Glen Johnson To Go Up

Messi-Torres

Re: Glen Johnson To Go Up

dani alves?

Hey blueblue if you think Johnson is bad in defense then you really haven't watched much of Alves he is awful in defense. So far this year Johnson has actually been very good in defense and he has only been caught going too far forward once and Carragher was able to cover for his mistake anyway. When he was at Portsmouth he did sometimes get caught going forward too much and did pay. But at Liverpool with Skrtel and Carragher at CB and Mascherano providing cover at DM Johnson should be able to go forward without really worrying too much about defensive responsabilities. To this point Johnson looks like one of the top RB in the Premier League IMO Bosingwa and Johnson are the two top RB in the Premier League no question.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Park Ji Sung

Re: Glen Johnson To Go DOWN

Glen Johnson To Go DOWN

I think that ever since he joined, steven gerard has been giving away penalties to villa, glen johnson is a disruptive influence. I think his level is about 87/88.

i think he is better than bosingwa' date=' if he wasnt why did chelsea want him & they were going to get rid off bosingwa if they got glen.:D[/quote']

No.. Bayern wanted to buy Bosingwa from us. And Johnson was going to be a replacement for Bosingwa if he left to Bayern, but they couldn't agree anything.

Plus, Bosingwa is miles better anyway :)

But Johnson has been playing well and I think he'll rise to 90 at least.

Glen Johnson To Go DOWN

I think that ever since he joined' date=' steven gerard has been giving away penalties to villa, glen johnson is a disruptive influence. I think his level is about 87/88.[/quote']

If England didn't have such a famine at right back, I agree he would be about an 87/88.

He's about as good as Alan Hutton and he's Scottish. :D

Guest Park Ji Sung

If England didn't have such a famine at right back' date=' I agree he would be about an 87/88.

He's about as good as Alan Hutton and he's Scottish. :D[/quote']

Just wait til Wes Brown and even Gary Neville return.:) At this stage I'd even pick Micah Richards ahead of him. I think it's yet another failure to add to Benitez's list of transfers.

People are forgetting that the Premier League season is only 3 weeks old. If you were to rate teams after just 3 weeks, Man Utd would have shocking ratings, so would Liverpool, Arsenal would be full of 99s, as would Tottenham, and Burnley would have players in the 90s. If you take last season into account, Johnson made the England RB spot his own, despite Brown, Neville and Richards lurking around. He was the best Pompey player (granted, thats not that hard to be) and compared to Arbeloa last year, I would say he perfomed marginally better, he maybe got a bit too carried away up front, and with Campbell and Distin alongside him, they didnt have the protection to allow Johnson to go up the wing.

Before counting Liverpool out, remember this. Yes, they only lost 2 games last season and finished second, but Man Utd lost 4 and won it.

nope douglas maicon the 95 rated player

i know who you meant, i just don't think glen johnson is better than alves!!

futbolfreak, glen johnson will do well at liverpool and he will get better, but he's not the brilliant right back people are making him out to be! he is great attacking and can whip in an excellent ball, but defensively he is positionally poor.

like i said, carragher's experience and knowledge of the right back position will help him out and he will be well covered, but the uncertainty about liverppol's midfield at present means the defence is making mistakes all over, but that won't last.

i know alves is not great defensively, i was just making a point that he's better than johnson, which he clearly is

Guest .кєσgн

Just wait til Wes Brown and even Gary Neville return.:) At this stage I'd even pick Micah Richards ahead of him. I think it's yet another failure to add to Benitez's list of transfers.

Brown and Neville should be about 85. Both are pretty terrible imo

i can't help but chuckle at your ignorance and biasness.

I doubt u have even seen johnson play. He has been our best player so far alongisde reina in the 3 games liverpool have played. And with the season only 3 games old, u have decided to see him as a failure :rolleyes: I wouldn't even consider neville for england.

Guest Park Ji Sung

i can't help but chuckle at your ignorance and biasness.

I doubt u have even seen johnson play. He has been our best player so far alongisde reina in the 3 games liverpool have played. And with the season only 3 games old' date=' u have decided to see him as a failure :rolleyes: I wouldn't even consider neville for england.[/quote']

Johnson is so overrated, no way is he good enough for any team. Sure liverpool only bought him cos they can't afford any better players, and they have no other british players good enough to make their team.

Mark my words, he'll be found out this season. Waste of 17million.:D

Guest Park Ji Sung

dont know what your laughing at he is i think he is underated

Not a hope. He's just rated low for a big 4 player, but isn't that standard.

I thought it was a little strange actually being able to have a discussion about a liverpool player and a manc not being stupid, low and behold it happened.......... Why do people feel the need to talk ****.

Why cant people be realistic and not feel the need to get involved in something they have nothing interesting to add.

