What was/will their peak rating?

jokerboy1994

Me and my friends discuss this in school. We talk about any footballer and talk about him, good points bad points and then somehow SM gets involved in the convo :D Then the question pops out "What do you think would have been their rating on SM at their peak?" Then we argue with that answer for 5mins. So I thought I will try it here.

Here you can discuss about any footballer and what their SM rating would be at their peak. Also discuss about any young talent and ask what you think their rating will be at their peak(This could help you if you are looking to buy them on SM).

I'll start off.

What do you think Diego Tristan's rating was when he was at Deportivo and embarassed Barthez/Man U in the UCL couple of years back?

Re: What was/will their peak rating?

This topic is THE fun :D

since I'm not La Liga fan I can't think of any rate for Tristan back then

but I really want to see the embarassment of Barthez :P

LOL every time I think of Barthez I recall Henry's (not looking at the goal) shot!

Tristan rate back then? maybe 89/90.

89/90. I was thinking more of 92/93 :s

Now that you mention Barthez' date=' what do you think his peak rating was, he was very good before his blunders?![/quote']

92/93 is possible, after posting my reply I looked him up at Wiki and boy he scored 78 goals in 177 Deportivo appearance.

too bad he ends up playing for Cádiz CF.

I guess I was lame ranking him 89/90, but I don't watch Spanish leage very often.

Barthez, well he won the world cup and played for Man UTD.

I'm guessing his rating was 95+

Me and my friends discuss this in school. We talk about any footballer and talk about him' date=' good points bad points and then somehow SM gets involved in the convo :D Then the question pops out "What do you think would have been their rating on SM at their peak?" Then we argue with that answer for 5mins. So I thought I will try it here.

Here you can discuss about any footballer and what their SM rating would be at their peak. Also discuss about any young talent and ask what you think their rating will be at their peak(This could help you if you are looking to buy them on SM).

I'll start off.

What do you think [b']Diego Tristan[/b]'s rating was when he was at Deportivo and embarassed Barthez/Man U in the UCL couple of years back?

Good thread.

What do you think following ratings would be?

Bryan Robson

Chris Waddle

David Hirst

Ronnie Glavin

Dave Regis

Gerd Muller

Johann Cruyff

Roberto Baggio 96/97

Gerd Muller 96

Johan Cruyff 97

What about Marco Van Basten? Im thinking 97/98

I'd say Cruyff 98, Van Basten 96, Muller 97, Maradonna & Pele only 99's ever, Beckenbauer 97, Bryan Robson 96, Chris Waddle 92, Ronnie Glavin 87, David Hirst 89, Dave Regis 60 (unless the ratings go lower?)

doesnt matter about your book ' date=' its the facts :rolleyes: and ronaldiniho in his day was a special player![/quote']

Course it matters, it's not just my book but a fact that Pele & Maradonna were much better than Ronaldhino, short term and long term. He had a couple of good seasons as the best player in the world at that time. Hardly in the top 5 best players of all time ever was he / is he?

It's the fatal flaw with SM ratings, they rate current players too highly so have nowhere left to go.

Imagine a cross between Rooney, Iniesta, Messi and Kaka bursts onto the scene shortly. What do you rate him 102, 103?

In my opinion they should remove the 99/100 ceiling for ratings.

Course it matters' date=' it's not just my book but a fact that Pele & Maradonna were much better than Ronaldhino, short term and long term. He had a couple of good seasons as the best player in the world at that time. Hardly in the top 5 best players of all time ever was he / is he?

It's the fatal flaw with SM ratings, they rate current players too highly so have nowhere left to go.

Imagine a cross between Rooney, Iniesta, Messi and Kaka bursts onto the scene shortly. What do you rate him 102, 103?

In my opinion they should remove the 99/100 ceiling for ratings.[/quote']

well one that is very very unlikely , and i would rate them 99/100 possibly.... and maradona and pele were better than ronaldiniho whats your point ?

well one that is very very unlikely ' date=' and i would rate them 99/100 possibly.... and maradona and pele were better than ronaldiniho whats your point ?[/quote']

My point is if Ronaldinho can't really have been a 99 as Pele & Maradonna would not only be 100 but have to be 102/103 which is ridiculous. Better than perfect?

My point is if Ronaldinho can't really have been a 99 as Pele & Maradonna would not only be 100 but have to be 102/103 which is ridiculous. Better than perfect?

I think I have turned into Ian Holloway to try and explain things. :D

lmaoo ill just go with that mate , lost you a while back , cheryl cole would have to be a 102 though then surely :D:p