I have been a Gold Member since June and have no been able to get hold of a semi-decent Gold Championship side at any of the new G.C and i have been online at creation time. I already manage several lower league sides at want to challenge myself at the top. I have idea that will help get rid of the problem and have suggested to the Soccer Manager Team and I am in repeatedly contact with them on the issue. So now i want to put out to the SM community as a whole to see if this is a common problem and what you think of my solution.

Basically at G.C creation time since they have taken away the randomness of creation time, you have to choose the team you want within the first second of creation otherwise you wont get it, so it is now a complete lottery. I dont have any G.C teams and I'm sure alot of you out there who were trying to get a team on G.C 68 have at least 1. So how about those Gold managers without a G.C team have first choice for a limited period of time after creation say half an hour. This would take away the golden carrot that is dangled in front of you when you choose to buy gold, also there would be a fairer distribution of clubs amongst managers and it would make it easier on their servers at creation times.

So what do you think, is it just sour grapes on my behalf or is this a decent and fair idea. I would love to hear all of your contributions to my idea as the difficulty of getting a G.C team is really starting to annoy me to the point that i wont renew my subscription.

Re: G.C Creation Must Change

Not really sure that is relevant to his suggestion, Barry, unless I have misinterpreted one or both of you in which case I apologise.

It seems like a reasonable suggestion to me to give new GC owners a "priority" selection of teams, however I am not sure how this would sit with GC managers who have had their account for a while, fancy a new side from a new GC, and probably feel just as entitled (if not more so) to a 'good team' than the members who have none.

At the end of the day it is easy to get into a GC and if you stick at your side you will get good job offers in that setup from the bigger clubs once their managers leave.

A popular idea for a long time is that SM create waiting lists for teams and I am surprised this has not been done in one manner or another as yet. This would solve the original problem mentioned, I believe.

Not really sure that is relevant to his suggestion' date=' Barry, unless I have misinterpreted one or both of you in which case I apologise.

It seems like a reasonable suggestion to me to give new GC owners a "priority" selection of teams, however I am not sure how this would sit with GC managers who have had their account for a while, fancy a new side from a new GC, and probably feel just as entitled (if not more so) to a 'good team' than the members who have none.

At the end of the day it is easy to get into a GC and if you stick at your side you will get good job offers in that setup from the bigger clubs once their managers leave.

A popular idea for a long time is that SM create waiting lists for teams and I am surprised this has not been done in one manner or another as yet. This would solve the original problem mentioned, I believe.[/quote']

Teb, are you saying their's gonna be a waiting list for managers to get into GC's and get the top teams? :eek:

I have been a Gold Member since June and have no been able to get hold of a semi-decent Gold Championship side at any of the new G.C and i have been online at creation time. I already manage several lower league sides at want to challenge myself at the top. I have idea that will help get rid of the problem and have suggested to the Soccer Manager Team and I am in repeatedly contact with them on the issue. So now i want to put out to the SM community as a whole to see if this is a common problem and what you think of my solution.

Basically at G.C creation time since they have taken away the randomness of creation time' date=' you have to choose the team you want within the first second of creation otherwise you wont get it, so it is now a complete lottery. I dont have any G.C teams and I'm sure alot of you out there who were trying to get a team on G.C 68 have at least 1. So how about those Gold managers without a G.C team have first choice for a limited period of time after creation say half an hour. This would take away the golden carrot that is dangled in front of you when you choose to buy gold, also there would be a fairer distribution of clubs amongst managers and it would make it easier on their servers at creation times.

So what do you think, is it just sour grapes on my behalf or is this a decent and fair idea. I would love to hear all of your contributions to my idea as the difficulty of getting a G.C team is really starting to annoy me to the point that i wont renew my subscription.[/quote']

They should just implement a limit to how many top teams(top 50) 1 GC account can hold,example if i am allowed to manage up to 18 teams,maybe you can only manage a third of your available teams in the top 50.

just my thoughts and i believe i suggested this over a year ago....

