Survivor Setup Official Thread

Re: Survivor Setup Official Thread

sw8js9.jpg

13201657gu5.jpg

16342128br7.jpg

On paper the favourites would have to have been Barcelona but the beauty of the cup is the underdogs can always provide a surprise. This was one such time and although it took penalties to get a winner it was a shock result.

Barcelona are going strong in the league and RobbieM has inherited and added too to make a quality side. Fenerbache have taken a chance on relative unknown Johann Mendez who has only a couple of games under him as Fenerbache boss.

Sanli Tuncay gave Fenerbache the lead before half time finishing off a slick finishing move to send half of the nearly 89,000 fans into hysterics. The lead was cut short not long into the second half when Ronaldinho poked home to level things. Giovanni Van Bronckhorst had the chance to be Barca's hero on 82 but missed a wide open goal.

Fenerbache ran out to win the shootout by two goals and celebrate a historic win as they get there first silverware in the Survivor setup.

Heres the managers reactions first of is RobbieM.

'Hi Steve always glad to answer questions to my favourite journalist. Ok well first of all I would like to say congratulations to Johann and the team at Fenerbahçe as on the night I felt they deserved it and if you look at the stats it shows who could've had the game wrapped up in 90 minutes and unfortunately it wasn't us. I felt we made the right choice with our players, tactics and everyone seemed motivated before the match, Somehow that wasn't translated on the pitch. To name a couple of missed chances for us the most notable was van Bronkhorst's chance in the 11th minute where he was through on goal after a rebound from the keeper but shot over the bar and also Gonzalez also missed a glorious chance when he broke through and just had the keeper to beat. As for the penalties... it's back to the training pitch I think!. I could rue missed chances all day but the fact of the matter is we didn't win, however we have had a fantastic cup run that generated plenty of money for our club and gave the fans a lot of excitement along the way! Finally, I would like to add it's all about the league for Barca now and we press on full steam ahead!'

The winner of the cup Johann Mendez.

'Thank you. I feel very happy with my players' performance. They worked very hard for this. We had our share of possession and had more chances in the game. Like I said last time, I expected a tight match and this showed it. When they pulled back, it was a bit of a disbelief as we had the lead before the break. But still, at the end, it was still a pretty nervy ending, but nevertheless a good one for Fenerbahce Football Club.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATCHDAY 23

BARCELONA 2 - 2 MILAN

Henry and Gonzalez put Barca two up before Milan fought back with Sneijder and Drogba.

thierry_henry_barca_the_associated_.jpg

BAYERN MUNICH 1 - 0 FENERBACHE

Wayne Rooneys early strike seals points for home side as cup winners come crashing down.

BENFICA 1 - 0 VILLAREAL

Luizao pops up on the hour for the win.

CHELSEA 2 - 0 VALENCIA

Toni and Kalou in the second half gave all three points to Chelsea.

kalou_salomon2_000.jpg

INTER MILAN 1 - 3 FC SCHALKE

Ibrahimovic gets Inter off to a good start until Gilberto, Pardo and Ernst win game for Schalke.

JUVENTUS 3 - 3 MANCHESTER UNITED

Back and forth contest with Nedved and two for Altintop, Marcelinho, Morientes and Gilardino reply for United.

LYON 2 - 2 REAL MADRID

Tiago opens scoring for Lyon before double Ronaldo goals give Madrid the lead. Juninho scores in second period to earn Lyon a point.

_41516242_juninho203x270.jpg

ROMA 2 - 2 CSKA MOSCOW

All goals in the first twenty minutes with Del Piero and Perrotta for Roma. Metzelder and Ignashevic for the visitors.

SEVILLA 3 - 1 ARSENAL

Jo double and Renato earn home side win, Camoranesi with consolation for visitors.

