Lee's list of 88+ risers

leecska

Having taken so much from this forum I feel it's time I gave something back, even if it is just an amalgamation of other people's work. I'm going to try and list players currently's rated 88 or above from each country's league who have a chance of rising - my results for each country are split in 2 sections:

Probable Risers - players with a 90%+ chance of getting a rise

Possible Risers - players with a 50%+ chance of getting a rise at the moment, and who are likely to make progress from now until the rating changes towards that rise.

Then I'll highlight my ★STAR BUYS★, players getting particularly large rises, or player likely to carry on rising. Basically, players you should definately get your hands on now!

Where two (or more!) possible ratings are displayed (e.g. 90-91/92), the first is the one most likely.

England

Spain

Italy

France

Germany

Holland

Portugal

Looking for a certain position? Well now they're sorted again, this time by a player's primary position...

GK

LB

RB

CB/Def

DM (includes CM/DM)

Wing/LM/RM

AM/CM

Fwd/CF

And finally, all the star buys in one, handy, place. Nice.

Re: Lee's list of 88+ risers

Having taken so much from this forum I feel it's time I gave something back' date=' even if it is just an amalgamation of other people's work. I'm going to try and list players currently rated 88 or above from each country who have a chance of rising. I'll split each country into 2 sections: "Probable Risers" and "Possible Risers". I'll also give a rough prediction for each player. Bear in mind it is still early in the season (some leagues having only just started; I'll do them last), and of course predictions will change. I'll try and restrict the "Probable Risers" list to players that definately should get some sort of rise barring a massive change in fortunes.

First up: the English Premier League, currently 4 games old.

[center']ENGLAND

Probable Risers[/center]

Phil Jagielka 89-90

Assuming Everton recover from their indifferent start to proceedings, this guy is now Everton's principal defender. Another defender who finished strongly last season and should be rewarded with a 90.

I agree that Phil Jagielka should increase to a 90.... had he not got a serious injury last season. He hasnt made an appearance yet and wont do until December at the earliest. He is probably the best defender at Everton when he's fit, and could forma deadly partnership with Distin, but seeing as the English Changes are six weeks away, and December is 12 weeks away, hopefully he'll keep 89.

I agree that Phil Jagielka should increase to a 90.... had he not got a serious injury last season.

Whoops' date=' strangely I knew this but it didn't cross my mind when I was writing his prediction. Becuase I'm writing this with the next round of predictions in mind, I think I'll have to remove him.

what are bassong (86) and k.jones (87) set to rise to

Bassong's rating all depends on the fitness of Woodgate and King (and to a lesser extent, Dawson). Given the former's current injury (and the frequency of his trips to the medical room) and the latter's restriction of one game a week, Bassong could actually end up making the most appearances of all 3/4. I'm going to say a rise to 88 this time, with the possibility of 89/90 in the future.

Kenwyne Jones missed out on a place in the post due to his rating being 87, but should see a rise to 88. 89 isn't out of the question should he have a particularly good run.

A few German risers added now - being more reliant on secondary sources (ie. a nice combination of dissecting match reports and blatant plagerism) it's a bit less complete than the first section. Any additions/corrections very welcome.

The Bundesliga will be the first major European league reviewed, so once finished these should be the most accurate predictions!

I see you have Ben Foster on the list. I agree he should go up , however i think that there is a better keeper in the prem well 2 of them that should be noted for increases.

Firstly

Mark Schwarzer - Played fantistcally and made some crucial saves all throught the premier league last season.Unlucky they got relegated. Take for Example against Man united when they lost 4-0 it could've been 12-0 if it werent for his magnificent saves.

and

Robert Green - Green has been one of west hams best players along with jack collison. Green has made crucial saves and i think he should have a rating increase of 1 or maybe 2.

I see you have Ben Foster on the list. I agree he should go up ' date=' however i think that there is a better keeper in the prem well 2 of them that should be noted for increases.

Firstly

Mark Schwarzer - Played fantistcally and made some crucial saves all throught the premier league last season.Unlucky they got relegated. Take for Example against Man united when they lost 4-0 it could've been 12-0 if it werent for his magnificent saves.

and

Robert Green - Green has been one of west hams best players along with jack collison. Green has made crucial saves and i think he should have a rating increase of 1 or maybe 2.[/quote']

Yes, both keepers have had been fantastic lately, and I will put both on the 'possible risers' list. Schwarzer is getting Europa League football and Green has played a couple of times for England (not enough for a +2 rise though), but on the other hand, any rise would make them the best players in their respective teams (which although may be fair, still makes a rise uncertain). Thanks.

