Gold Championship 68 Match Reports/News/Transfers Thread

Guest Football8

Re: Gold Championship 68 Match Reports/News/Transfers Thread

Sunderland News

7_1190894323.gif 0 : 2 76_1200385608.gif

Sunderland's all English Starting 11 started the season in fantastic fashion today with a 2-0 win away from home to a full strength Bolton team.

Sunderland took the lead after only 13 minutes of play when a quick short corner was gathered by Darren Bent, who then proceeded to curl the ball into the net round the unsighted keeper. Bolton imidiately went on the offensive bombarding the sunderland goal with shots for the remainder of the first half but were unable to beat the Debuting Paul robinson.

In The second half Sunderland dominated most of the possesion but Bolton still posed a threat, they allways looked capable of equalising but somehow sunderland managed to keep them at bay. Then in the Final minute of the game Lee Cattermole found himself all alone in the box after a Brilliant through ball and the debuting Cattermole confidently placed the ball past the keeper into the corner of the net too cap off an impresive display from sunderland on the opening day.

In the post match interview Sunderland manager Chris Davies was asked to comment on how he felt his first match in charge went to wich he replied:

''I am absolutely delighted with the result. It is no easy task to come to a place like the Rebok Stadium and walk away with all 3 points. We were lucky to get the lead early on in the match, but what really really impressed me was the grit and determination my players showed out there to not secomb to the constant presure Bolton piled on. We thought tooth and Nail to the last minutes of the game and we were rewarded in the end with a second goal in the dying minutes. Its displays like the ones my players put on today that make me proud to be there manager. When your team goes out there and fights like that to the final whistle it fills you full of pride.''

He was Then asked by the Interviewer. ''So what next for Sunderland?''

'' Well we have got off to a brilliant start and i really hope we can show the same spirit we showed out there today in our next game. Today i was proven right that what this leauge needs is a team of English players playing with English grit and determination. I have a few more players lined up to come into the club and i feel we can only get stronger over the coming weeks when it comes to squad depth. So as far as the future goes i will state it now our goal this season is to qualify to the SMFA Shield and i think we have a real chance of doing just that.''

So there you are folks a brilliant start to the season for Chris Davies and his Sunderland team. Only time will tell if this will turn out to be a fruitfull season for them.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 68 Match Reports/News/Transfers Thread Napoli 1-2 Lazio Cristian Ledesma (33) Eliseu Pereira (63) Fabio Quagliarella (83) Eliseu Pereira The Difference Again

Re: Gold Championship 68 Match Reports/News/Transfers Thread Real Madrid win the SMFA Cup after beating Rangers 4-2 We finish the season completeing the Quadruple , which i am delighted with We p

Re: Gold Championship 68 Match Reports/News/Transfers Thread Mario Balotelli Makes Switch From Inter to Lazio... Today as Goran Pandev Moved to Serie A Rivals Internazionale, Mario Balotelli Ma

The Moscow Times

spartak-moskva.gif

Spartak starts season off on right foot

Today Spartak started their season off with a victory over Metalist in a tight contest. The only goal of the matct was scored by Brazilian striker Soares Welliton on a pass from Croatian Playmaker Luka Modric. "Luka proved himself today by playing a magnificent game" said manager R. Espino after the match. Spartak's next game is on the 24th against Bundesliga contenders Bayer Leverkusen. "It's a very hard game, but we are confident we can bring back a good result" stated Welliton. So far so good for the Russian league contenders, but we will see the improvement after the 2 signings promised by manager Rolando Andre Espino arrive.

SpartakMoskva.gif1-04218_logo_metalist.gif

gallery_image_3711.jpg

Welliton's winning shot came at the 8th minute of play!