WERDER BREMEN 1 - 2 SHAKHTAR DONETSK

Reyes fires Bremen in front before Keane and Elano take the points for Donetsk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRANSFERS

BOSINGWA, Jose from FC Porto to Barcelona 91 £6.0M and Presas OLEGUER and Mendes SILVINHO

JAVI MARTÍNEZ, Aguinaga from Milan to Werder Bremen 87 £9.0M

Plus Roma signing about twenty odd players, see Jinkys post for details.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Survivor Setup Official Thread Welcome to the first of hopefully many Survivor weekly programmes giving us a insight into what is going on and including genuine interviews with the partici

Re: Survivor Setup Official Thread Johann Mendez Takes Over at Fenerbahce Johann Mendez has taken over unmanaged side Fenerbahce. The new manager had observed from the stands today during Fener

Re: Survivor Setup Official Thread SURVIVOR SHIELD SEMI FINAL FC SCHALKE 0 - 0 INTER MILAN A near sold out ArenaAuf witnessed a tense affair as neither side wanted to take chances in a vita

Posted Images

as_roma.jpg

As.Roma Club News

As.Roma yesterday unveiled 21 new signings which included 14 South American wonderkids.The Roma chairman Franco Sensi flew out to South America with a close associate and had just 15 hours in which to seal the transfers for which Mr.Friel (The One) had said he needed.

The chairman had promised to back Friel and he has delivered with a staggering 160m already spent on potential superstars and also promised more to come.It was reported that Roma launched a more than respectable offer for England International Theo Walcott which was estimated to be around the 18m mark but was instantly rejected by coach Paul C Thame.

Four of the players recently signed jumped straight into the starting 11 to face Cska Moscow (A CARLINHOS) (A McGEADY) (L MIGUEL VELOSO) (Del Piero) and (Matias Fernandez) took a place on the subs bench.

Friel had done his homework for the match and was 90% certain The Red Army would go with a 4-3-3 formation and things couldn't have gone better as in the very first minute the little Italian Del Piero nodded home from a inch perfect cross from the wing and sent the fans into ruptures.

The lead wasn't to last for long just under 6 minutes if your counting, when C.Metzelder picked up a short corner and curled a spectacular right footer past the unsighted and bemused keeper A.Doni.

16 minutes gone and already a action packed first half Central Defender S IGNASHEVICH struck a hit and hope shot towards A.Doni but the shot was hit with such venom he failed to get anywhere near it as it flew by him straight into the roof of the net.

It was looking like the honey moon period was over for Friel(The One) before it had even began losing two goals in only a matter of minutes but Friel called

Captain Totti over for a few words and instantly he was on at the team to pull there finger out. Justified words from Friel and Totti had the team doing their best to get a equalizer and who other than Vice captain S.Perrotta who was on cue to show the new lads just how it is done, Perotta received the ball about 25 yards out and turned two defenders outside-in and slotted home to bring Roma back level.

The second half saw Cska Moscow edge more of the possession and therefore had more efforts on goal but both sides failed to convert and it ended in a 2-2 draw although Matias Fernandez who came on on the 75minute and was having a fairly average game had the chance to make himself a instant fan favorite with just 2 minutes left on the clock he tried his luck from 25 yards out with the ball smashing off the crossbar which had it went in would have been one to remember.

M*.O*.M

f_Del%20Piero17880da634e94-ad74-4a59-aaa3-178cfff20bc.jpg

Friel (The One) was interviewed after the match and had the following to say.

Interviewer: The One as you wished to be called how do you feel you team performed

The One: Well if I'm being honest Cska Moscow although a very good side I really expect us to be winning these matches, I have no excuses for the way the team performed as they did what I asked of them they kept Vagner Love out of the game but what we weren't expecting was two cb's to score. For me it was a below average performance and I will be letting the boys no that if they want to keep their luxouris salaries never mind a starting place they had better start winning matches. This club deserves success and if they fail to perform the will be replaced with no hesitation.They have been giving time but very little time to gel and I can only put this result down to this.

Can I also congratulate Fernerbache and their new coach Mr.Mendez for pulling off a shock result against Barcelona and just let him know that he is only keeping the trophy warm for the Giallorossi

With the Champions struggling to find the Form to try and retain the title ,Crazy found that some players and the fitness coach had been out on the tiles until early hours of the morning instead of following strict guidlines before match days of being home and in bed by 10pm.

Crazy Bones has decided to replace the fitness coach with one that he thinks will do a far better job ,for this he must thank fellow manager Leamington Steve who recommended an ex girlfriend who he assured while she would do a great job fitness wise ,he thinks i will have no problem with them going out for a late drink with her .

