Sign in to follow this  
Kroitzz

The Official Cricket Thread

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

within a few hours England go from having less chance of winning the world cup than Scotland to being 2nd favourites.

They were never 8th in the reckoning or whatever in the first place one loss to a very good Australia side away is not a real indication, nor defeat in Sri Lanka where the slow turning wickets was never going to suit either our batsmen or bowlers.

Were are by an large pretty tripe at ODI but if Englnd are to do anything playing in Australia gives us a much better chance with the pacier wickets, some bounce favouring the bowlers that we have in the squad and our batting line up being much better on these type of wickets able to use the pace rather than conditions in the sub-continent where we would inevitably fall as flat as a pancake as we can't play and accelerate scoring against any half decent level of spin bowling.

We ain't a great side, but we ain't a terrible one either in Australian conditions the only teams I would really not fancy us to have much hope against is Australia, South Africa and an on song New Zealand will be hard to beat.

The thing with a World Cup is once you get past the pretty mundane group stages, it is simply an "on the day" event. We have enough players capable of producing it's simply a case of whether they will.....

Re: Official Cricket Thread

My WC prediction :

Chance of winning the Cup by order :

1) Aus

2) SA

3) NZ

4) Pak

5) Eng

6) Ind

7) SL

8) WI ?

So how about those West Indies huh? Apparently we're only good at T20. O wait i already knew this. Record run chase of 231 vs SA in a T20. Then we go and make SA score 439 against us in an ODI. That's completely awful.

Re: Official Cricket Thread

8) WI ?

So how about those West Indies huh? Apparently we're only good at T20. O wait i already knew this. Record run chase of 231 vs SA in a T20. Then we go and make SA score 439 against us in an ODI. That's completely awful.

Oh hopefully WI gets out of the group stages-the team is packed with power hitters-so there is always a punchers chance.

:D seems you may be right -however I choose to believe that they like WI are just playing possum to lull the opposition into a false sense of security and then

il_340x270.662511169_ccnx.jpg

(seems supporting arsenal does things to you...:o)

Explosion will happen just wait till the IPL comes. Arsenal are looking good for 4th though surprisingly. :P

They were never 8th in the reckoning or whatever in the first place one loss to a very good Australia side away is not a real indication' date=' nor defeat in Sri Lanka where the slow turning wickets was never going to suit either our batsmen or bowlers.

Were are by an large pretty tripe at ODI but if Englnd are to do anything playing in Australia gives us a much better chance with the pacier wickets, some bounce favouring the bowlers that we have in the squad and our batting line up being much better on these type of wickets able to use the pace rather than conditions in the sub-continent where we would inevitably fall as flat as a pancake as we can't play and accelerate scoring against any half decent level of spin bowling.

We ain't a great side, but we ain't a terrible one either in Australian conditions the only teams I would really not fancy us to have much hope against is Australia, South Africa and an on song New Zealand will be hard to beat.

The thing with a World Cup is once you get past the pretty mundane group stages, it is simply an "on the day" event. We have enough players capable of producing it's simply a case of whether they will.....[/quote']

That's a really good sum up of English side and their chances except I'm not sure about England's batting prowess. Except Bale none of them are world class batters for me. Still, they are 5th in my list only because I'm gambling with Pak this time otherwise I'd put them at 4th because England actually have a small yet realistic chance of winning the cup unlike the two pushovers India and Sri Lanka.

8) WI ?

I was watching a T20 between SA and WI. I know its the shortest format but that was the worst display of batting by WI I've seen for as long as I can remember. I mean beyond terrible. They really need some proper basic coaching on batting.