West Brom 1-3 Sheffield United

Morrison 66 |Speed 17

|Naysmith 19

|Cotterill 61

Sheffield United's season got off to a cracker with a 3-1 against West Brom at the Hawthorns. United took the lead on 17 minutes when Speed fired in a shot in the bottom corner. The lead was doubled 2 minutes later when Naysmith scored from 15 yards out. Then on 61 minutes Cotterill took on the keeper and scored to send the away fans mad!!! West Brom scored a consolation goal 5 minutes later when James Morrison after a deflected shot. At the end of the match the Sheffield United fans were singing their managers name at the end!

Inter Start With Win

fc_inter_san_siro.jpg

Inter Milan got of to a good start under new manager Aaron Dhandli. Roma were welcomed to Milan. Two of the biggest teams in Italy came face to face! But it seems Aaron Dhandli knows what he is doing. STANKOVIC opened the scoring at 42 mins, then later on MUNTARI got the goal. But STANKOVIC's screamer from 25 yards earned him the Man Of The Match

e9e06a411dfbe12bc693f9bedb9bf670-grande.jpg

[/center]

brand.gif

Milan start campaign with a win

Genoa 2-3 AC Milan

Milan made a good start to the season, getting 3 important points in Genoa. Even with a european tie on monday, Milan started with a full strength team, the starting XI as follows;

C Abbiati, G Zambrotta, M Jankulovski, A Nesta, M Flamini, A Pirlo, G Gattuso, C Seedorf, A Pato, KJ Huntelaar, Ronaldinho

The away fans didnt have to wait long for the first goal of the season, Mathieu Flamini rose majestically and headed the ball from the in-swinging corner into the net in the 8th minute. 12 minutes later, MOTM Ronaldinho scored, a wicked deflection leaving Amelia wrong footed. It was 3-0 on the 56 minute mark, Klass jan Huntelaar poking the ball past the defender on the line following a goalmouth scramble. Genoa made it an interesting end to the game, first Jankulovski scored an own goal, and then Ivan Juric scoring in the last 10minutes of the game.

ronaldinho_milan_montaj.jpg

Man of the Match

AC Milan now face a tricky SMFA Shield match against Napoli on monday, with a totally different team expected to start, before playing their first game at home against Catania on Wednesday.

Transfer News

After the signings of egyptian duo Mido and Aboutraika, a number of players are expected to join the club in the next 24 hours. Ronaldinho is on his way out after his MOTM performance tonight, he will join Valencia, in a deal seeing David Silva joining the italian club. Kaladze and Favalli have had offers accepted for them, but are down to medicals being passed for the players involved on both sides.

Fillipo Inzaghi, Andrea Pirlo, Gennaro Gattuso, Clarence Seedorf, Ambrosini, Alessandro Nesta, Gianluca Zambrotta and Marek Jankulovski still all for sale, p/ex.

lega_calcio_logo1.gif

746_1215505679.jpgNapoli 1-2 Lazio111_1193150063.gif

Cristian Ledesma (33)

Eliseu Pereira (63)

Fabio Quagliarella (83)

32463_centrocampista_portuguC3A9s_Eliseu_Pereira_dos_Santos_del_MC3A1laga_grande.jpg