14322.JPG

sw9vg3.jpg

Survivor Shield » Final (Tue 13th Nov)

The two italian giant of the same city did battle on the grandest stage as Inter met AC in front of 88,429 fans at Wembley. Both sides opted for a 3-5-2 formation with Inter slightly more defensive. With only two minutes gone Louis Saha had the perfect chance to open the scoring but saw his lob go agonisingly over the bar. Inter took time to warm up and Luis Figo's surge into the box was the closest they had got to the goal in the first twenty minutes. Adrian Mutu hit the crossbar which was the closest either side had come in the first half.

The second half began furiously with AC taking the lead with the first attack of the half. Christiano Ronaldo found the net with a superb lob over the stricken Buffon. Ronaldo and AC were taking control of the game and it was no surprise when Didier Drogba struck to send the red side into jubilations. Clarence Seedorf nearly made it three and game over but his shot hit the post. Inter had no answer and could only muster a couple of half chances. Official Goran Saric blew for time and AC were crowned Shield champions for season three.

Both managers gave interviews following the game, SW caught up with runner up Ivan Sakoman who was disapointed to say the least.

'I was disappointed as we beat them a week ago with same formation, while playing away. But life goes on, we lost in the finals like in season one, but we were the league champions in season one. I hope we see the replay of that.'

AC Milan manager Raz Hooley 'Its a great achievement for the club. It's been a tough old contest and it has certainly take its tole on the players over the last couple of weeks, but our morale and our determination to bring silverware home was the main factor I feel.

The game as I expected was pretty flat in the first half, with neither side creating many chances at all, John Terry was a massive influence at the back for us again and it was a big plus to have him back in for this game.'

'Saha had the only decent chance of the half for us, and Dida made some fantastic stops. But we had plenty of posession and all we had to do was try and test the keeper a little more and that was my message to the lads at half time. Just keep playing your game and the chances will come and they did thankfully, straight from the off. A superb through-ball from Essien and a fantastic lobbed finish from Cristiano Ronaldo set us in the right direction.'

'We started creating more chances and kept hold of the ball for long periods of the game and made inter chase the ball and they started to tire, another good throughball and onto it ran Drogba and smashed it home. Inter certainly made it hard for us and Ivan is a fantastic manager and did brilliantly well to get his side to the final, but I thought we thoroughly desrved the victory and now we can get back onto concentrating on the league.'

MATCHDAY 24

ARSENAL 2 - 1 CSKA MOSCOW

Vagner Love gives CSKA the lead, Messi and Zigic in the second half hands win to Arsenal.

FENERBACHE 1 - 0 WERDER BREMEN

Galletti scores before half time to keep all three points at home.

FC SCHALKE 0 - 1 BARCELONA

Ronaldinho goal enough to win the Mawby derby for RobbieM

MANCHESTER UNITED 1 - 0 BAYERN MUNICH

Salihamidic pops up on 13minutes to give United three precious points.

MILAN 4 - 0 BENFICA

Shield winners carry on fine form with goals from Drogba, Terry, Nesta and Seedorf.

REAL MADRID 1 - 0 JUVENTUS

Luis Ronaldo on 37minutes the difference between these clubs.

SEVILLA 0 - 1 LYON

Florent Malouda wins the game for ten man Lyon.

SHAKHTAR DONETSK 3 - 1 CHELSEA

Two for Keane and one for Vukic too much for the champions who reply with Xabi Alonso

VALENCIA 1 - 2 INTER MILAN

Inter get over shield misery with two Cruz goals on way to victory. Huntelaar replys for home side.

VILLAREAL 3 - 3 ROMA

Forlan and Samoza put Villareal into healthy lead cut short by Del Piero. The gap restored by Forlan was cut again by Perrotta before Simao rescues Roma a point.

Fernandez Luis Garcia is the only transfer of the week joining Milan from Espanyol. The 91rated forward may find it hard to break into the first team with Mutu and Drogba but manager Razz must see some potential there as he sent Massimo Oddo and Carlos Mineiro the other way.

