How SM SHOULD Be Moderated. (Aimed Towards Chat)

Guest Toggs

Over the past few months, speaking too alot of mates I've made on my time on here, we are all in agreement that SM and the way it's moderated could be improved massively, and on my 400th Post!, I possibly have the solution too How SM SHOULD Be Moderated.

I know of loads of people who have been banned in the past. Some rightfully and some unfairly, and the majoirty of the times, it's due too 'certain' moderators who think they can abuse the way you are supposes too moderate and ban whoever they like, sometimes for unjustifiable reasons.

From first-hand experience, it's mainly due too the fact certain moderators have friendship groups who influence their decisions, or a moderator generally dislikes a regular chatter and is extra 'harsh' on them.

I think for the most part, the reasons so many bans are handed out are mainly thanks too poor moderation and the fact bans and kicks are handed out pointlessly and without any thought. If that wasn't the case, then the SM Chat would have never have had too close for the length of time it did.

Over time, these bans have led regular chatters too then dislike the moderators doing this, and then they clash and the mods find acceptable reasons too ban people. Only this wouldnt happen if they hadn't banned unfairly in the first place.

I think that the reason some moderators are this lineant towards certain members are because of their ego's, and the fact they don't really care less whever they banned someone or not. I thought this would have changed when Chat returned, and all the mods were given a strict rule guide too banning people, but that hasn't been followed in many cases.

Over time, all the above have caused many regular chatters too lose respect for moderators and this also causes clashes, which eventually cause in bans.

I think the solution would be too let Chatroomers, moderate chat. Doing this would mean chatters would respect the mod in charge, knowing they will be fair and give a toss about the job they're doing, but most importantly, do the job properly.

The same can be applied with the forum, as alot of Chatters dont like using the forum, and the same can be said for the forum. So why can't the creme de la creme of the forumers moderate the froum, and the creme de la creme of the chatters moderate chat? In retrospect, this would, i think, result in alot less argments and bans, and more jobs doing what they are there too do properly.

Feedback appriciated.

Re: How SM SHOULD Be Moderated. (Aimed Towards Chat)

Guess u got banned :P yer i think its a good idea also i think there should be a boot system where the chatroomers can choose to boot the 'chatter' but they need 4 boots against the name to be kicked

yeah, without a good reason as usual by the same usual mod. :rolleyes: haven't seen a bigger ego.

Don't take that as the reason im writing this though. Me and others have thought and put this forward privately many times. I was just waiting for my 4000th if im honest. :o

I like that idea aswell. I think it could be one that could be thought upon, but the prelim' point of the thread was the fact that I feel (And others feel) the current mod system, particaually for chat has it flaws and this is a much better solution.

I think the problem with moderators is that they arn't completly impartial. Which is fair. Once someone has sent you a threatening message or went on a rampage against you, you can't just go ahead and be friends with them again. You can try your best, but it doesn't always work that way.

I know of a few people who have sent me these messages (you know who you are...) and then try pushing buttons on chat. Usually I just suck it up, but do it on a bad day and you'll get kicked. If you look for it, you'll get it.

Problem is, supers don't always take the treatment of their mods too seriously. Bans are rarely sent out for threats and cursing messages when they should. A few mods I know feel like they are exposed to all artillery, THAT is the problem. Those members who go cry to the supers and write threads like these are also the ones who curse at you and try to pull at all your strings to try to get you to cross the line.

Those are the folks who should be banned. We talk about them. Everyone knows who they are.

Respect is earned. Don't take a leak on one cop's face and expect the other cop to protect you.

I think the problem with moderators is that they arn't completly impartial. Which is fair. Once someone has sent you a threatening message or went on a rampage against you' date=' you can't just go ahead and be friends with them again. You can try your best, but it doesn't always work that way.

I know of a few people who have sent me these messages (you know who you are...) and then try pushing buttons on chat. Usually I just suck it up, but do it on a bad day and you'll get kicked. If you look for it, you'll get it.

