Sign in to follow this  
Kroitzz

The Official Cricket Thread

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

I forgot about Bevan i would also have him in the middle order. I still think Klusener was a better player then Flintoff he did have a 40 career batting average Ghora lol. I wonder World Cup stats wise who would be the best 11? If anyones bored maybe they can check it out lol

Sachin highest scorer in 1996 and 2003 and 2nd highest scorer in 2011. B)

Absolutely not, aram, i\m afraid. I stayed up til 2 am English time on a work night specifically to watch the England innings and it was desperate aside from Ali. I was doing my nut. How can a team be 172-0 off 30 and show all the signs of not having learned anything through the innings of Ian Bell? It was a desperately poor innings. It was hard work for him from ball one. He was facing what can only be described as an awful bowling attack no better then cannon fodder. And he weren't the only The way the spinner was played was predictably hopeless. As David Lloyd commented, he was literally bowling lobs. He was only fit for a net bowler.

What we saw from Bell, Ballance, and the others is a group of individuals thinking completely about themselves. A good side hammers Scotland into total submission, instead we gave them half a chance. The pitch and the start dictates a score of 350 minimum. Personal averages clearly came ahead of team net run rates and making sure they stayed in the team even if the side suffered.

England are going nowhere under this regime. We're picking too many Non English born players. I don't give a crap about skin colour. If you were born in England and raised here, you're good to go. Instead we're seeing Zimbabweans, Irish, West Indian, South Africans and god knows who else get in the side in recent years and to tell you the truth, i've had it. Again, this is not a race issue and bear in mind, i'm an Arsenal fan. It's an identity issue. It's the England cricket team, not the bloody commonwealth XI, I find it very hard to support them. And when you see them continuously rolling over, it makes it very hard to back them.

Peter Moores needs to clear out his desk as he should never have been appointed in the second place. Kevin Pietersen was spot on about him. He is a wet blanket. There need to be a complete change in the hierarchy or things won't change. I have faith it will. Listening to Bumble and Ian Botham last night, amongst others, they're saying what i'm feeling and eventually, you'd think the right person will listen eventually. I'm really finding it very difficult to support this group of individuals,

Absolutely not' date=' aram, i\m afraid. I stayed up til 2 am English time on a work night specifically to watch the England innings and it was desperate aside from Ali. I was doing my nut. How can a team be 172-0 off 30 and show all the signs of not having learned anything through the innings of Ian Bell? It was a desperately poor innings. It was hard work for him from ball one. He was facing what can only be described as an awful bowling attack no better then cannon fodder. And he weren't the only The way the spinner was played was predictably hopeless. As David Lloyd commented, he was literally bowling lobs. He was only fit for a net bowler.

This begs the question was the right team selected for the competition? Where was the long term planning that took place after the last competition-when statements were issued about getting things sorted. Maybe Cook was sacked too late for Morgan to make this team his own?

What we saw from Bell, Ballance, and the others is a group of individuals thinking completely about themselves. A good side hammers Scotland into total submission, instead we gave them half a chance. The pitch and the start dictates a score of 350 minimum. Personal averages clearly came ahead of team net run rates and making sure they stayed in the team even if the side suffered.

Maybe backroom issues haunt the team a la WI? Or was expectation so low that no one believes or worst that they don't care ?

England are going nowhere under this regime. We're picking too many Non English born players. I don't give a crap about skin colour. If you were born in England and raised here, you're good to go. Instead we're seeing Zimbabweans, Irish, West Indian, South Africans and god knows who else get in the side in recent years and to tell you the truth, i've had it. Again, this is not a race issue and bear in mind, i'm an Arsenal fan. It's an identity issue. It's the England cricket team, not the bloody commonwealth XI, I find it very hard to support them. And when you see them continuously rolling over, it makes it very hard to back them.

True-But you have to wonder why has this been done? This team is selected by the administrators who govern the game-is there such a dearth of English talent rather than homegrown?

Peter Moores needs to clear out his desk as he should never have been appointed in the second place. Kevin Pietersen was spot on about him. He is a wet blanket. There need to be a complete change in the hierarchy or things won't change. I have faith it will. Listening to Bumble and Ian Botham last night, amongst others, they're saying what i'm feeling and eventually, you'd think the right person will listen eventually. I'm really finding it very difficult to support this group of individuals,

Moores baffles me tbh..He supported Cook as Capt. of the ODI team when clearly he could not earn a spot on the team. But I guess just like the rest of us sorry sobs gotta take the bad with the good.