MATCHDAY 25

BARCELONA 3 - 2 VALENCIA

Huntelaar gives Valencia ealry lead before Barca hit back with Ronaldinho and two from Jankulovski. Ruben Baraja grabs one back for visitors.

BAYERN MUNICH 1 - 1 REAL MADRID

Vidic puts Madrid ahead but Munich score through Makaay to earn a point for both sides.

BENFICA 3 - 1 FC SCHALKE

All goals came in the first half with Podolski and Ujfalusi before Saviola hit one back. Hargreaves makes sure of the points for home side.

CHELSEA 1 - 2 FENERBACHE

Crespo and Deivid score for Fenerbache as ten man champions lose again, Robben grabs there consolation.

CSKA MOSCOW 3 - 2 VILLAREAL

Villareal throw away two goal lead as Riquelme and Marcos headed them on course to victory. CSKA hit back with Kone, Quagliarella and Vagner Loves late winner.

INTER MILAN 1 - 3 SHAKHTAR DONETSK

Keane on hand for Donetsk before Viera levels, Keane grabs a second and its then added onto by Elano.

JUVENTUS 4 - 0 SEVILLA

Juve cruise to win with Pepe, two from Bojinov and Trezeguet to add more woe to the struggling Sevilla.

LYON 1 - 1 ARSENAL

Zigic gives Arsenal the lead, Lyon respond through Mario Gomez.

ROMA 4 - 0 MILAN

Milan come down to earth with a bump, Roma riotous with goals from Chivu, Escudero, Perrotta and Tonetto.

WERDER BREMEN 2 - 0 MANCHESTER UNITED

Ten men Bremen hang on after goals from Emerson and Reyes in this bottom half of the table contest.

leagueqm4.jpg

as_roma.jpg

AS.ROMA CLUB NEWS

Transfer Activity

Roma have signed 2 more players in recent days past as the chairman once more proves that he has giving Friel(TheOne) his absolute full backing financial wise.

Friel Captured Tomas Rocchi from fierce Rome rivals SS.Lazio with fringe players Marco Casetti and Predrag Djordjevic moving the opposite way

With all 3 players not leaving the city and already knowing their new surroundings with just moving to new dressing rooms fans should and will expect big performances with little time to settle

7244.jpg

Franco Sensi alearted Friel of the availability of Brasillian International Maxwell and without hesitation Friel had the player signed up before you could say chicken noodle soup

As part of this deal the clubs top scorer and fan favorite V.Montella and Georgian International S.Adverladze were off loaded to Atletico Madrid

maxwell.jpg

Maxwell

franco_sensi.jpg

Chairman View

Franco Sensi spoke of how proud he was to be the Roma chairman and a life long supporter of the club as Roma Defeated Milan by 4 goals to nill at the Stade de Olimpico

Sensi said Friel has of yet to win some supporters over but winning by such a clear margin he is most definatly on his way to doing so

He went on to say that he has been very impressed with how Friel operates in the transfer market and how he looked to secure the clubs financial future by bringing in such talented youth players

Mr.Sensi also revealed that there still may be one more signing on the cards before his checkbook closes for the season

The One unsure of Lemington

Ahead of there upcoming division one clash Friel spoke highly of Lemington saying he thought Steve was a all round nice guy away from football but was yet undecided on him as a manager

Friel stated he had the utmost respect for Steve like he has for every manager in the league but feels his side are far superiror and said they fear no-one and the players and myself expect us to win this match

Pre-Match build up

schalke.jpgVS1241.gif

ArenaaufSchalke_Gelsenkirchen.jpg

Gelsenkirchen 62,000

This match has been put down as a home win by bookmakers with odds as follows

4/7 - 2/1 - 11/2

Schalke have home advantage and that is all that seperates both teams

M.Bordon is the only player unavailable for Lemington after picking up a injury which will keep him sidelined for up to 2 weeks

Roma who shouldn't be to fazed playing in front of which is expected to be a full house have 1 player out also that being new recruit Matias Fernandez who is serving a susspension

Schalke's last 5 games at home has seen them pick up a just 6 points with wins against Chelsea and Bayern Munich

Roma's last 5 games away has seen them pick up a lackluster 3 points with draws against Villareal Benfica and Bayern Munich

