Anyone nearly made it professional?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good friend of mine had trials at United as a young lad and impressed them immensly.

He was banging 10-15 goals in every week at Sunday League Boys level, and was tipped to go far.

Unluckily he came off a motorbike and damaged his ankle, wrecking his pro chances.

He became depressed and tried killing himself by crashing a car into a wall.

He was in intensive care for 6 months and now has plates in his head, legs and arms.

He has'nt played football since his accident, about 5 years ago.

Well a friend of my dads actually was very close to going pro. He used to play as a goalie and would have made it to pro for a great team (cnt member name :() but the coach came to him and said your too short. Hehe pretty funny story. But great thing is he actually has his signature on a wall of a resturant with 2 English soccer heroes. Charlton and someone else (not good with names>.<). Just thought id share the story. He's like 40 now so:( but he was a great keeper.

Just thought id share a small story cause im bored to hell waiting to see what the result for my game was.

i did a trial at coventry but pulled out cuz of the distance i am in the Kidderminster harriers running hehe.

i am going to an Aston Villa Trial in feb so hopefully

Good luck mate. My dad had trials there. And Wolves. But the main game his dad him play although he had the flu.

Days later was bed ridden for a week. He did play for Kings Lynn for 3 seasons tho.

Hope you make. Hey, just remember who your mates are. Heh heh! :D

Hey guys i could prob make it to some div3/4 maybe higher as a goalie just dont know how to apply for a trial. I have a better chance at making cricket' date=' i already play the occasionaly 5th grade match.

I know steve and mark waugh they made it pro big time.[/quote']

Ask Samthedevil mate. He is having trials.

Also this is a funny story.

I guy I used to know called Steve. He was a goalie.

And he applied to.............wait for it.............48 professional team. How does he know.

He has kept every single rejection letter. Ha ha. Now thats funny!!!

Ask Samthedevil mate. He is having trials.

Also this is a funny story.

I guy I used to know called Steve. He was a goalie.

And he applied to.............wait for it.............48 professional team. How does he know.

He has kept every single rejection letter. Ha ha. Now thats funny!!!

Just realised what I said. Oobee!!! You live in Ozzie!!! Damn. No chance of you having trials at Aston Villa.

Wouldn't say close, but had several years at Wimbledon (MK Dons for those youngsters!) and Charlton Atheltic at Academy level. Played for my district, London School of Excellence and all that stuff too.

Was released at 16 years old. I knew I wasn't quick enough to make it so no great surprise! Played with and against some top players. Scott Parker and Jamaine Defoe when at Charlton. Played against Shaun Wright-Phillips many times (rival teams in Greenwich schools, districts, etc) whom i used to mark out of the game. Never got the best of me and I didn't really rate him! Oh how things have changed!

Ben Chorley (MK Dons skipper, now Gillingham) also played with at school.

well a lad at my school plays for man united called oliver norwood he is really good and will make it pro also chris casper went my school former man united player also jimmy anderson(england cricketer) went my high school(st theodores/blessed trinity) and hopefully my mate ben mckenna will play pro as he plays for burnley now

well a lad at my school plays for man united called oliver norwood he is really good and will make it pro also chris casper went my school former man united player also jimmy anderson(england cricketer) went my high school(st theodores/blessed trinity) and hopefully my mate ben mckenna will play pro as he plays for burnley now

if we talking about famous people that have been to my school, then chris powell and fulhams womens captain have :D

Well the best i got as far as actually playing/making it professional

was when i played 90 minutes (yes the whole 90 minutes!) for Woking.

I scored aswell..

I did get a lot of trials for football league clubs, and did have a week trial

at Everton, which was a pain to get too, but it was great experience.

I used to have good ball control and plenty of pace on the wing because

i was pretty small ish, around 5-10 in those days. im taller now AND SLOWER :(

But yea, Woking for me, trials at Everton, Derby, Notts County, Gillingham and coventry. All great experience and great fun.