The Official Cricket Thread

Re: Official Cricket Thread

Well from the reactions-the public felt a bit outraged so it's a good thing-anyway that series is over and tbf it's a poor one which emphasises the fact that India does not seem to be interested in tests or at some of there players don't. Down here Gayle, Pollard,Cooper and quite a few of the A side share the same feeling.

how ironic that it was Duncan fletcher who started the ball rolling in getting the England side to be a consistent professional hard working team and now look at the rabble he has to deal with.

i dont see it as players not interested in test cricket but that they are either, not interested in making themselves good enough for test cricket or dont have the mental strength to play it when the going gets tough.

i have watched several south africans over the last 8 years or so and when things are going their way they act as if they have won the world cup when taking a wicket, when they look like losing , too many of them dissappear instead of digging deep, Morne morkel irritates me most as he seems to be the biggest culprit.

i was dissappointed today that the total runs got over the 1,000 mark.

there cant be many tests where no play was lost and it ending in a draw and less than 1,000 runs have been scored.

anyway, a great series win, especially after that first test defeat.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Cricket Thread Well to be fair they did send their secretary to mediate and I guess that hurts a bit more. The BCCI cares about what draws the crowds and I guess T20/ODI's provide that.

Re: Official Cricket Thread Well South Africa does look a bit undercooked and seem rooted to the spot while England does play with Gile, and tred well while trotting along on a broad bowling perform

Re: Official Cricket Thread just for fun:D NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS OF INDIAN CRICKET TEAM: VIRENDER SEHWAG: I will stop making fun of BANGLADESH. GAUTAM GAMBHIR: I will stop dreaming about CAPTAINCY.

Without wishing to sound racist or getting into stereotypes' date=' Indians do tend to be a tad melodramatic.[/quote']

Yup..however I believe that this is a chance for them to rebuild their Test side and stop puttering about.

how ironic that it was Duncan fletcher who started the ball rolling in getting the England side to be a consistent professional hard working team and now look at the rabble he has to deal with.

i dont see it as players not interested in test cricket but that they are either, not interested in making themselves good enough for test cricket or dont have the mental strength to play it when the going gets tough.

i have watched several south africans over the last 8 years or so and when things are going their way they act as if they have won the world cup when taking a wicket, when they look like losing , too many of them dissappear instead of digging deep, Morne morkel irritates me most as he seems to be the biggest culprit.

Many of those hiders in the field :D

Why bother with test cricket when you can get fame,wealth and accolades from whacking the ball baseball style.

just for fun:D

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS OF INDIAN CRICKET TEAM:

VIRENDER SEHWAG: I will stop making fun of BANGLADESH.

GAUTAM GAMBHIR: I will stop dreaming about CAPTAINCY.

VIRAT KOHLI: I will work on my VOCABULARY and ADD more ABUSES to MC BC. I don’t want to get typecast.

SACHIN TENDULKAR: I will BUY the TOSHIBA LED TV and watch where the BALL will MOVE after PITCHING to stop getting BOWLED.

CHETESHWAR PUJARA: I will stop LEARNING about how to BUILD a WALL.

RAVINDRA JADEJA: I will stop making these TRIPLE centuries. People have mistaken me for a test player, may affect my IPL PRICE.

YUVRAJ SINGH: I will look for some more LIFE THREATENING DISEASES to SURVIVE and get me in the TEAM.

MS DHONI: I will force BCCI to make me the PITCH CURATOR at all INDIAN and if possible FOREIGN VENUES too.

ISHANT SHARMA: Since PONTING has RETIRED, I should think about my RETIREMENT too.

ROHIT SHARMA: I will PAY some TALENT HUNT SHOWS to FIND my TALENT.

MANOJ TIWARY: I will ASK BCCI to provide some CHAIRS, got a BACKACHE by sitting in BENCHES.

SREESANTH: I will STOP playing CRICKET and START a DANCING CAREER.

HARBHAJAN SINGH: I will make AMENDS with SYMONDS and go FISHING with him.

