How SM SHOULD Be Moderated. (Aimed Towards Chat)

Guest Toggs

Guest Football8

Re: How SM SHOULD Be Moderated. (Aimed Towards Chat)

Like I said in a previous post, the rules need to be in that blank space next to the chatroom, then no one can complain if they don't follow rules right in front of their eyes and get banned. (Technically to the right)

Mods need to exactly follow the rules set by Alan to whoever breaks them and with the above I have said, there should be no problems.

I have noticed the so called 'regulars' in chat DO get treated differently to newer members. Time and time again i see the regulars swearing and insulting people without punishment of any sort. Newer members then swear and insult others as everyone else seems to do it without much happening' date=' the only difference is the newer members get kicked and banned for it. Everyone treated equally? No.[/quote']

Aye Like People have been mentioning "Groups".People within These Groups seem to be able to get away with things.Also These Groups seem to pick on New Members and the New Members Retaliate and get Kicked/Banned

Of course there is going to be friendship groups. We're all human, it's not as if we can like every single person we ever come into contact to but some of what has been said is right. The older chatters seem to get less punishments than the newer ones, that's been a problem for as long as I can remember. I've been on the chat for 1 and a half years and I can honestly say I have never been banned. Is that because I'm favoured? You can make your own minds up on that. Like Munt said making the rules in a clear place is a must. How many people compared to the amount on SM actually look on the forum? I doubt it is very many. Mistakes will be made by the mods, a mistaken ban, a ban not given, an unfair kick. We're all human and none of us are perfect. Likewise it is impossible to be completely impartial, some people you will like more than others and for that reason some people you will readily kick and others you will be reluctant to do so. IMO the mods do a great job in this respect. From what I've seen if you break the rules you are kicked, enough said. Those of us who have used chat for a long time know the rules so we know if we ever break them and if we should be kicked. I have sworn on chat and I was kicked for it. I should imagine most people have. Was I favoured then and let off? No. The mods hand out the punishments regardless of who you are and how long you've been there IMO. It has changed since it reopened, for the better in this respect and I don't know why your complaining if I'm honest Toggs. Was it because you were banned, again, after breaking the rules, again? IMO maybe a poll should be put up on the chat itself, wether the users are happy with the moderators, the chat itself, the members. Whatever. Then we'll see if the majority agree with you, which I doubt.

Guest Football8

Of course there is going to be friendship groups. We're all human' date=' it's not as if we can like every single person we ever come into contact to but some of what has been said is right. The older chatters seem to get less punishments than the newer ones, that's been a problem for as long as I can remember. I've been on the chat for 1 and a half years and I can honestly say I have never been banned. Is that because I'm favoured? You can make your own minds up on that. Like Munt said making the rules in a clear place is a must. How many people compared to the amount on SM actually look on the forum? I doubt it is very many. Mistakes will be made by the mods, a mistaken ban, a ban not given, an unfair kick. We're all human and none of us are perfect. Likewise it is impossible to be completely impartial, some people you will like more than others and for that reason some people you will readily kick and others you will be reluctant to do so. IMO the mods do a great job in this respect. From what I've seen if you break the rules you are kicked, enough said. Those of us who have used chat for a long time know the rules so we know if we ever break them and if we should be kicked. I have sworn on chat and I was kicked for it. I should imagine most people have. Was I favoured then and let off? No. The mods hand out the punishments regardless of who you are and how long you've been there IMO. It has changed since it reopened, for the better in this respect and I don't know why your complaining if I'm honest Toggs. Was it because you were banned, again, after breaking the rules, again? IMO maybe a poll should be put up on the chat itself, wether the users are happy with the moderators, the chat itself, the members. Whatever. Then we'll see if the majority agree with you, which I doubt.[/quote']

So basically are people trying to say everyone should just sit there in chat and do nothing and if they did the mods act like robots ? I'd find the point of chat pretty useless then and that's the way it's going. I think you not being banned is maybe due to the fact you barely use to say anything apart from the odd Boro' debate. :P

Anyway like I said before, stick the rules to the right of chat and everyone who enters should read them and it's there fault if they disobey rules right in front of their eyes. To be honest I haven't seen one single mod follow the exact prescribed procedure to punish someone who's breaking the rules. So that also needs looking at.

