The Official Cricket Thread

Re: Official Cricket Thread

A chastening experience for the Aussies as they fail to make a stiff target of 254 inside only 29.1 Overs.

Really disappointed-as expected the team to show a bit more fight. I guess it's really a changing of the guard.

At a moment before the game I thought it will be the Aussies that will take the game but ah :rolleyes:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Cricket Thread Well to be fair they did send their secretary to mediate and I guess that hurts a bit more. The BCCI cares about what draws the crowds and I guess T20/ODI's provide that.

Re: Official Cricket Thread Well South Africa does look a bit undercooked and seem rooted to the spot while England does play with Gile, and tred well while trotting along on a broad bowling perform

Re: Official Cricket Thread just for fun:D NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS OF INDIAN CRICKET TEAM: VIRENDER SEHWAG: I will stop making fun of BANGLADESH. GAUTAM GAMBHIR: I will stop dreaming about CAPTAINCY.

Need to learn how to clean up that tail

:eek:

100_2021_88D9517BE4BC8.JPG

England should win it by miles still though :)

Well South Africa does look a bit undercooked and seem rooted to the spot while England does play with Gile, and tred well while trotting along on a broad bowling performance while ringing the bell of the SA demise.

Well South Africa does look a bit undercooked and seem rooted to the spot while England does play with Gile' date=' and tred well while trotting along on a broad bowling performance while ringing the bell of the SA demise.[/quote']

Haha nice use of words there

:P

Some good ol flight and gile

Easy squeezy lemon peasy. Won't tolerate the Saffers weren't at full strength excuse. Smith and Kallis won't play that much ODI cricket from now on, especially Kallis. Morkel is a donkey and Steyn wouldn't have won the game today on a pitch like that.

Now, hopefully we can shove the England-a modest one day outfit snipe from Malcolm C O O N, (that's his name, i ain't being racist), down his loud, obnoxious Australian gob.

What you mean?

They miss Cronje's leadership on the field.

Easy squeezy lemon peasy. Won't tolerate the Saffers weren't at full strength excuse. Smith and Kallis won't play that much ODI cricket from now on' date=' especially Kallis. Morkel is a donkey and Steyn wouldn't have won the game today on a pitch like that.

Now, hopefully we can shove the England-a modest one day outfit snipe from Malcolm C O O N, (that's his name, i ain't being racist), down his loud, obnoxious Australian gob.[/quote']

Nah they have no excuses-they got beaten by a better side. Not sure who that Malcolm is but I guess if he's as obnoxious as you mentioned he deserved it.

You mentioned "good ol flight" so presumably it had something to do with that (he died in a plane crash).

If you think that joke is inappropriate' date=' boo hoo.[/quote']

Actually did not even see that one in there-until you pointed it out..

They miss Cronje's leadership on the field.

Nah they have no excuses-they got beaten by a better side. Not sure who that Malcolm is but I guess if he's as obnoxious as you mentioned he deserved it.

Actually did not even see that one in there-until you pointed it out..

I suppose' date=' but SA have had some good caps like Kallis, imo was a close second. But then again i never really saw Hansie play[/color']

You mentioned "good ol flight" so presumably it had something to do with that (he died in a plane crash).

If you think that joke is inappropriate' date=' boo hoo.[/quote']

Hahaha when have I ever thought something was inappropriate

:P

I suppose' date=' but SA have had some good caps like Kallis, imo was a close second. But then again i never really saw Hansie play[/color']

Hahaha when have I ever thought something was inappropriate :P

He was not a good player buddy-quite average however his ability to lead the side was phenomenal. Wonderful leader...felled by poor decisions.

Hahah yeah a wonderful leader/cheat might also be a good description of him' date=' a bit of a hypocrite really.[/color']

Really..he cheated but he manned up and admitted it-hoping others would do the same. They did not-he was hung out to dry while bookies had a field day.

Flawed-certainly many cricketers were/are-Lara, Gayle, Warne, Bradman, Azharudin, WG Grace..the list is seemingly endless -however his saving grace was his leadership and he was honest enough to go up to the inquiry commission in the middle of the night and admit his guilt.

Really..he cheated but he manned up and admitted it-hoping others would do the same. They did not-he was hung out to dry while bookies had a field day.

Flawed-certainly many cricketers were/are-Lara' date=' Gayle, Warne, Bradman, Azharudin, WG Grace..the list is seemingly endless -however his saving grace was his leadership and he was honest enough to go up to the inquiry commission in the middle of the night and admit his guilt.[/quote']

Yeah agreed, but dont change the fact that he cheated in the first place. For me thats no leader I want even if he does own up to his wrong doings

:)

Yeah agreed' date=' but dont change the fact that he cheated in the first place. For me thats no leader I want even if he does own up to his wrong doings

:)[/color']

I understand your decision-and it's strange never thought anything other than a great cricket captain-a la Fleming ..until he confessed to cheating. Maybe the idea of a flawed hero appeals to me.