Polish Risers.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

polflag.gif

Poland

KASPRZIK, Grzegorz

Last season, Grzegorz played very well for a poor Piast Gliwice side, but produced many fantastic displays and saves that probably kept them in the division. He was rewarded with a move to Lech Poznan, and has only conceded 1 goal in the league this season. It won’t be long before he gets called up to the Polish NT.

Position: GK

Club: Lech Poznan

Current rating: 78

Predicted rating: 83 +5

BAK, Mateusz

Just like Kasprzik, Mateusz Bak is a ‘keeper surprising everyone with performances that many didn’t think was possible. His club, Lechia Gdansk, sit 2nd in the table, and thanks to Bak, they are high in the league. Whether Lechia can continue to win so many matches is a different question, although Bak has done enough already to earn himself a little rise.

Club: Lechia Gdansk

Predicted rating: 81 +3

LUKJANOVS, Ivans

Ivans Lukjanovs arrived at Lechia Gdansk with a reputation for scoring goals, and lots of them, after bagging 14 goals in 15 games last season for Skonto Riga. Ivan has been unable to carry on his goalscoring form for Lechia Gdansk, but he is showing the potential that made him such a prolific scorer in Latvia.

Position: CF

Club: Lechia Gdansk

Predicted rating: 80 +2

MALECKI, Patryk

One of my favourite Wisla Krakow players, it is Patryk Malecki. I think he is a very good player who played well last season out of position, and is now showing everyone what he can do in his preferred position as a striker. He has already scored 2 goals this season, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he gets more than 15 this season. West Ham have been scouting him, so it isn’t just me who he has impressed. It’s surely not long before he gets called up to the NT, after also playing well for the U-21s. Malecki is in the same kind of mould as Wayne Rooney, in the sense that they are both very physical and never give less than 100% for their team. I think SM might only give him an 84 when Poland is reviewed, as he hasn’t yet played for Poland. Nevertheless, he is the future of Poland.

Position: CF (although he played as a winger last season)

Club: Wisla Krakow

Current rating: 82

Predicted rating: 84 +2

BORYSIUK, Ariel

I really like watching a young Legia Warsaw defensive midfielder called Ariel Borysiuk play, partly because he is only 18 years old but is a regular for one of the best teams in Poland. Another reason is because he is so good for his age, and you have to pinch yourself when you see him play. He is likely to rise to 82/83 following his performances for Legia Warsaw last season and this season.

Position: DM

Club: Legia Warsaw

Current rating: 80

Predicted rating: 83 +3

VAZGEC, Ivo

Ivo Vazgec was a bit of a surprise package when he joined Slask Wroclaw this summer from IFK Norrköping. However, he quickly made the Slask Wroclaw No.1 spot his own, and is now the first-choice ‘keeper for the team. It looks like Slask are going to push on from their excellent first season in the Ekstraklasa, and it certainly looks like Vazgec will be part of that.

Club: Slask Wroclaw

Current rating: 75

Predicted rating: 78 +3

SOBIECH, Artur

Artur Sobiech made his debut last season, and played most of his games by coming off the bench. This season, however, he has played more games, and has even scored 2 goals (at time of writing). He has established himself into the Ruch Chorzow lineup thanks to his goals, so I expect him to play more games and score more goals throughout the season. He has already been called up to the U-21 side for Poland.

Club: Ruch Chorzow

Current rating: 73

Predicted rating: 80 +7

CETNARSKI, Mateusz

GKS Belchatow had a very good season last time around, with Cetnarski being one of the team’s best players. Only one more player played more games than Cetnarski last season, and this young player has played in all of the games so far for Belchatow. Cetnarski has had a decent start to the season so far, but Belchatow have been unable to carry on their good form from last season. He’ll therefore only get a rise to 81.

Position: AM

Club: GKS Belchatow

Predicted rating: 81 +3

BUDZINSKI, Marcin

Last season, when Arka Gdynia was having a nightmare, there was a youngster called Marcin Budzinski restoring a bit of hope to the team that was slipping ever closer to relegation. Against all expectations, Arka Gdynia somehow survived relegation - and that was in no small part to Marcin Budzinski. Just like last season, Arka are struggling, and it appears it is up to Marcin to try and restore some pride in the battered club.

Position: CM

Club: Arka Gdynia

Predicted rating: 76 +3

GLIK, Kamil

A useful bit of trivia to start us off; Kamil Glik used to play for Real Madrid. Alright, it was only the Castilla, but you can see how Glik manages to outwit opposing strikers thanks to the experience he was given in Spain. In Poland, Kamil is one of Piast Gliwice’s most valuable assets. He is a very solid defender who I predict to have a bright future.

Position: CB

Club: Piast Gliwice

Predicted rating: 80 +2

BRUNO COUTINHO, Martins

On Soccer Manager, he doesn’t even have a real life club. But I’ve seen him on lots of times, and, when I have seen him play, he looks like a definite, no questions asked, riser. His club, Jagiellonia, were given a 10-point deduction, so their players have had to work extra hard to gain lost ground from the other teams in the league. Hermes, the excellent defensive midfielder, covers for Bruno who likes to attack opposing defences with aplomb. I don’t know how Bruno played in Brazil, but he has certainly found a place in Poland with his displays.

Position: CM

Club: Jagiellonia

Predicted rating: 80 +7

MACIEJAK, Roman

Roman Maciejak joined Piast Gliwice after scoring prolifically in the lower Polish leagues, and he's showed fleeting glimpses of his talent in his brief time at Piast Gliwice. It's true he hasn't had much time to play regularly for Gliwice, but when opportunities arise Maciejak is willing to take them. He has already scored one goal this season for Gliwice, and hopefully he'll get more chances to show everyone what he has done in previous seasons.

