Available GC Teams (This is NOT a Discussion Thread)

Skarmory

Re: Available Teams, No Job Offers! (GC Teams Only!)

I would do whatever I could to get a team managed thats being raided. Not taken over and then quit, but actually managed. When SM stopped people giving teams to certain people thats what I was most annoyed at that I couldn't PM a person I know wanted a team and would stick with one.

Its not cheating if I post a team available on here thats being raided and I will continue to do so if I see any.

Just for the record.:)

..........So he DID take the team to deliberately scupper other peoples bids. Which is cheating. I couldn't believe my eyes reading this PM. The fact he also says that other managers in the gameworld asked him to do it makes me more worried.

Yes a ticket will be sent.

I really don't see what's wrong with this. As clearly expressed in his PM, he has done a good thing for that gameworld in saving a club from being raided and in turn forever unmanaged. That's a positive thing - you are butthurt that you lost the opportunity to raid them but if you look at it from the other side, yes he did take them over with little intention of keeping them, but now they will go on offer to someone and even if they don't take the team, another manager might pick them up when they are free and improve the GW.

Perhaps it is against the rules but sometimes common sense needs to come into play. It's a good thing that he was prepared to save the team and give a manager a chance to manage them again with no benefit to himself. It was actually pretty harsh of you to report him. :(

I really don't see what's wrong with this. As clearly expressed in his PM' date=' he has done a good thing for that gameworld in saving a club from being raided and in turn forever unmanaged. That's a positive thing - you are butthurt that you lost the opportunity to raid them but if you look at it from the other side, yes he did take them over with little intention of keeping them, but now they will go on offer to someone and even if they don't take the team, another manager might pick them up when they are free and improve the GW.

Perhaps it is against the rules but sometimes common sense needs to come into play. It's a good thing that he was prepared to save the team and give a manager a chance to manage them again with no benefit to himself. It was actually pretty harsh of you to report him. :([/quote']

Thank you mate.I will not hang my head in shame over this i hear all the time about the older gc's being ghost gameworlds because so many of the clubs have been destroyed by raiding and are not worth taking over because of this so they will remain forever unmanged.I did something i thought was the right thing to do to protect a good club and help keep a older gc alive.

i dont see that as cheating tbh.

if anything doing that is doing SM a favour. he was stopping a good team from getting raided. surely a team full of good players is better than a team stacked of cash?

cba to type anymore. but you get the drift

Its not cheating, its club hopping with to be fair a valid reason in some cases, and if SM bring in sanctions against stuff like this then they will be opening a massive can of worms around how long people would have to keep clubs and what would happen if someone only stayed with a club for 1 or 2 games.

The only time it can be deemed as cheating, would be cheating anyway and thats if someone brings in 2 accounts into the same setup

Untill SM give unmanaged clubs proper protection then this kinda of stuff will carry, and fair play, so it should imo

I approve of people trying to encourage others to take over a vacant club with a view to managing it, so posting about clubs that are available is a positive thing. For anyone bidding it is jeopardising their deal, sure, but if they are serious about getting their man then nothing stops them approaching the new manager.

What I don't think can be condoned is people taking over a club (or being encourage to take over a club) and then quitting just to bump that club into another period of transfer suspensions. This is not going to help a gameworld, it is just going to hack a lot of people off and make it worse.

SM made the decision to put a 7 day suspension period in place to limit raiding, after that the players are fair game if it still unmanaged.

If people don't like that, then they should petition SM about it rather than take it into their own hands in order to "protect" a club. It is not theirs to protect and their motives could be questioned - which is why they will probably just find themselves punished if they try and block transfer deals. Playing the vigilante is a BAD idea.

Club hopping for this reason is likely to be perceived by SM as breaking the Terms of Use, as the Terms state "Using the site in a way that we consider to ruin the experience for other users" is one such reason for suspension etc.

Anyone who says it isnt cheating needs to check the code of conduct.

There are numerous ways in which you could be deemed to have broken the rules in relation to the transfer market:

Using multiple accounts (linked to point 2) to manipulate the transfer market (also linked to points 3b' date=' 3c, 3d & 3e);

Agreeing to sell a player to another manager in one Game World in return to them selling you a player in another Game Worlds;

[b']Joining a Game World you are currently a manager in or a friend is a manager in to prevent another manager from purchasing a player (linked to point 2);[/b]

Joining a Game World you are currently a manager in or a friend is a manager in to release a player as a free agent so that they can be purchased by another club (linked to point 2);

Joining a Game World you are currently a manager in or a friend is a manager in to transfer a player in/out to benefit one club (linked to point 2);

Planning to leave a Game World you are currently a manager in and transfer a player in/out to benefit one club, and then resign from the club in question once the transfer is completed (linked to point 2);

Agreeing via Private Message to buy/sell a player(s) with another manager, and then fail to buy/sell your player(s) once you have bought/sold to them (linked to point 7).

If SoccerManager.com believe that you have broken the rules in relation to the transfer market, it may, in its sole and absolute discretion, take the appropriate action against and/or suspend your account.

Perhaps it is against the rules but sometimes common sense needs to come into play. It's a good thing that he was prepared to save the team and give a manager a chance to manage them again with no benefit to himself. It was actually pretty harsh of you to report him. :(

Well I'm sorry if you think I was harsh because I'm not a harsh person. Just for the record I wouldn't of minded missing out on the player because I miss out on players all the time.

Whether the rules of SM should be changed or not is for us to debate' date=' there are many threads on this issue. The reason I reported this [b']one [/b]case is because he said that other managers within the gameworld asked him to deliberately scupper the bids. Which is cheating!

I will be dictated to by the laws of SM but I will not be dictated to by a group of other managers who start picking and choosing which players can go where.

The reason I reported this one case is because he said that other managers within the gameworld asked him to deliberately scupper the bids. Which is cheating!

Thats not what i said is it and it was a mistake on my part when reading the message i received the manager that messaged me was not infact gc51 so he was acting in the same manner as me which was to protect the team and the gc from the raiders.

Cruzeiro and Santos gc69

Thats not what i said is it and it was a mistake on my part when reading the message i received the manager that messaged me was not infact gc51 so he was acting in the same manner as me which was to protect the team and the gc from the raiders.

Cruzeiro and Santos gc69

just wondering if he wasnt in the setup why didnt he take over ? maybe cus he knew it was against the rules ? . . . . probably, B)

have u noticed the thread name' date=' available clubs! not moan about sm thread like u seem 2 think it is!!!!! :rolleyes:[/quote']

LMAO.

what makes me laugh. is someone whos been on the forum 2 month. starts trying to tell people whos been on here for years what to do. yes it went slightly of topic. most threads do now days. you come to expect it. but it was going back onto topic when you had a skitzo momment. which if im mistaken. made the thread go off topic again?

So just shutup. as youll learn when you get involved for no reason. you tend to make the thread go even more off topiuc. even if you dont mean to.

lmao.

What makes me laugh. Is someone whos been on the forum 2 month. Starts trying to tell people whos been on here for years what to do. Yes it went slightly of topic. Most threads do now days. You come to expect it. But it was going back onto topic when you had a skitzo momment. Which if im mistaken. Made the thread go off topic again?

So just shutup. As youll learn when you get involved for no reason. You tend to make the thread go even more off topiuc. Even if you dont mean to.

ooo tetchy boy!