Sign in to follow this  
Guest 1CapWonder

Celebrities - Who You've Met And What They Were Like!

Re: Celebrities - Who You've Met And What They Were Like!

he finished in the top4 with newcastle and won a league with blackburn' date=' so he wouldnt count[/quote']

Top 4 sides are Liverpool, Man. U, Arsenal + Chelsea, everton got to the top 4 in 2005 but you wouldn't say for example: Lee Carsley, Tim Cahill or Joseph Yobo has played for a top 4 club, blackburn were never really a big 4 club but enjoyed their season of success

i.m.o Alan shearer's never played for a big 4 club

many others aswell better than Juninho, even somebody like Kevin Davies is probably a better overall player than Juninho

Top 4 sides are Liverpool' date=' Man. U, Arsenal + Chelsea, everton got to the top 4 in 2005 but you wouldn't say for example: Lee Carsley, Tim Cahill or Joseph Yobo has played for a top 4 club, blackburn were never really a big 4 club but enjoyed their season of success

[/quote']

but back in those days blackburn were one of the top teams largely due to the money they spent a la chelsea and newcastle were in the top 4 on more than one occasion so to say that they dont count is being a tad short sighted - up until the summer of 2003 chelsea would never have been compared to the likes of man u/arsenal/liverpool and the likes of newcastle and leeds would be a 'big 4' team in their place

John O' Shea, when he stopped by my aunties pub, he used to live in the same estate as I did. Ferrybank :)

I don't know if this counts, but I met David Beckham and got a picture with a life size dummy of him, and Messi as well, but that was a hologram.

Okay not very famous as I can't remember their names... four professional Rugby League players came to our school. Got my shirt signed. I asked one bloke to sign my lucky undies and he replied with "Is the crotch okay?" They were good blokes and pretty funny. Not the stereotype Rugby League players.

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

Cristiano Ronaldo signed my jersey when he was in Ireland with Madrid

Guest Higgy

I met Ronaldo and Casillas after this years Clasico. Haven't really met any other Huge Stars except for Ronaldinho and Deco after the Al Ahly v Barca match in 2007.

Pre season Sydney FC game against the state league team of my club say me have a little conversation with now retired Sydney FC captain Steve Corica. Hes a great bloke, friendly and talkative.

Also met David Campese at an airport once but was too young and naive to know who he was.

And finally I saw Michael Jackson in South Africa when he was sky diving

Paul McGrath in Lucan one day, I was going by on the street and at first I did not cop it, than it hit me and I whirled around and said "Paul." Don't remember what else I said to him as my heart and mind was a fluttering elsewhere, but he gave me a quick minute, and I did not want to hold him up, even though I would have loved to have kept him for an hour. The man's a legend everywhere still in Ireland, and parts of the UK. Also, recently Brendan Gleeson in Boston at a movie thing, a really cool character as well.

Paul McGrath in Lucan one day' date=' I was going by on the street and at first I did not cop it, than it hit me and I whirled around and said "Paul." Don't remember what else I said to him as my heart and mind was a fluttering elsewhere, but he gave me a quick minute[/quote']

were you drunk as well??