Schalke Key Players

Holland_Stam_L.jpg

Club Captain Jaap Stam who has announced he will retire at the end of the season will have his hands full as he is up against Italian Club Captain Franceso Totti

Where he lacks pace Stam makes up with invaluble experience and is a great psyical threat in opposing boxes

el_mejor_diego_milito.jpg

Diego Milito is Schalke's best forward but in recent matches has been playing second fiddle to the likes of Saviola and Kuijt

Milito if he starts will make his 72nd league appearence for the club scoring just 14 goals but has recieved his fair share m.*o.*m.* and has contributed

plenty of assists

Roma Key Players

totti_66242.jpg

Club captain Totti will more than likely start along side either Del Piero or new signing Rocchi and as always will need to be paid close attention as he is lethal in all departments

simone_perrotta_203x152.jpg

Simone Perotta only started 2 games for his previous manager this season but has once again established hmself as a 1st team member by scoring 3 in 5 and also contributing 3 assists

Schalke_04.png

VS

logoRomaClub.jpg

Veltins-Arena

Gelsenkirchen

schalke2.jpg

In what was billed by bookmakers to be a tightly contested match between two good sides with maybe Schalke just scraping a win was not to be and has probably cost them their Christmas bonus for getting this one oh so wrong.

The pre-match build up had the Roma manager and his players heading into the game rather confident especially after (The One) had masterminded his team to a heroic 4-0 demolition of cup holders Milan the previous week at the Stade de Olimpico when on paper Milan looked favorites.

Schalke manager Lemington was also feeling confident even though his side has had a slight dip in form of late and was looking to get the team back to winning ways which saw them win 4 games in a row before slipping up against Barcelona and Benfica.

The press hype surrounding the match was nothing short of spectacular and the ArenaAuf Schalke Stadium was just 500 supporters short of a full house with a attendance of 61,496

Match Highlights

You could bank on the first half being action packed and it certainly was to say the least. The away side were first to open the goal scoring account with prolific striker Alessandro Del Piero showing fantastic footwork just outside the box then slotting home to the crowds dismay.

itb.jpg

In between the next goal both sides had excellent opportunities with Damián ESCUDERO clean through on goal with just the keeper to beat but hit the outside of the post. Meanwhile at the other end Gilberto latched onto a rebound after Doni fumbled but to the supporters and his manager disbelief he blasted it agonisingly over the cross bar.

With not so long gone since Gilberto's miss he was once again in the thick of it breaking up a counter attack from Roma with a tremendous tackle exucuted to pefection that sent Roma on the back foot. Schalke kept piling on the pressure and it payed off when Holland International Dirk Kuijt made a mockery of the Roma back line and smashed the ball with vemon into the roof of the net to give the fans hope and put his side level.

kuyt180706_228x199.jpg

There were two more goals before half time one from the Little Italian mystro (Del Piero) to take his tally to two for the match and 4 goals in 4 appearences. The other unlikely candidate was none other than former Auxerre center half Phillip Mexes who tapped in a rebound and just seemed over joyed that he had scored not caring how it was done.

1057024926_d8c4532586_o.jpg

The second half saw both keepers under quite some pressure with Doni just doing enough to keep Schalke at bay. Not to be out done by his opponent STEKELENBURG started put on his on show even if his strikers weren't,

STEKELENBURG pulled off no less than 3 out of this world saves, one by stopping a overhead kick, one by stopping the ball on the line after a fine save from a Roma counter attack and last but not least a powerful drive that was swearving in the air kept him on his toes but the number 1 showed great composure and positioning to mark a wonderful individual performace.

As time was ticking away for Schalke and some fans already heading for the exit with still 15 minutes to go, club captain Totti tried his luck with a low drive beating STEKELENBURG to make the final score 4-1.

totti.jpg

Final Score Schalke 1-4 Roma

M*.O*.M

mexes1.jpg

Phillip Mexes

Pictured Celebrating His Goal In Todays Match

sw10py1.jpg

Its hard to ignore Barcelona manager RobbieM. His side have led for most of the season but after defeat to Manchester United the teams behind had a chance to catch up.

We spoke with RM after a bittersweet victory over Fenerbache who beat them in the cup final.