Problem is, supers don't always take the treatment of their mods too seriously. Bans are rarely sent out for threats and cursing messages when they should. A few mods I know feel like they are exposed to all artillery, THAT is the problem. Those members who go cry to the supers and write threads like these are also the ones who curse at you and try to pull at all your strings to try to get you to cross the line.

Those are the folks who should be banned. We talk about them. Everyone knows who they are.

Respect is earned. Don't take a leak on one cop's face and expect the other cop to protect you.[/quote']

Not trying too whatsoever.

The true fact is that certain moderators were abusing their chat mod status and not using it properly & fairly. Thats why chat was closed for longer than expected, as new rules needed too be written up too give them something too moderate off of (Which some still refuse too do.)

I've tried too pull strings in the past. Id be lying if I said i havent :) But it's earnt be a reputation that a few mods continue too abuse, due too their ego, as i've stated above Mark. Moda aren't there too 'be friends with you' in all fairness. They are there too do a job, and certain mods aren't/weren't doing the job properly. Some mods will admit that.

I know 'you' talk about them, in your little private threads on here where only the moderators can see. Thats not going too solve anything imo. I think people could thrash out and sort out things more in the open, instead of moderators in some cases trying too turn more people against a certain chatter.

I agree wid ya toggs it used to be that way but it changed but yea i agree..

I know Nath. And I perfered it like that. There was most certantly less bans given out too people who used the chatroom often.

You also cant expect too much moderators are human too (except for me toggs im a snail ;) )

We cant be 100% perfect now can we?

We should obviously be able too expect more than what we are being given, or as I say, chat wouldn't have been shut down for the period it was and new rules wouldnt have too had been drafted up.

Toggs i agree that thats how mods should work its true that sometimes we are biased but its really hard not to be again with the we aren't robots we have minds that can be swayed by different things. Sure sometimes we can get carried away but you can't expect too much.

Toggs i agree that thats how mods should work its true that sometimes we are biased but its really hard not to be again with the we aren't robots we have minds that can be swayed by different things. Sure sometimes we can get carried away but you can't expect too much.

Like I said in the last post, we can.

Your a there too do a job, and thats too silence/kick & ban. Not too let peoples words influences your decisions, that should be a key assett you should have too be given mod status, unfortunatly, that attribute can't be said for alot of the moderators on here, as you state in that quote.

I dont care about what anyones thinks about me on here. It's a forum... :o

We should obviously be able too expect more than what we are being given' date=' or as I say, chat wouldn't have been shut down for the period it was and new rules wouldnt have too had been drafted up.[/quote']

Just think yourself lucky I don't mod in the chatroom, I'd be far to harsh for everyone lol :P

I know Nath. And I perfered it like that. There was most certantly less bans given out too people who used the chatroom often.

It's not about how often they use it' date=' it's about how. You don't get to say swear words after 10 visits.

Not trying too whatsoever.

The true fact is that certain moderators were abusing their chat mod status and not using it properly & fairly. Thats why chat was closed for longer than expected, as new rules needed too be written up too give them something too moderate off of (Which some still refuse too do.)

I've tried too pull strings in the past. Id be lying if I said i havent :) But it's earnt be a reputation that a few mods continue too abuse, due too their ego, as i've stated above Mark. Moda aren't there too 'be friends with you' in all fairness. They are there too do a job, and certain mods aren't/weren't doing the job properly. Some mods will admit that.

I know 'you' talk about them, in your little private threads on here where only the moderators can see. Thats not going too solve anything imo. I think people could thrash out and sort out things more in the open, instead of moderators in some cases trying too turn more people against a certain chatter.

The mod board has nothing to do with it. We are friends as well, which is perfectly fair, we were friends before we became mods. When we get abused, most of us talk about it instead of lashing out at others. You have no idea how often I'd talk to two mods in particular about this stuff. I know it's just the internet, but having a thread dedicated to bashing you is tough to take as a human too.

If you fully admit to being a disturber; I hope you admit it as a step towards changing that. If not, I don't see a reason why you'd still be allowed to use the forum or chat. I don't think there's a place for that on here.

