Sign in to follow this  
WRETCHRO

World IAAF Athletic Championships Berlin

Re: World IAAF Athletic Championships Berlin

Boom Bang

100m Womens Hurdles 1st & 3rd for Jamaica...

Dominating all the sprint events...

And 800m :eek:

South African WoMAN DOMINATED getting gold with Jenny Meadows running a good 800m for Bronze..

Yohan Blake & Dexter Lee.. will be the future!

Watch out for them Blake is only 19 i think and has a time of 9.93 and he will improve! A shame he couldnt make these championships.

Couldn't make the championships eh?

"Prior to the 2009 World Championships, Blake (along with 4 other athletes) tested positive for the stimulant methylxanthine. A disciplinary panel organised by the Jamaican Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) cleared him of a doping infraction on the grounds that the drug was not on the World Anti-Doping Agency's banned list. However, JADCO appealed their own panel's ruling, stating that the athlete should be disciplined as the drug was similar in structure to the banned substance tuaminoheptane. As the panel would resolve the issue after the World Championships, the Jamaica Amateur Athletic Association took the precaution of withdrawing Blake from any involvement in this year's World Championships"

He ran 9.93 in Paris back in July but you have to question the authenticity of his performances. Unfortunately with 5 athletes failing drugs tests it inevitably casts a slight shadow over Jamaica's current domination of the sprint events. (Having said all that I have to say I do enjoy seeing the American athletes getting beaten!)

Couldn't make the championships eh?

"Prior to the 2009 World Championships' date=' Blake (along with 4 other athletes) tested positive for the stimulant methylxanthine. A disciplinary panel organised by the Jamaican Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) cleared him of a doping infraction on the grounds that the drug was not on the World Anti-Doping Agency's banned list. However, JADCO appealed their own panel's ruling, stating that the athlete should be disciplined as the drug was similar in structure to the banned substance tuaminoheptane. As the panel would resolve the issue after the World Championships, the Jamaica Amateur Athletic Association took the precaution of withdrawing Blake from any involvement in this year's World Championships"

He ran 9.93 in Paris back in July but you have to question the authenticity of his performances. Unfortunately with 5 athletes failing drugs tests it inevitably casts a slight shadow over Jamaica's current domination of the sprint events. (Having said all that I have to say I do enjoy seeing the American athletes getting beaten!)[/quote']

What can you say, he was tested and caught with a very mediocre caffeine like drug thats not even on the Anti-Doping Agencys banned list. But the Jamaican Federation have delt with him rightly by not letting him enter the Championships and ruining Jamaicas reputation...

I see no shadows over Jamaicas domination as no big names have touched drugs...and its not like we just started producing sprinters...