So basically are people trying to say everyone should just sit there in chat and do nothing and if they did the mods act like robots ? I'd find the point of chat pretty useless then and that's the way it's going. I think you not being banned is maybe due to the fact you barely use to say anything apart from the odd Boro' debate. :P

That's what it looks like to be honest' date=' wanting robots of the mods. Why don't you create a script which means when you say filtered words or whatever you get auto kicked? And I say more than nearly everyone tbh Munt, just the fact I'm in their pretty constantly 24/7 so it doesn't look like much :P

Anyway like I said before, stick the rules to the right of chat and everyone who enters should read them and it's there fault if they disobey rules right in front of their eyes. To be honest I haven't seen one single mod follow the exact prescribed procedure to punish someone who's breaking the rules. So that also needs looking at.

From what I've seen nearly every mod has followed it... :confused:

Guest Football8

That's what it looks like to be honest' date=' wanting robots of the mods. Why don't you create a script which means when you say filtered words or whatever you get auto kicked? And I say more than nearly everyone tbh Munt, just the fact I'm in their pretty constantly 24/7 so it doesn't look like much :P

From what I've seen nearly every mod has followed it... :confused:[/quote']

Not really, there's been more instant kicks and only parts of the procedure has been used.

Can't even be bothered too read any more replies, but once chat has closed again, maybe people should have had a little more of a listen too the idea I have. SM are perfect though, and know exactly how too run the site without any outside input, as they've shown on countless occasions... :rolleyes:

Here comes Neller with how SM 'Do listen', and I don't even want too hear it... :o Let them wreck their game tbh. :)CBA with trying too improve the game now.

Ill just go back too my Yeovil Thread. :)

Guest Football8

Can't even be bothered too read any more replies' date=' but once chat has closed again, maybe people should have had a little more of a listen too the idea I have. SM are perfect though, and know exactly how too run the site without any outside input, as they've shown on countless occasions... :rolleyes:

Here comes Neller with how SM 'Do listen', and I don't even want too hear it... :o Let them wreck their game tbh. :) [u']CBA[/u] with trying too improve the game now.

I think you shouldn't give up, your a paying member of SM and all you get is a GC's for being a GM, for what £15 ? and they can't even be made properly half the time so it's a rip off. If voiced your opinion in a more direct way I'm sure Neller etc would take it into account what your actually trying to say.

Can't even be bothered too read any more replies' date=' but once chat has closed again, maybe people should have had a little more of a listen too the idea I have. SM are perfect though, and know exactly how too run the site without any outside input, as they've shown on countless occasions... :rolleyes:

Here comes Neller with how SM 'Do listen', and I don't even want too hear it... :o Let them wreck their game tbh. :) [u']CBA[/u] with trying too improve the game now.

I have not said that :) , You prove everything I have been saying in that post above so pretty much covered it for me, your idea was not closed or deleted but was simply debated on the points people don't agree with so because we dont fully agree you post childish replies like above.

What makes me right and you wrong? just because I don't agree with you why post the above? maybe everyone agrees with you and not me, we can all have our personal opinions and stick to them. if nobody agreed with me I would not throw a little tantrum and say I give up, dont wanna listen, cba to reply blah blah

Tantrum... :rolleyes:

Whatever Nells. Back too daddy now... :)

I think you shouldn't give up' date=' your a paying member of SM and all you get is a GC's for being a GM, for what £15 ? and they can't even be made properly half the time so it's a rip off. If voiced your opinion in a more direct way I'm sure Neller etc would take it into account what your actually trying to say.[/quote']

Plenty have voiced their opinions before, nothing changes. Im not wasting my time too think of, right and defend my ideas, when they're is no chance of them being implemented, whever people like them or not.

Guest Football8

Tantrum... :rolleyes:

Whatever Nells. Back too daddy now... :)

Plenty have voiced their opinions before' date=' nothing changes. Im not wasting my time too think of, right and defend my ideas, when they're is no chance of them being implemented, whever people like them or not.[/quote']

So what exactly (directly) are your ideas ?

I'm really scratching my head over this thread. I don't go on chat but from what I've heard it's been fine since it re-opened' date=' unless it is otherwise?

This looks a lot like sour grapes from people rather than genuine constructive criticism to me.[/quote']

The problem remains a certain bunch of people only want certain people modding like "back in the old days"

But the same complaints, threads, problems existed back in then fact they was worse we got complaints ALL the time about how it was running this was when chat was modded by the so called elite of chat and then they even helped select who else would help mod based on how much they used the chat room.

When you try and explain this it falls on deaf ears even tho the proof is right there for anybody to go back and read.

