Foreseeable Problem

Jack14

Hi i was just thinking before that the maximum rating a player can be given is 99 or it could be 100 but thinking of this messi could say warrant a rise to 100 along with ronaldo but there may be a gulf in class between the two so i think that every players rating on the game should be dropped by -2 or so so that there will be more accuracy in the ratings. Also at the moment messi is very young imagine what he is going to be like 3/4 years from now much better than a 98 imo

If everyones rating is decreased it should not make a difference in Chairman Values.

Id like to hear your responses Jack

Just realised it is in wrong section could a mod change it to suggestions and improvements :)

Re: Foreseeable Problem

I think a player would need to be completely out of this world and unplayable in every match to warrant going higher than 99, i think if Messi continues playing brilliantly like he did last season he may even get a 99, but i dont think a 100 rating is needed, as sm would probably decrease ronaldo if a bigger gulf in class became apparent

Errr.. basically.

There is a more general argument though that there is a bigger gulf in class between players in RL than exists in SM. Take, for example, Kevin Davis of Bolton and C Ronaldo.

Now, he's currently rated 88 which is fair considering his ability compared with other players in his team and generally the division. Ronaldo, on the other hand is rated 98. There are two ways of seeing this - depending on how the game engine works. If each player is POTENTIALLY on a rating out of 100 then it makes Ronaldo just 10% better player than Davies, which is patently not the case. If however, 1pt of rating carries more weight in the game engine than 1% then it could be fair. This may be the case because ratings only start at around 66 - suggesting that each 1pt of rating = 3% of ability. This would produce a much more convincing argument that Ronaldo is 30% more effective as a player than Davies.

Errr.. basically.

There is a more general argument though that there is a bigger gulf in class between players in RL than exists in SM. Take' date=' for example, Kevin Davis of Bolton and C Ronaldo.

Now, he's currently rated 88 which is fair considering his ability compared with other players in his team and generally the division. Ronaldo, on the other hand is rated 98. There are two ways of seeing this - depending on how the game engine works. If each player is POTENTIALLY on a rating out of 100 then it makes Ronaldo just 10% better player than Davies, which is patently not the case. If however, 1pt of rating carries more weight in the game engine than 1% then it could be fair. This may be the case because ratings only start at around 66 - suggesting that each 1pt of rating = 3% of ability. This would produce a much more convincing argument that Ronaldo is 30% more effective as a player than Davies.[/quote']

Great post... must agree with it ;)