Eliseu Pereira The Difference Against Napoli

It was a Mild evening in Naples, Italy, It was the Big Serie A Kick-Off for the New Season, Napoli Hosted Lazio, Both Sides Newly Mannaged, Napoli by Ryhs Evans and Lazio By Nick Justice. Both Fans Awaiting the Opening Game, And Stats Shown, It was Not a Bad Game for both Sets of Fans. Lazio came out on top on the Opening Game. In a Match That Was Between two Sides challanging for Europa League Competition this Season. Napoli Lost Marek Hamsik to Injury Mid-Way through Second Half, whish Is a Masiive Loss for Napoli. However Lazio Edged Up Top, As Napoli couldnt Finish. LAzio finishng was Very Slick!, Napoli will need to Practice Shooting on the Training field. Now For the Match Report; Napoli had the Kick-Off, At The start of the Game it was end To End stuff with both Sides Cancelling Each Other Out and even Contest All Over the field, a Star Player From The Start was Eliseu Pereira who was brough in from Malaga Before Justice Began as Lazio Coach. Hes Been Ver Good in these Early stages, Despite All the Chances by Both Sides Its still 0-0. It was About A Third of the Way Through the Game When the Lead was Taken and It was By Lazio who ahd shown a bit more Spark than Napoli Early on, and it was Argentine Central Midfielder Cristian Ledesma who Grabbed Himself a Goal. 1-0 Lazio was the Way it ended at the Break, a Fair Result so far, Could we be in for Shocks Wihtin the Second Half? I Don tThink So It'll be a Close Game as it was Written. The Second Half Kicked off, and the Early Stages were pretty much the same as the Opening 10 minutes or so, Very Even. Lazio's Central Area has been great this Game, Playing it off the the Strikers Eliseu Pereira shinning Very Much for me this Game. The Second Goal didnt come intill Midway through the 2nd Half when Much Deserved Portugese Center Midfielder Eliseu Pereira Much Deservadly Got Himself a Goal 2-0 LAzio, They Will Probably Defend and Try keep the Lead, As Napoli ahve made many of Chances Just not Finished Them!, Nearing the Last 5 minutes Napoli Grabbed a Goal from Italian International Fabio Quagliarella, But It wasnt enough as Lazio Held onto thier Lead and Gave Them an Opening Game Win!, A Tight Game, And maybe if Napoli got their finsihing Better We Could have seen a Draw Tonight but its Lazio who Travel home Victorias. After The Game We caught Up with both Justice and Evans!

Lazio Coach Nick Justice " I am Delighted with my Teams Performance, all Credit to Napoli They Could have easily won it. We off to the Best Start and If we Continue to preform well, We will hopfulyl do well through out the Season It is Only Day 1, So Many Games left and we will look to do well this year, my First year in Serie A!,Eliseu Pereira was Amazing for us today and he was Great Down the Center Setting Us up on oppertunites and getting us the Girl Which ended up Winning Us the Game, I am Delighted with our Team and The Win Tonight, We Need To Maybe work a bit with our Strikers and Defence Still but we were Very good Tonight I think, But I want To Wish Luck To Napoli, Next Wedesday we face another tought task at Fiorentina, A Top, Top side, so shall be a hard Game, But I think we Can do well Thier!"

Napoli Boss Ryhs Evans " Today I was delighted with the performance from my midfield, but we slacked a bit at the back and Infront of Goal, created alot of chances but not taken enough of them after 30 shots, We Have Milan in the Europa League Monday In a Game I shall be playing our Second Side Giving our First Team lads a Rest after Tonights Game. Also we sufferd a Massive Blow This Evening Marek Hamsik picked up a knock and will miss the next three games, Which will be a big loss tonight, However We shall pick up from this Result and Only Improve, It was an even contest all due Respect to Lazio Players,Manager and The Way They Played However I think maybe we would have Nabed it at the Last but It Wasnt to Be, We will look for a Win In the Next Serie A Game On Wednesday and Try to Improve on Todays Game!"

The Moscow Times

spartak-moskva.gif

Zigic and Chimbonda to Spartak?

Today media reports stated that Serbian striker Nikola Zigic and French right back Pascal Chimbonda are on their way to Moscow and will arrive tomorrow. "Yes, they are the 2 other players we were hoping to sign, but nothing is concrete until they arrive here tomorrow" said manager Rolando Espino. With these 2 players the 3 deals promised by Espino will be complete, but that doesn't mean that there won't be more signings. Espino is said to be interested in Carlos Vela of Arsenal and will try hard to bring the Mexican Winger even though Arsenal insists on not selling the youngster.

Goias have been active in the transfer market, as they captured the signatures of 16 players.

