The Official Cricket Thread

Kroitzz

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Official Cricket Thread

I wouldn't even trust Luke Wright to be honest. Your right' date=' without Strauss we are an average side with plenty of overrated underachievers.

Here we go again... 62-3[/quote']

he he he

this isn't the best english side available imo

im very suprised white can actually bat at number 3 but its a very pleasent surprise

It is frustating that we haven't got KP or Flintoff playing' date=' but to lose 3 in a row is very bad, especially when we could have easily won the first 2 which both required chasing down targets around 250.[/quote']

but even out of the players available you havent got the best team imo. the batting isnt balanced with way to many sloggers in there. the batting has been ordinary this series from both sides. only white has really impressed

but even out of the players available you havent got the best team imo. the batting isnt balanced with way to many sloggers in there. the batting has been ordinary this series from both sides. only white has really impressed

I don't think the bowling has been much better either to be honest barring perhaps Lee. Watson has had some good figures but put him up against India, South Africa or Sri Lanka and he'd get slaughtered. The fact is that these are two of the poorest 50 over sides around currently. England are clueless currently and the Aussies aren't much better :eek:. Sincerely hope both find some form before the champions trophy and both could do with a change in personnel or it could be further embarassment for both

imo no one has used his head while batting.

they not applying themselves not spending time on the pitch and get singles.

no one trying to play the anchor role like what ferguson has done he has really impressed me

I don't think the bowling has been much better either to be honest barring perhaps Lee. Watson has had some good figures but put him up against India' date=' South Africa or Sri Lanka and he'd get slaughtered. The fact is that these are two of the poorest 50 over sides around currently. England are clueless currently and the Aussies aren't much better :eek:. Sincerely hope both find some form before the champions trophy and both could do with a change in personnel or it could be further embarassment for both[/quote']

Exactly the same way I felt about winning the ashes. The 2 sides playing were poor, and certianly not the best like in 2005.

It will be interesting to see when both sides come up against some quality in the form of India/Pakistan. India I think are the best side around, and they will absoultely kill England!

If you'd said to me before the summer that we would win the ashes and lose the one day series 7-0 i'd have taken it.....

Yes it would be nice to be better at it' date=' but ODI cricket as we know it is dying a death[/quote']

Ye defo, I'm sure Ponting doesn't give a hoot about this series, the real goal was finally winning an Ashes in England and he failed. ;)

If you'd said to me before the summer that we would win the ashes and lose the one day series 7-0 i'd have taken it.....

Yes it would be nice to be better at it' date=' but ODI cricket as we know it is dying a death[/b']

50 over won't get vanished with the advent of T20 the same way test cricket didn't vanished when ODI came to the scene first.

though it is becoming less popular and T20 seems to be the IN thing.the new fans are liking T20 but it is the same transition phase that came 25-30 years back when ODI surfaced. but to be honest there is a need of a revamp in ODI.sachin's idea "25 overs innings per side for a 50 over" seems to be bit over the top but something more innovative will be needed.

for a player to be complete and world class he still need to be potent in all 3 forms of the game.that is where england is lacking IMO (except KP) ofcourse. they have all the its-bits player but no one complete who can tackle nerves and patience of test cricket,guile and maneuver required in ODI, grittyness and power of T 20.

still as you hold a test more important than ODI series the same way a ODI is way above T20 in terms of efforts required from a player.

really poor consistency from ENGLAND in ODI's over the past 5 years or so

50 over won't get vanished with the advent of T20 the same way test cricket didn't vanished when ODI came to the scene first.

though it is becoming less popular and T20 seems to be the IN thing.the new fans are liking T20 but it is the same transition phase that came 25-30 years back when ODI surfaced. but to be honest there is a need of a revamp in ODI.sachin's idea "25 overs innings per side for a 50 over" seems to be bit over the top but something more innovative will be needed.

for a player to be complete and world class he still need to be potent in all 3 forms of the game.that is where england is lacking IMO (except KP) ofcourse. they have all the its-bits player but no one complete who can tackle nerves and patience of test cricket' date='guile and maneuver required in ODI, grittyness and power of T 20.

still as you hold a test more important than ODI series the same way a ODI is way above T20 in terms of efforts required from a player.

really poor consistency from ENGLAND in ODI's over the past 5 years or so[/quote']

I think that an ODI should be 40 overs not 50, but with the same Powerplays. Theres a period in the 50 over game where the game just gets boring for 10 or so overs.