Victory over Fenerbache, sweet revenge?

Hi Steve, Yeah you could say its sweet revenge however I'd say its 3 points on the board and as the season gets closer and closer towards the end its getting really tight at the top too! I thought we played well tonight, it was good technically sound football with strong attacking rhythm and clever defending when we didn't have the ball so I'm glad with the effort of my boys.Theres no easy games in this league but who of your last eleven are you likely to be worried about?

Who are we worried about? There's some big games there, some real six pointers if you will (Rob points out later on that he hates that term!) so we will take it one game at a time and hope good results against the likes of Real Madrid and Manchester United can set up a piece of silverware for barca.

Cols had his ups and downs with Benfica, now back on the up the once early leaders of the setup are trying to get back into the hunt.

Great win over Shakhtar with three points seperating you in 4th and 11th how important was this win over one of the sides in that pack?

Yes it was a big win for us the league is so tight nobody can afford to take there foot of the gas

You had a great start then a slightly troublesome middle, you must be pleased to be 4th or do you see Benfica higher up?

Could never had imagined a start like we had but then like all teams do we hit a bad spell. To be in 4th place at this stage is great but with 11 games to go there still a lot of football to be played

With a game against Real Madrid coming up in a couple of games will you be resting the bigger players for that one?

Not sure about that at the moment but we have good squad and with Inzaghi back after a long time out he may get a run out in 1 of the next 2 games

The setups newest recruit has wasted no time getting Roma up the table and into a better position. Jinky has a confidence around him that can only adhere to the Roma faithful. SW spoke to 'the one' before there game with Shakhtar

How are you enjoying life at Roma?

Life at Roma is treating me well whats not to enjoy my team are now fireing on all cylinders after disapointing performaces at Moscow and Villareal. We are currently unbeating in 5 scoring a impressive 15 goals in the process. The chairman Mr.Sensi has backed me and gave me his blessing to continue spending but I feel we have a passionate squad that understand the importance of this club and that give 110% every game . I so far have been very impressed with our new recruits especially Escudero who has been putting in outstanding performances while bagging 2 goals in 3 games.

You like to be known as the special one amongst other superlatives and so far no one can say your not, whats been your secret so far?

Just to clear things up I don't regard myself as the special one just (TheOne).

My secret to sucess is to always do my homework and to buy players that have great abilty and tremendous potential other than that I basically just get my players in the right mental psyche before each and every match.

1 more point I would like to get across is that Roma deserve sucess and no 1 I repeat no 1 will stand in this clubs way.

Thank you very much for taking the time to interview me it must have been a pleasure.

leagueyu1.jpg

SUNDAYS GAMES

All eyes will be on the result at the Camp Nou on sunday as Barcelona host Real Madrid. 1st vs 3rd and seperated by two points a win for the visitors could see them go top but only if Milan in second fail to beat FC Schalke. Benfica or Shakhtar Donetsk who are having superb seasons could break into the top three depending on results.

The unpleasant side of the setup also hosts a important game with the bottom two meeting. Villareal meet Valencia in a must win game for both sides. One of the two could escape the bottom two if Arsenal fail to beat Bayern Munich. A draw between the bottom two and a Arsenal win would be very welcoming for Pthame.

• 2 weeks later...

sw11zr7.jpg

MATCHDAY 30 ROUND UP

Milan moved to the top of the survivor table with a away day victory over struggling Valencia. Madrid, Shakhtar, Juventus and Roma also recorded three point hauls to keep up the chase.

In the days early kick off Jehans Bayern Munich proved too strong at home for Werder Bremen as a Juan Veron goal settled the game. Milan brushed aside Valencia whislt Barcelona were held to a draw by Sevilla. Real Madrid had Mahamadou Diarra to thank for there win scoring the only goal in the win over Benfica. In the evening kick off Roma took three points away from Manchester United with second half goals from Armando Petit and Simao earning them a two nil win.

CSKA Moscows trip to Turkey did not end well as they went down to Mendez's Fenerbache . Fabio Quagliarella fired CSKA into an early lead but Fenerbache hit back with two from De Souza Deivid and Sanli Tuncay.

