CPFC - The goal that never was...

Guest King Kolo

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Re: CPFC - The goal that never was...

I stand corrected :PSMART ALEC!!

image.php?u=374&dateline=1174786305BLITHERIN' IDIOT !!

While we're on the subject of that 'goal' and Roy Carroll, he moves to Odense today after being released by Derby County.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

how in the world was that goal not given anyway lol' date=' crazy stuff[/quote']

The referee was Mark Clattenburg who comes from County Durham, my home county. My brother's ex-girlfriend used to babysit his son, who was quite a terror. ;) Clattenburg was also banned for a while for accumulating HUGE amounts of debts. :)

Yeah things like this has happened a few times and the players never say anything' date=' for example the biggest one I can think of was that one foster (i think) pulled from about 10 yards into his goal against spurs which is memory serves me right would have ment Spurs won at OT 0-1 with a few mins left.

Everyone on the pitch could see it was a goal but nobody said anything, I'm not having a dig at Man Utd because even if it was Reina and Liverpool they would not have said anything either, like u said it would be great if honesty did exist however its never going to happen :([/quote']

To be fair the only player near that ball was Roy Carroll.

Funnily, the one that stands out to me is the robbie fowler incident.

If my memory serves me right it was liverpool v arsenal, and fowler stumbled over in the box and the ref gave a penalty. However, fowler then indicated to the ref that it wasn't a penalty and seaman hadn't caused him to go down.

fowler tried to score the penalty anyway, but it was a poor pen and seaman saved it, danny murphy put in the rebound.

To be fair the only player near that ball was Roy Carroll.

Funnily' date=' the one that stands out to me is the robbie fowler incident.

If my memory serves me right it was liverpool v arsenal, and fowler stumbled over in the box and the ref gave a penalty. However, fowler then indicated to the ref that it wasn't a penalty and seaman hadn't caused him to go down.

fowler tried to score the penalty anyway, but it was a poor pen and seaman saved it, danny murphy put in the rebound.[/quote']

Yeah I remember that as people was saying he missed the pen on purpose (I dont think he did tho), but yeah leave it to GOD to show a good example :)

Yeah I remember that as people was saying he missed the pen on purpose (I dont think he did tho)' date=' but yeah leave it to [b']GOD[/b] to show a good example :)

he almost did the right thing, then reverted back to type with the help of murphy!

I don't think some people understand how difficult refereeing is sometimes. I am not excusing the decision at the weekend, it was a shocker, but I have been to a game tonight where my team were given a penalty for what looked like a dive and were given the benefit of the doubt on several offside decisions

and still they got nothing but abuse. And this was in a crowd of 1600 never mind 40000+ in a premier league ground. They need all the help they can get.

I don't think some people understand how difficult refereeing is sometimes. I am not excusing the decision at the weekend' date=' it was a shocker, but I have been to a game tonight where my team were given a penalty for what looked like a dive and were given the benefit of the doubt on several offside decisions

and still they got nothing but abuse. And this was in a crowd of 1600 never mind 40000+ in a premier league ground. They need all the help they can get.[/quote']

Thankyou, i actually am the only referee on this forum, and when your getting abuse like "w****r" and "d**k head" its pretty annoying, had a game this morning in a tournament and i was forced to send off 3 Players for verbal abuse and had to send the manager off for not shutting up you can imagine the uproar after the game when i gave a free-kick which resulted in a goal that knocked them out of the tournament, to be honest if referees are treated like that you always have the feeling of holding a vendetta against that team, i wouldnt be suprised if the ref who didnt give the goal had recieved abuse from Palace fans in the past

Another incident: I remember seeing this question of sport (what happenes next game) must have been around 5/6 years ago..

Denmark vs some Asia side..

And someone in the crowd blew their whistle like a full-time whistle and the goal-keeper and defender we're in the box and the goaly scooped it up to the defender who caught it in the area (ref gives a pen, everyone but the ref knew what had happened). :o

John Dahl Tomasson stepped up and sportingly put the ball miles wide..

I think that Bristol (obviously knew it went in) should have given palace a goal.. would that have been allowed ? :confused::o

I think that Bristol (obviously knew it went in) should have given palace a goal.. would that have been allowed ? :confused::o

Yeah, a team could do anytrhing like the above if they chose to do so (in fact quite a few have done it in the past) where they have let the kick off taker walk right down the pitch and boot it into the net

Guest King Kolo

Lol I thought you'd be mad.I don't see why Bristol should give Palace a goal.A punch at the ref would have been fine

Yeah I was when I made the thread, but winning yesterday cheered me up :)