Sign in to follow this  
Kroitzz

The Official Cricket Thread

Re: Official Cricket Thread

Great job indeed considering that most of his runs are scored on legitimate wickets as opposed to Indian batsmen.

Is Virat Kohli still the top scorer in 2013? If he is' date=' it's an absolute shame.. no way is he the best batsman in the world (he is still a very good batsman though). Subtract all the runs he scored on the dead wickets and you'll see what league he's in.[/quote']

ah Frisky scoring the most runs becomes less and less significant iMO, as lets face it pitches are cooked to favour sides, figures are inflated by poor bowlers/teams etc.

DE Villiers is #1 in tests, Kohli #1 in ODI, :)

ah Frisky scoring the most runs becomes less and less significant iMO' date=' as lets face it pitches are cooked to favour sides, figures are inflated by poor bowlers/teams etc.

DE Villiers is #1 in tests, Kohli #1 in ODI, :)[/quote']

De Villers is currently the best batsman in the world, in my opinion anyway :)

De Villers is currently the best batsman in the world' date=' in my opinion anyway :)[/quote']

You might be right :)

2nd Test: New Zealand v West Indies at Wellington - Dec 11-15, 2013

New Zealand 441; West Indies 158/4 (37 ov)

N Deonarine 11* (17) MN Samuels 50* (57) IS Sodhi 3-1-18-0 KS Williamson 2-0-12-0

wonder whats the weather forecast like :o

Cricketer of the Year - Michael Clarke (Aus)

Test Cricketer of the Year - Clarke

ICC awards:

Cricketer of the Year - Michael Clarke (Aus)

Test Cricketer of the Year - Clarke

ODI Cricketer of the Year - Kumar Sangakkara (SL)

Emerging Cricketer of the Year - Cheteshwar Pujara (Ind)

Associate and Affiliate Cricketer of the Year - Kevin O'Brien (Ire)

Twenty20 International Performance of the Year - Umar Gul (Pak)

Women's ODI Cricketer of the Year - Suzie Bates (NZ)

T20I Women's Cricketer of the Year - Sarah Taylor (Eng)

Spirit of Cricket Award - Mahela Jayawardene (SL)

Umpire of the Year - Richard Kettleborough (Eng)

New Zealand 441 (Taylor 129, Watling 65) beat West Indies 193 (Samuels 60, Edwards 55, Boult 6-40) and 175 (f/o) (Boult 4-40, Southee 3-24) by an innings and 73 runs

:o nuff said

Ottis Gibson, the West Indies coach, has revealed that some harsh words were spoken in the dressing room after his team's innings-and-73-run drubbing in Wellington and called on his players to "man up" as they aim to level the Test series next week.

Phrases such as "embarrassed" and "lack of fight" were at the forefront of some home truths after the Test had finished shortly after tea on the third day, with 16 wickets falling on Friday.

Really ..sounds a bit too late and may be damaging to morale in the ODI's ..

I know some will disagree with me. Some like the swearing and snarling, but I don't believe that is what Ashes cricket should be about.

It should be competitive, hard as nails on the field, but played respectfully and properly. At the moment, we are seeing a dismal advert for what is the ultimate contest in Test cricket.

If commentators do not stand up and speak out, who will? Do we wait until a player punches another? That is the way we are heading. Enough is enough.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/25403471

Pretty odd opinion to hold for any student of the game-as aside from it's early days when it's was a game relegated to slow hand claps and a spot of tea on manicured lawns-the game has evolved like most sports.

While there should be standards of behavior enforced -that should be debated. The reason why this Ashes are a terrible advert IMO is the poor performance of the English team. The Ashes like any other series is no longer ultimate contest-hasn't been for a while-the ultimate is when #1 meets #2.

imagine having a teammate like this..

Z1rxCUax1yY

The ICC has suspended Shane Shillingford, the West Indies offspinner, from bowling in international cricket after his action was found illegal. His team-mate Marlon Samuels, who is a part-time offspinner, has been prohibited from bowling quicker deliveries in international cricket.

About time -even locally there has been doubts about his action...