Ed Joyce has been lucky today against the UAE. The ball hits the stumps and the bails pop up and falls back into their place haha

Lucky-Nope all part of the plan..B)

2SDJqOYGNK4

Scotland 18/1 (3.6 ov)

Afghanistan

Afghanistan won the toss and elected to field

Lucky-Nope all part of the plan..B)

2SDJqOYGNK4

Scotland 18/1 (3.6 ov)

Afghanistan

Afghanistan won the toss and elected to field

Great stuff from Afghanistan they pulled off the win

I know a few late wickets made it look like a close game but that was a real hiding for the aussies:).

I still have this feeling that New Zealand will look like champions all the way until the semi or final where they will have their first bad performance, i hope i'm wrong as i would love to see them win it.

And thats what Pakistan does when you take them for granted. They dont follow any rule in the book. It helps that most of them are uneducated anyway. :P But boy can they play on their day especially with the ball. B)

Even after this I'll say South Africa are THE most talented side in world cricket by a comfortable margin. They just dont have the fighting gene in them it seems.

And thats what Pakistan does when you take them for granted. They dont follow any rule in the book. It helps that most of them are uneducated anyway. :P But boy can they play on their day especially with the ball. B)

Even after this I'll say South Africa are THE most talented side in world cricket by a comfortable margin. They just dont have the fighting gene in them it seems.

SA have some of the most talented players in their side but the whole team isnt talented.

when the going gets tough too many go missing, leaving them reliant on Amla, De villiers and steyn.

SA have some of the most talented players in their side but the whole team isnt talented.

when the going gets tough too many go missing' date=' leaving them reliant on Amla, De villiers and steyn.[/quote']

They have Duminy who I highly rate. Also dangerous batters like Du Plessis and Miller. Then in bowling Morkel, Abbott and Imran Tahir. Not to mention they are a top class fielding side.

Honestly dont know how many more talents they need to put a good team together. It shows some serious psychological problems lie in the team to finish 2nd best to India(who are flattering to deceive IMO) and Pakistan (simply god awful).

After this I find it really hard to see them winning Quarter, Semi & Final three high pressure games straight.

They have Duminy who I highly rate. Also dangerous batters like Du Plessis and Miller. Then in bowling Morkel' date=' Abbott and Imran Tahir. Not to mention they are a top class fielding side.

Honestly dont know how many more talents they need to put a good team together. It shows some serious psychological problems lie in the team to finish 2nd best to India(who are flattering to deceive IMO) and Pakistan (simply god awful).

After this I find it really hard to see them winning Quarter, Semi & Final three high pressure games straight.[/quote']

i'm afraid i dont see any of them turning matches when they are up against it.

i remember Morkel in the test match at Newlands when England had to bat through the last day to get a draw, he went missing.

Tahir is a decent domestic player but no international spinner, i love how the south africans constantly whine about England having south africans in their team when actually none of those players were anywhere close to being professional cricketers , let alone close to being internationals, yet the sa cricket board rushed through this Pakistan A team players passport application to get in the side as quick as possible.

they might well go on to win the world cup but it will be a few top players carrying the rest.

Good to see Australia smashing it. Maxwell maiden 100 coming in a minute or 2. and fastest ICC CWC 100 i think he can crack too.

Hopefully i havent just jinxed him.

Coming of age in this World Cup. Didnt rate him as a serious player prior to this, was all fizz and no substance, but looks to finally be going on with it.

After this great run chase by Lankans I've to say they earned the right of being a contender now.

Right now I'd say favorites in order :

Australia

Sri Lanka

India

South Africa

New Zealand

SA and NZ are not mentally strong and yet to win a world cup so I put them behind. :rolleyes:

After this great run chase by Lankans I've to say they earned the right of being a contender now.

Right now I'd say favorites in order :

Australia

Sri Lanka

India

South Africa

New Zealand

SA and NZ are not mentally strong and yet to win a world cup so I put them behind. :rolleyes:

Id have New Zealand 2nd, no doubt, not changed my mind since the tourney started said an Aussie V New Zealand final and nothing so far has caused me to think any differently.

They should win the group, meet Ireland possibly in the QF for me they are quality all over the pitch.

Kumar Sangakaara is awesome though, so elegant him and De Villiers are proper batsman love watching them. It's enjoyable watching a Maxwell, Finch, Gayle swatting it around with big bashes but those two just score runs so quickly with proper cricket shots.....beautiful.

Hopelessly inadequate England side exempted, I've really enjoyed this world cup. Some of the batting's been on another planet. Couldn't pick a winner. Some teams are doing better then I would have thought. I know they're a bit erratic but I always look at Pakistan during these tournies. They're always likely to do something.