Sign in to follow this  
Guest 1CapWonder

Celebrities - Who You've Met And What They Were Like!

Guest 1CapWonder

Re: Celebrities - Who You've Met And What They Were Like!

Third from the right on the top row is my mate Mikey Treacy from Cardinal Newman College. Here he is with Ronaldo

mikeyronaldo.jpg

Yeah I know him well!!!! He was Head BallBoy when I was there!!! Haha, how goods that? Stood with him all through my year, sat on opposite side to Managers with him, and did all the good jobs (Making Fergie Tea, Setting Out Balls, Half Time Drinks, Full Time On Pitch With Him..)

Small world eh James?

:)

Guest 1CapWonder

Surely the Gabrielle he is refering to is the one with the patch?

My bad :o

I just had heard of her, then I googled her and this one was the most famous (by pictures)

Apologies, but might aswell keep the pic up, it's doing no harm :rolleyes:

Yeah I know him well!!!! He was Head BallBoy when I was there!!! Haha' date=' how goods that? Stood with him all through my year, sat on opposite side to Managers with him, and did all the good jobs (Making Fergie Tea, Setting Out Balls, Half Time Drinks, Full Time On Pitch With Him..)

Small world eh James?

:)[/quote']

I dont want this thread to turn into the Mikey Treacy Appreciation thread ;) but here are some more

mikeymourinho.jpg

At the bottom

mikeyronny.jpg

Behind Ronaldo

mikeyrooneytevez.jpg

Next to Rooney

Guest 1CapWonder

I dont want this thread to turn into the Mikey Treacy Appreciation thread ;) but here are some more

mikeymourinho.jpg

At the bottom

mikeyronny.jpg

Behind Ronaldo

mikeyrooneytevez.jpg

Next to Rooney

I'm gonna better you with a couple more mate :P

n1254034656_30053658_2405.jpg

n1254034656_30053664_4248.jpg

n1254034656_30053683_5572.jpg

n1254034656_30053681_4930.jpg

n1254034656_30053695_9494.jpg

Like I said... small world eh? :)

Guest 1CapWonder

Small world eh Seft? :P

And I would happily kiss Nemanja Vidic Monty, but I'm not too sure he'd be too pleased.

It's more of an "ooooo" as I think that was the defeat to Portsmouth in the FA Cup...

BALLBOYS @ United, That's Pretty Awesome..

I Was ballball for an FAI Cup final replay which involved Shelbourne FC & Cork City :)

Unfortuanatly We Lost, But i had my moment of fame when deep into injury time i defied prematch orders not to go onto the pitch when the cork goalie decided to walk towards his defenders instead of goin to get the ball..

On i went and booted the ball towards him :eek: or something like that :rolleyes: needless to say i dient get to keep any memrobilia or anytin lol

Guest 1CapWonder

BALLBOYS @ United' date=' That's Pretty Awesome..

I Was ballball for an FAI Cup final replay which involved Shelbourne FC & Cork City :)

Unfortuanatly We Lost, But i had my moment of fame when deep into injury time i defied prematch orders not to go onto the pitch when the cork goalie decided to walk towards his defenders instead of goin to get the ball..

On i went and booted the ball towards him :eek: or something like that :rolleyes: needless to say i dient get to keep any memrobilia or anytin lol[/quote']

Haha, the temptation too much? Unfortunately I think that would have been season ended if we did something like that, although we were allowed to kick balls about in the warm-up before-hand. Went in net at the Stretford End once when the Keepers had gone back in but some of the subs had stayed out to shoot. Saved an Eagles and an Anderson shot, but wasn't getting near any of Rooney's!!!!

Great laugh though :)

*Anyway I think me and James have inadvertently turned this into a what your famous for rather than who famous you've met thread :o

Any other stories?

I met Tubes from Soccer AM. Got pictures and a video on my phone but lost the lead to put them on the computer, gonna get my brother to bring his next time he's here. It was at Old Trafford, a FA Cup semi final with Chelsea and Blackburn about 2 years ago now. The videos quite funny, I was pretty drunk and I just keep shouting Tubes at the top of my voice. I did ask him to spit me a rhyme but he didn't :(

I met Alan Shearer when I was about 5, he came to a Grimsby vs Oldham match at Blundell Park (Have no idea why he was there) and as my Dad worked for Grimsby I met him in the box he was in, he was my hero at the time too. Dont remember it really as I was too young but I got the picture in my room.

I also met the late Bobby Robson at Blundell Park. He was Newcastle manager at the time, and I just came back from selling programmes, on the way to the office and he was there. Really nice guy and signed mine and my mate's season tickets. I'm pretty sure he was scouting Titus Bramble as we were playing Ipswich, then a few weeks later Bramble signed for Newcastle. Terry Venables was also at Blundell Park in the same season (I think) but I only saw him and didnt actually speak to him.