Perhaps some moderators were abusing their status; I don't know. I havn't seen all the logs. When I have seen abuse, I've stated it, any mod will tell you so. I've confronted, been through it all. It ain't no coincidence that I'm not a mod anymore, and trust me I'm not afraid to speak out. However, when a self-proclaimed disturber complains about the way things are run, I'd like to tell you "take it or leave it". I don't think you are right on this point, and I actually think this thread is just another way of getting the mods against you so they can cross the line again and for you to go whine to the supers, once again.

The thread title was promising. New ideas. Yet it's turned into mod bashing again.

*Clap. Clap.*

It's not about how often they use it' date=' it's about how. You don't get to say swear words after 10 visits.

[/quote']

Why is their so many complaints about unfair bannings nowadays then if all the mods use it correctly. The reason they're was so less bannings was because the chatroom mods, were actually chatroomers. They understood how too use it and they didnt have ego's, or dislike anyone in particular, as everyone repsected them too much too dislike them, for the good job they did. :)

The mod board has nothing to do with it. We are friends as well' date=' which is perfectly fair, we were friends before we became mods. When we get abused, most of us talk about it instead of lashing out at others. You have no idea how often I'd talk to two mods in particular about this stuff. I know it's just the internet, but having a thread dedicated to bashing you is tough to take as a human too.

If you fully admit to being a disturber; I hope you admit it as a step towards changing that. If not, I don't see a reason why you'd still be allowed to use the forum or chat. I don't think there's a place for that on here.

Perhaps some moderators were abusing their status; I don't know. I havn't seen all the logs. When I have seen abuse, I've stated it, any mod will tell you so. I've confronted, been through it all. It ain't no coincidence that I'm not a mod anymore, and trust me I'm not afraid to speak out. However, when a self-proclaimed disturber complains about the way things are run, I'd like to tell you "take it or leave it". I don't think you are right on this point, and I actually think this thread is just another way of getting the mods against you so they can cross the line again and for you to go whine to the supers, once again.

The thread title was promising. New ideas. Yet it's turned into mod bashing again.

*Clap. Clap.* [/quote']

It was always going too be a go at the current way chat is modded now. If that wasn't the case, then this thread would have never of been created, as I wouldnt have anything too complain about.

This isn't a thread decicated too bashing anyone. Certain moderators must know they have banned unfairly or without fully ligitimate reasons before in the past on alot of occssions. They know they have done wrong in cases due too the amount of complaints in the past and the thrashing i've been told by a super they have been given. Really, if all the moderators did a good job, new rules wouldn't have had too be made, so their was obviously cases of blantant abuse of their powers.

I'm no longer a 'disturber', i'm saying that I was. Problem is, people still have that impression with me and they let their ego's get in the way of what I actually am like now. Sam and Lee would be two too ask about that. We all hated eachother, but myself and them have admitted and changed on our parts, and we now get along. However, this thread isn't about personal disputes, and wasn't the reason i created it.

Like I said. I 'did' whine too the supers (I've grow up :rolleyes:), and you need too get too your brain the fact i've changed from my immature past, and they're are people who can agree with that. And secondly, stop taking this thread about just me on a personal basis. As is always said, the PM feature should be used for personal disputes, not the public boards...

Im not saying you haven't held certain moderators too their mistakes, have I. Infact, thats completly irrelavant, as has been most of your post. The point of the thread is that certain mods have and some still are abusing their powers.

Keep on the point on the thread, and not too do with me please, or stop posting.

Just think yourself lucky I don't mod in the chatroom' date=' I'd be far to harsh for everyone lol :P[/quote']

Im not sure. You would be the chatroom OAP. You'ld sit at the top of chat whlist everyone ran after you, getting your blanket and crossword :)

Take this thrwad however you want too see it. Something too disagree/agree with, something that could help with the way that it's being modded now, but not changed completly or even a chance for certain moderators too come forward and apologize, as they'd earn alot of respect on alot of peoples part.

At the end of the day... If mods did their job properly, nobody would need too complain. Or at least alot less complaints than they're are now.