Or for a one day only deal create 5 new GCs an allow people the option to purchase teams within of these before the GC gets created

They should just implement a limit to how many top teams(top 50) 1 GC account can hold' date='example if i am allowed to manage up to 18 teams,maybe you can only manage a third of your available teams in the top 50.

just my thoughts and i believe i suggested this over a year ago....

Or for a one day only deal create 5 new GCs an allow people the option to purchase teams within of these before the GC gets created[/quote']

I agree with this, something like this needs to be implemented

I suggested something to SM a while ago. It's not the best idea admittedly and there are better ones out there, but just when I saw this thought I'd write mine....

There could be two GC's created near eachother, for example one at 10.00 and one at 11.00. Each gold member could be given a number 1 or 2 for the upcoming GC's, and then you can only join that one. If I was given number one, then I'd join the one at 10, and number 2's would join at 11. The numbers would be random and would be changed each upcoming GC's. So I could be a number 1 for the GC's 69 and 70, and then get 2 when 71 and 72 come round. This way, competition for the team you want is likely to be halved, there would be half the people clicking and refreshing to get a team, and if you get a different number to one of your mates and you wanna be in the same game world then the chances are you will be in the next one, or the next one after that. Just an idea, but as I said there are better out there.:)

I suggested something to SM a while ago. It's not the best idea admittedly and there are better ones out there' date=' but just when I saw this thought I'd write mine....

There could be two GC's created near eachother, for example one at 10.00 and one at 11.00. Each gold member could be given a number 1 or 2 for the upcoming GC's, and then you can only join that one. If I was given number one, then I'd join the one at 10, and number 2's would join at 11. The numbers would be random and would be changed each upcoming GC's. So I could be a number 1 for the GC's 69 and 70, and then get 2 when 71 and 72 come round. This way, competition for the team you want is likely to be halved, there would be half the people clicking and refreshing to get a team, and if you get a different number to one of your mates and you wanna be in the same game world then the chances are you will be in the next one, or the next one after that. Just an idea, but as I said there are better out there.:)[/quote']

I like it Harvey,and i think there are enough gold members now 8,808 you could probably go up to 4 groups,1,2,3,4 in turn you would only be trying to get a top team against 2200 member instead of 8000

I like it Harvey' date='and i think there are enough gold members now 8,808 you could probably go up to 4 groups,1,2,3,4 in turn you would only be trying to get a top team against 2200 member instead of 8000[/quote']

Thanks. I meant to say that SM could do it with 3 or 4 groups aswell, though I think that some members enjoy it when they're with their mates in game worlds to do deals and stuff, and if it's 3 or 4 groups their chances are decreased. But it's flexible and if it ever did happen then SM can do it whichever way they want.

Thanks for all your input guys but it seems too me that you all have half decent G.C teams already do you not think it would be fairer if you had a better crack at the whip when you first became a gold member at managing a decent side in the Gold divisions therefore keeping your interest and continual subscription. Multiple G.C creation would only increase your chances by a factor of 2,3,4 depending on how many created at the same time but when your talking about 8,000 members into 200 max clubs that is still not that good odds. What im suggesting makes it more appealing to new members and to take the game forward that is the best stand point.

Also here are the messages they have sent me in return to my questions.

I said 25/5/09

I am a gold member and have been for a month or so &have yet to get my hands on a gold championship side. In this time 3 G.C worlds have been created. Two were in april created at about 14 & 15 O'Clock & The other one was 25/09 at about 19.20. For the first 2 i was at work & got to a computer about 2 hours after creation & nearly all the teams had gone a& i mean down to at least third tier. Today i was at home determined to get my self at least a semi decent side, refreshing the page every few minutes i went to the toilet (to much info) get back & its created awesome i thought time to pick my wits in the big league. I find the league and what did i find all sides gone down to third tier. THIS WAS 3 MINS AFTER CREATION. 3 minutes if this isn't proof the system is flawed i don't know what is. At the time there was over 7000 members online There are only 8400 G. members asuming most of those online members were gold thats 80% just waiting for the G.C to be created. I messaged Soccer manager with a solution but i didn't hear back. It is this if you dont currently own a gold team you have first choice over those who do, kind of like the housing market were some houses must go to first time buyers not just property magnates , Just for a short period of time. I think this would be a fairer system unlike the current one which is basically worse than the euro lottery. This would also make buying gold membership more appealing as managering in a G.C world is basically just a carrot dangled in front of you. All the extras of a Gold Membersip are available to you but only if your one of the people who logs in 1 minute after the game world is created. I know this sounds like sour grapes (and it proberly is) but this has annouyed me for a month now and your views would be appriciated whether you agree with them or not. I think that this game is great but if cant get my hands on a half decent gold side i wont be renewing my membership or reccommending to others as whats the point.