I think that an ODI should be 40 overs not 50' date=' but with the same Powerplays. Theres a period in the 50 over game where the game just gets boring for 10 or so overs.[/quote']

no prob with 40 overs a side as it will be more interesting but the players won't be using their heads to build up the innings which englishmen are not currently doing .the lull which we see from 20 to 35 overs or so is to build or rebuild the innings which is quite important for devlopment of a cricketer .

this phase requires a batsmen to score a 6 runs per over which won't happen in any other format though it sometimes becomes boring usually in sri lanka

I don't think the bowling has been much better either to be honest barring perhaps Lee. Watson has had some good figures but put him up against India' date=' South Africa or Sri Lanka and he'd get slaughtered. The fact is that these are two of the poorest 50 over sides around currently. England are clueless currently and the Aussies aren't much better :eek:. Sincerely hope both find some form before the champions trophy and both could do with a change in personnel or it could be further embarassment for both[/quote']

i think you are being a bit harsh on us there. we kept up with south africa when they were in the form of their lives so i think its a bit harsh sayin we are the second poorest side out of the test playing nations. we are better than WI, Bangladesh maybe lol, Pakistan, New Zealand and England. Sri Lanka India and South Africa are the best but Sri Lanka might drop in the next couple of years.

I'm dreading the South Africa series this winter. :(

Everyone would worry about going there lol

i think you are being a bit harsh on us there. we kept up with south africa when they were in the form of their lives so i think its a bit harsh sayin we are the second poorest side out of the test playing nations. we are better than WI' date=' Bangladesh maybe lol, Pakistan, New Zealand and England. Sri Lanka India and South Africa are the best but Sri Lanka might drop in the next couple of years.[/quote']

I didn't mean that Australia and England are the two poorest one day sides, but they are amongst the poorest. I'd say currently there's three divisions in 50 over terms:

- South Africa, India and Sri Lanka are the top three

- Australia, Pakistan and New Zealand the next three

- then unfortunately England, West Indies and Bangladesh (pluse associate nations)

Australia will have got a lot of confidence from this series and will go into the champions trophy full of confidence and may even win the thing now considering they normally do well on South African pitches. But the batting and bowling is poorer than normal Australian standards.

Then again, if they win the remaining two ODIs, they will go back to the top of the ODI ICC rankings (currently 3rd). But maybe that says more about the rankings than Australia's current ability over the 50 over game.

I didn't mean that Australia and England are the two poorest one day sides' date=' but they are amongst the poorest. I'd say currently there's three divisions in 50 over terms:

- South Africa, India and Sri Lanka are the top three

- Australia, Pakistan and New Zealand the next three

- then unfortunately England, West Indies and Bangladesh (pluse associate nations)

Australia will have got a lot of confidence from this series and will go into the champions trophy full of confidence and may even win the thing now considering they normally do well on South African pitches. But the batting and bowling is poorer than normal Australian standards.

Then again, if they win the remaining two ODIs, they will go back to the top of the ODI ICC rankings (currently 3rd). But maybe that says more about the rankings than Australia's current ability over the 50 over game.[/quote']

ok lol

agree with you there. rankings dont really count for much but it is nice saying you are number 1

Rf_OyKOOa7U

the most bizzare hitwicket you'd ever see

sangakkara against india compaq cup final.

got my heart in my mouth as he got out only 130 about runs were reqd at 6.5RPO before he got out.

look the way they tackle the bowler R.P singh hilarious :D

sachin scored his 45 ODI century and bhajji got a five for

Archived