Sign in to follow this  
Gorskino10

Shinji Kagawa (Young Japanese Kid on Trail at Barcelona and Real Madrid)

Shinji Kagawa

Japan+v+Finland+Soccer+International+Friendly+084KX7PnXL8l.jpg

Shinji Kagawa (香川 真司, Kagawa Shinji?, born 17 March 1989 in Tarumi-ku, Kobe) is a Japanese football player. He is currently attached to J. League 2 side Cerezo Osaka.

On May 24, 2008 he made his international debut in a friendly. Japan won the match against Côte d'Ivoire with 1-0.

He has also represented Japan at youth level. He was a member of the Japan team for the 2008 Summer Olympics finals.

On 14 May 2009 it was announced that Kagawa would be undertaking trials at Barcelona and Real Madrid, subject to approval from his club.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5324021,00.html

SKYSPORTS.COM

Japan's rising star Shinji Kagawa is set for trial stints with Barcelona and Real Madrid.

According to reports in the Far East, the 20 year-old is considering offers to train with the Primera Liga giants, subject to approval from his club Cerezo Osaka.

"The Spanish league is my favourite. The attacking mentality suits my style," Kagawa said on Nikkan Sports.

"My dream is to play in the Champions League one day, so this is a great opportunity."

The skilful midfielder made his debut for the national team last May and has gone on to earn eight more caps for the Blue Samurai.

Regarded as the country's top young talent, Kagawa is backed by Cerezo club president Nobuyoshi Fujita to make it big in Europe.

"We will definitely consider any offers that we believe will benefit him," he said.

"It is a dream of his to play overseas. He has our full support."

Besides Barcelona and Real, Espanyol and Atletico Madrid are also reportedly monitoring the player's progress.

Career Total 85 Played 33 Goals

Last year he scored 17 goals in 25 games and the year before scoring 16 in 35 so in 2 seasons 33 goals in 2 seasons from a midfielder :eek: with alot of clubs interested in him such as Real Madrid,Barcelona,Atletico Madrid etc.. he seems he will be another hot prospect for Japan also his height seems like a perfect match in styles with Paul Scholes as both players are 5 ft 7 and score quite a few goals. also he seems like Naoki Yamada who is smaller than Kagawa and hasnt really played many games or to have yet shown his talent, unlike Kagawa.

Videos:

3rd Goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLQZeE1007Q

Re: Shinji Kagawa (Young Japanese Kid on Trail at Barcelona and Real Madrid)

Have you got a reliable link to prove these statistics?

Because if you have, then he can be added to the DB very soon.

I'm not sure if the stats are right but if they are :eek: amazing! :D

Have you got a reliable link to prove these statistics?

Because if you have' date=' then he can be added to the DB very soon.

I'm not sure if the stats are right but if they are :eek: amazing! :D[/quote']

Well i thought he wasnt on DB but just did a check and he is but at err........... 84 :o but he seems expensive at 6 Million Chairman Value :eek::mad:

Well i thought he wasnt on DB but just did a check and he is but at err........... 84 :o but he seems expensive at 6 Million Chairman Value :eek::mad:

Yes, that is rather expensive but he must be very good for that kind of goal ratio in midfield! Plus, his rating is high for a J League 2 side.

I'm going to ask EJ Styles about him :)

Yes' date=' that is rather expensive but he must be very good for that kind of goal ratio in midfield! Plus, his rating is high for a J League 2 side.

I'm going to ask EJ Styles about him :)[/quote']

Yeah it is a bit strange as even Eden Hazard (who i regard one of the biggest talents in Ligue 1) is 4.6 Chairman value and also other players at 84 stats are around 4Million Chairman Value seems wierd Kagawa is 6Million and as you stated at the moment still in Division 2 of J League :confused:

Who EJ Styles??

Yeah it is a bit strange as even Eden Hazard (who i regard one of the biggest talents in Ligue 1) is 4.6 Chairman value and also other players at 84 stats are around 4Million Chairman Value seems wierd Kagawa is 6Million and as you stated at the moment still in Division 2 of J League :confused:

Who EJ Styles??

He costs so much because he's at a smaller team.

Like if Hazard was at the same club as Shinji then he would be worth 7mill + etc.

EJ Styles is a scout, he did a great report on a brilliant Jap called Yoichiro Kakitani. So i left him a message for details. Hopefully he gets back to me. :o

He costs so much because he's at a smaller team.

Like if Hazard was at the same club as Shinji then he would be worth 7mill + etc.

