Have you Ever represented Your county/province

Campbell

Re: Have you Ever represented Your county/province

Hi i was just wondering have you ever represented your county or your province at any sport?i don't want to turn this into a bragging thread just a thread so you can share your achivements.

Ill start by saying i'm playing tennisfor Ulster on Saturday:)

Yus i have played for Bridgend and got through in my trial recently

Played football for Somerset from when I was 11 until 13. But it meant I couldn't play for another club, and when Exeter came in, I gave it up.

I also did represent Soemrset in Tennis up until recently, as i've been out since May with a broken collarbone from all sports, and when i'm back fit, i'll have too go through the trails too keep my place in the Tennis side. :(

I got to the trials of my province Western Cape in South Africa for rugby and athletics but didnt make the final squad. Believe it or not i did make the team for chess! Represented WP in chess for 4years between 1999-2004

• 1 year later...

Represented my athletics club (Newham and Essex Beagles, which Mo Farah also represents) in Met League which is cross-country racing during the Autmun/Winter of 2010/11. I competed in the senior section so in each one I did 8K over varying surfaces, so sometimes you're on grass, very small sections on pathways and some parts are pure mud. Because I was (and still am) 17 when I competed I was one of, if not the youngest person at that level. My times were generally in the low 40 minutes but this time round I feel a lot fitter, I have proper spikes and I did a 10K road race in March that went through the Olympic Park and I did that in 44:20 (which was in the top 8-9% of the 2500 people or so that did it), although that's a far cry from Mo Farah's 26:46.57 (although there were some athletes that are considered to be pretty good and they could "only" manage 30/31 minutes).

I feel much fitter than I ever have at the moment because I'm able to do more runs on my own as I'm on holiday, now I've finished my A-level exams. Also I feel I can go at a quick pace for longer (although I don't usually do 8K runs on my own, usually 2-3K).

If I get into uni next year I'd love to have a crack at the football team. Although I'm not sure my 160cm and 52kg build will do me any good, what with the silly selection process that exists.

Last Summer I represented Wales in a 5 a side tournament against Scotland & England. There were 2 teams from each country, & we finished 3rd, the top Welsh team. :P From year 7 to year 10 I also played at county level (RCT) at centre back. Haven't been any further than that in football mind due to height issues (turned down at Cardiff 5 times) & since have had to move to right-back.

Last Summer I represented Wales in a 5 a side tournament against Scotland & England. There were 2 teams from each country' date=' & we finished 3rd, the top Welsh team. :P From year 7 to year 10 I also played at county level (RCT) at centre back. Haven't been any further than that in football mind due to height issues (turned down at Cardiff 5 times) & since have had to move to right-back.[/quote']

Yeah I always worry I'll get turned down by any football club because of my small size (which I think is incredibly unfair and just represent how size is more important than skill in this country). How tall are you?

Yeah I always worry I'll get turned down by any football club because of my small size. How tall are you?

5'3. 5'4 on a good day. :P I've given up on trying to go far, it's more an enjoyment thing now, unless your tall or have immense talent you won't go far in Britain.

5'3. 5'4 on a good day. :P I've given up on trying to go far' date=' it's more an enjoyment thing now, unless your tall or have immense talent you wnon't go far in Britain.[/quote']

Yeah I'm 5'3'' too and most of my friends who I play football with are about my height, and they have a lot more natural talent than a lot of top British players. I doubt talent alone will get you far here; physicality though will. At least you aren't prejudiced like that in Athletics. :)

Yeah I'm 5'3'' too and most of my friends who I play football with are about my height' date=' and they have a lot more natural talent than a lot of top British players. [b']I doubt talent alone will get you far here; physicality though will.[/b] At least you aren't prejudiced like that in Athletics. :)

Personally I think unless you have both they won't even look at you. I wasn't too bad a player 2 years ago, but my height & touch let me down. But that's another conversation for another day. :P

I did represent my country which is Moldova at various levels till U-16level at soccer also I played for my local teams Zimbru which I didn't get first team action due to bad relations with the coach and CSC Buicani been there for 2 years playing as a captain won the league 3 times and the cup 2 times in 4 seasons also having some other individual awards.Then I moved to England for a year in Manchester got into to Youth Squad of MU with the NR.24 shirt as I play Defensive Midfield I wasn't used as much in the First 11, then i had a position changed I started to play an LB as well as CB.Then I moved to USA in Pennsylvania I played for Philadelphia Unions after a one year impressive start for me I had an offer for a 6 year contract with all the payments included as I was on the verge moving to my homeland Moldova.My parents disagreed with that deal and I had to decline it I left America in tears as that was a real opportunity wasted.When I returned to Moldova to CSC Buicani I hoped I had my spot as the team captain saved and I would be welcomed with love, but that wasn't the case In that two year interval the coach was changed and I had problems with the coach as well with his tactics and after not getting game time I was relegated to the second Youth Team I couldn't support that and I kind of retired from sport after this case but I still kick the ball around as an amateur.

Personally I think unless you have both they won't even look at you. I wasn't too bad a player 2 years ago' date=' but my height & touch let me down. But that's another conversation for another day. :P[/quote']

Wrong.

If your good enough they will take you up.