5FvKEs-aSd0

South Africa v India, 1st Test, Johannesburg

Virat Kohli. South Africa's bowlers have identified him as one of the most dangerous batsmen in India's line-up and he is also their most experienced, in terms of Test caps, in the top six. Kohli has had tremendous success in limited-overs matches

Kohli is likely to move up the order to No. 4, making space for Ajinkya Rahane at No. 6.

South Africa: 1 Graeme Smith (capt) 2 Alviro Petersen, 3 Hashim Amla 4 Jacques Kallis, 5 AB de Villiers (wk), 6 Faf du Plessis, 7 JP Duminy 8 Vernon Philander, 9 Dale Steyn, 10 Morne Morkel, 11 Imran Tahir

India: (likely) 1 M Vijay, 2 Shikhar Dhawan, 3 Cheteshwar Pujara, 4 Virat Kohli, 5 Rohit Sharma, 6 Ajinkya Rahane, 7 MS Dhoni (capt & wk), 8 R Ashwin, 9 Ishant Sharma, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 Mohammed Shami

The Wanderers groundsman has promised a typical Johannesburg surface, which will facilitate bounce and carry but also have plenty of runs.

Looks like a replay of the Ashes in this series..

Was this the best slip catcher of all time?

Fy-RO7CQL6w

What do you guys think of the result between India and SA? Would you have attacked or just blocked the last few overs? During the end I kept thinking what I would do. I'm more a attacking person in terms of sport so thought I'd go for the target but with only Morkel(messed up ankle) and Tahir left we would have been in trouble if we lost another wicket. I think I'd have Philander and Steyn go for it and if one of them got out quickly said the rest should then just block it out. As there's only 2 test it could have been a big risk to go for the win and end up losing and have no chance to win the series?

New Zealand went nuclear on New Year's Day.

After more than five hours of waiting for the

weather to clear, Corey Anderson began 2014 by

treating patient spectators to the fastest century

in one-day cricket. He scored it off 36 balls,

beating Afridi's record by one delivery, to lead

New Zealand to 283 in a 21 over game. Ryder's

century, in his second game after returning to

the national side, was the sixth fastest in ODIs.

The West Indies' chase was academic.

Lol what a beating. Better sack all the bowlers :P

I just saw the womens cricket score this morning in the newspaper. Pakistan 94 in 46.3 overs and South Africa 95/6 in 43.3 overs. Lol you can't bat any slower in a ODI can you?

I just saw the womens cricket score this morning in the newspaper. Pakistan 94 in 46.3 overs and South Africa 95/6 in 43.3 overs. Lol you can't bat any slower in a ODI can you?

I don't think that can be an ODI.

90 overs in a day isn't possible in woman's cricket is it?

by the time they have prepared lunch and tea , then done the washing up, hoovered and cleaned the members bar and changing rooms, done the shopping for the next days play, had their hair done etc....

Sad and disappointing way for Pietersen to go out. If you ask me the two men that are shouldering the blame for the Oz tour are the two men who least deserve it.

If Giles gets the top job, i think i'll top myself. Mediocre cricketer, dismal personality and 4 ODI series defeats out of 5 to take us back into the duldrums in that form of the game. Giles OUT. That's before he's even in.

I've got a question for you lot.

How is it to see Pakistan play as a neutral?Is it interesting or just boring.As far as I'm concerned' date='I'll get a heart attack soon.[/quote']

Easily the most entertaining team in world cricket. Everytime I watch you lot I feel I'm on a roller coaster. :D

To make easy situations difficult and difficult situations easy Pakistan are second to none. B)

Easily the most entertaining team in world cricket. Everytime I watch you lot I feel I'm on a roller coaster. :D

To make easy situations difficult and difficult situations easy Pakistan are second to none. B)

Pakistan VS West Indies, is like being on Swarm :P

Probably cos they're fixing most of the games they play in.

Probably cos they're fixing most of the games they play in.

That's a pretty daft statement to make tbh, unless ofc you were trying to be funny.

I do feel though that the Asians, specifically the so called big 2 in India and Pakistan, have a lot of work to do before they can claim to be corruption free.