Instead of people just trying to change how everything is run and who needs and doesnt need to be a mod etc maybe they should look at there own behavour and see if they can help improve the chat room that way instead, after all if people acted normal there would be nobody to kick in the first place.

The problem remains a certain bunch of people only want certain people modding like "back in the old days"

But the same complaints' date=' threads, problems existed back in then fact they was worse we got complaints ALL the time about how it was running this was when chat was modded by the so called elite of chat and then they even helped select who else would help mod based on how much they used the chat room.

When you try and explain this it falls on deaf ears even tho the proof is right there for anybody to go back and read.

Instead of people just trying to change how everything is run and who needs and doesnt need to be a mod etc maybe they should look at there own behavour and see if they can help improve the chat room that way instead, after all if people acted normal there would be nobody to kick in the first place.[/quote']

Regulars seem to think they deserve some sort of special treatment.

Since the return of chat, whenever I have been there its been done by the new charter. No power trips and its been done to all members, noobs and regulars so Jad's comment of sour grapes is spot on.

Regular or not, you get treated with the same rules as everyone else.

To be honest I haven't seen one single mod follow the exact prescribed procedure to punish someone who's breaking the rules. So that also needs looking at.

You obviously haven't been looking hard enough then :) We've all been following that Munt, you'd probably just logged in and missed the warning and silence. :P

Chat has definitely been moderated better since it reopened, the fact that hardly any (don't know if any have actually) of the bans we have made have been reversed shows that.

Not saying it's perfect as we can all improve in certain ways, but it is a lot better now.

Instead of people just trying to change how everything is run.

Well it needs changing. You won't get that opinion yourself, hiding on ghost everytime your on and half the mods wouldnt dare say a bad word about SM. :o

Neller's never on ghost' date=' simply because he's never on the chat.[/quote']

Your always off when he's on. :)

Well it needs changing. You won't get that opinion yourself' date=' hiding on ghost everytime your on and half the mods wouldnt dare say a bad word about SM. :o[/quote']

Toggs you keep missing the point mate and have taken each of my posts in the wrong way and I did try to keep telling you this.

The parts (unless I put it wrongly) I disagreed with was not really chat based barring the odd comment about the olden days (which are 100% true and as i said can easily be proven)

Lee is 100% correct as well btw.

You obviously haven't been looking hard enough then :) We've all been following that Munt' date=' you'd probably just logged in and missed the warning and silence. :P

Chat has definitely been moderated better since it reopened, the fact that hardly any (don't know if any have actually) of the bans we have made have been reversed shows that.

Not saying it's perfect as we can all improve in certain ways, but it is a lot better now.[/quote']

The only reason bans aren't being reversed are because nobody is willing to put the effort in to fix what they broke by banning somebody unfairly. The person who unfairly got banned has to go through all the trouble and work just so they can get back on chat when they never should've left in the first place.

Toggs you keep missing the point mate and have taken each of my posts in the wrong way and I did try to keep telling you this.

The parts (unless I put it wrongly) I disagreed with was not really chat based barring the odd comment about the olden days (which are 100% true and as i said can easily be proven)

Lee is 100% correct as well btw.

How could I possibly take "Need I say anymore' date=' thanks for proving my point once again" the [i']'right'[/i] way?

Im not missing the point at all. The current system is awful, many agree with it, yet you try too implement rules that half your 'responsible' moderators can't follow properly.

Almost as badly run as the site. :rolleyes:

Just shut the thread. I'm not really looking for a reply anymore. :)

How exactly did you come to that conclusion?

I agree with Dai and Neller. I also think that people longing for the days Neller talked about are only kidding themselves because nearly all, if not all, of those people have left. The new moderators have been asked to take a different approach and it's clearly doing more good than harm so that blows that argument right out of the window.

How could I possibly take "Need I say anymore' date=' thanks for proving my point once again" the [i']'right'[/i] way?

What did I post that in response to may I ask? no doubt you wont reply.

Im not missing the point at all. The current system is awful' date=' many agree with it, yet you try too implement rules that half your 'responsible' moderators can't follow properly. [/quote']

Many more agree its improved, I have not implemented any rules I tried to get the place shut down.

Almost as badly run as the site. :rolleyes:

Yet here you are' date=' how long you been on it now?

Just shut the thread. I'm not really looking for a reply anymore. :)

People are still debating, if you aint interested don't reply but others have a right to voice there opinions even if you have lost interest because a few people disagreed with you, after all it is a forum