EJ Styles is a scout' date=' he did a great report on a brilliant Jap called Yoichiro Kakitani. So i left him a message for details. Hopefully he gets back to me. :o[/quote']

I Suppose that could be true but still he seems a tad expensive :P, ah cool hopefully he can shed more details on Kagawa thanks :D

He got 10 caps for the senior national team and got 2 goals along the way... He eventually has more caps than Keisuke Honda (6) and Naoki Yamada (1)...:eek: I don't know if it's reliable because I took it from wikipedia... If it's true, he must be good... :P

Kagawa is an amazing talent, has a massive future ahead of him. I would recommend people to sign him if his price tag wasn't so high right now as he's going to get better and better every season. Already scored 19 this season in 30 games.

He has the potential to break into the 90 rating, but it'll take him a number of real seasons (also depending on whether he eventually makes his elusive dream move to La Liga).

I'd love for him to remain at Cerezo as his partnership in crime with fellow midfielder Takashi Inui is phenomenal stuff to watch (Inui himself has scored 15 goals this season), they're going to get Cerezo promoted back to J-League 1 this season.

Thought i would update :)

Update:

Latest game was against Tokyo Verdy (23rd Sept 09) he played in the game and score the 2nd goal in the 4-2 win, from the video the stats show he has scored 24 goals in the league out of 37

Stats:

2009 Cerezo Osaka 37 24 7 0

2008 Cerezo Osaka ? 17 ? ?

Also from the other matches in the last 6 he has scored 5 goals :) which again is fantastic for his posistion within the Cerezo Osaka team. plus on a side note he is the leading top scorer in J League 2 with a lead of 3 (also 4 places down from him on 16 goals is Takashi Inui who is 21 and plays for C.Osaka too looks a great partnership between them in midfield) so if he stays the top scorer in the league then he should get a rise.

Link to Tokyo Verdy match:

(Plus this user has many other videos of the games if you want to see those highlights)

Update:

Found this compilation video, a whole 19 minutes of Kagawa (2 videos split of 9 mins and 10) :), in the video its mainly about his dribbling skills which is amazing he looks so dangerous on the run.

Part 1

Part 2

2nd, 3rd goal in 3-0 win on 02-08-2009

Stats:

Cerezo Osaka

J2 League

43 Games

27 Goals

Rumour:

Logo_VVV.jpg

Seems if Keisuke Honda leaves VVV they will replace him with Kagawa they see him as a perfect replacment due to his ability to run with the ball and score from Midfield :D

Also being menthioned in another article is Urawa Reds (Same team as Naoki Yamada) and FC Tokyo are considering to offer him a contract. also im not 100% but it seems his contract ends in the summer so he may move, although Cerezo Osaka are desperate to keep him as this year he has scored thus far 10 more goals that the year before plus he is an important player for them.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9BOMJQ80&show_article=1

Update:

Japanese international Shinji Kagawa has made it clear that he will not leave Cerezo Osaka in the January transfer window. The gifted midfielder has been continually linked with a move to Europe.

''I have decided to stay at Cerezo at least until the summer. I feel like I can still improve myself here. I want to apologise to the supporters for keeping them in the dark this long," said Kagawa on the official Cerezo Osaka website.

Kagawa is now expected to stay at his current club until the summer of 2010. Cerezo Osaka will most likely decide to cash in on their prize asset after the 2010 World Cup.

The young midfielder has attracted the interest of several German and Dutch clubs with his impressive performances. VVV, Koeln, Schalke and Borussia Dortmund have all reportedly had offers rejected by Cerezo in the past couple of weeks.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14/asia/2010/01/04/1724934/cerezo-osaka-star-shinji-kagawa-rules-out-winter-transfer

Not sure if staying is best but it shows he has loyalty to the club which is a rare thing these days :), with his ability of scoring if Japan do well he will be the forfront of it and will hopefully get a better move than ones predicted :P defently Kagawa is one to keep an eye out for in the World Cup :D

Admittedly i've not seen him play but exactly how good is he? Yes he has a great goalscoring record but this is in the J League division 2. What sort of level is that league comparable to?

I dont mean to pee on anyones bonfire he but he isnt a kid is he, he is 20 years old and if he was good enough to play in Europe, surely he would of by now, let alone Barcelona / Real Madrid.

I wonder why he isnt playing for a big J league team ?

I think he might be a half decent player, nothing special though.

Nice reports though :)

Well he was 19/20 when on trail at Barcelona and to be honest FranMerida is considered a "kid" and he is 19 !!

Also i would change the title if i can but i dont think im allowed too :P

Admittedly i've not seen him play but exactly how good is he? Yes he has a great goalscoring record but this is in the J League division 2. What sort of level is that league comparable to?