Club: Piast Gliwice

Current rating: 74

Predicted rating: 76 +2

TOMASIK, Piotr

Piotr Tomasik was originally dropped from this list on the grounds that he hadn't been playing enough games to warrant a rise, but he's muscled his way onto my radar with some impressive displays for Polonia Bytom. He's trying very hard to cement a regular place in Polonia's starting XI after publicly venting his frustration at a lack of regular games and it appears that has paid off.

Position: LM

Club: Polonia Bytom

Current rating: 76

Predicted rating: 78 +2

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Re: Polish Risers.

hi mate is Taduesz Socha gonna rise aswell?

To about 80. He could go higher if he gets himself more games, but he is currently 3rd choice CB, and hasn't played many games recently.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I've created the list for all the decent risers so far, although there are a few youngsters who could get on the list if they play a bit more/play a bit better during the season.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

How about Robert Lewandowski? How much will he rise to? I heard that he's very good at scoring goals.

He'll probably get 86/87 when Poland is reviewed.:)

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Nice work

But where are the Rzezniczak ' date=' Paluchowski , Inaki , Lech players and Wisla players ?

Where is Nowak ? Mucha ?[/quote']

I know those guys are all risers, but I decided to do the ones that are quite low already. I was on the verge of doing Paluchowski, but decided not to until he starts a few more league games.

Krzysztof Chrapek

whats your take on him?

i've heard he scored about 18 goals in 2nd division last season

but this season he is not getting Fwd role

how good is milan nikolic?

kamil bilinski ---- piotr tomasik----sadlok----wodecki----wilczek----budzinski

what could they rise to :)

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Krzysztof Chrapek

whats your take on him?

i've heard he scored about 18 goals in 2nd division last season

but this season he is not getting Fwd role

I had him added today' date=' so it'll be hard trying to predict what he will rise to, especially when he's as high as 78.

how good is milan nikolic?

I haven't seen much of him, but he scored a nice goal against Lech Poznan at the weekend. Hopefully, he'll score a few more goals.

kamil bilinski

I had him added. He's restricted to cameo appearances from the substitute bench' date=' so it's hard to try and gauge how good he is.

piotr tomasik

Again, I had him added. I didn't see any of him last season, when he started games, so it's hard to try and tell you how good he played. He's just had cameo appearances this season, but he could get a rise to 78 for it all.

sadlok

I made a thread on him.

wodecki

Never really noticed Wodecki' date=' but most of my attention when I've been watching Odra has been on Matulevicius. Sorry.

wilczek

Just look at this thread.

budzinski

Got him for a rise to 76, and he's even on the first post. It's not hard for you to look, is it ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Dropped to reserve team already.

Why has he been dropped ? He's been playing alright recently IMO and, as far as I know, Legia haven't signed another central midfielder.

Our dumb coach Urban used to play 3 midfielders in center and they are (were) Iwański, Roger and only his favourite - Giza. All three are offensive midfielders :eek: . Giza and Iwanski have unquestionable positions in Urban eleven so Borysiuk has no chance to even compete with them. After kickin' Roger to AEK appear a chance for "Vizir" to play but i hope our coach to change the formation to 442 at last... If he will change tactic, ther wont be place for Borysiuk again. But if he will continue playing those stupid 451 Borysiuk may play. Remember that also Jarzebowski is recovering from long term injury and he is quality DM.

Summarize, Borysiuk has a lot of competition in first team place. He is young, has to play. Thats why he has ben droped to second team. Maybe soon he will back. Will see. In youngster match he was best on the place. Also played 30 min in U-21 game against Spain.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Razzcocks

I've added a few more risers to the list, in anticipation for the Polish review. It'll probably be next week at the earliest, judging from SM's track record of rating countries.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Grzegorz KASPRZIK 78 - 83 Correct prediction

Mateusz BAK 78 - 80

Ivans LUKJANOVS 78 - 80 Correct prediction

Patryk MALECKI 82 - 84 Correct prediction

Ariel BORYSIUK 80 - 83 Correct prediction

Ivo VAZGEC 75 - 78 Correct prediction

Artur SOBIECH 73 - 78

Mateusz CETNARSKI 78 - 80

Marcin BUDZINSKI 73 - 77

Kamil GLIK 78 - 80 Correct prediction

Martins BRUNO COUTINHO 73 - 80 Correct prediction

Roman MACIEJAK 74 - 74

Piotr TOMASIK 76 - 77

So, Poland has been reviewed. It'll be a long time before it'll be reviewed again, and I wonder which talents I will be unearthing next time. It's been an enjoyable time thus far, hopefully I will continue to enjoy scouting Poland for longer.

Grzegorz KASPRZIK 78 - 83 Correct prediction

Mateusz BAK 78 - 80

Ivans LUKJANOVS 78 - 80 Correct prediction

Patryk MALECKI 82 - 84 Correct prediction

Ariel BORYSIUK 80 - 83 Correct prediction

Ivo VAZGEC 75 - 78 Correct prediction

Artur SOBIECH 73 - 78

Mateusz CETNARSKI 78 - 80

Marcin BUDZINSKI 73 - 77

Kamil GLIK 78 - 80 Correct prediction

Martins BRUNO COUTINHO 73 - 80 Correct prediction

Roman MACIEJAK 74 - 74

Piotr TOMASIK 76 - 77

So' date=' Poland has been reviewed. It'll be a long time before it'll be reviewed again, and I wonder which talents I will be unearthing next time. It's been an enjoyable time thus far, hopefully I will continue to enjoy scouting Poland for longer.[/quote']

Nice predictions, regret not getting more of the players for more of my clubs.

• 2 months later...