Think I'll also add Matthew Upson to the "possible risers" as well now I'm thinking about West Ham...

hey great post there :D

a few players i would like to point out.

Denilson could get a 90 if he continues his performances. IMO he has stepped up to another level this season with his passing and shooting.

Lucas is a definite riser too, given that he will continue starting for us. 89 should be certain.

And i think babel should be removed, he should drop to 88 if anything. His performances have been shocking tbh, esp against spurs. He has since been dropped.

cheers

Denilson could get a 90 if he continues his performances. IMO he has stepped up to another level this season with his passing and shooting.

Lucas is a definite riser too' date=' given that he will continue starting for us. 89 should be certain.

And i think babel should be removed, he should drop to 88 if anything. His performances have been shocking tbh, esp against spurs. He has since been dropped.

cheers[/quote']

Hmm, my natural apathy towards Denilson stopped me putting him on the thread, but you are right; he's started the season very well after playing almost every game last season. I guess that merits a 90 in a top four team. He'll go in "possible risers" becuase I still can't be sure he deserves the rise.

Not sure why I put Lucas down as a "possible rise" - he will definately start at least until Aquilani gets fit. That's definately worth an 89. He's promoted.

I really like Babel, it's a shame what's happening to him at Liverpool. I haven't seen much of him this season, so I'll take yur word for it. If he really has been that horrible, a 90 is too much of an ask.

GERMANY

germany-flag.jpg

Probable Risers

Marcio Rafinha 90-91

As of writing' date=' [b']Rafinha looks to be on the brink of a move to Bayern Munich.[/b] Champions League football should bump this quality player up to a 91.

its not going to happen

Magath has made it clear that their has been no offer from bayern and it would be hard for magath to let him go.

I don't think that rafinha will do enough for rise

its not going to happen

Magath has made it clear that their has been no offer from bayern and it would be hard for magath to let him go.

I don't think that rafinha will do enough for rise

That's a shame, I really like this player. A move to Juventus would have been even better for him really. I'm going to demote him to possible risers - all this interest has to be justified, he must still be an outside shot for a 91.

A great and very helpful post.

P.S. Will you do the players from Italy' date=' Spain, France and [u']Netherlands[/u]?

Thanks, yes I hope to do those 4 countries and possibly Portugal. I intend to do Netherlands after completing Germany as they are further into their season than the other countries.

You should add Clint Dempsey and maybe Danny Murphy to your Fulham list.

I think Clint Dempsey should rise, but I'm not going to include him on the grounds he's an 87, and I can't see him pushing on 89/90 in the near future, so not enough to merit a special inclusion.

I think I will include Danny Murphy as a "possible riser", he deserves to be one of Fulham's highest rated players - certainly on a par with Andy Johnson.

A few 88 players not mentioned that I hope will rise.

SCHAARS' date=' Stijn

ZAPATER, Alberto

MENDES DA SILVA, David

ZOKORA, Didier

any views??[/quote']

Thanks, these are definately candidates for the Netherlands/Spain/Italy sections of the post. Of the four, I would probably say Zokora is most likely to see a rise, though we'll have to see how much game time he gets for Sevilla.

I think if he carried on ther form of last season he will definatley go up to 90!

Hes as good as Fellaini who is a 90 rated player

I fully expected a rise last year. It didn't come, so I can't be sure it will come this year. I agree he is definately good enough, but he is not a regular like Fellaini who is one of the first names on the Everton team-sheet.

I think Clint Dempsey should rise' date=' but I'm not going to include him on the grounds he's an 87, and I can't see him pushing on 89/90 in the near future, so not enough to merit a special inclusion.

I think I will include Danny Murphy as a "possible riser", he deserves to be one of Fulham's highest rated players - certainly on a par with Andy Johnson.[/quote']

If you can't include Dempsey, than you shouldn't include Ben Foster on the same grounds. But you are doing some good work, and I can see Dempsey hitting 89 at the end of the season, or after the World Cup, where he will be a star there. He is as good or better, than a few wingers who are on 90 already.