Sign in to follow this  
Flying teacup

Ross Forbes

Take my advice and sign Ross Forbes.

Position-DM/CM

Rated-64

Potential Rise- 76+ at next Scottish review

Club - Dumbarton (plays for Motherwell)

SM have him down as a Dumbarton player but he was on loan there last year. He has since gone back to his parent club Motherwell and been a stand out performer.

He is currently rated at 64 on the DB but this will not last long. The average rating at Motherwell is around 83 and this guy is going to be one of their best players this year. He has a sweet left foot and scores spectacular goals. I think he could potentially rise 10+ by the next rating changes for Scotland. Top Motherwell players are rated 85 and this guy certainly has the potential to reach this level in the next year or so.

He has played 7 out of 7 games this season scored 4 goals from midfield in the process.

You can snap him up for 40k and his wages are £310 per turn. Absolute bargin!!!

Sorry about the layout of my recommendation but I'm still getting used to this.

Re: Ross Forbes

His position is will to change to striker. He started once this season for Motherwell and scored the second equaliser in the 2-2 draw against St Johnstone. (Reference: soccernet.com)

He won't change position as he has played midfield every game.

He has played 1 league game out of 1 which he scored in.

He also was involved in all 6 Europa League fixtures scoring 3 goals in the process.

He must be well in with the Club/Manager/ Team as they are trusting him to take penalties! So looks good for a long run I would think. And yes with a rating so low, yet playing in such a "High" division, playing the likes of Rangers & Celtic this season? A great riser in the making!

First off great scout, a lotta potential.

Secondaly The Sun (published 22 Aug) contained a small insight Into Forbes potential courtesy of Motherwell's manager:

JIM GANNON last night challenged Ross Forbes to blast his way into double figures and prove he's Motherwell's next midfield maestro.

The Fir Park manager has been purring at the performances of the teen sensation who has burst on to the scene this season.

Forbes has hit four goals already - including a wonder strike against St Johnstone last week - but Gannon still wants more from the kid he's tipping for soccer stardom.

He said: "Forbes scored a fantastic goal - the pundits were calling it world-class.

"It doesn't surprise me because I saw him do it in a game against Rhyl when I first agreed to become manager.

"He's a player who can get into double figures this season.

"He still has a lot to learn but it's brilliant to see him emerge so quickly

Ok never know for sure with SM BUT looking at the evidence:-

The Other 3 CM's are 75, 78 & 83 rated so their average is 78.6666

So draw your own conclusions. One thing for definite YOU CANNOT NOT BUY HIM @ 64 if available in your set-up!

Hope it helps your decision.

I payed close attention to the 73 mins for Ross Forbes against Rangers 0-0 today. Ross takes the Penalties for Motherwell but a Penalty given in the 85th minute was taken by someone else and saved. Positives: Smooth short & long passer. Good shaped free kicks for colleagues headers on goals etc. Neat & tidy, a polished performer even @ this level. Stands out in ability in this side & bear in mind he is only (Sky Sports said 18 & SM I think have him as 20!) also it bears repeating rated @ 64 playing with 85, 83, 80's etc. A very cultured left foot, the manager allows him to take free kick pot shots (2 over the bar today, but it was commented has scored from similar positions this season). Asked to do a restrained role he doesn't bomb forward, but retains the ball comfortably doing the simple things & makes it look easy.

Negatives? Well I'd rather say "improvements to come?" You would think, Inexperience but it doesn't show. Perhaps energy levels, fitness & acceleration & only the last one may be difficult for him to achieve, but not that important in the required role. SM say DM/CM, well possibly? I see him as wasted as DM in the future but rather as an out & out playmaker. I can remember only 2 tackles & he needs to be further forward.

Please bear in mind these comments are on the basis of seeing only 73mins (would like to hear from others who have seen more) & that against the quality of RANGERS! A great future assured & I will watch with great interest his progress. 64 rated ? Laughable!

Forbes scored the winner, his sixth goal of the campaign from the spot, away @ Dundee Utd today 0-1. His team Motherwell are unbeaten in the Scottish Premier this season.

Didn't know he'd been voted SPL Y.P.O.M., cheers for that hibee1875.

So far this season Ross Forbes has started 11 games for Motherwell and played 951 minutes in total.

This is the third most minutes in the team (behind Tom Hately and Mark Reynolds).

He is also their top scorer with five goals.

So far this season Ross Forbes has started 11 games for Motherwell and played 951 minutes in total.

This is the third most minutes in the team (behind Tom Hately and Mark Reynolds).

He is also their top scorer with five goals.

With Europa league games and Cup games, he has 18 starts, 1 sub and 9 goals

So he's their top scorer from midfield?

Reckon the Scotland manager is considering him?

I see him as a FUTURE International BUT if Scotland are looking at a FULL CAP soon, then they are very short, he's very much still learning.