Cuero and Vasquez both joined from Millonarios for 10k each, Gosztonyi and Lencse joined for a combined fee of 750k from MTK Hungaria, Francois joined for 350k from Excelsior Mouscron, Fodor joined from Debreceni VSC for 375k. Escudero and Takahashi joined for 760k from Urawa Red Diamonds, Lodeiro joins from Nacional for 2.9m + Rafael and Pituca. Galev and Kamburov joins from Lokomotiv Sofia for 225k and (225k+Fabricio Carvalho) respectively , Nogueira joins from Sochaux for only 275k. Valencia completes 55k signing from America de Cali, Shaqiri joins for 1.1m from FC Basel. Lindegaard moves for 175k from Odense BK, while Carlao joins from União de Leiria for 550k.

Inter's Three New Signings

Robinho

robinho_e.jpg

The Brazzilian sensation Robinho joined from Money Spending Giants. "I wasnt happy there.

Many good players were joining and most of the old players were forgotten. I realised it was the same for me when i joined. But I wanted to play somewhere else and when Inter came knoking i was their Man" - Robinho. Robinho joined in a swap deal for Mancinni and Queresma. "I felt this was a good deal, Mancinni has shown his desire to leave ad Queresma doesnt fit here. Robinho has already played a match in which he impressed in. I hope him the best" - Aaron Dhandli.

Pandev

blogimg_5383_31500-20090610172032673203.jpg

Pandev is set to join Inter from a cosidered Rival Lazio. Pandev joins Inter in a deal that is yet to be fully completed. Right now it will see Balotelli leave, and soon Burdisso. The departure of Balotelli is a steep one acording to Aaron Dhandli. "I did not really wont to see Balotelli go. He is a great footballer and would have helped us in the long term. But he has shown a desire to leave so it looks like he will help us in the short term" - Aaron

Defour

Steven-Defour-celeb-v-Everton_1257784.jpg

A small signing some may consider, Aaron disagree's. "He is a very promosing player and fans should expect to here more about him" - Aaron Dhandli

Guest drseanfitz

FC Twente 1-2 Standard Liege

Belgian side Standard Liege got of to the perfect start in their first season in the Dutch league with this victory at one of the pre-season title favourites.

Serbian forward Milan Jovanovic scored both goals and nabbed the Man of the Match award at the same time.

Transfers News

Alex Witsel left on a eyebrow raising swap deal with fellow Belgian club Anderlecht. The deal saw Lucas Biglia and Romelo Lukaku move to the Maurice Dufrasne.

Steven Defour is set to join Italian giants Inter in a swap deal that wil bring in Brazilian Thiago Motta and Austrian Marko Arnautovic, with a small amount of money coming in too.

Josh Thompson has arrived from Glasgow Celtic for a fee of 50k

Carlo Monti has arrived from Greenock Morton for a 40k fee

Ahmed Sharbini has arrived from Hadjuk split for £2.9million, the club had also attempted to sign his brother Anas, however Swansea beat them to the midfielder

3 More English Players arive at Sunderland

Emile Heskey

emile-heskey-england-home-shirt.jpg

England Internation Striker has became the latest player to join Chris Davies's all English revelution at Sunderland. Heskey will have a huge role to play for the club this coming season as the star studded adition to the squad and by far the most high profile player. Can he and Darren Bent strike up a good partnership and give leauge one defenders nightmares? Im sure Davies is certainly hoping he can.

David Dunn

david-dunn.JPG

David Dunn is another player to join the ranks at Sunderland. The former England u-21's captain will be hoping he can leave behind the memories of a poor second spell at blackburn and start all guns blazing for his new club

CataniaCalcioLogo.gifas-bari.JPG

3-2

Every team wants to get off to a bright start and its fair to say Catania did. The first half had all the makings of another average game. 1-0 at half time to Bari, Paulo Barreto opening his account. After a hasty team talk Catania came out in the second half looking alot brighter, Jorge Martinez scored just 3 minutes into the second half. 7 minutes later, Pablo Ledesma's curling shot from outside the box put Catania infront. Giuseppe Mascara poked in a third as Catania began to sit back. However Paulo Barreto popped up again to score his second. However, Catania held off numerous attacks from Bari to claim all three points. Both teams can be happy with their attacking performances but less happy defensively.