I was watching a T20 between SA and WI. I know its the shortest format but that was the worst display of batting by WI I've seen for as long as I can remember. I mean beyond terrible. They really need some proper basic coaching on batting.

you should of waited a couple more hours before making that statement:)

Explosion will happen just wait till the IPL comes. Arsenal are looking good for 4th though surprisingly. :P

That's a really good sum up of English side and their chances except I'm not sure about England's batting prowess. Except Bale none of them are world class batters for me. Still' date=' they are 5th in my list only because I'm gambling with Pak this time otherwise I'd put them at 4th because England actually have a small yet realistic chance of winning the cup unlike the two pushovers India and Sri Lanka.

Gareth? :D:eek: I thought he was Welsh...and a Madrista..;)

I was watching a T20 between SA and WI. I know its the shortest format but that was the worst display of batting by WI I've seen for as long as I can remember. I mean beyond terrible. They really need some proper basic coaching on batting.[/quote']

No lad.. the teams peeved about the captaincy changes etc. Hence agricultural shots and the nearest waterhole is the order of the day.

:o

I timed it well tbh. ;)

No lad.. the teams peeved about the captaincy changes etc. Hence agricultural shots and the nearest waterhole is the order of the day.

:o

Bell, not Bale. :o

Haha

Australia to win it.

there, said it.

I think it's between them and SA.

SA rely too much on Steyn, Amla and De Villiers in all formats and I think Australia have a more consistent set up, plus the choking factor is still there however much they try and deny it.

New Zealand are in fine form and I feel they will look like potential winners but will fail when it comes to a big game, possibly the semi's.

England and Pakistan will look good at times but wont make the final either.

India and Sri Lanka might not look good at times but will get through the group stages.

WIndies are sadly in a mess, an few individual performances might get them through but I feel very sorry for the new captain having to go through what could be a personal nightmare for him.

don't know who will take the 4th spot in their group but I'd like to see UAE shock everyone.

New Zealand 360 for 5 (Ronchi 170*, Elliott 104*) beat Sri Lanka 252 (Dilshan 116, Boult 4-44) by 108 runs

amazing batting by Ronchi and co.

Australia 7 for 304 (Smith 102*) beat England 8 for 303 (Bell 141, Root 69) by 3 wickets

Underlying their favorite status Australia overcome a good Bell knock as Smith leaves em wanting more.

India 69 for 2 v Australia. No result

saved by rain :)

Took some time and watched T T play Guyana..

Trinidad & Tobago 200 for 8 (Mohammed 117*, Permaul 3-22) beat Guyana 65 (Griffith 31, Narine 6-9) by 135 runs

Narine fans would be pleased with his performance-bowled with control, deception and variety. Bit embarrassing though was having Elvin Lewis out first ball-he bludgeoned a brutal 110 of 20 in a match against our team ( we fell for less than half their score :o)..bowled 3 overs for 38 and spent the rest of the match fielding at cow corner..

5908960661_1a83bed01e_z.jpg

India 69 for 2 v Australia. No result

saved by rain :)

Took some time and watched T T play Guyana..

Trinidad & Tobago 200 for 8 (Mohammed 117*' date=' Permaul 3-22) beat Guyana 65 (Griffith 31, Narine 6-9) by 135 runs

Narine fans would be pleased with his performance-bowled with control, deception and variety. Bit embarrassing though was having Elvin Lewis out first ball-he bludgeoned a brutal 110 of 20 in a match against our team ( we fell for less than half their score :o)..bowled 3 overs for 38 and spent the rest of the match fielding at cow corner..

[img']https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6007/5908960661_1a83bed01e_z.jpg[/img]

As a Trinidadian, i was very happy with this display by our team :D

Chanderpaul should've opened the bating for Guyana again, the guy made 98 i think it was in the semi final vs JAMAICA who were probably favorites to win, when he opened. Instead, the move him back to 4th in the batting line up and the entire thing collapsed.

also, as usual, WI win an ODI when the series is over, 3-1 now, 1 game left.

at 73-5 though, they did do good, samuels and sammy put up 93 for the 6th wicket, then Russel took over, and we managed to chase down 262, with 1 wicket left and 9 balls to spare.

also, only a west indies player has the balls to try to hit a 6 with 1 wicket left, with 3 runs to win from 9 balls. lol. I swear, everytime WI win a game they hit a 6 for the last ball.

