Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kroitzz

The Official Cricket Thread

Recommended Posts

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Embarrassing from England......as always in ODI cricket Getting knocked out in the format designed to ensure the big teams don't get knocked out. You couldn't make this up! Is there any sport where the English teams don't stink the place up in world cups?

New Zealand are my favorites to win this followed by Australia and India.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Q1 : SL vs SA

Q2 : Ban vs Ind

Q3 : Aus vs Pak

Q4 : NZ vs WI

Q1 and Q3 are most interesting. Bangla has an outside chance, WI has no chance.

Funnily enough I cant bring myself to see NZ winning the tourney. They just have the lack of belief I think which triggered a collapse vs Australia and also not to mention small country syndrome. ;)

So for me Aus>Sri Lanka>India>SA are the 4 contenders. Pakistan dont have the consistency to win 3 on the trot but certainly can shock Aussies. Hope they do. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Just stumbled upon this video. Certainly funny as hell. How can a world class player like Inzy who had so much elegance and presence in the crease with the bat be a complete lunatic while running between the wicket. Whilst I admit he didnt have the best body shape to run what is really unbelievable is how he had no idea when to go for a run, when to make a call, or keeping his bat grounded while running. Hypocrisy or what. He seemed like an american lost in a cricket field. Notice how he still managed to screw up while taking a run when he was very young and lean. Absolutely hilarious!

vQh70VV-RaY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

The curse has been broken better watch out now:D Goodbye Sri lanka legends Sangakkara and Jayawardene

Not really. We all know SA can crush opponents on their day but can they carve themselves out of difficult situation? That question still hangs over them. But definitely this was one of the most resounding victories in world cup knockouts. Brilliant bowling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Not really. We all know SA can crush opponents on their day but can they carve themselves out of difficult situation? That question still hangs over them. But definitely this was one of the most resounding victories in world cup knockouts. Brilliant bowling.

South Africa had never won a knockout game in a world cup, that was the curse he is referring to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

South Africa had never won a knockout game in a world cup' date=' that was the curse he is referring to.[/quote']

Interesting, I didnt know that. So thats a positive thing. In all probability they will face NZ in semis and I expect SA to get the better of them. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

It took as many as 7 matches for my favorite player to arrive on to the scene. Rohit's 137 demonstrated his typical lazy elegance. His and Raina's partnership helped India cross 300 which was beyond Bangladesh's reach.

I see no upset tomorrow. Aussies should roll over Pakistan especially with the latter missing their key bowler 7 feet 1 inch Mohammed Irfan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Pakistani batsmen really didnt know they can score runs without playing lofted shots. Even the sensible Misbah went out by taking unnecessary risk.

All 3 of the quarter finals have been very very one sided contest. And with next one being NZ vs WI I dont see the pattern changing at all. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Simply Amazing by Guptil and the Kiwis, going at 15 runs an over in the last 10 against the Windies, what a terrible couple of matches their bowlers have had against the Kiwis and the South Africans. Game all wrapped up, 4 fairly one sided matches although the Pakistani's did have a chance if they hadnt dropped Watson after Wahab put on a masterclass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

The usual "chokers" tag will be used but that was just brilliant from New Zealand.

South Africa really let them selves down on 3 occasions, 2 missed run outs and a dropped catch, any one of those and its game over IMO. Having said that, they were outstanding in the field especially for wet conditions, can only wonder what they would have set NZ to chase without the rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

New Zealand will win thin air thats what they will win. ;) The cup is between Australia and India. Australia's 80% chance to India's 20%. But more importantly whoever wins tomorrow wins the cup I can vouch for that.

Having said that great performance from Kiwis and well done on finishing runners up. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

New Zealand will win thin air thats what they will win. ;) The cup is between Australia and India. Australia's 80% chance to India's 20%. But more importantly whoever wins tomorrow wins the cup I can vouch for that.

Having said that great performance from Kiwis and well done on finishing runners up. :)

I had New Zealand as favourites pre-comp and my bet on them is decent could earn a bit. That said i hope australia can do em in last thing we need is the Kiwis living over here to start their chirping.

I agree with your sentiments whoever gets through today will likely be bookies favourites, but you have undersold NZ, i think they can beat Australia at their best day but unlikely, and will Likely beat India and will be cheering hard to get them in the Final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

I had New Zealand as favourites pre-comp and my bet on them is decent could earn a bit. That said i hope australia can do em in last thing we need is the Kiwis living over here to start their chirping.

I agree with your sentiments whoever gets through today will likely be bookies favourites' date=' but you have undersold NZ, i think they can beat Australia at their best day but unlikely, and will Likely beat India and will be cheering hard to get them in the Final.[/quote']

I think you are forgetting what nerves can do in a world cup final. I base my prediction not on talent but on mentality as thats the biggest factor in final as both teams are playing brilliant and thats why they are in the final.

Look at the way Australia crush India who won seven in a row. As an Indian I've nothing to complain as Australia were simply superior. From start to finish not for a single moment they looked they can lose. This shows their command and authority whereas New Zealand needed a lot of mistakes from South Africa to pull through.

Australia are simply ruthless and should win the final quite comfortably. It will be one step too far for New Zealand I reckon. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

I think you are forgetting what nerves can do in a world cup final. I base my prediction not on talent but on mentality as thats the biggest factor in final as both teams are playing brilliant and thats why they are in the final.

Look at the way Australia crush India who won seven in a row. As an Indian I've nothing to complain as Australia were simply superior. From start to finish not for a single moment they looked they can lose. This shows their command and authority whereas New Zealand needed a lot of mistakes from South Africa to pull through.

Australia are simply ruthless and should win the final quite comfortably. It will be one step too far for New Zealand I reckon. ;)

Well i did say Australia will be favourites, and i agree NZ will have to overcome being the perpetual little brother. They play the 'fvaouties' At their Home. Aus lead ODI series 8-3 i think and Apart from A richard Hadlee mini-era Australia have had the wood on our noisy neighbours.

NZ will be buoyed though by beating Australia earlier. It was a different game, but nevertheless they will take alot of confidence out of that. Just quietly NZ hard the harder Semi. South Africa > India in this WC just on play imo. Ive put $100 AUD on NZ. Dont expect them to win, but at $3!!!!!!! I think the bookies have mightily undersold them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Kiwis Crumbleing in the power plays' date=' great bowling though by the Aussies, Stark is a menace with the new ball.

EDIT: ... 3 wickets in 8 balls of the 2nd power play...[/quote']

yep fell to pieces after seemingly recovering a poor start.

As i write this their last hope disappears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×