The Official Cricket Thread

Kroitzz

Re: Official Cricket Thread

Embarrassing for Bangladesh.. all out for 58 and Siddique got 25 of them!

West Indies team bus stoned by Bangladesh supporters after the game also :rolleyes:

Pathetic performance by the Bangladeshi players, but their supporters have behaved even more pathetically. Stoning is unacceptable full stop, but if you really want to take your anger out on someone, maybe it would have been better to take it out on your own players for that woeful showing :rolleyes:

West Indies are beginning to look a little menacing now with Roach on fire and Benn bowling great. Also yet to see Gayle really explode. England might need to win that game to ensure qualification :o

Well' date=' that makes everything all right then:rolleyes:

I thought Bangladeshis were nice, happy, peaceful people...evidently not.[/quote']

There are people like that in every nation.

That was Aussie rules mate :P

International Rules which is a lot more like Gaelic Football than Aussie Rules ;)

Well that's completely different from Aussie Rules. The number of people on the field is the same as Gaelic too ;)

Yes but you cant solo the ball in Aussie Rules, there is no double posts either side worth 1 point, there is no stopping when you catch the ball, in Gaelic you cant keep hopping the ball you must hop then solo then hop etc. Its a lot different mate ;):P

Yes but you cant solo the ball in Aussie Rules' date=' there is no double posts either side worth 1 point, there is no stopping when you catch the ball, in Gaelic you cant keep hopping the ball you must hop then solo then hop etc. Its a lot different mate ;):P[/quote']

It's different towards both :P We have to discuss this off this thread I think lol

What a catch by Smith! Anyone see it?

Extremely good batting by Sangakarra and Jayawardne! Sensible and excellent running.

EDIT: Great fielding by Smith and now Krejza is bowling well. When Krejza is good, he is brilliant! When he is bad, he is Johnson-esque.

Well this World Cup is so hard to understand. No stand out favourites. India just edging it but it's hard to tell when the teams are at.

Hussey called up into the Australian squad. It's good to see him there but with Tim Paine and now Hussey for Bollinger, I feel we are short on bowlers.

Pietersen out injured so Morgan is back in.

Disastrous news re: Pietersen, but Morgan's inclusion is fantastic. Will be interesting to see who opens the batting now, hope it's Bell, personally.

Still think we look incredibly weak batting-wise once through the top order though (Strauss, Bell, Trott, Morgan) - don't think there's much there afterwards.

don't understand why morgan and bopara were not in the starting X1 from the first match..Morgan is the only real match winner england have' date=' they also need to get owais shah back in the squad too[/quote']

Morgan's been injured with a broken finger.

For me, there's not many exclusions worth pointing out because the squad has been ravaged by injuries following an exhaustive Ashes tour. But for me, I think Rashid would have been perfect for this WC, had he been bed into the squad better. He would have suited the conditions brilliantly and helped lock down another end in the middle of the innings opposite Swann. He's a better batsman that Yardy as well.