Sign in to follow this  
Kroitzz

The Official Cricket Thread

Re: Official Cricket Thread

Ridiculous statement to make regarding Pakistan,after then one spot fixing incident,not one case regarding fixing has taken place in Pakistan.

The Captain,Afridi,Gul,Ajmal etc play for the country and the tosh has been thrown out.

Though India's got a different case maybe,but that's cause of IPL not cause of BCCI.

The reason why we perform really well is just cause of the bowing which is the best in the world along with SA,they lack a spinner though.Its always been that way though,Mushtaq ahmad and Saqlain mushtaq are now giving England and Bangaldesh their services which shows we have a history of producing quality bowlers and its a pity they are abroad making other nations better when we could really do well with them.

Ridiculous statement to make regarding Pakistan' date='after then one spot fixing incident,not one case regarding fixing has taken place in Pakistan.

The Captain,Afridi,Gul,Ajmal etc play for the country and the tosh has been thrown out.

Though India's got a different case maybe,but that's cause of IPL not cause of BCCI.[/quote']

I think every cricket fan has a right to be suspicious of all Pakistan games.

it wasn't just one spot fixing incident.

when players are jailed , it takes a long time for trust to be earnt again.

I still don't feel right about Bob Woolmer's death either, after losing to Ireland and with him being a principled man, I still find the situation suspicious.

I don't mean that the players had anything to do with his death though.

sorry that as a Pakistani fan you wont like to hear this but I don't think I'm the only cricket fan with these feelings.

I think every cricket fan has a right to be suspicious of all Pakistan games.

it wasn't just one spot fixing incident.

when players are jailed ' date=' it takes a long time for trust to be earnt again.

I still don't feel right about Bob Woolmer's death either, after losing to Ireland and with him being a principled man, I still find the situation suspicious.

I don't mean that the players had anything to do with his death though.

sorry that as a Pakistani fan you wont like to hear this but I don't think I'm the only cricket fan with these feelings.[/quote']

That's really cause of the inconsistency in the batting,you cant win a one ady series against RSA,India,Sri Lanka and say that the matches were fixed,surely all of them wont have fixed it then.Plus that one incident has taken place in many countries...Samuels from WI comes to mind and Cronje comes to mind from SA.

That's really cause of the inconsistency in the batting' date='you cant win a one ady series against RSA,India,Sri Lanka and say that the matches were fixed,surely all of them wont have fixed it then.Plus that one incident has taken place in many countries...Samuels from WI comes to mind and Cronje comes to mind from SA.[/quote']

I am not saying Pakistan games are now fixed or that all of them where, just you cant trust what happens in the games.

I also don't think all the cheating comes from Pakistan players, when the indian 20 over circus was announced, my first thought this was the ideal place for all the bookmakers to get involved with players from around the world.

As for Hansie, I felt no sympathy when I heard about the plane crash.

I doubt it was just the one time, to be honest. There were a lot of question marks over the Pakistan tour of Australia a few years back when they lost EVERY game and dropped basically every catch. Of course it could have simply been England in disguise. I think Pakistan are brilliant for cricket if they can steer clear of this crap. They're dynamic and wonderfully exciting at their best.

I doubt it was just the one time' date=' to be honest. There were a lot of question marks over the Pakistan tour of Australia a few years back when they lost EVERY game and dropped basically every catch. Of course it could have simply been England in disguise. I think Pakistan are brilliant for cricket if they can steer clear of this crap. They're dynamic and wonderfully exciting at their best.[/quote']

I honestly think the players have,The board hasnt.A chairman who doesnt knows ABC of cricket is the head and was chosen cause the PM said that :eek:

I think we could be very best in the business if we start playing those players who want to play for the team and not for the crowd,just for an instance throw Sohaib Maqsood out and Asad Shafiq should be played,he's much more of a rolling shot and technical player.

Its the inconsistency that has costed us,the poor short selection really.

Though India's got a different case maybe' date='[b']but that's cause of IPL not cause of BCCI[/b].

Yeah fully agree. IPL is the underworld of cricket but Indian international players do not fix. They havent even been accused save for Sreesanth who's lunatic.

Now that everything has been agreed, can anyone explain in simple terms what has happened regarding the way the ICC is now to be run?

I couldn't work out how the others agreed to letting 3 countries have more power than them.

ZIMBABWE / ICC $6M LOAN.

where the ICC so stupid or did they know what would really happen to their/our money.

instead of handing over a vast amount of cash ,couldn't they have arranged to pay debts and forthcoming debts directly?

e.g. paying all players contracts direct.

I also think that the ICC should run the national side, appoint foreign coach and selectors, base themselves in S.A. and keep Zim non cricketing staff out of it.

Ouch! Die Nederlanders knocks over England :D

The perfect ending to a winter of humiliation for us....

Ain't seen the game as just got in from work, but needless to say pathetic, abject throw anything you like at it.

Just when you think we can't sink any lower, somehow we find a way :P:o

Giles is an embarrassment. His record is terrible.

Get used to it he will be in charge of the test side soon....:o

His record since taking charge of the limited over sides is pish poor

Nobody of any standing wants the job, cant blame em.....

Get used to it he will be in charge of the test side soon....:o

His record since taking charge of the limited over sides is pish poor

Nobody of any standing wants the job' date=' cant blame em.....[/quote']

Thing is, what does he actually know about one day cricket? He hardly ever played it. Never mind T-20. Letting Flower go was a disastrous decision and the person who allowed it should be sacked.

From what I have seen, Giles doesn't have much competition for the job.

I'm not happy to see peter moores in the frame, I always think coming back for a 2nd stint is to be avoided by the successful coaches but Moores didnt seem to be good enough the first time around.

I think it's ironical that out of all the names mentioned, just a few miles from Lords will be a coach who I think is far better for the job, Graham ford.

From what I have seen' date=' Giles doesn't have much competition for the job.

I'm not happy to see peter moores in the frame, I always think coming back for a 2nd stint is to be avoided by the successful coaches but Moores didnt seem to be good enough the first time around.

I think it's ironical that out of all the names mentioned, just a few miles from Lords will be a coach who I think is far better for the job, Graham ford.[/quote']

It is a sad state when Giles is favourite for the job.

The disastrous run in ODI and T20 form is a direct result of Giles. There are far too many terrible selections/ludicrous tactics/in appropriate decisions for it all to be someone else's fault.

The tactics and team selection over the past year have been farcical. We are not going through a transition, just a slide into hilarity in the one day game.

Dernbach. That is all.