Sign in to follow this  
Kroitzz

The Official Cricket Thread

Re: The Official Cricket Thread

Im pretty sure KP spoke about team tactics and how to stop their own players in the media' date=' not the best of things to do akin to treason in the sporting world.[/quote']

But that's only speculation, and he remains one of England's current best players all said and done. A real shame they have dumped him. At least he tried getting back his place, rather than go for the money in IPL. His 350-odd was a superb innings too.

Cook needs to man up and use Moeen Ali better - if he doesn't want to use him properly' date=' send him back to us, we'd love to have him back at New Road![/quote']

Yes, Moeen Ali is being misused

Probably yes. England always have good talent playing County Cricket' date=' but they hardly play well for England do they? Except Stokes, Ballance I think.

Mark Wood did well in his debut Test though.

Talking about Strauss and discrimination: Kevin Pietersen?[/quote']

? how has he discriminated against him, whether you agree or not that KP should be playing, it has to be one of the easiest situations to understand why the ECB have made their decision.

? how has he discriminated against him' date=' whether you agree or not that KP should be playing, it has to be one of the easiest situations to understand why the ECB have made their decision.[/quote']

Yes, it's easy to understand why the ECB have dumped him. Although how could Strauss believe that KP would accept an advisory role for limited-overs cricket when they said he can't play for them on levels of "trust"? Astounding.

I get your point though, but it's a sad ending for KP, though I doubt that's the last we've heard of him and England.

Yes' date=' it's easy to understand why the ECB have dumped him. Although how could Strauss believe that KP would accept an advisory role for limited-overs cricket when they said he can't play for them on levels of "trust"? Astounding.

I get your point though, but it's a sad ending for KP, though I doubt that's the last we've heard of him and England.[/quote']

i think the advisory role was to get him involved with the players and coaches to see whether he could get back some of the respect he has lost over the last few years, to see if he is capable of being a team player.

It does make sense but i can see why people wouldn't think of it as a good idea.

I'm just glad that the whole situation can now be left alone for the summer and we can talk about how good test cricket is and hopefully will be over the next few months.

i think the advisory role was to get him involved with the players and coaches to see whether he could get back some of the respect he has lost over the last few years' date=' to see if he is capable of being a team player.

It does make sense but i can see why people wouldn't think of it as a good idea.

I'm just glad that the whole situation can now be left alone for the summer and we can talk about how good test cricket is and hopefully will be over the next few months.[/quote']

Yes, I'm looking forward to a great summer of Test cricket coming up! :D

Two brilliant Test matches between NZ and England' date=' hope this continues on to the Australia-WI series and then the Ashes next month![/quote']

It certainly was, NZ taking batting to a new level, whether attacking to this degree is the right thing to do, only time will tell.

From an English point of view, plenty of positives to be taken from it, sadly the one reliable player, Ian Bell, is in his worst form as an International.

Although Australia will be favourites for the Ashes, i still sense it wont be an easy time for them.

It certainly was' date=' NZ taking batting to a new level, whether attacking to this degree is the right thing to do, only time will tell.

From an English point of view, plenty of positives to be taken from it, sadly the one reliable player, Ian Bell, is in his worst form as an International.

Although Australia will be favourites for the Ashes, i still sense it wont be an easy time for them.[/quote']

NZ has become very entertaining to watch under Baz! Great to see :)

Staggering result that from an English perspective. In isolation' date=' you'd have to rank that as England's best ever one day performance.[/quote']

Agreed, when I checked the score, I couldn't believe my eyes! Superb play from Buttler and Root