Why is their so many complaints about unfair bannings nowadays then if all the mods use it correctly. The reason they're was so less bannings was because the chatroom mods' date=' were actually chatroomers. They understood how too use it and they didnt have ego's, or dislike anyone in particular, as everyone repsected them too much too dislike them, for the good job they did. :)

It was always going too be a go at the current way chat is modded now. If that wasn't the case, then this thread would have never of been created, as I wouldnt have anything too complain about.

This isn't a thread decicated too bashing anyone. Certain moderators [b']must[/b] know they have banned unfairly or without fully ligitimate reasons before in the past on alot of occssions. They know they have done wrong in cases due too the amount of complaints in the past and the thrashing i've been told by a super they have been given. Really, if all the moderators did a good job, new rules wouldn't have had too be made, so their was obviously cases of blantant abuse of their powers.

I'm no longer a 'disturber', i'm saying that I was. Problem is, people still have that impression with me and they let their ego's get in the way of what I actually am like now. Sam and Lee would be two too ask about that. We all hated eachother, but myself and them have admitted and changed on our parts, and we now get along. However, this thread isn't about personal disputes, and wasn't the reason i created it.

Like I said. I 'did' whine too the supers (I've grow up :rolleyes:), and you need too get too your brain the fact i've changed from my immature past, and they're are people who can agree with that. And secondly, stop taking this thread about just me on a personal basis. As is always said, the PM feature should be used for personal disputes, not the public boards...

Im not saying you haven't held certain moderators too their mistakes, have I. Infact, thats completly irrelavant, as has been most of your post. The point of the thread is that certain mods have and some still are abusing their powers.

Keep on the point on the thread, and not too do with me please, or stop posting.

The point of the thread is rediculous. If you have such a problem, send a message to the supers. They are the ones who will say when it's abusing their powers. NOT you.

Again, you are just trying to disturb. I thought you had changed a bit too, to be honest.

Like I said in the last post' date=' we can.

Your a there too do a job, and thats too silence/kick & ban. Not too let peoples words influences your decisions, that should be a key assett you should have too be given mod status, unfortunatly, that attribute can't be said for alot of the moderators on here, as you state in that quote.

I dont care about what anyones thinks about me on here. It's a forum... :o[/quote']

hmm really can we?

how bout you nominate a few people who could that aren't mods mr.toggs

you certainly think you can do a better job dont you? Maybe your just expecting too much.

are you expecting all the mods to have no feelings? if someone is your friend/treats you nicer you're bound to be more swayed. the only way your plan will work is if we have no emotions. is that what your hinting?

Toggs i agree with you

Some of the mods are disagreeing* with you because they dont know what its like being banned unfairly. If some of them new what it was like im sure they would agree

*spelling

Toggs i agree with you

Some of the mods are disagreeing* with you because they dont know what its like being banned unfairly. If some of them new what it was like im sure they would agree

*spelling

Again, if there's a situation, PM a super. Not that hard.

Just stick to the bleeping rules, will ya?

Again' date=' if there's a situation, PM a super. Not that hard.

Just stick to the bleeping rules, will ya?[/quote']

That makes no sence

If you are banned unfairly

How are you breaking the rules ?

The point of the thread is rediculous. If you have such a problem' date=' send a message to the supers. They are the ones who will say when it's abusing their powers. NOT you.

Again, you are just trying to disturb. I thought you had changed a bit too, to be honest.[/quote']

It's not that a problem that should necessarily be tooken up with the supers, as i'm looking for peoples opinions on the matter. If people agree, then maybe sometihng can be done too statisfy both parties. The people that are unhappy with the current situation and the people who disagree with this thread completly. If people didn't agree, PM'ing a Super would be a waste of my valuable time. :)

Ill try too take the bottom p'gragh as a compliment.

hmm really can we?

how bout you nominate a few people who could that aren't mods mr.toggs

you certainly think you can do a better job dont you? Maybe your just expecting too much.

are you expecting all the mods to have no feelings? if someone is your friend/treats you nicer you're bound to be more swayed. the only way your plan will work is if we have no emotions. is that what your hinting?

so toggs....