Don't think I've met any other famous people, If I remember any more I'll post them.

I met Leon McKenzie 2/3 years ago, his wife worked at a youth club i used to go to, at the time they wern't married but they are now, and he used to come in and play footy with us :D He was a great person though, I remember nutmegging him :D :D

EDIT: Also met Ben Foster in a footy presentation for my club because we won the league..and he was their giving us the individual trophies, shook his hand too :D

............guys dont get jealous, but i have met God himself. Yep i met Juninho twice and got mud on his hands as i had just finished playing football at school (i shook his hands while my hands were still muddy)and then went up the the Riverside and he was at the club. Second time was 2004 when myself and my wife got pics with him :)

Guest 1CapWonder

............guys dont get jealous' date=' but i have met God himself. Yep i met Juninho twice and got mud on his hands as i had just finished playing football at school (i shook his hands while my hands were still muddy)and then went up the the Riverside and he was at the club. Second time was 2004 when myself and [b']my wife got pics with him[/b] :)

What is this about a wife? It is news to me Holty...

And hands up Juninho is very close to God, but not quite there. I have been in Gods presence, and chanted his name so loud that I got a wave as he arrived at Villa Park last season. You know who I'm talking about. Stand Up Martin Laursen :)

Under the heading of Aging '70s & '80s Rock Gods

36387.jpg

I lost $115 to Gene Simmons playing backgammon on the red-eye between LA to NYC. Dude had the gall to take it from me too even knowing that I had just started playing...

It was a commercial flight that was delayed 15 minutes specifically for him to board the plane. He walked on the flight covered in Kiss gear. His hat was plastered in Kiss patches. His denim jacket had Kiss badges all over it. His belt had Kiss pins on it and even his carry-on was all Kiss-ed out. Gotta hand it to him... He's a marketing MACHINE !!!

Played backgammon for an hour / hour and a half and talked about everything from marketing energy drinks to NYC politics to Japanese restaurants. I think he probably bedded all the flight attendants;), but only after he asked them to separate all of the pistachios out from the mixed nuts.

ozzy.jpg

Checking into the Four Seasons in Chicago with my gf at the time, and who is checking in at that same moment, none other than Ozzy.

You could tell something was going on because all of these black leather-clad people started surrounding us @ the front desk. There must have been some problem with the specifics of his reservation because one by one more of them started coming up to the desk and then things started to get heated.

Anyway after checking in, my girl and I decide to go up to our room. As we are about to get on the elevator, there's Ozzy all by himself standing against a wall far away from all the commotion. He has an unlit cigarette in his mouth fumbling through his pockets unsuccessfully searching for a lighter, and....he's standing directly under a big red No Smoking sign! Anyway, asks us not only for a light but also if we "wouldn't happen to know which room (he's) staying in"!

What is this about a wife? It is news to me Holty...

And hands up Juninho is very close to God' date=' but not quite there. I have been in Gods presence, and chanted his name so loud that I got a wave as he arrived at Villa Park last season. You know who I'm talking about. Stand Up Martin Laursen :)[/quote']

Well she wont be my wife for much longer (its a long story).

But you cant compare Laursen (who was half decent i admit) to Juninho (best footballer in the premiership to never play for a top 4 team)Mr Sutcliffe...what have you been sniffing?

Guest 1CapWonder

But you cant compare Laursen (who was half decent i admit) to Juninho (best footballer in the premiership to never play for a top 4 team)Mr Sutcliffe...what have you been sniffing?

The answer to that in Martin Laursen my friend.

juninho best player to never play for a top 4 team dont think so mate theres been several better

No he's not m8, so he's better than Alan Shearer + many others

No he's not m8' date=' so he's better than Alan Shearer + many others[/quote']

shearer played in the top 4 with newcastle and blackburn

juninho and laursen was nowhere near as good as the likes off zola who i dont think played top 4 football or barry or klinsmann

I've met Tito Jackson!

I don't have a photo of him with me but I do have a photo of his autograph. Posted it on facebook!

Tito had come to my school and I was one of the lucky 20 to get chosen to meet him :D

He is a really down to earth person. Fame doesn't get to his head..thats for sure.

I have also met Pixie Lott. A few weeks after I met her...she got a number 1 in the charts with Mama Do B)

No he's not m8' date=' so he's better than Alan Shearer + many others[/quote']

he finished in the top4 with newcastle and won a league with blackburn, so he wouldnt count

I've met Tito Jackson!

He is a really down to earth person. Fame doesn't get to his head..thats for sure.

he's not really that famous to be fair :P

I've met a few over the last 30 odd years, here's some. Frank Ifield (60's singer), Marmalade (60's group), David Attenborough, Peter Sallis, Bill Owen, Jenny Agutter, George Layton, Brian Blessed, Crista Akroyd etc. All very nice people