Lokomotiv were treated to a six goal spectacle as bottom side Villareal did not fair well against Donetsk. Dan Paynes side endured another miserable afternoon as Barry Ferguson put a hattrick past them. Jose Mari provided the only highlight scoring for Villareal.

Alan Nellers Chelsea side battlled hard at Delle Alpi but when they gave David Trezeguet too much space to strike in the 84th minute the goal gave Juventus the points. Alessandro Mancini gave Sevilla an early lead who then handed Barcelona a chance to win gifting Thierry Henry two goals before the break. Jesus Navas levelled late on to save a point and knock Barca off the top.

Milan took there chance and Razza's side had no problem beating Valencia, David Pizarro and Louis Saha sending them to the top whilst Valencia continue to miss Adamski's influence as they sit in the bottom two.

The Emirates were treated to a rare win as Arsenal look to pull away from trouble. A two nil win over Schalke gave Pthame reason to celebrate and has Luis Garcia and Andres Iniesta to thank. Season one champs Inter had won there game over Lyon in the first half scoring three times.

• 2 weeks later...

THE BEST LEAGUE IN SM HAS THE BEST FINISH IN PROSPECT

Two matches to play and six teams are still hoping to be crowned season three champions. Leading the way are Milan a point ahead of Shakhtar. Juventus, Barcelona, Chelsea and Real Madrid all follow but need maximum points.

TO PLAY:

MILAN - juventus & bayern munich

DONETSK - real madrid & sevilla

JUVENTUS - milan & schalke

BARCELONA - arsenal & benfica

CHELSEA - roma & cska

MADRID - shakhtar donetsk & fenerbache

What a prospect then if Madrid and Juve can beat Shakhtar and Milan and the others also win the top six will be seperated by two points going into the last game. The top six then miss each other for the final game of the season so expect a interesting final day.

Theres still issues to be sorted at the bottom of the table and three managers will be hoping to miss out of the bottom two or face losing there club. Already resorted to resigning will be Villareal's Dan Payne who after one season in charge looks likely to finish bottom with his side five points adrift.

Valencia have spent most the season managerless and will be glad to get a new boss for season four. They trail Paul Thames Arsenal by a point with Georges CSKA and Dino's Bremen also looking shaky.

TO PLAY:

BREMEN - cska & villareal

CSKA - werder bremen & chelsea

ARSENAL - barcelona & benfica

VALENCIA - sevilla & lyon.

Whoever wins the Bremen/CSKA match will almost certainly be safe.

The sides that are unmanaged will go to the members already in the setup first. As the bottom two managers have to leave there sides then they will normally take one of the free sides. Whoever is free will then be advertised somewhere on the forum and i will take names and decide who then. Thanks for the interest.

Guest msissio

So since no one is managing Valencia, only the manager in 20th place (who has to leave) gets first dibs on them? If he chooses Bayern, you advertise Valencia and the last place team somewhere else, correct? Just want to make things clear.

PS- How many matches left in this season?

So since no one is managing Valencia' date=' only the manager in 20th place (who has to leave) gets first dibs on them? [i']If[/i] he chooses Bayern, you advertise Valencia and the last place team somewhere else, correct? Just want to make things clear.

PS- How many matches left in this season?

Thats pretty much it, there is two games left to play.

AN EXPLOSIVE ENDING IN SIGHT

Going into matchday38 and Milan head the table despite drawing with Juventus, the draw ends Juves chances of winning the title. Shakhtar suffered a home defeat at Real Madrid but stay second. Madrid will need a massive scoreline to win the title so they are pretty much out of the race. Barcelona and Chelsea won and will remain in the title race going into thursdays game.

TO PLAY:

MILAN - bayern munich

DONETSK - sevilla

BARCELONA - benfica

CHELSEA - cska

So Milan need a win to confirm themselves as champions although a draw will do if Shakhtar and Barcelona fail to win. If Milan lose Barcelona will have to win there game by one more goal than Shakhtar otherwise Shakhtar will be champions. Chelsea need the above three to lose or Milan to lose and Shakhtar and Barcelona to draw to win the league and retain there crown.