They said 26/5/09

Hi Niall,

We fully appreciate the situation you are in, like many other Gold Members.

We will discuss this internally and see what solution or better system we can come up with and let you know the results of these discussions.

Regards

Sarah

SM Support Team

I said 10/8/09

Once again I am disappointed it is 22:15 on 10th aug G.C 67 has just been created i was on line and kept refreshing till it came and it wouldn't let me choose it site goes down well there is over 7,000 people online line at the same time. So i go out come back in refresh until it comes up again i click on the button and the whole list off unmanaged clubs comes up glorious in its blueness. Awesome i thought now is my chance i click Liverpool no take control button then i go through all the top clubs no take control button on any of them weird i thought its only been a minute or so since creation so i click Tranmere and the take control buton is there re-establishing my fears no top clubs for me again. I already control some lower league clubs and want the full G.C challenge of a top club. I am now annoyed. Please reply my above idea is fair and sound.

They said 17/8/09

Hi Niall,

Big clubs in the Gold Game Worlds are in massive demand and are taken by managers within seconds of the Game World opening.

In the next few weeks we will be introducing a reserve club feature which will enable current Gold Members, for a small fee, to reserve a club in a Gold Game World before it opens up to everyone else.

We will also be adding international management into all Game Worlds just for Gold Members. This will mean that all Gold Members will get the chance to manage a top international side in other Game Worlds.

Regards

Sarah

SM Support Team

At the moment this is where they stand, they realise there is great demand for G.C places and they think they are able to make money from it. Which is fair enough but i think to get in new members and more revenue they need to make the better teams in G.C more easly available to new members, or the only revenue they will have is those managers already with decent G.C teams renewing their subscriptions.

Sorry this is so long thanks for your replies.

Niall Hutchinson

Thanks for all your input guys but it seems too me that you all have half decent G.C teams already do you not think it would be fairer if you had a better crack at the whip when you first became a gold member at managing a decent side in the Gold divisions therefore keeping your interest and continual subscription. Multiple G.C creation would only increase your chances by a factor of 2' date='3,4 depending on how many created at the same time but when your talking about 8,000 members into 200 max clubs that is still not that good odds. What im suggesting makes it more appealing to new members and to take the game forward that is the best stand point.

They said 17/8/09

Hi Niall,

In the next few weeks we will be introducing a reserve club feature which will enable current Gold Members, for a small fee, to reserve a club in a Gold Game World before it opens up to everyone else.

Regards

Sarah

SM Support Team

At the moment this is where they stand, they realise there is great demand for G.C places and they think they are able to make money from it. Which is fair enough but i think to get in new members and more revenue they need to make the better teams in G.C more easly available to new members, or the only revenue they will have is those managers already with decent G.C teams renewing their subscriptions.

Sorry this is so long thanks for your replies.

Niall Hutchinson[/quote']

Thanks for posting the feedback message, i enjoyed seeing what Sarah replied to you,looking forward to it.Keep me informed of your progress

This is all they have told me so far but as you said it would have to be a first come first serve basis and with what 25 at the most top wanted sides, i think this idea quickly becomes unfeasible. What will happen is people will pay for the top clubs only taking out the supposedly random and fair creation of G.C. Anyway this gets away from my original point i just posted that to show you where they stand. Soon to get the best out of this site you will have to pay. This will make the tag line "make the greatest online football managment game and let the world play it for free" A lie.