Sign in to follow this  
Kieran Smith

100m New World Recored

Re: 100m New World Record 9.58

That bloke is something special, there is always a number one sprinter for every generation, that win the majority of events, but he is different, he is out of this world. Will be a legend, and will change the face of athletics forever.

Tyson ***, finished second, 2 meters behind him, yet he set a US record and was just off the previous WR set by Bolt :eek::eek:

When he broke the world record in Beijing last year he appeared to not even try in the last 20M.....I didn't see this race but i imagine he can go quicker.

He will go down in history as the greatest sprinter who ever lived and it will take someone super human to go anywhere near him in future

In Manchester he did an 150m race and at the split of the 100m he was at 8.7secs

Nah, I think that was just for a flat hundred metres, not the first hundred. He's good, but he's not that good.

Absolutely astonishing time, usually you would suggest that that time wouldn't be beaten for years and years, but you almost think Bolt can do it again whenever he wants. Roll on the 200.

When he broke the world record in Beijing last year he appeared to not even try in the last 20M.....I didn't see this race but i imagine he can go quicker.

He will go down in history as the greatest sprinter who ever lived and it will take someone super human to go anywhere near him in future

Completely agree with the last paragraph' date=' the race was immense, i cant physically imagine him going quicker, but he probably will. Was breath taking

, i imagine this would of been the time he would of recorded at the Olyimpics if he didnt start to jog lol

That Steve Cram said it today unless his ment to say 9.7 but now thats ordinary for him.:confused:

It would have to be 8.7, if he could do that time, at a split 100 of a 150m race, he would of broke the current WR years ago, he clearly ran it at 9.7 lol, and yes he does that easy in a 100m race but considering he still has another 50m to go thats a quick time.

Yeah with his king kong impression thing lol :D

Completely agree with the last paragraph' date=' the race was immense, i cant physically imagine him going quicker, but he probably will. Was breath taking

, i imagine this would of been the time he would of recorded at the Olyimpics if he didnt start to jog lol

It would have to be 8.7, if he could do that time, at a split 100 of a 150m race, he would of broke the current WR years ago, he clearly ran it at 9.7 lol, and yes he does that easy in a 100m race but considering he still has another 50m to go thats a quick time.[/quote']

What Cram meant was that he covered a 100m in that race in 8.7s. Not the first 100m, which is slower due to the start and getting up to speed. Once he's at full speed he can cover 100m in 8.7s. In other word between 50m and 150m took 8.7s.

Guest Toggs

I'm faster than Usain Bolt :D

Yeah, in a car. :)

Was unbelievable, Tyson Gaay finished with a time just 0.002 away from the world record, yet he was smashed by Bolt. Bolt was unreal, and he still had a cheeky look around at the end. League of his own. I think at his prime we will be looking around the 9.4/3's

When Bolt did the 200M in Beijing, he ran a 19.30, and if you divide that by 2 and put that as a 100M time, it would be a 9.65. Take away tiredness from his 200M aswell and the 9.58 he ran tonight is totally within reason.

And nothing on Chambers! Season Best of 10secs, and he was 2nd last! :o 5th ran a 9.83. He could of won with a 9.83 if he wasn't unlucky. :P