Sign in to follow this  
Kroitzz

The Official Cricket Thread

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

yep fell to pieces after seemingly recovering a poor start.

As i write this their last hope disappears

Might not even make 200 now, bit disappointed as i wanted a good high scoring game, but the Aussie in me is ecstatic.

Disappointed for New Zealand but I really can't find the heart to begrudge the Aussies their win after the terrible events of four months ago. It won't bring Phillip back but I hope it makes the Aussie boys feel like they've paid the most fitting of tributes, Being English, It's not the done thing to say I was rooting for Australia but really, I was.

Fantastic world cup with brilliant batting, bowling, fielding. The only thing that tarnished it was England and their pre-historic ideas on One day cricket.

It made me feel physically sick to see the aussies win. It's not healthy to dislike a sporting nation as much as I do Australia.

It shouldn't. Perspective is needed this time. Those guys lost one of their mates not long ago. The fact they had the fortitude to carry on and win it for him says a lot about them as a group. It also highlights to an even starker contrast the pathetic cowardice crippling the English game, from the selectors to the coach to the players. I admire the Australians, it's the English team, not that most of them are really English, that make me feel physically sick.

Inaction on this thread...let's get this up and roaring!

Does anyone watch the IPL here?

is that the 2 hour kiddies version of proper cricket run by bookies.

That's only CSK, run by the honest Mr. Srinivasan

more like 3 and a half but ok

IPL is not too bad, it is at any rate better than what england call a T20 league:D

is that the 2 hour kiddies version of proper cricket run by bookies.

That's only CSK' date=' [b'] run by the honest Mr. Srinivasan[/b]

more like 3 and a half but ok

IPL is not too bad, it is at any rate better than what england call a T20 league:D

Ya, wonderful human being he is.

Another great test match England have been involved in.

This morning i wasn't expecting a win but a draw and even if it had been a draw, it still would of been a great display to shut up all the critics.

I would love Cook to turn around and stick his fingers up at all people who weren't behind them at the start of this test, sadly, there are too many from England that seem to enjoy finding fault wherever they can , lets hope the media can manage to speak and write positively about this test.

Another great test match England have been involved in.

This morning i wasn't expecting a win but a draw and even if it had been a draw' date=' it still would of been a great display to shut up all the critics.

I would love Cook to turn around and stick his fingers up at all people who weren't behind them at the start of this test, sadly, there are too many from England that seem to enjoy finding fault wherever they can , lets hope the media can manage to speak and write positively about this test.[/quote']

I don't believe New Zealand imploded like the way he did. Terrible. England finally got a win and some good news what with all the Kevin controversy and the Moores sacking and what not.

Hear Trevor Bayliss is the new England coach, that guy keeps shuttling between international teams. If he is England's first choice, then God save them.

I don't believe New Zealand imploded like the way he did. Terrible. England finally got a win and some good news what with all the Kevin controversy and the Moores sacking and what not.

Hear Trevor Bayliss is the new England coach' date=' that guy keeps shuttling between international teams. If he is England's first choice, then God save them.[/quote']

possibly the fact that New Zealand found themselves having to save the game from the first ball meant the had to change the way they have become accustomed to playing and some good bowling along with being able to set very attacking fields all added to the situation.

Bayliss does seem like first choice at the moment but no official announcement made yet.

What is wrong with him or his coaching record?

possibly the fact that New Zealand found themselves having to save the game from the first ball meant the had to change the way they have become accustomed to playing and some good bowling along with being able to set very attacking fields all added to the situation.

Bayliss does seem like first choice at the moment but no official announcement made yet.

What is wrong with him or his coaching record?

They could have probably saved it but the extremely early wickets probably cost them, coupled with the fact that Brendon McCullum in his current state of play and coming off the World Cup and IPL is not the player you would want to save a game. Despite his 301 against India last summer, he's likely to go more bang-bang than block-block currently.

I would have thought that Jason Gillespie would have had a chance, but the fact that he is Aussie probably did him in.

On second thoughts, Bayliss has had expertise in limited overs cricket, led SL to 2nd in the 2011 WC, and took Sydney and KKR to domestic league wins. England certainly need white-ball help.

I would have thought they'd have gone with a more marquee name, but don't think any are available.

They could have probably saved it but the extremely early wickets probably cost them' date=' coupled with the fact that Brendon McCullum in his current state of play and coming off the World Cup and IPL is not the player you would want to save a game. Despite his 301 against India last summer, he's likely to go more bang-bang than block-block currently.

I would have thought that Jason Gillespie would have had a chance, but the fact that he is Aussie probably did him in.

On second thoughts, Bayliss has had expertise in limited overs cricket, led SL to 2nd in the 2011 WC, and took Sydney and KKR to domestic league wins. England certainly need white-ball help.

I would have thought they'd have gone with a more marquee name, but don't think any are available.[/quote']

Strauss wouldnt discriminate against anyone, unless they comment on why they preferred Bayliss to Gillespie, we wont know the reason but it certainly wouldnt be because of his nationality, Bayliss is also Australian.

My guess would be the experience and that Fairbrace will stay on as assistant, are two good reasons why he has been first choice.

I think it is a good decision and the future is looking good for England, there is a lot of promising young talent playing domestic cricket as well.

Strauss wouldnt discriminate against anyone' date=' unless they comment on why they preferred Bayliss to Gillespie, we wont know the reason but it certainly wouldnt be because of his nationality, Bayliss is also Australian.

My guess would be the experience and that Fairbrace will stay on as assistant, are two good reasons why he has been first choice.

I think it is a good decision and the future is looking good for England, there is a lot of promising young talent playing domestic cricket as well.[/quote']

Probably yes. England always have good talent playing County Cricket, but they hardly play well for England do they? Except Stokes, Ballance I think.

Mark Wood did well in his debut Test though.

Talking about Strauss and discrimination: Kevin Pietersen?

Probably yes. England always have good talent playing County Cricket' date=' but they hardly play well for England do they? Except Stokes, Ballance I think.

Mark Wood did well in his debut Test though.

Talking about Strauss and discrimination: Kevin Pietersen?[/quote']

Im pretty sure KP spoke about team tactics and how to stop their own players in the media, not the best of things to do akin to treason in the sporting world.