New signings should be bought in before Catania's first real test of the season against a revved up Milan.

Man Of The Match

Giuseppe-Mascara.jpg

A fine performance from Catania's number one hitman. He'll certainly be training alot harder in an attempt to break down the mighty Milan's defence on Wednesday night.

Transfer Latest

Adrian Ramos has been bought in as a fourth option in attack. IN response Gionatha Spinesi has requested a transfer.

Vegard Forren has been bought in to strengthen the defence. Also, Rodrigo Digao joins from Standard Liege (he has been placed on the loan list)

Haibin Zhou has also joined Catania in a deal believed to be worth around £4 million.

And Finally, Christian Silvestri, Genarro Sardo, Ezequiel Carboni and Adrian Richiutti have all been placed on the transfer list.

Inter Update

Cambiasso and Viera

The saga involving Cambiasso seemed to have him set to join Chelsea. But it know seems certain that he will join Sporting Cp. The news shocked many, mainly Inter Fans. But the full content of the deal has been announced by Aaron Dhandli. "The deal will see first Viera depart, with highley rated cb Carrico join. Then after Cambiasso will leave and Veloso and Moutinho join" - Aaron Dhandli

cambiasso1.jpg

Lampard

Were many believed the meeting between Chelsea and Inter was to decide a deal for Cambiasso. But istead it sees Lampard set to join Inter. The deal will see Stankovic and Muntari go to Chelsea. "I feel that this deal will work with the Cambiasso deal. Lampard to be our strong midfielder ad Veloso and Moutinho replace Stankovic and Muntari" - Aaron Dhandli.

50474lampard.jpg

746_1215505679.jpg

Napoli lose in close game with Lazio

746_1215505679.jpg111_1193150063.gif

Napoli 1 v 2 Lazio

Ledesma 33"

Eliseu 63"

Quagliarella 83"

Evans had this to say after the game

Was an excellent game between the two teams, we were very creative but not clinical enough infront of goal, we created so many chances but only found the net once, but I feel we can move on from this.We have a european game Monday night but to be honest i'm going to be concentrating on the league this season, Will need to bolster my defence as I feel they didnt perform that well, ive got a few targets lined up at the moment so hopefully we can get them deals done before the game with Bari on wednesday. Would also like to congratulate Nick at Lazio for his team's fine performance and I will look forward to the second game later in the year.

Evans brings in new faces

0,,5305419,00.jpg

Lucas Neill joins after being a free agent, its a massive gamble from Evans but we all know Neill is a veteran in defence.

11759.3.jpg

Talented youngster Samir Stilic joins from Lech Poznan for an undisclosed fee

dayro%20moreno(2).jpg

Colombian starlet Dayro Moreno joins for an undisclosed fee from Steaua Becuresti.

The Moscow Times

spartak-moskva.gif

Spartak Crushes Portuguese Giants

Today Spartak crushed Portuguese giants FC Porto in a 3-0 game.The match goals came from Luka Modric, Soares Welliton, and Martin Stranzl. Modric continues to impress everyone since his arrival. Playing like this, there should be no obstacle for Spartak to take the Russian league by storm. "Yes, I am very happy to see that things are working out perfectly for me here in Russia" said Modric after the game.

38680.jpg

Man of The Match Luka Modric.

305330.jpg

Welliton battled like a fierce warrior all game long scoring 1 goal and hitting the post twice.

theDIV5Story

180px-Chester_City_FC.svg.png

Bright Start Sees Chins Up For Bright Future

As most will know all managers start somewhere. Usually it happens in this league. Chester City's league, England's division 5. This might not be the case with Jason Pun announcing the news of his management at Chester City. It was a shock to the media to see Jason going to such a "weak" team but he said that he wanted a challenge and this was just the thing to "challenge" him.