Another goal today is continuing his impressive start to the season........

Guest Park Ji Sung

Well, if thats how it's gonna be, Wes Brown had a defensively solid game today against the second best opposition we will face in the premier league, didn't neglect his defensive duties at any stage. Did not score either, but he's not meant to.

Scoring against the might of Bolton does not absolve Johnson of his defensive duties. As a unit, his team conceded 2 goals to a team that will likely be relegated this season.

If he was bought to score goals and not to shore up Liverpool's shaky defense, I will retract this and apologise for my oversight in May when gerard has lifted the premier league trophy.

Until then, to summarise; he might be good for a defender at scoring goals, but is not a good enough defender.

Well' date=' if thats how it's gonna be, Wes Brown had a defensively solid game today against the second best opposition we will face in the premier league, didn't neglect his defensive duties at any stage. Did not score either, but he's not meant to.

Scoring against the might of Bolton does not absolve Johnson of his defensive duties. As a unit, his team conceded 2 goals to a team that will likely be relegated this season.

If he was bought to score goals and not to shore up Liverpool's shaky defense, I will retract this and apologise for my oversight in May when gerard has lifted the premier league trophy.

Until then, to summarise; he might be good for a defender at scoring goals, but is not a good enough defender.[/quote']

LOL. Johnson may not be that good defensively but he's certainly not poor. He wasn't bought to shore up the defense he was bought to help break teams down and score a few goals.

Just wait til Wes Brown and even Gary Neville return. At this stage I'd even pick Micah Richards ahead of him.

Richards is worse than Johnson defensively and going forward' date=' infact he's worse in most departments.

Sure liverpool only bought him cos they can't afford any better players, and they have no other british players good enough to make their team.

Spending 17mil doesn't suggest they have problems affording players. Maybe signing Micheal Owen for free does though? I doubt they're worried about the amount of British players they have either.

Having said all this I'm pretty sure you're just joking around anyway.

Guest Park Ji Sung

LOL. Johnson may not be that good defensively but he's certainly not poor. He wasn't bought to shore up the defense he was bought to help break teams down and score a few goals.

If they wanted to break down teams and score goals' date=' why not spend 17million on a striker?

Richards is worse than Johnson defensively and going forward, infact he's worse in most departments.

Yes, but he has youth on his side, and plays for one of the big four teams.:P

Spending 17mil doesn't suggest they have problems affording players. Maybe signing Micheal Owen for free does though? I doubt they're worried about the amount of British players they have either.

What about spending 17million on a winger, spending a couple million on 2 unheard of youngsters? And of course, it's not like they've had any major cash inflow recently.:rolleyes:

If they wanted to break down teams and score goals' date=' why not spend 17million on a striker?[/quote']

Because at home teams defend deep against them, therefore another striker would be ineffective and attacking from deep and down the wings (i.e. an overlapping fullback) is the best way to break teams down.

Yes' date=' but he has youth on his side, and plays for one of the big four teams.:P[/quote']

You said you would pick Richards ahead of him (as in, in the present) therefore youth on his side isn't a valid argument.

What about spending 17million on a winger' date=' spending a couple million on 2 unheard of youngsters? And of course, it's not like they've had any major cash inflow recently.:rolleyes:[/quote']

Exactly Man United have only spent that money because they got it from the Ronaldo deal. If they could afford to use all of that money I'm sure they would've brought in more adequate replacements. Liverpool have spent more than they received from the Alonso deal. I've got to say I prefer Man United to Liverpool but what you're saying doesn't make sense...

alves is overrated what are you on about i think marcelo plays better than alves in real life

i know who you meant' date=' i just don't think glen johnson is better than alves!!

futbolfreak, glen johnson will do well at liverpool and he will get better, but he's not the brilliant right back people are making him out to be! he is great attacking and can whip in an excellent ball, but defensively he is positionally poor.

like i said, carragher's experience and knowledge of the right back position will help him out and he will be well covered, but the uncertainty about liverppol's midfield at present means the defence is making mistakes all over, but that won't last.

i know alves is not great defensively, i was just making a point that he's better than johnson, which he clearly is[/quote']

Johnson is so overrated' date=' no way is he good enough for any team. Sure liverpool only bought him cos they can't afford any better players, and they have no other british players good enough to make their team.

Mark my words, he'll be found out this season. Waste of 17million.:D[/quote']

hes scored 2 goals in 4 apps and is a RB

alves is overrated what are you on about i think marcelo plays better than alves in real life

i know alves is overrated, but he is still better than johnson!

people think all of a sudden that glen johnson is amazing because he plays for liverpool, it's pathetic!

england have no other reasonable option than to play johnson at right back, that's why he plays.

don't get me wrong, he is a decent right back and a good offensive player, but people need to stop hailing him as some amazing player worth £17million!