The Official Cricket Thread

Re: Official Cricket Thread

Chris Gayle is currently 331 n.o against Sri Lanka :eek: . An innings which has included 9 sixes and 34 fours. Hope I haven't put the commentators curse on him' date=' but could he break Brian Lara's record for the highest individual score.[/quote']

Wow! I didn't hear of this! He is a fantastic cricketer and entertainer. I hope he gets it! :D

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Cricket Thread Well to be fair they did send their secretary to mediate and I guess that hurts a bit more. The BCCI cares about what draws the crowds and I guess T20/ODI's provide that.

Re: Official Cricket Thread Well South Africa does look a bit undercooked and seem rooted to the spot while England does play with Gile, and tred well while trotting along on a broad bowling perform

Re: Official Cricket Thread just for fun:D NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS OF INDIAN CRICKET TEAM: VIRENDER SEHWAG: I will stop making fun of BANGLADESH. GAUTAM GAMBHIR: I will stop dreaming about CAPTAINCY.

To be honest with both of you' date=' deep down I was hoping he didn't get it :D . Whilst he's a terrific entertainer and on his day as good as anyone, he doesn't really deserve to be in classed in the ranks of Bradman, Tendulkar, Miandad, Ponting, Lara etc.[/quote']

Mark Taylor and Hayden beat him too ;)

Ponting was beaten by about 80 runs lol

Bradman is still the best. He scored his on uncovered pitches :)

LOL' date=' we don't want your Arsenal bad luck ruining our chances ! :P[/quote']

Evidently we don't need any of your newcastle luck...5-1 Bolton sheesh:p Back to cricket, i watched parts of the Aussie A game and i weren't impressed with some of these up and coming Aussies. That Kwahaja(spelling) looked terrible, that Peter George bloke(the lanky one with absurd ears) chucks it and how on earth is clint Mckay still floating around the Aussie set up? On a more positive aussie note that Cameron bowler looked very good and i would seriously suggest the selectore pick Cameron White, he's a serious batsmen.

I have to say also, i enjoyed listening to the Australian commentators for onv. I get sick of our ones although i still like them. Richie Benaud's awesome:cool:

On a more positive aussie note that Cameron bowler looked very good and i would seriously suggest the selectore pick Cameron White' date=' he's a serious batsmen.

I have to say also, i enjoyed listening to the Australian commentators for onv. I get sick of our ones although i still like them. Richie Benaud's awesome:cool:[/quote']

Cameron is a dark horse for this series. He's been injured for two years but just recently he got an 11 wicket haul at the Gabba. Yes, I would prefer White to North. Khwaja and Ferguson had pretty ordinary days but so does every player. That is probably their chances for this series gone though.

Johnson hit a century for WA and got a 5 for. Hussey hit a century so he keeps his place. North is 23 NO so we will see how he goes. Ponting still short of runs. Doherty favorite for the spinners slot although I would rather Smith. Doherty did claim the wicket of Katich recently, which will help his cause. Watson got a 5 for aswell.

Bill Lawry is a horrible commentator lol

Cameron is a dark horse for this series. He's been injured for two years but just recently he got an 11 wicket haul at the Gabba. Yes' date=' I would prefer White to North. Khwaja and Ferguson had pretty ordinary days but so does every player. That is probably their chances for this series gone though.

Johnson hit a century for WA and got a 5 for. Hussey hit a century so he keeps his place. North is 23 NO so we will see how he goes. Ponting still short of runs. Doherty favorite for the spinners slot although I would rather Smith. Doherty did claim the wicket of Katich recently, which will help his cause. Watson got a 5 for aswell.

[b']Bill Lawry is a horrible commentator [/b]lol

Nah, he's all right

Can't wait me :D

Anyway' date=' [b']what way do you's all think the toss will go and what will both Captain's do?[/b]

Strauss calls all the Tests so hopefully he gets the first win at the toss and I hope he Bats first, being a Hard Track and looks too have a bit grass on also.

Aussies will win the toss and bat first, which England would have done also. However, they will be bowled out for 57 inside the first session, with Broad taking 9-20. England will then score 672-3 dec with Strauss scoring 352 before Oz get skittled for 108, giving England an innings and 507 run victory:cool:

Aussies will win the toss and bat first' date=' which England would have done also. However, they will be bowled out for 57 inside the first session, with Broad taking 9-20. England will then score 672-3 dec with Strauss scoring 352 before Oz get skittled for 108, giving England an innings and 507 run victory:cool:[/quote']

Aye, sounds decent that :P