The Official Cricket Thread

Kroitzz

Re: Official Cricket Thread

Need to make changes to this batting line-up, Morgan isn't a test player and Bell is even more frustrating than Bopara. :confused:

Shouldn't have been so defensive at the start, someone getting a quick 30-40 would have taking the game away from Pakistan. Then again they still can't play basic spin

edit;

Oh well.. time for Monty to show the rest how it's done..

Going back to the Lions team, another good result for them in Sri Lanka. This time it was Kieswetter finishing not out with 112, Buttler made a quick 40 again outscoring Bairstow and Taylor.

Interesting that Kieswetter is batting at 5, maybe thinking of moving him there in the one-day side? But then it means changing the openers yet again..

The batting from England hasn't been good but one bad series shouldn't warrant panic. First bit of Test match cricket, not properly prepared for the tour. It reminds me of England's approach to the 2006/07 series. I do think this team can bounce back.

Looking forward to the ODIs against India. Always good fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Good win for England today. A couple of points to make:

1. Terrible shot by Ravi Boradman. Once again, he ensures that he'll stay in the ODI side by doing the bare minimum and not an ounce more.

2. Talking of ounces, Samit Patel is embarrassing in the field. You can't have a Professional sportsman so unfit. If he was a pub cricketer, then fine but at this level....no.

I haven't seen any of the match' date=' were the others (Pietersen, Trott, Morgan etc) just as pathetic as they were in the Tests or was it brilliant bowling?[/quote']

Trott was a little unlucky as he went first ball, Morgan looked clueless again tbh and was lucky to last that long as was Pietersen who survived 2 reviews and would have been run out by a team that could actually field well :o

Kieswetter was probably the worst, just looked like he had no idea what to do, although to be fair to him it's a little unfair he's been shoved down the order to a position he isn't used to just because Pietersen wants to open. If Buttler gets off to a decent start when he's fit then I think he'll end up replacing Kieswetter.

Good to see him stay on for Test matches! Nobody outside of the team is better than him in that format so I'm glad he is there. Watson at 3?

He'll be gone from all cricket before too long, he's far too old. You shouldn't just look to the future in odis, it should be in all formats. And Watson at 3 won't work. He should either open or bat at 5 or 6 as an All Rounder.

What happened to Khawaja' date=' he looked like a decent player when he came into the side against England?

edit;

Buttler finally gets his chance :P gone 2nd ball for 0 :/[/quote']

Morgan showing his uselessness again is the important bit. How he is in at 4 only God knows lol. Buttler should have been in about 6 or 7 i think as a game finisher. Harsh putting him at 5 when he would have to bat very early on against the tough spin that he's not used to. Morgan sparked the collapse though. Clueless batting as per usual. Trott had just gone so hold the place down a little, don't throw away your wicket as per, thus putting the nervous new lad in the firing line.

Morgan showing his uselessness again is the important bit. How he is in at 4 only God knows lol. Buttler should have been in about 6 or 7 i think as a game finisher. Harsh putting him at 5 when he would have to bat very early on against the tough spin that he's not used to. Morgan sparked the collapse though. Clueless batting as per usual. Trott had just gone so hold the place down a little' date=' don't throw away your wicket as per, thus putting the nervous new lad in the firing line.[/quote']

Agree that Morgan should be lower, if Kieswetter is going to stay in the side then he should be at 3 or 4. If Cook is out early then Trott comes in but if Pietersen goes first then Kieswetter should be next.

And on the subject of KP, I've criticised him often enough, but he was superb yesterday. Played just like he did when he first came into the side, hopefully he can continue that now.

Morgan and Bopara partnership gave Pakistan the win yesterday' date=' they knew that 2 inexperienced youngsters were in next with Ajmal and Gul to bowl the last few overs, so decided to take 4-5 an over against their weaker bowlers :confused:[/quote']

Morgan being the problem again ;)

What happened to Khawaja' date=' he looked like a decent player when he came into the side against England?

edit;

Buttler finally gets his chance :P gone 2nd ball for 0 :/[/quote']

With Khawaja he seems to not be in the selectors minds for now. He has been undone by spin quite often. He needs to bat at 3 but he should be in the team soon. Can't drop anyone yet apart from Marsh who will give way to Watson.

Peter Forrest seems to be the next man in line at the moment. Playing really well in the ODIs but more importantly he has been great in first class cricket. He seems a really solid player.

I'm a massive Khawaja fan and I hope he will be in the team sooner rather than later because he has so much talent.

Morgan being the problem again ;)

And now dropped from the Test side for the Sri Lanka tour, quite surprised tbh as I thought they'd give him another chance. Can't see him getting back into the team now.

Another good win yesterday, Broad's last over was excellent and always good to see Afridi out early so the crowd goes silent :D

And now dropped from the Test side for the Sri Lanka tour' date=' quite surprised tbh as I thought they'd give him another chance. Can't see him getting back into the team now.

Another good win yesterday, Broad's last over was excellent and always good to see Afridi out early so the crowd goes silent :D[/quote']

Buttler floundered again and Morgan was just dire. He shoud just play IPL, that's all he seems to be good at and work towards.

Just seen Malinga's figures from the 50 over game. 7.4 overs, one wicket and 96 runs :eek: