Risers to: 90+ in 2009/10 season

MLDave

I am new to SM and despite using the 'search forum' tool I can not seem to find a thread quite like what I'm looking for (gulp) so......

Who are all the players (and their positions) currently rated under 90 who will, most probably, be above 90 by the end of the 2009/10 season?

I think it is a good idea to have a 'quick reference' guide just for players of special 'in the top teams soon' quality that have already been found by scouts on SM, Not just for me but for everyone.

Re: Risers to: 90+ in 2009/10 season

I can tell you why there's no such thread. Because there is no player, which will definitely hit 90 at the end of the season. Even those who are currently tipped to hit 90 definitely in the next changes could get injured, dip seriously in form or move to another club where they don't do as well. There are a few players which have the potential, but anything else is guessing as long as the season in most countries is only a few weeks (if even) old.

I can tell you why there's no such thread. Because there is no player' date=' which will definitely hit 90 at the end of the season. Even those who are currently tipped to hit 90 definitely in the next changes could get injured, dip seriously in form or move to another club where they don't do as well. There are a few players which have the potential, but anything else is guessing as long as the season in most countries is only a few weeks (if even) old.[/quote']

He didnt ask for anyone who was definitely gonna hit 90+, he said who will move over 90 from under 90 just now by the end of the season. All he wants is a bit of help on which players to buy that presumably, in the long term will make his team better. Whats wrong with just listing a few players like the rest of the people did on here?

Mesut Ozil and Marko Marin already mentioned are definites, its looking like Thomas Vermaelen will too on recent form. Others i would say would be Sergio Busquets, Glen Johnson, Brede Hangeland, Aaron Lennon, Jeremy Menez, Denilson, Luis Nani & Antonio Valencia (depending on whether they are continually rotated or always playing), Bafetimbi Gomis, Eduardo (again depending on whether he is rotated), Marouane Chamakh.

Hope this helps MLDave ;).

I can tell you why there's no such thread. Because there is no player' date=' which will definitely hit 90 at the end of the season. Even those who are currently tipped to hit 90 definitely in the next changes could get injured, dip seriously in form or move to another club where they don't do as well. There are a few players which have the potential, but anything else is guessing as long as the season in most countries is only a few weeks (if even) old.[/quote']

Phil forgot to mention that meteorites might slam into the Earth or that the respective prospects might all get swine flu or that Chelsea might sue the player and force them into retirement. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't worry some people on here actually do make educated predictions which is not the same as "guessing"...

There are two such threads that you are looking for on the Forum, but neither has been updated recently.

Andyowls' is HERE

and Caleb's is HERE.

Both these guys are v good w rating predictions though so if they aren't updated you might want to check their posts on various players around the Forum.

EDIT: And HERE's yet another thread... but keep in mind an army of angry leprechauns might slaughter all of the prospects or they might all catch syphilis or they all might all get hooked on old-school Star Trek re-runs and refuse to show up for training, or worse yet honeybees might stop pollinating the Earth and cause all crops to fail in which case only Real Madrid's players with their superhuman powers will be the ONLY ones able to withstand the subsequent malnutrition and any potential performance & ratings drop... :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, didn't spot anyone (yet) who was not already snapped up though.:eek:

Thanks to Phil too as he pointed out some things which a total amateur could have missed (not me:D.) I think I spot some small English>German + German>English miscommunication, lol.

Some good links too.

Here's one each for attackers, midfielders, and defenders that aren't the normal responses...

For an attacker, take a look @ Guerrero @ Hamburger SV.

For a midfielder, you can do some work on D'Agostino @ Udinese. Creative deep midfielder, who like Pirlo is a late bloomer

For a defender, check & see if Miranda @ Sao Paulo is available. He'll likely be moving to Europe within a year and he is one of the best bets to hit 90 in the forthcoming Brazilian ratings. (Johnson @ Liverpool probably wont be available, but who knows...)

Here's one each for attackers, midfielders, and defenders that aren't the normal responses...

For an attacker, take a look @ Guerrero @ Hamburger SV.

For a midfielder, you can do some work on D'Agostino @ Udinese. Creative deep midfielder, who like Pirlo is a late bloomer

For a defender, check & see if Miranda @ Sao Paulo is available. He'll likely be moving to Europe within a year and he is one of the best bets to hit 90 in the forthcoming Brazilian ratings. (Johnson @ Liverpool probably wont be available, but who knows...)

Hope your on the button with Guerrero, just had an offer accepted for him :D

@ Swanseajack

DEFINITES

Valencia, Vermaelen and Johnson on current form i would agree. However i wouldn't say Benayoun will although i didn't think Park would and they're both in the same boat i suppose. Walcott will be lucky to get back in the team depending on when he comes back and how Arsenal are playing so he is not a definite.

PROBABLES

I would say Milner and Nani yes and that Nani could be pushing in the definites really, as with Milner. However there is no guaranteeing Milner will play at Villa (especially with the system they have just now with Young on the left wing) and Agbonlahor will have to score a lot of goals as he should have been a 90 a while ago but hasn't yet made that. Bent will surely make 89, but im not so sure about 90. Palacios is a definite imo, Turner i very much doubt will move to 90 any time soon.

POSSIBLES

Green and Noble i will say will be 90 by the end of the season. However, Jones and Parker i dont think so. Carlton Cole will have to have a really good season and stay injury free as well as be on the national scene. Upson i think will stay at his current rating steadily as well as Distin. There is no reason why Cattermole can't be a future 90 but i don't see it for this season.