He said transfers may or may not be made, he said he needs to think over if he either wants to buy lots of players or buy none at all. He was given only 2 million to start the campaign so when he means buy a lot im sure he also means he will sell a lot.

With no real changes to the squad they headed into their first match. A tricky one against Oxford. It would be a tough game and most predictions were that Chester would be the losers in this game.

It took only 7 minutes for Chester to break the deadlock.

"Damien Mozika the 20 year old french forward finds the ball at the top of the box and lashes one low and into the far corner with amazing pace."

Chester weren't done yet as after 31 there was another goal

"The ball goes all the way back to the keeper..... Oh my goodness he seems to have missed the catch. He's scurrying back to get it but Tim Ryan gets there ahead of him and taps it home. What was the keeper thinking!?"

Finally after 71 minutes Oxford found a response.

"Lining up the corner... It comes over... surely Butler has this. Oh! Skouloudis out jumps Butler and nods one home! 2-1!"

The pressure kept up and 6 minutes later oxford found the equalizer

"Byrne brings it forward and.. he lashes onto it oh my goodness what a sensational strike by Bryne!"

Both managers were looking uneasy... but one team would prevail 5 minutes from time

"David Mannix, looking for the right pass.. no real pressure on him he takes his time and then plays the through ball to Mozika. He's one on one! Mozika.... FINISHES!"

At the whistle the score was 3-2 and Chester got the away win. Chester dominated the game and got the result they wanted.

111_1193150063.gif

balotellilazio.png

Mario Balotelli Makes Switch From Inter to Lazio...

Today as Goran Pandev Moved to Serie A Rivals Internazionale, Mario Balotelli Made His Move to Lazio, whilst Nicolás Burdisso, Is Still Agreeing a work Permit from the Italian SMFA Board of Directors, he Needs an International Clearance, although Having been capped 26 times by Argentina in Shall not be a Problem and That deal of £7.5million will Go Trhough Tommorow as Part of Deal for Goran Pandev. In Other Transfer News Lazio Have signed some Younger Players to imrpove thier Youth Team, The biggest being 16 year Old Emmanuel Mbola, who has been hinted to eb a Future star being a Full International at only 16 years of age! he joined for a fee of £2million from FC Pyunik, The Zambian has been followed by many Big Clubs but Lazio won the Battle for his signature, after Emmanuel Mbola himself Said He Desiers to play for Lazio. Amoung the Other youths Joint and Set to join was Former Spurs Striker Tomáš Pekhart who left Czech side Slavia Praha to make his £2million move To Italy. Lazio Boss Nick Justice said " I am happy with all my signings so far however we have many more Transfers to Come as we have a big big budget of over £56million, We have had a few Transfers Accepted and I will let you know more Tommorow Apon who these players are. We Have also been in long Negotiats with Lyon over a young Bosnian from them and we may have reached an Agreement for him within the next 48 to 56 Hours, Also Mario Balotelli may make his Debut this Wednesday against Fiorentina!"

Barca.jpg

FC Barcelona

Barcelona couldn't have started their season any worse following a dissappointing 2-1 defeat at home against unfancied Vallodolid. The result was made even worse now that Dani Alves will miss the next 3 games due to a red card late on. The club will look to get back on track with a win in the SMFA Cup against Werder Bremen tonight.

VillaMata.jpg

Villa & Mata - Spainish duo join Barca!

Barcelona finally announced some long-awaited transfer news with the arrivals of Spainish duo Sanchez DAVID VILLA and Juan Manuel MATA to the Camp Nou. It is believed Barca were also interested and almost lured fellow Spainard David SILVA to the club but Milan won the race for his signature as negiotations were carried out for Mata and Villa. The fee is Zlatan Ibrahimovic in a straight swap for Villa with Mata arriving for Seydou KEITA and cash.