Villareals surprise win over Munich gives them slight hope of survival, Valencia went down to Sevilla as well as Arsenal being defeated by Barca. CSKA also lost to Bremen who are now safe.

TO PLAY:

CSKA - chelsea

ARSENAL - benfica

VALENCIA - lyon

VILLAREAL - werder bremen

Villareal need to beat Bremen and hope that Valencia and Arsenal lose to survive the drop although Valencia drawing and Arsenal losing can save them but they need to win by two clear goals. Valencia can survive with a win and a loss for either Arsenal or CSKA although a draw will do if Villareal and Arsenal lose. Arsenal need a win but anything less will depend on Villareal and Valencia. CSKA need to match Valencia or Arsenals results to be ok.

After the final game the bottom two managers will have to leave there sides, i will be taking down names for the vacencys as well as Bayern and Valencia and filling up those four spots via a random draw. Please PM me if interested in joining the setup.

I'm excited :D

A historic double is on the cards for Milan! I'd rather of gone to somewhere else to confirm the title though (if), not my old club Bayern Munich :( Wish everyone luck for the final game of the season though - it's been an excellent season. Whatever happens I will be happy with my sides performances this season. When I took over they were around 15th and struggling under Dan Payne. I took them over, and with not too many alterations as far as players are concerned I've managed to win the cup the season after and got them sitting top with 1 game to go.

You'd only be taking on a team that I built ;):rolleyes:

Yeh i saw in your previous post. They are pretty strong although a few players are getting on a bit and they have a pretty depleted squad. But, they have a very healthy bank balance of 103millio pounds which has attrected the attention of myself. I just hope Leammy lets me join!

franco_sensi.jpg

Roma chairman satisfied with (The One's)performance after ending the season on a high after defeating Inter Milan by 2 goals to nil.

The One in charge for a total of 16 games at the Olimpico stadium managed a respectable league position after starting out 17th he took his side up the table to 7th and in the process defeated the eventual league champions by 4-0.

16 games in charge out of a total 48 points Roma managed 29 and Roma chairman Franco Sensi has stated that he will make money available to build on what has been a relativley successful season.

Roma have already seen some of the money promised as they captured the signatures of Amauri from Palermo in a P/E for B.Mccarthy and also highly rated Italian Cigarini from Parma for 6m

3920071042amauri-caso.jpg

Amauri

20071011170329.jpg

RAZZA HAS DONE IT, MILAN ARE CHAMPIONS

Razza went to his old side Bayern Munich and thumped them four nil to win the survivor setup championship. Following Inter and Chelseas successes Milan also achieved a first by winning the double after also securing the shield. Hard luck to Chelsea who's poor start let them down and made them give up there crown. Also well done to Shakhtar who have found there man in Wolfcatt and probably my manager of the season.

As the title states Survivor means you have to finish out of the bottom two or lose your teams, sadly for Arsenal's Paul Thame who has been with Arsenal since the start and Villareal's Dan Payne who took over at the start of season three they have to release there sides.

How this next part works: Firstly the free sides Bayern Munich, Valencia, Arsenal and Villareal will be offered to the current members of the setup. Any sides not taken by sunday night will then be offered to members who want to join the setup and a random draw will take place to determine who gets who. Please PM me to be included and please only apply if you mean to keep the side.

George has decided to stay with CSKA Moscow for at least another season, even though a disappointing start to his career in Russia.

Adding to last season's signing of Diniyar Bilyaletdinov, another Russian is the only pre season addition so far.

Pavel Pogrebynyak moves to the club, with £8.9 million, Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink and Jackie McNamara heading to his old club Tom Tomsk.

With over £25 million left, the club are expected to make a few more signings before next Sunday's start.

Jewiss has taking over the helm at Arsenal.

Jewiss had this to see, 'I am pleased to be in one of the best leagues and managing one of the best teams. We have a great squad and i am obviously looking to stregnthen in all areas.'

When asked what talent he would go for he said this, 'we have a lot of quality and depth but i think we need some home grown talent in the side, just to keep morale up, i am of course interested in, Baines, Roseneir and Nicky Hunt and we will have to see what their coaches say.'

Jewiss would like to thank Steve for getting the job to Jewiss and the previous coach who did a great job here'.