Sign in to follow this  
Kroitzz

The Official Cricket Thread

Re: Official Cricket Thread

New Zealand 367 for 3 (Taylor 103*, McCullum 109*) v West Indies ...

So here we again padding the averages of ordinary test batsmen with bowlers who can't seem to understand the difference between leg side and on , and a Captain who saw green , then blue and now red..

Anyway being on the receiving side of drubbings myself I would suggest that the Captain bowl himself at one end and keep things tight, alternating with Shillingford (why he is in this test I don't know, after chuck tested) while Gabriel do the donkey work at one end-pitching just back of a good length with Tino attacking the batsmen's body for 5-6 over spells..and Deonarine to fill in where needed.

BCCI discusses restructure in sharing of ICC revenue

The BCCI is understood to be in favour of a sharing of ICC revenue that better reflects the size of its financial contribution to the game, rather than an equal split among all Full Member nations.

Don't blame em tbf-if you are generating cash you should benefit

New Zealand 367 for 3 (Taylor 103*' date=' McCullum 109*) v West Indies ...

So here we again padding the averages of ordinary test batsmen with bowlers who can't seem to understand the difference between leg side and on , and a Captain who saw green , then blue and now red..

Anyway being on the receiving side of drubbings myself I would suggest that the Captain bowl himself at one end and keep things tight, alternating with Shillingford (why he is in this test I don't know, after chuck tested) while Gabriel do the donkey work at one end-pitching just back of a good length with Tino attacking the batsmen's body for 5-6 over spells..and Deonarine to fill in where needed.

The BCCI is understood to be in favour of a sharing of ICC revenue that better reflects the size of its financial contribution to the game, rather than an equal split among all Full Member nations.

Don't blame em tbf-if you are generating cash you should benefit[/quote']

Wow NZ is bettering India! How's the pitch? Batting-friendly?

Already on the back foot, need someone to hang in there along with Chanders when they're put into bat. And/or Bravo needs to play a gem.

BCCI will call the shots as they've the power. Thats the way it goes in this world but the real ugly side of BCCI is their internal politics. It's terrible.

Wow NZ is bettering India! How's the pitch? Batting-friendly?

Already on the back foot' date=' need someone to hang in there along with Chanders when they're put into bat. And/or Bravo needs to play a gem.

BCCI will call the shots as they've the power. Thats the way it goes in this world but the real ugly side of BCCI is their internal politics. It's terrible.[/quote']

lol..well it's a green top-however our bowlers aside fro Kemar ;) depend on shoulder and ram movement to generate pace rather than the hips/spine thus they can't extract the help they can get. The Bowling is woeful..pitch is good with assistance for both-good bounce, skidding through..

Yup-not sure about NZ bowling, but if you stick around runs will come.

I agree with the stance they are taking. They generate the most revenue, and thus should be rewarded with the lions share of returns-after the developmental needs are met in associate nations that is.

Hopefully this pushes a test league table with relegation and promotions, as lets face it how long has Bangladesh, West Indies, Zimbabwe, NZ at times been uncompetitive in an increasing crowded calender. The top 5 teams should be in Division 1 and the rest Division 2 and associates in Div 3, with 3 test series taking place the Div 1s, Div 2's and 4 day 3-match series with Div 3. At the end of the season a five match series is played by the top two teams -to decide the Test Cup or some such..This of course will allow teams to organize their own traditional rivalry series-Ashes etc.

New Zealand 609/9d

West Indies 213 & 216/4 (f/o) (70.0 ov)

Humiliating..

South Africa 358 for 4 (Amla 65, de **** 135, de Villiers 77, Duminy 59*, Shami 3-68) beat India 217 (Dhoni 65, Steyn 3-25, McLaren 3-49) by 141 runs

:eek: seems the bowling was a bit too aggressive for the batsmen not accustomed to bouncy tracks..

Three former New Zealand players, including Lou Vincent, are being investigated by the ICC's anti-corruption and security unit. The news, first reported by New Zealand Herald, was confirmed by the ICC and New Zealand Cricket - without mentioning names - before Vincent acknowledged he was one of the three under investigation.

Spotfixing..with the names of Cairns, Tuffey and Vincent being bandied about. Whats interesting is that former Black Caps bowler Iain O'Brien has tweeted

"If your [sic] surprised that NZ'ers are involved in match fixing, you're, sadly, niave [sic]. I highly doubt any Countries players are 100% clean,"

My pink Proteas finally woke up :D Duminy and De Villiers were on fire to the end of their innings. I really hope we stick with Alma and De C(unlucky surname hey lol) up front. But I've got a bad feeling when Smith recovers they'll drop De C lower in the batting order again.