It is believed that Barcelona are looking to sign mainly Spainish players in the transfer window and the coup of Mata and Villa is believed to be the beggining of this with several more big names linked with the club including Jose REINA, Garcia SERGIO RAMOS, Jose FERNANDO TORRES and Raul ALBIOL...

The Moscow Times

spartak-moskva.gif

Italian Star Arrives On Surprise Deal

Italian Striker Vincenzo Iaquinta arrived today at Spartak as a surprise after the deal for Nikola Zigic was cancelled when manager Rolando Espino refused to let his youngsters leave for Zigic. "Well, Zigic wasn't the kind of striker I would swap 2 good youngsters for, and Iaquinta obviously has that talent that even wants to make me swap 3 players hahaha" responded Espino in a humorous way when asked why Iaquinta and not Zigic. Chimbonda is expected to arrive sometime this week as Tottenham chairman is really acting up on the deal. Spartak's next game is today against German giants Leverkusen for the SMFA Shield. "We expect to come back with a positive result that'll help us breathe here in Russia" stated Brazilian star Soares Welliton.

Vincenzo%20Iaquinta%20%28Udinese%29%20%28Omega%29.jpg

Iaquinta has 32 International caps.

91_front_small.gif52_1195026324.gif303_front_small.gif

Peterborough United 0 v 2 Newcastle United

Taylor (52)

Jonas Gutierrez (72)

Man of the Match

Jonas Gutierrez

3618_1247394516.jpg

Newcastle started their campaign in divison 2 with a 2-0 victory over new boys peterborough united. Newcastle dominated the match and it should of been more than 2-0 nil. Newcastle Manager, Myran Szostak, spoke to SMTV and said " It is very good that we won our first game and I think we will have a succesfull season. The squad is very strong for its division and I have still have £20m in the transfer budget"

Next Match: Tonight vs Darlington

111_1193150063.gif

hernan.jpg

Hernán Bernardello, One Of Three To Join Lazio

Today S.S Lazio Have Added 3 Players Hernán Bernardello, Nicolás Burdisso and Andrea Poli, On the 3 they Spent a combained fee of £17.2million, Aswell as Ousame Dabo who made Switch to Spanish Side Almeria as part of Hernán Bernardello deal. Whilst Lyon's Bosnian Miralem Pjanic joins on a Season-Long Loan. In Total Now S.S Lazio have spent £21.7Million, and have £38.8million Still left in the Bank!, S.S Lazio Say They have had a few Bids Accepted for a Few Younger Players, and will sign quiet a few more players Within the Next Few Weeks! One name that popped up was Marco Rossi from Sampdoria and Could Join Andrea Poli at S.S Lazio. Lazio can also Comfirm that they have had a bid for 17 year old Goalkeeper Sascha Studer from FC Aarau Aswlel as a Bid for French Forward Sloan Privat from Sochaux. Lazio Boss Nick Justice said " I am delighted with my Signings So far and will still look to add a few more!, We have a good Squad at the Moment however theyre are still a few targets I have and some players id idealy like to let go, weather that be in a Deal or just selling them off for some cash, which right now We really do not need we have alot as it is!"

44_1201797906.gif4-0 5_1241541577.jpg

Fernando Torres scored a double to send Liverpool 2-0 up at half time and Dirk Kuyt and Albert Riera scored a goal each after the break to put Liverpool in cruise control. The win sends the Anfield outfit top of the Premier League after the first round of games but they face a much sterner test with Roma coming to Anfield in the SMFA Cup tonight. Liverpool will rest key players like Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Jamie Carragher and Albert Riera dropping out of the team.

Tonights starting XI

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Aurelio

Benayoun Mascherano Aquilani Babel

Voronin Kuyt