R ASHWIN: I will quit BOWLING and APPLY for an OPENING BATSMAN'S SLOT.

SURESH RAINA: I will APPLY for a PERMANENT CITIZENSHIP of BANGLADESH, I hope they have a PLACE for me in their TEAM.

ZAHEER KHAN: I will RETIRE from CRICKET and get SETTLED

:D:D:p:p:p:p:D:D:D

Yup..however I believe that this is a chance for them to rebuild their Test side and stop puttering about.

Many of those hiders in the field :D

Why bother with test cricket when you can get fame' date='wealth and accolades from whacking the ball baseball style.[/quote']

sadly, the bookmakers circus has had a negative effect on the game in some ways, i just sit here hoping that the novelty wears off and we return to proper cricket and 5/6 test series for the top nations.

VIRAT KOHLI: I will work on my VOCABULARY and ADD more ABUSES to MC BC. I don’t want to get typecast.

SACHIN TENDULKAR: I will BUY the TOSHIBA LED TV and watch where the BALL will MOVE after PITCHING to stop getting BOWLED.

RAVINDRA JADEJA: I will stop making these TRIPLE centuries. People have mistaken me for a test player' date=' may affect my IPL PRICE.

YUVRAJ SINGH: I will look for some more LIFE THREATENING DISEASES to SURVIVE and get me in the TEAM.

MS DHONI: I will force BCCI to make me the PITCH CURATOR at all INDIAN and if possible FOREIGN VENUES too.

ISHANT SHARMA: Since PONTING has RETIRED, I should think about my RETIREMENT too.

MANOJ TIWARY: I will ASK BCCI to provide some CHAIRS, got a BACKACHE by sitting in BENCHES.

SURESH RAINA: I will APPLY for a PERMANENT CITIZENSHIP of BANGLADESH, I hope they have a PLACE for me in their TEAM.

:D:D:p:p:p:p:D:D:D[/quote']

lol..will rep after I spread :D

sadly' date=' the bookmakers circus has had a negative effect on the game in some ways, i just sit here hoping that the novelty wears off and we return to proper cricket and 5/6 test series for the top nations.[/quote']

sorry it's a money earner -here to stay..and I daresay watching crappy test matches with substandard sides on worst pitches somehow don't appeal...

Really unusal with the Aussies on the end of a ball tampering claim from the Sri Lankans..Apparantly there were two separate incidents..

572934-peter-siddle.jpg

However the claims were dismissed and no formal complaints were made by Sri Lanka management.

An official ICC release said today: "ICC match referee Chris Broad is aware of the media reports coming out of Sri Lanka on the ball issue. The Sri Lanka team has made no official complaint about the ball."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/peter-siddle-at-centre-of-ball-tampering-allegation-after-accusation-by-sri-lankan-managementin-hobart/story-fndpt0dy-1226539577486

Not sure what to make of it tbh..

i will wait...:D

there :D

anyway they are not the biggest in cricket-they are the bigest in politics mate :)

597726.jpg?alt=

Both sides are languishing in cricket..

One of my faves Sri Lankan cricketers

UI07rS6BXpU

Actually had a bowl against him..:o when they toured down here..

lets just say-the result left no doubt that I needed to put more effort into studies.:o

RAVINDRA JADEJA: I will stop making these TRIPLE centuries. People have mistaken me for a test player' date=' may affect my IPL PRICE.

:D:D:p:p:p:p:D:D:D[/quote']

repped lol, though I don't know the background to most :D Where's Irfan Pathan btw? :P

repped lol' date=' though I don't know the background to most :D Where's Irfan Pathan btw? :P[/quote']

He's sharing the stage with a Gujarat politician while recovering from injury sustained in the Ranji trophy..

dont know either...:D

:D:p

at last something to celebrate here in india.

a nice win in 1st t-20 odi.

england-157/5

india-157/6

india won by 5 wickets.

Deja Vu..didn't the same thing happen in the tests...