' argument is kinda irrelevant here.

You didn't break any rules mate :)

Spam was just venting some frustration and I happened to agree' date=' nothing personal.

Back to Badstuber .... can anyone explain why he was added at 80?? I mean, in the history of SM I can only recall 1 youth being added at that rating and that was some kid called Bojan ..... who is supposed to be alright! :P:o

I honestly think that 77/78 would've been ok too. SM need to achieve some consistancy when it comes to adding players and/or youngsters. :mad:

Herby[/quote']

didnt macheda get added at 80? that was a joke too (and im a united fan!) :(