Ok' date=' well his team Cerezo Osaka are the Newcastle on the 2nd league and very good team with plenty of good players they will be promoted and probably stay in JLeague 1 if they keep hold of Kagawa, JLeague one is a good league and very unpredicatble due to many good teams do poor and vise-versa but its a tight league with many teams not much ahead of each other, the end of the day many good players have come from JLeague the most notable is Takayuki Morimoto plus also Hulk who played at Gamba, a player who in Japan scored freely and had good skill and joined Porto and now wanted by Man United, Kagawa [b']has[/b] an amazing goal scoring ability i would say he is near the level of Keisuke Honda and if Kagawa moved to Europe you will really see how much of a good player he is, this will happen after the World Cup, im hoping for a move to La Liga as he would really suit that or maybe a team like Catania and joining up with Morimotto :).

Kagawa ended last season scoring 27 goals in 44 appearances.

This season he has hit the back of the net three times, in six games for Cerezo.

Borussia Dortmund Sign Cerezo Osaka Star Shinji Kagawa

Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund have completed the transfer of highly rated youngster Shinji Kagawa from Japanese side Cerezo Osaka for a reported fee of €350,000.

The 21-year-old attacking midfielder started his professional career at Cerezo Osaka in 2006 and has since developed into the star player of the Japanese club.

Kagawa is widely considered to be one of Asia's most promising youngsters and was being linked with a move to Europe for several months. He appeared to be on his way to Eredivisie outfit VVV last winter, but the transfer eventually fell through.

Despite his superb form in the past couple of months, Japan coach Takeshi Okada opted not to give Kagawa a call-up for this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

Borussia Dortmund recently secured qualification for next year's Europa League and are keen to add some fresh blood to their squad this summer in order to be competitive in Europe.

€350,000 :eek::eek: wow they got a bargain and what else happened was they sold Tinga back to Brazil for more and got a better replacement, although it may take him a while to get into the swings of the German life and Bundesliga i will hope for atleast after a year he will become a feature of the starting 11.

Shinji Kagawa (Japanese Messi)

Update:

Played in most of Pre-Season, looked very lively and has scored and assisted (Video below).

Kagawa played the full 90 Minutes getting one assist (Video below), from what i've seen he can become a perfect "Impact" sub or a starter, from what i have seen he can take the way he played in the J:League over to the Bundesliga.

One to keep an eye on he could become a good riser is he plays :)

(Videos not loading for some reason on my screen hopefully they work on yours IF not links are to the side)

Goal VS Man City (

)

Assist to Lewandowski (Bicycle Kick) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbCDU_Pq9vA)

SV Wacker Burghausen 0 - Borussia Dortmund 3 (DFB Pokal) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEdHnchO1ug)

Compilation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_M4I4U9lMY)

Yeah, this kid is good. I mean, REALLY GOOD. He has slowly taking a starting place, and Valdez, who was fighting for the same position just recently got sold. Although it may more have to do with the squad beeing to big, but oh well, he would never really get a chance beacuse of Kagawa, Lewandowski, Grosskreutz and Götze. Anyway, hopefully he'll do well this season and play like he has done under the pre-season.

Kagawa, along with scoring against manchester city, has bagged two goals tonight for Borussia Dortmund against FK Qarabag in their 4-0 win. the other two came from lucas barrios.

Kagawa is turning out to be a great player for the german side although he was expensive on sm. looks set for a rise in the german changes if he keeps up his goals from MIDFIELD.

Kagawa' date=' along with scoring against manchester city, has bagged two goals tonight for Borussia Dortmund against FK Qarabag in their 4-0 win. the other two came from lucas barrios.

Kagawa is turning out to be a great player for the german side although he was expensive on sm. looks set for a rise in the german changes if he keeps up his goals from MIDFIELD.[/quote']

Was going to update to show this :), yes scored 2 good goals and looked once again impressive, he seriouslly reminds me of Messi (Obviouslly no where near as good) but a player who has quick feet and such a good ability to bypass players i think he has made an impression to the manager to play him and in the Bundesliga he wont be out of depth.

2 Goals at FK Qarabag

1st (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPkThZx91g)

2nd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZQjkhGY61g)

ah sorry about that mate, i've just got a big interest in japan in general so i sign up japanese players into my team. got honda for very cheap, about 5 mil and bought kagawa for Saša MARKOVIC & Gianluca NIJHOLT, which were 70 and 75 risers so great lol. i want to hear more about naoki yamada, so in the cup i can play them 3 in the middle.

looking good for japan for the world cup if they still have honda, kagawa, yamada and uchida.

Showed his ability from JLeague to Bundesliga was MOM at the Borussia vs Schalke :D where he scored 2 goals and looked amazing!

Video showing all his assists/goals in a BvD kit :D

Looking very bright already for BvD he has (10 games 6 goals 2 assists) which is incredible stats, no wonder he is dubbed the Japanese Messi :D