Sign in to follow this  
swanseajack

Official Swansea City Thread

Guest seck

Re: Official Swansea City Thread

confident of a win away to Ipswich next saturday

Ipswich aren't doing well + Swansea are starting to get into form' date=' with a 6 game unbeaten run (2 wins l 4 draws) + starting to score goals

few players will be back to fitness for that one because of the international break[/quote']

ipswich has got to win sometime and it could be saturday :rolleyes::D

but seeing that you are so confident i will be placing a bet on a swansea win at my local coral ;)

if they don't win im holding you personally responsible for money lost :mad:

Line Up V Ipswich:

De Vries

Rangel Tate © Williams Bessone

Britton Orlandi

Dyer Pratley Gower

Beattie

Subs: David Cornell, Jazz Richards, Jordi Lopez, Thomas Butler, Cedric Van Der Gun, Besian Idrizaj, Lee Trundle

4-5-1, monk, dobbie, allen, pintado, serran + bodde out

Bessone plays instead of Painter with Beattie playing up front on his own. Orlandi comes into the centre midfield aswell.

1-0 Up at half time V Shorpe :D

Beattie on 32 minutes with the goal, (3 in 4 now) and is looking to be someone we can rely on to score

Swansea Line-Up:

De Vries

Rangel Williams Monk © Tate

Britton

Allen Pratley

Van Der Gun Gower

Beattie

again no Dyer, despite him being our best player

Jazz richards not even on the bench :eek::confused:

+ once again Dobbie doesn't make it on to the bench, before his injury he was the only person we could rely on to score goals with 3 in the league cup, but now he's back he's yet to play

1-0 Up at half time V Shorpe :D

Beattie on 32 minutes with the goal' date=' (3 in 4 now) and is looking to be someone we can rely on to score

[b']

Swansea Line-Up:

De Vries

Rangel Williams Monk © Tate

Britton

Allen Pratley

Van Der Gun Gower

Beattie

[/b]

again no Dyer, despite him being our best player

Jazz richards not even on the bench :eek::confused:

+ once again Dobbie doesn't make it on to the bench, before his injury he was the only person we could rely on to score goals with 3 in the league cup, but now he's back he's yet to play

very good 3 swansea are on of my favouite teams now

Great 3-2 win over Cardiff!!!!

Darren Pratley with a brace, and dyer also getting a goal

done very well to go 2-0 infront, but the spell where they scored their 2 goals to get level was similar to the shocking display at middlesborough. But we kept our heads, passed it round and got the winner through Pratley.

another good performance, and showing many watchers on sky how good we are

Unbeaten run now stretched to 11-games !

superb win at home to Derby, they are hard to break down but a 1-0 win is a superb result and glad we got the 3-points

Battered them throughout the game, and hit the post after 5 minutes and in the first half Bywater should of been sent off after clearly handling outside his area but the linesman played play-on despite being 5 yards away from the incident.

Eventually got the goal with 10 minutes remaining, Bessone stormed forward got on the end of an excellent through ball and chipped it into the far post to ruin Robbie Savage's day.

Now in 3rd place, best league position in 26 years

Swansea 0 - 1 Nottingham Forest

A dissapointing 1-0 loss at home to Forest,

We dominated possesion, and controlled the play, we had the better chances but couldn't take them, they managed to get a undeserved goal and their was no ergancy in our play,

Dyer was constantly standing still, and not looking for the ball, and Pratley had his worst game of the season, when Trundle came on he was a big threat for Forest and if anyone was going to score it was going to be Trundle,

Guess it just wasn't our day, down to 6th, will go 7th if Boro win their game in hand :o

Next Up - Sheffield Wednesday - Away

Great chance of a win at Hillsborough, Should go 4-4-2 really as if they want a win then they're going to have to have more of a threat up-front, I would pick:

De Vries

Rangel Tate© Williams Bessone

Cotterill Britton Pratley V.D.Gun

Beattie ;)Trundle;)

Dissapointing to miss out on the play-offs by just a point, but hopefully we'll come back next season and easily reach the play-offs.

And under Rodgers i really think we can do well next season, only Leon Britton sold and Donnelly & Neil Taylor signed but i'm hoping for a few more singings after Rodgers took over.

We've rejected a bid from Blackpool for Rangel :)

Players that we've been linked with:

Tamas Priskin (Ipswich) £400,000

Jack Cork (Chelsea) Loan

Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea) Loan

Brian Stock (Doncaster) £650,000+

Right, bringing this back up as although I was just talking to myself in 09/10 apparantly everyone loves the Swans now and even Stoke have got a thread now.

Amazing start to the season and the new boys have settled in well, adding Ki and hopefully Pablo Hernandez to that and we've got a super side on our hands. Still primarly we need to stay up though, i'd snap your hand off for 17th.

We've got an awful lot to do though before Friday afternoon though and I think it could be a hectic deadline deal, hope we get everything we need done by then.

Capital One Cup - 2nd Round - Barnsley (H)

Swansea City 3-1 Barnsley

Goals: Danny Graham, Luke Moore (x2), Bobby Hassell

Assists: Luke Moore, Jazz Richards, Mark Gower

Tremmel

Rangel - Bartley - Tate - Davies

8 .......... 9 .......... 8 .......... 8

De Guzman - Agustien - Ki Sung Yueng

6 .................. 7 .................. 8

Dyer - Graham - Moore

7 ............. 7 ............. 7

Subs: Jazz Richards, Stephen Dobbie, Mark Gower

......................... 7 .......................... 8 ...................... 7

Looks like you're still talking to yourself :P

:P

Seems man.city have turned their attentions to walcott and sinclair will stay...

I doubt Sinclair will stay. I'm hopeful that Man. City will go back in for him, but if they sign Walcott then Liverpool and Arsenal will be after a winger so hopefully we'll be able to sell him. If he does stay, I won't mind him being back up but financially we'll have lost a lot of money.

I doubt Sinclair will stay. I'm hopeful that Man. City will go back in for him' date=' but if they sign Walcott then Liverpool and Arsenal will be after a winger so hopefully we'll be able to sell him. If he does stay, I won't mind him being back up but financially we'll have lost a lot of money.[/quote']

He is a good player but 9m is a good deal for you.

Swansea playing some good stuff ths season but i think they should be judged after playing one of the top teams to see if they could be top 7. I think swansea will finish 10-15th

He is a good player but 9m is a good deal for you.

Swansea playing some good stuff ths season but i think they should be judged after playing one of the top teams to see if they could be top 7

He's not a very good player at all, he'd be ok back up for the season but hasn't done well in the Premier League. Maybe that will change in the Championship, but i'm not sure I can take another season like his last season.

The fee being talked about isn't £9 million either, I think we'd accept £6 million if it was offered. Wouldn't believe what is being reported on Sinclair, as all the usually reliable sources had previously stated that a deal had been done or that a bid had been accepted.

I don't think we'll finish top 7, and no one will be looking at finishing in the top 7. Our primary goal will be to stay in the division, and we've got another 34 points to get before we can start looking up in my opinion. We've got 8 games before we play a top team, and those are the more important games for us than playing against the top teams because more points are up for grabs.