My pink Proteas finally woke up :D Duminy and De Villiers were on fire to the end of their innings. I really hope we stick with Alma and De C(unlucky surname hey lol) up front. But I've got a bad feeling when Smith recovers they'll drop De C lower in the batting order again.

True-and why Pink?

Well I had a feeling we wouldnt make a good start but this is just ridiculous - 141 runs loss! :eek:

Rohit Sharma's 18 runs came off 43 deliveries and he was god-awful the whole time. He's just too slow with his feet to face SA pace battery. Needs to be much quicker out of the blocks if he doesnt want this tour to be a nightmare for him. :o

Well I had a feeling we wouldnt make a good start but this is just ridiculous - 141 runs loss! :eek:

Rohit Sharma's 18 runs came off 43 deliveries and he was god-awful the whole time. He's just too slow with his feet to face SA pace battery. Needs to be much quicker out of the blocks if he doesnt want this tour to be a nightmare for him. :o

Good grief man-Steyn softened the bloke up and lets face it-Raina was scared of batting and had Rohit run out ..

213 and 443 for 6 (Bravo 210*, Sammy 44*) lead New Zealand 609 for 9 dec by 47 runs

seems the NZ bowlers are getting into the act..Congrats to Bravo though-hope it pushes him to do better

Good grief man-Steyn softened the bloke up and lets face it-Raina was scared of batting and had Rohit run out ..

213 and 443 for 6 (Bravo 210*' date=' Sammy 44*) lead New Zealand 609 for 9 dec by 47 runs

seems the NZ bowlers are getting into the act..Congrats to Bravo though-hope it pushes him to do better[/quote']

Still :rolleyes: ... Well Rohit needs to sort himself out its a short series. Dont give two hoots about Raina tbf. ;):D

-----

Gratz on avoiding innings defeat. Can take heart from India's dismal performance.

Still :rolleyes: ... Well Rohit needs to sort himself out its a short series. Dont give two hoots about Raina tbf. ;):D

-----

Gratz on avoiding innings defeat. Can take heart from India's dismal performance.

lol..you really don't like him :D wonder if he may be able to play for us..

Yeah- thats some achievement-nah you guys are facing possibly the best fasts bowler on bouncy seaming wickets-we would have crumbled ;)

True-and why Pink?
they wore pink for cancer awareness. I see the West Indies are putting up a huge fight with NZ already 3 down would certainly be a suprise if they can actually win this test :o

they wore pink for cancer awareness. I see the West Indies are putting up a huge fight with NZ already 3 down would certainly be a suprise if they can actually win this test :o

ah seemed so unlike the Proteas :)

Well battle of the two most average teams tbf so anything can happen

New Zealand 609/9d & 79/4 (30.0 ov)

West Indies 213 & 507 (f/o)

Match drawn.

MOTM : Rain. B)

"I don't think anyone in this Indian team is frightened of anything.

"The unfortunate part is that we didn't get that too many practice sessions or practice games,"

Kohli http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-india-2013-14/content/story/698039.html

Spot on:)..or is it?

Best WI player :)

173569.2.jpg

New Zealand 609 for 9 dec and 79 for 4 (Anderson 20*, Taylor 16*, Shillingford 4-16) drew with West Indies 213 and 507 (f/o) (Bravo 218, Sammy 80, Wagner 3-112)

Player of the match LRPL Taylor (New Zealand)..:eek:

South Africa 280 for 6 (De **** 106, Amla 100, Shami 3-48) v India 146 (Tsotsobe 4-25, Steyn 3-17) by 134 runs

Amla has become the fastest to 4000 ODI runs, beating Viv Richards' record by seven innings-great job/.

and WI captain big plan to deal with NZ?

"I guess my bowlers will be much fresher than their bowlers so hopefully we can go into the second test and they'll be a bit tired and we will be a fresher team."

:o

The West Indies Cricket Board has withdrawn its Under-19 team from the ongoing tour of Bangladesh, following an explosion near the team hotel in Chittagong on Saturday.

:( ah pity-especially with World Twenty20 in February 2014 in Bangladesh..

South Africa 280 for 6 (De **** 106' date=' Amla 100, Shami 3-48) v India 146 (Tsotsobe 4-25, Steyn 3-17) by 134 runs

Amla has become the fastest to 4000 ODI runs, beating Viv Richards' record by seven innings-great job/.[/quote']

Great job indeed considering that most of his runs are scored on legitimate wickets as opposed to Indian batsmen.

Is Virat Kohli still the top scorer in 2013? If he is, it's an absolute shame.. no way is he the best batsman in the world (he is still a very good batsman though). Subtract all the runs he scored on the dead wickets and you'll see what league he's in.