Miller got 130 not out for South Africa though, they need someone like Narine back in there.

We got swagger with it though B)

you probably saw the 3rd T20 after WI had already won the 3 match series.

West Indians are lazy, they didnt care to win the 3rd game as much as the others.

and well... imo WI's probably comes in rotation, i.e., getting singles/2s. We can hit boundaries, no problem. Possibly the best boundary hitting team (I'll argue that we are :P) but we soak up a lot of dot balls and don't take many singles etc. Well Chris gayle hates running, but he'll just bludgeon the ball for sixes. Our running between the wickets isn't even poor though, we can't play the ball well enough to make singles. It's either we hit a boundary or it's a dot ball basically. So perhaps you do have a point, playing cricket growing up for me was just trying to hit the ball as hard, and as far as possible :D

they need someone like Narine back in there.

We got swagger with it though B)

Reports are circulating that Narine will not be in the final team ODI..

While the West Indies Cricket Board are to react to news of former Players Union boss Dinnanath Ramnarine tweeting Sunil Narine’s non-acceptance of his selection on the regional squad for next month’s Cricket World Cup' date=' NEWSPOWER SPORT is suggesting that a door is open for Narine’s fellow Trinidadian Dwayne Bravo to be his replacement.[/quote']http://news.power102fm.com/room-for-bravos-recall-to-west-indes-squad-for-cricket-world-cup-26997

Sydney Sixers 147-5 (20 overs): Henriques 77

Perth Scorchers 148-6 (20 overs): S Marsh 73; Lee 3-26

Perth Scorchers won by four wickets

Awesome match too bad some players had to be on the losing side

South Africa 361 for 5 (Amla 133, Rossouw 132) beat West Indies 230 (Samuels 50, Parnell 4-42) by 131 runs..:o

Congrats to the Aussies who have been dominant in the tri series.

Seems the Kiwis have the same thing in mind

New Zealand 213 for 3 (Elliott 64*, Taylor 59*) beat Pakistan 210 (Afridi 67, Misbah 58, Elliott 3-26) by seven wickets

My best ODI ever XI (You can choose yours from icc-cricket website

:)) :

k920l.png

You gotta add one of the best ODI all rounders Lance Klusener B) Id take Flintoff out and Richards as he was before my era. I think id add Lara as theres enough bowling options in that team.

You gotta add one of the best ODI all rounders Lance Klusener B) Id take Flintoff out and Richards as he was before my era. I think id add Lara as theres enough bowling options in that team.

I thought about both Klusner and Lara but opted for Freddie and Sehwag in the end. I just think on his day Flintoff is a better player than Klusner. In batting went for either players who scores blitzkrieg or who are consistent. Lara would be my first choice bat ahead of Hayden and Sachin if it was Test XI but in ODIs I think his strike rate is a bit too low. His ability and flair is unquestionable though of course.

Viv was my very first pick. I think at that era to be so destructive was virtually impossible. Imagine him playing these lesser bowlers of today and add to that the batsmen favoured rules created. He would annihilate any attack. ;)

In bowling, thought about Donald but went for Mcgrath as he'll keep the run rate down with economical bowling. Akram, Warne, Murali selects themselves. Akram will be the skip because he's shrewd and no question about Gilly being the keeper.

The fact theres no Michael Bevin or Mike Hueesy on the list sum up the incompetentce of the ICC. These were two of the best middle order anchors/ffinishers in ODI history but neither get a shout.

I agree with a lot of those but Brett Lee and MS Dhoni deserve a shout too.

I forgot about Bevan i would also have him in the middle order. I still think Klusener was a better player then Flintoff he did have a 40 career batting average Ghora lol. I wonder World Cup stats wise who would be the best 11? If anyones bored maybe they can check it out lol